• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

Well after an extremely painfully long wait on shipping my Zeus finally showed up!! Was the last part of the build I was waiting on and it’s finally complete!!

zues action
Ks medium Palma 1:7 twist 25 creed barrel
Trigger tech diamond
Mpa comp chassis
Currently wearing an atlas but have a ckye pod on its way
Heathen brake

E24B0EAA-DB7F-4739-9585-122CC2466AFF.jpeg

10B954C4-1CDB-47EE-86A1-35DEE98536E4.jpeg

how do you like the mdt? I was debating between the mdt, mpa and krg. The second Zeus is going in the mdt but it hasn’t arrived yet.
View attachment 7321051

I love my MDT's. I wish they had a "lighter version" for my rimfire rifles. I had an ACC for my T3X, my T1X. Sold those, to get new ACC's for my Vudoo and Terminus. This is my "lightened" ACC.

1589040752039.png

It still takes a good total weight of about 16.5lbs to balance.

My new one with the heavier back (steel weight/buttstock) will probably be 20ish to 21 lbs when done.

Big things I like - integrated arca rail. Great positive mag/barricade stop that I can really grip/push into things. Full m-lok on the sides for any accessores, and then internal weights for balance.

I also find MDT's vertical grip and thumb shelf on the chassis to be the most comfortable.

Was this ever answered? I’m sure a call would clear it up, but for those of us considering a Terminus, it would be nice to know. Thanks
I’d just give him a call, he’s super easy to talk to. I’d love a lighter version that took the same prefits as a normal Zeus

Was this ever answered? I’m sure a call would clear it up, but for those of us considering a Terminus, it would be nice to know. Thanks
It was asked on insta and he said nope. But that was months ago so maybe hes changed his mind?

Is anyone else getting a burr on the rim of the brass from the extractor? I assume it is caused by the extractor. It is brand new lapua 6.5 CM brass to begin with. No other problems I love the Zeus action. It is a slight burr I can feel on every case fired, it is not there beforehand. Thanks

Reactions: Dolomite
Is anyone else getting a burr on the rim of the brass from the extractor? I assume it is caused by the extractor. It is brand new lapua 6.5 CM brass to begin with. No other problems I love the Zeus action. It is a slight burr I can feel on every case fired, it is not there beforehand. Thanks
Got a picture or is it just enough for your fingernail to catch on?

Got a picture or is it just enough for your fingernail to catch on?
here is a picture, best I could do. You can clearly see it and feel it with your finger. Same thing every round that is fired. Seems strange. Maybe it will help me identify my brass at least. ;)

Attachments

• brass with nick.JPG
    brass with nick.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 169
Anybody running a .223 and does it have any ejection issues or does it run smooth?

Alright boys, WTF am I doing wrong here. Insert bolt and it’s hitting the rear tang. Only one real way to insert it so I don’t appear to be doing that part wrong. This is a brand new bolt and action.

Attachments

• 71A0D0EF-7B2C-413F-A592-61D8A2F43992.jpeg
    71A0D0EF-7B2C-413F-A592-61D8A2F43992.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 318
  • A4F5C3C9-935F-4FF3-8EE1-BF44590DD793.jpeg
    A4F5C3C9-935F-4FF3-8EE1-BF44590DD793.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 323
  • Haha
Reactions: S3th
Alright boys, WTF am I doing wrong here. Insert bolt and it’s hitting the rear tang. Only one real way to insert it so I don’t appear to be doing that part wrong. This is a brand new bolt and action.
Rotate the shroud roughly 45-60 degrees clockwise.

Find a pic showing the shroud logo in relation to bolt knob and you'll see why

Happened a few times with my Tikka's. You rotated the fire control system too far.

Oh god I tried the method in the video to reset the cocking, and I failed so horribly. Destroyed the edge of my wooden top craftsman, and when it slipped I would bang/scrape it onto my craftsman box. Was a frustrating, frustrating evening doing that.

What I ended up doing, is just stick the shroud into a vise, and cock the bolt like you would do normally. Was super easy and simple.

Yeah, that method isn't fun, but it does work in a pinch. I actually have an old Mag light with a very thick metal loop for hooking to a belt. It works perfectly for this. Honestly, you could even use a shoe string or paracord, but if you have girl arms it will be tough.

Yeah, that method isn't fun, but it does work in a pinch. I actually have an old Mag light with a very thick metal loop for hooking to a belt. It works perfectly for this. Honestly, you could even use a shoe string or paracord, but if you have girl arms it will be tough.

My main issue was the shroud slipping as I started rotating. Since the cocking piece is a bit slanted, it didn't quite grip as much as I wanted to as I was cocking it. Maybe I needed a grittier surface, or rub off the lube/grease on that area.

Did some shooting up in central CA last week. Great rifle, 10.5 lb tack driver, barreled by Kampfeld Custom out of Idaho.

Terminus Zeus in 6.5cm
20" proof
NF 2.5-20×50 with Tremor 3
Manners CS
TT Special

Big shout out to @Joel Russo for making ridiculously badass actions!

Attachments

• 20200531_171426.jpg
    20200531_171426.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Anybody using the MPA with wedge lock? Seems like the small is to small - When used it will begin to twist instead of sitting flush against the recoil lug. The large appears to be to big.

Anybody using the MPA with wedge lock? Seems like the small is to small - When used it will begin to twist instead of sitting flush against the recoil lug. The large appears to be to big.

That’s how wedge lock works. It twists so one side of the barrel is against the lug and the other side is against the chassis.

The only time it won’t twist is with thicker lugs. It’s still twisting, just not as easy to see.

That’s how wedge lock works. It twists so one side of the barrel is against the lug and the other side is against the chassis.

The only time it won’t twist is with thicker lugs. It’s still twisting, just not as easy to see.
Sounds good. It basically looks like this so I didn’t know if one side hitting it was an issue but sounds like it’s working properly then

6D3B3771-1399-4700-AD2F-94F7C8804734.jpeg

Solid deals on PVA website with their barrels already on sale plus 17.76% off with code FFTC1776! Question on the full shank option. That would be for a regular action of QD set up and it would just be the full torque on correct? The other option clearly states set screws so just wanted to make sure I can use both with my quick change Zeus

Love mine...Bartlein spin bugholes, APA GEN3, foundation stock, trigger tech.

Attachments

• D81E3070-EC7D-4FE2-8410-06B93BA0CA9A.jpeg
    D81E3070-EC7D-4FE2-8410-06B93BA0CA9A.jpeg
    455 KB · Views: 210
  • FC68784E-9A82-4850-B146-7A5CF505BE74.jpeg
    FC68784E-9A82-4850-B146-7A5CF505BE74.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 06812112-6E44-446B-B12A-F718BD6FBFED.jpeg
    06812112-6E44-446B-B12A-F718BD6FBFED.jpeg
    886.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 7BDE766D-4E0A-4EF3-8F2D-4F1004DA15EB.jpeg
    7BDE766D-4E0A-4EF3-8F2D-4F1004DA15EB.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 194
  • D61AFF2F-7DC0-4435-813C-CD4723FA0706.jpeg
    D61AFF2F-7DC0-4435-813C-CD4723FA0706.jpeg
    584.5 KB · Views: 217
Thank you. That rig is an absolute dream to handle and friggin hammer. The only thing I would like to add to it would be a cheek piece bc my face gets sweaty! Any suggestions?
Check out Hoptic USA they have some pads that are cut that might work or you can trim 1 to fit.

I would go on the XLR website and buy some spare sheets of foam for a couple bucks and make your own off a template, that's what I did, its low profile but keeps the keep from getting sweaty. I can take a picture later when I am home.

Another option is to get a Weibad pad that you velcro around the cheek piece, it adds height though. I run one on a Manners and do like it but the lines and flow of the Foundation just doesn't seem right with the weibad on it.

Reactions: fili.herrera
Check out Hoptic USA they have some pads that are cut that might work or you can trim 1 to fit.

I would go on the XLR website and buy some spare sheets of foam for a couple bucks and make your own off a template, that's what I did, its low profile but keeps the keep from getting sweaty. I can take a picture later when I am home.

Another option is to get a Weibad pad that you velcro around the cheek piece, it adds height though. I run one on a Manners and do like it but the lines and flow of the Foundation just doesn't seem right with the weibad on it.
For a super clean look, which you clearly have, I’d think the Hoptic or making your own would be the way to go

Anyone running a Bix&Andy Tac Sport Pro? What sear height did you get for your Zeus? I don't have my rifle with me to do all the measurements but wanted to order a Tac Sport Pro to try out. I currently run a Huber 700.

I had heard that having the right sear height can affect how heavy the lift of the bolt is. Right now my Zeus's bolt lift is around 8.5lbs. So I was wondering if switching / timing the trigger would help.

Anyone running a Bix&Andy Tac Sport Pro? What sear height did you get for your Zeus? I don't have my rifle with me to do all the measurements but wanted to order a Tac Sport Pro to try out. I currently run a Huber 700.

I had heard that having the right sear height can affect how heavy the lift of the bolt is. Right now my Zeus's bolt lift is around 8.5lbs. So I was wondering if switching / timing the trigger would help.
Around 9 minutes he goes over how to measure, its the calipe rbody resting on the outside of the cross pin and the depth gauge going down until it touches the cocking piece. Thats how you select the proper height.

1594147100580.png

1594147038210.png

It might get lighter over time as things "wear in", but it may take some time as the whole action is DLC'd. Unfortunately, a slightly heavier bolt lift is a trade-off of running a 60* vs 90*. The Terminus/Curtis design is one of the better 60* designs I've felt as far as bolt lift. The steeper the angle on the cocking piece the more "oomph" it's going to take to perform the same function (or overcome the firing pin spring) of a 90* bolt lift. Defiance actions are popular because of what you noticed today. They are also a quality action. In the picture below is a comparison of my "RR" prefix Remington action and my Terminus. The Terminus was a definite upgrade for me.
View attachment 7316405

Would you happen to have a high end custom 2 lug action to measure and compare? Like a Impact 737R, Defiance Deivant, or Lone Peak Arms Fusion? Just curious as to how light the high end custom 2 lug actions are in comparison. Thank you

Would you happen to have a high end custom 2 lug action to measure and compare? Like a Impact 737R, Defiance Deivant, or Lone Peak Arms Fusion? Just curious as to how light the high end custom 2 lug actions are in comparison. Thank you

Using my trigger pull gauge, my Terminus cocks with about 8lbs of force. I wonder if it'll get lighter than that if I keep shooting it.

I believe Defiance Deviant is like 3 pounds. That's what I read and I felt it was super light when running it. I didn't have my trigger pull gauge the day I tried it out.

I ran 350 rounds through it over a 4 day training course and never really felt it was heavy / issues when running stages.

Reactions: HighPlainsMarksman
I don't have any other high end custom 2-lug actions. I have a Curtis Axiom and Badger 2013 (currently at the 'Smith getting built). I have had a Kelblys, and it was a great action. The bolt lift was surprisingly light and bolt ran smooth. I've opted to try 3 lug actions because there isn't a ton of info out about them (and the only one my buddy's have are the Badger). The Ultimatum and Hoplite arms action are on my list but not before the Mack Bros SS action (due to its price).

Reactions: HighPlainsMarksman
Using my trigger pull gauge, my Terminus cocks with about 8lbs of force. I wonder if it'll get lighter than that if I keep shooting it.

I believe Defiance Deviant is like 3 pounds. That's what I read and I felt it was super light when running it. I didn't have my trigger pull gauge the day I tried it out.

I ran 350 rounds through it over a 4 day training course and never really felt it was heavy / issues when running stages.

Thanks for the info! Can I ask what trigger you are running with it and if it's been timed? Thank you

Hello - this is my first post in the Sniper's Hide forum after being a long time lurker. I am following this thread with great interest and wanted to see if people are still very happy with their Zeus after (hopefully) folks could get some range time with them. Can anyone share their results with Zeus?

Also as a second question has anyone had any experience with the MDT LSS Gen2 either in normal or XL configuration? I know that this is not the usual chassis used but it seems like it could be a compramise to use at the range as well as for hunting with a switch barrel in the Zeus. Any inputs on this question from someone who has tried this chassis?

I've had my zeus for a few months now and have about 600 rounds through it. I'm super happy with it. Haven't had any issues. If you listen to Frank's podcast about an action is an action then I'd start thinking... BigHorn Origin for $825 vs a Zeus for $1300, make sure you know why you want to get a Zeus. 3-lug important to you? Is quick-change important to you?

Me personally I wanted a quick change system so I could swap barrels at a range or at a multi day training class away from home. So it was the only reliable system that could do that w/o paying for an AI. I swapped from 308 to 6GT in a class and resumed the class w/o any issues.

I’m super happy with my Helios. I built a 300WM on one of the first ones Joel made, and I like everything about it. I prefer 3-lug actions, I like the pinned rail interface and threaded trigger pins, and it went together easy and shoots like a laser. Plus I like Joel.
image.jpg