• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

I can't believe I just read thirteen hundred and forty eight posts.

I got mine today, it seems nice but I kinda miss my Tikka already. The bolt lift is really heavy but it's not in a chassis yet so it's hard to really tell. The bolt lift on the Tikka was effortless. The Zeus is kinda cool because the bolt closes itself. My acc is at the cerakote dude and the barrels are still getting cut. I got a bartlein dasher and a benchmark 308. I should have my trigger and mags Monday. TT diamond 2 stage and mdt aics. View attachment 8286065
bare action the bolt lift is really heavy, as the firing pin spring is new. in a stock or chassis with a trigger it lightens up some. needs to be broken in with a few hundred rounds.

Reactions: louu

I got mine today, it seems nice but I kinda miss my Tikka already. The bolt lift is really heavy but it's not in a chassis yet so it's hard to really tell. The bolt lift on the Tikka was effortless. The Zeus is kinda cool because the bolt closes itself. My acc is at the cerakote dude and the barrels are still getting cut. I got a bartlein dasher and a benchmark 308. I should have my trigger and mags Monday. TT diamond 2 stage and mdt aics. View attachment 8286065

FYI, most mdt mags out of the box won't run with 3 lug actions. So you'll likely need to mess with feed lips a good amount.

If your chassis has adjustable mag latch, I'd look at running aw mags.

@louu

Had the same thoughts you did when I first got mine. But then I read on here where users were putting their shooting hand thumb on top of the rear of the bolt when opening as counter-force since it's a "cock on opening" design. Between that and the feel like the bolt wants to close itself... it's easier to stay on target during cycling. I have since adopted the "thumb on rear of bolt when opening" with all my rifles and do it without thinking.

Also, my MDT metal mags run smooth (ACC Chasis). The polymer mags need a little more push on the bolt. I can see slight rub marks on the tops of the mag feed lips. I COULD file them down a tad or play with the mag catch , but everything feeds, so I let it be.

I apologize if you already knew this. Just trying to help and maybe other folks will see this if they have questions.

Still love my Tikka.

Will

@louu

Had the same thoughts you did when I first got mine. But then I read on here where users were putting their shooting hand thumb on top of the rear of the bolt when opening as counter-force since it's a "cock on opening" design. Between that and the feel like the bolt wants to close itself... it's easier to stay on target during cycling. I have since adopted the "thumb on rear of bolt when opening" with all my rifles and do it without thinking.

Also, my MDT metal mags run smooth (ACC Chasis). The polymer mags need a little more push on the bolt. I can see slight rub marks on the tops of the mag feed lips. I COULD file them down a tad or play with the mag catch , but everything feeds, so I let it be.

I apologize if you already knew this. Just trying to help and maybe other folks will see this if they have questions.

Still love my Tikka.

Will
I've seen some guys doing that in videos. I'll try it but I also want to try just hitting it upward. Hopefully it will just loosen up. I've only shot a few matches and I timed out a couple of times, I just want everything to run smooth so I have less stuff to worry about.

I read though this whole thread and most guys don't have any trouble with the mdt mags and acc like you so I'll just have to wait and see.

All good man I appreciate any advice I can get

I’m having serious ejection issues with 6 dasher and ARC M-Brace one piece mount. Is this a known issue or just my bad luck?

Update: I think I have isolated the problem to a weak ejector spring. I’ll get one ordered and see if it improves. This is a completely new build but bad parts do slip through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolomite
I am wondering if anyone has recently heard from @Joel Russo? Haven't got any reply for 2-3 weeks after sent a few emails and their voicemail seems always full.

I am wondering if anyone has recently heard from @Joel Russo? Haven't got any reply for 2-3 weeks after sent a few emails and their voicemail seems always full.
Yeah that's pretty much the standard. Great actions but he's basically a one man show and he doesn't do much with communication ect.... it is what it is.

I guess I’m lucky. He’s always answered the phone when I call.
It was all good until sometime few months ago, It doesn't matter what time you call, after a few rings, it goes straight to voicemail and at the end of the message, the mailbox is full and you have to send email.

Totally understand he is busy, it would be good to he can have someone as a part time just to process emails and maybe clear the voicemail.

I guess I’m lucky. He’s always answered the phone when I call.

Same with me 🤷🏼‍♂️

Me too, my transaction was easy, it took a couple of weeks before it was available but otherwise the communication was adequate.

I have had zero issues getting in touch with him.
If any of you guys heard from him in the past few weeks, mind PM his contact not listed on the website?
I can't get through his voicemail, no email reply either. Even tried message him on Facebook, Instagram, no response either.

I'd like to get an answer to this question if anyone can - bolt body diameter and action bore diameter ?

On which bolt? From which action?

Sorry. I had posted this question earlier in the thread as well as sending a pm to Joel. No answers from either.

Zeus bolt body diameter and action bore. Some actions are built with more clearance than others and I'm just trying to figure out where this action is.

Sorry. I had posted this question earlier in the thread as well as sending a pm to Joel. No answers from either.

Zeus bolt body diameter and action bore. Some actions are built with more clearance than others and I'm just trying to figure out where this action is.
I know the zues bolt is .725 diameter where most r700 bolts are .750. It’s supposed to feed better with the smaller rounds like 6br etc.

Heavier than a Tikka? I’ve always found the Tikka to be pretty heavy anyway, smooth as hell, but heavy. It’s light and easy once it’s cocked but I’ve gotta use my thumb on the back of the action every time I’m cocking my Tikka.

I’m looking to replace my NBK with a Terminus for the 60 degree throw but I’m not excited about the bolt lift being heavier than a Tikka. I don’t know anybody who’s owns one and hate having to buy it just to see what it’s like but I may have to just go for it. Been wanting one for a while now.

Heavier than a Tikka? I’ve always found the Tikka to be pretty heavy anyway, smooth as hell, but heavy. It’s light and easy once it’s cocked but I’ve gotta use my thumb on the back of the action every time I’m cocking my Tikka.

I’m looking to replace my NBK with a Terminus for the 60 degree throw but I’m not excited about the bolt lift being heavier than a Tikka. I don’t know anybody who’s owns one and hate having to buy it just to see what it’s like but I may have to just go for it. Been wanting one for a while now.
It's pretty heavy and has a strong spring but it is an excellent action. PM me if you want more details ect.

Anyone have a pair of dial calipers to measure the body diameter and action bore on a zeus ?

Where are people sourcing barrels for the Zues? I know a few places but was wondering what others are doing or who they are going to.

Attachments

• 90E1A79B-B71D-44D7-8E34-9564179D9339.jpeg
    90E1A79B-B71D-44D7-8E34-9564179D9339.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I have 3 Terminus (2 short, 1 long) and 1 Tikka. Subjectively if I had to say, I’d say the tikka was the heaviest lift of the bunch. Closing, not even close, Terminus.

Why are you so concerned about the bore dia? Just curious

I"m curious as well. but reading multiple posts about "feel" and 'smooth" means nothing to me. I need numbers. I also have a spare barrel sitting here that I could mate up to a 60deg action.

Lol def don't buy an ai then....

I think this is a non issue. I’ve had a tikka and now a zues and shots friends AI’s, impacts 737, Gap tempest, and Arc Nuke. I’ve never noticed the bolt lift being a hinderance on any of them.

As best I could do with a right handed camera and right handed calipers.

Attachments

• DSC_6116.JPG
    DSC_6116.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_6117.JPG
    DSC_6117.JPG
    289.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Haha
Reactions: Balor
I"m curious as well. but reading multiple posts about "feel" and 'smooth" means nothing to me. I need numbers. I also have a spare barrel sitting here that I could mate up to a 60deg action.

Ya but what are you looking for? At what point is it too tight or too loose? And how would you know?

Ya but what are you looking for? At what point is it too tight or too loose? And how would you know?

Hard numbers is what I'm looking for but seems impossible to find. BAT machines their actions to dimensions that dont work for a lot of people as they bind in some conditions whereas other actions have fluting and clearance to run in mud. I"m looking for something in the middle. Its a personal preference thats all.

Hard numbers is what I'm looking for but seems impossible to find. BAT machines their actions to dimensions that dont work for a lot of people as they bind in some conditions whereas other actions have fluting and clearance to run in mud. I"m looking for something in the middle. It’s a personal preference thats all.
Ya I know you want hard numbers. What is ideal in your opinion? When is it too tight? When to loose? .005? .050? And what numbers from other actions are you comparing to?

Reactions: Milf Dots
Hard numbers is what I'm looking for but seems impossible to find. BAT machines their actions to dimensions that dont work for a lot of people as they bind in some conditions whereas other actions have fluting and clearance to run in mud. I"m looking for something in the middle. Its a personal preference thats all.
You’re not going to get them from a caliper.

Reactions: Baron23
I had a 700 and if I recall correctly it was something like .009 (maybe more ) . Mack Bros is .005 , CDG is around .008 , and some BAT actions are under .002 for total clearance.

Reactions: Csafisher
You’re not going to get them from a caliper.

Gage pin would be the best method esp with a 3 lug but even some paper or tape around the body would work.

As mentioned , I sent Joel a pm a while back but have not heard back.

At this point, I'll either try to find one or move on to something else that has a 1.0625x16 thread.

Where are people sourcing barrels for the Zues? I know a few places but was wondering what others are doing or who they are going to.
I have one barrel that was chambered and threaded by Straight Jacket and one on the way done by Short Action Customs. SJ is a shooter but I wouldn't buy from them again. They struggle from a running the business standpoint. SAC on the other hand was such breeze to deal with and had my barrel chambered, threaded, cerakoted, and shipped out in 2 weeks around Christmas this year.

I have one barrel that was chambered and threaded by Straight Jacket and one on the way done by Short Action Customs. SJ is a shooter but I wouldn't buy from them again. They struggle from a running the business standpoint. SAC on the other hand was such breeze to deal with and had my barrel chambered, threaded, cerakoted, and shipped out in 2 weeks around Christmas this year.
Did you just email them? When I click on custom barrels on the site it says page not found.