• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terrapin.... will be..

No pictures yet - still awaiting my unit from Ashbury.

RaptorFuel;30Anyone know when EuroOptic will get a shipment of terrapins in? I back ordered one in January. Last I heard was early march.[/QUOTE said:
I ordered mine this afternoon and I think I got the last one they had. I was pretty worried that I had waited to long and would miss out.

What cases are you guys using for the Terrapins?

I ordered mine this afternoon and I think I got the last one they had. I was pretty worried that I had waited to long and would miss out.

What cases are you guys using for the Terrapins?

I'm using the black soft shell that came with it. Even has room for extra batteries. I purchased a small pelican for it as well, just haven't decided which case I want to use.

A little over a decade ago I bought a Fish Pond Back Pack w/a Front Chest two storage compartment (one is slightly larger and both are separated compartments with individual zippers that has carried my Swarovski SLC 7x42 Binoculars and my laser rangefinder in the front half. It's been all over East Africa, Zimbabwe, Alaska, the Rocky Mountains, Labrador, Newfoundland, as well as a tactical match. Works great, it's always in front for easy access and I never have to take my Backpack off the fetch my binoculars or my Tarrapin. It came with extra buckles that I have attached to another full size hiking back pack.

Wow, I'm so glad I bought one of these last year. Actually, the Canadian company I bought it from was nice enough to include a 4000 series Kestrel for free with the purchase...... Ya Babe!

Does anybody make a rubber cover for the terrapin like the PLRF-10 has? I've been thinking about spraying plasti-dip on it but if theres some sort of cover I would rather go that route.

Does anybody make a rubber cover for the terrapin like the PLRF-10 has? I've been thinking about spraying plasti-dip on it but if theres some sort of cover I would rather go that route.

There is no rubber armor avaliably for them. The plast dip is probably a good route though. should just peal off if you dont want it on there any more.

I received mine today and what a sweet unit. If you are remotely on the fence and can swing one of these, jump and jump fast. You will not be disappointed.

I was at my boys wrestling tournament and didn't get home until late and llike a little kid I couldn't wait to check it out. I stood on the front porch and ranged some oil storage tanks at 2781 1st try at night. Something my Swaro couldn't do in the best of conditions.

I received mine today and what a sweet unit. If you are remotely on the fence and can swing one of these, jump and jump fast. You will not be disappointed.

I was at my boys wrestling tournament and didn't get home until late and llike a little kid I couldn't wait to check it out. I stood on the front porch and ranged some oil storage tanks at 2781 1st try at night. Something my Swaro couldn't do in the best of conditions.

Same. Just ranged a stand of trees at 1472 yds and another at 1535 yds in a steady rain. Amazing.

Last edited:
I just heard from the US distributor that the 10, 10C, 15, 15C are all going away, followed closely by the Terrapins (a few months later). The explanation I got was the margins on these (including the Terrapin) are just too low to be able to make enough profit on. If this is really the case - then maybe Vectronix is just re-focusing on their military sales and systems rather than the lower end (the 25C is still going to be kept on)...

If it is really a problem making enough profit at the price point - there may not be a replacement.

Just called before I read this post and got basically the same story.

My Ziess PRF was a decent LRF but the Terrapin CRUSHES it. I would HIGHLY recommend getting one of these before they go away. Ranged 4 wheeler at 1948 yards offhand (elbows on the hood) ... amazing piece of kit.

I put in an order for one. Working part time and charging it to a credit card is a bad business and financial practice, but a bit in interest versus the next higher up unit at $5000 makes it worth it to me. If a few months later a bigger better unit comes along at the same price, I will have shot myself in the foot.

I put in an order for one. Working part time and charging it to a credit card is a bad business and financial practice, but a bit in interest versus the next higher up unit at $5000 makes it worth it to me. If a few months later a bigger better unit comes along at the same price, I will have shot myself in the foot.
Dont worry not going to happen. You got yourself a unit that will last a lifetime and out range most common shooting systems

i wouldnt worry, thats why they are discontinuing it, it was robbing sales from the more expensive units. anything new will be either less performance or more money for something with more features. terrapins are a great value for sure.

was out by the water this afternoon and decided to bring the range finder along:

1ebe5cf7970cab4e8ce2d9ffd2c719b2.jpg

bd624bdb93c0a2a024791336aa673e2d.jpg

Free hand and hitting just the top of the light house, i could see it clearly, just hard to get the iphone lined up and focused, not bad for half the weight and size of a vector:

9acd03df2f134e7403aef5f2a07a2969.jpg

how is the padding on the MR. is it sill soft sided or are the sides hard. for the cost of a terrapin, i dont know that I want a soft side unless it's super padded

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I was looking at something like a hard case for mine. I don't know how many times I have broken things in soft pouches. I definitely don't want to land on this wrong while running around in the woods or something and have my terrapin get crushed. I just wonder if this case from Tactical Tailor would be large enough?
Universal Hard Case 100

I was looking at something like a hard case for mine. I don't know how many times I have broken things in soft pouches. I definitely don't want to land on this wrong while running around in the woods or something and have my terrapin get crushed. I just wonder if this case from Tactical Tailor would be large enough?
Universal Hard Case 100

Yes, the TT case should fit no problem. The Terrapin is right at 5"x4"x2" with the eye cup folded. That is a good option, you will even have room for a little added padding inside.

What Pelican model is that-- my guess is an 1120 (7.25 x 4.75 x 3.06 inside dimensions)?

I have some PLRF10 rangefinders inbound if anyone is interested.

I recently purchased a Terrapin from APO. They asked If I could post my thank you letter on their facebook page and I told them I don't have fb. So I'll post it here.

To the Ashbury Group and Michelle Pitts

I would like to take the time to acknowledge the exceptional service I received when doing business with your company over the past few weeks. I made the move to purchase a Vectronix Terrapin because they are being discontinued. I was very surprised with the flexibility in which Michelle was willing to work with me in order to make this rather large purchase as easy as possible for me. She went out of her way to keep me updated and on top of the situation as the event progressed, and progress it did. I was absolutely astonished when I received the email about the PLRF-10 upgrade offer for military and law enforcement. This bestowed an opportunity for me that would only be possible through Ashbury's dedication to providing top notch gear and top notch service. I thank you sincerely, you have a customer for life.

Best regards to Michelle and the Ashbury Team
-Matthew Carter-

A pic for good measure. (No pun intended)

What Pelican model is that-- my guess is an 1120 (7.25 x 4.75 x 3.06 inside dimensions)?

That is the 1120, I have one in OD green. The newer ones have just a little bit of padding in the bottom and on the lid. With the Terrapin in its case, it does fit very well.

What is this "upgrade offer"? First I have heard of it.

I recently purchased a Terrapin from APO. They asked If I could post my thank you letter on their facebook page and I told them I don't have fb. So I'll post it here.

To the Ashbury Group and Michelle Pitts

I would like to take the time to acknowledge the exceptional service I received when doing business with your company over the past few weeks. I made the move to purchase a Vectronix Terrapin because they are being discontinued. I was very surprised with the flexibility in which Michelle was willing to work with me in order to make this rather large purchase as easy as possible for me. She went out of her way to keep me updated and on top of the situation as the event progressed, and progress it did. I was absolutely astonished when I received the email about the PLRF-10 upgrade offer for military and law enforcement. This bestowed an opportunity for me that would only be possible through Ashbury's dedication to providing top notch gear and top notch service. I thank you sincerely, you have a customer for life.

Best regards to Michelle and the Ashbury Team
-Matthew Carter-

A pic for good measure. (No pun intended)

Apparently there was a huge rush for Terrapins because of the announcement. I placed an order but had it held for a month because I was going to a shoot in Oklahoma. During that time it seems like there were more orders placed than actual terrapins available, so APO made good on their end by offering me a PLRF-10 for the price of the Terrapin. I'm not sure if I"m the only one that received this offer but I could of never justified 3600$ for the PLRF-10. For me it was a once in a life time chance. Thanks again APO.

Here's the email from APO.

Greetings Matthew,

Thank you for your recent order of a Vectronix Terrapin laser range finder. Based on a extremely large volume of orders, Ashbury is making contact with select law enforcement and military customers purchasing Vectronix laser range finders, to inquire about your interest in a NO COST product upgrade from the Terrapin to a higher performance PLRF-10. PLRF-10’s are in production and readily available.

We are exploring this option based on a large number of orders for the Terrapin laser range finder which will no longer be manufactured. We here at Ashbury Precision Ordnance wanted to find a unique way to thank you for your service to our country by offering you this opportunity. Details are not yet final and your Terrapin order is in process, however if you are interested in receiving this upgrade please respond back to me in writing via email no later than March 13, 2014.

Regards,

Michelle Pitts

Customer Service & Inside Sales Team
Ashbury Precision Ordnance Mfg
a division of Ashbury International Group Inc.

Last edited:
Now I can buy an APO chassis with all the money I saved! ( = Just have to get a few things done around the house to keep the wife happy if you know what I mean!