• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terrapin X works with Strelok Pro and Garmin Foretrex

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Quietly The Terrapin X has been receiving updates and adding connections to your popular Apps,

We are happy to announce that the TERRAPIN X laser rangefinder now connects via Bluetooth to the Strelok Pro ballistic app available for Android and iOS. When connected to the Strelok Pro app, the TERRAPIN X transmits the measured distance, azimuth and inclination to the app.

Based on this data, Strelok Pro calculates accurate firing solutions. Strelok Pro delivers field-proven accuracy since 2007. Its sophisticated algorithm can calculate spin drift, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic stability factor and vertical deflection of crosswind. Strelok Pro is updated frequently to add new cartridges, bullets and rifle scope reticles to its extensive database.

In order to connect to the Strelok Pro ballistic app your TERRAPIN X needs to be running on the latest firmware version. Detailed instructions on how to update your TERRAPIN X to the latest firmware version can be found in the download section of our website.

Detailed instructions on how to connect the TERRAPIN X to the Strelok Pro ballistic app you will find below or in the download section of our website.

Further information on the Strelok Pro ballistic app is available on the Website of Igor Borisov: (www.borisov.mobi/StrelokPro/ios/default.asp)

It also connects to other apps like the Hornady Systems

If you have not checked out the latest Updates, head over to the Terrapin X news link on their site

https://www.terrapin-x.com/download/2586/

Not the most technical guy here but I can't get the Streloc Pro to get data from the Terrapin. It says its connected & I updated everything to the latest version but it just doesn't work. What am I missing? It connects to the Terrapin X app & works with that. Just doesn't update range, etc on Streloc Pro.
    Thanks.

Reactions: BikerRider98
    Not the most technical guy here but I can't get the Streloc Pro to get data from the Terrapin. It says its connected & I updated everything to the latest version but it just doesn't work. What am I missing? It connects to the Terrapin X app & works with that. Just doesn't update range, etc on Streloc Pro.
    Thanks.
    You need to go into the Terrapin X Bluetooth menue and select TDH - then it works.
    Push ones the Terrapin X to switch it on.

Push 3x fast times to get into connectivity menue

Push 1x to scroll through the menue until you see TDH (tdH)

Confirm TDH by another 3x clicks

It’s not really clear to me, but it seems like the Terrapin X has a lot of the functionality of the PLRF series that the original Terrapin lacks (digital magnetic compass and BT), and can pass data to apps? I loved the rare chances I got to use a PLRF-10C plugged into FFS - defining targets in the app was as simple as point and click. With the original Terrapin you obviously couldn’t do this, so I’d GPS all my targets then the FFP, or use a Kestral for direction and plug it in by hand.

with Terrapin X can you build targets in FFS via Bluetooth?

Ok. I get it now. Have to switch the Terrapin between the app & the other thing. Works now. ;)
    Thanks!

It’s not really clear to me, but it seems like the Terrapin X has a lot of the functionality of the PLRF series that the original Terrapin lacks (digital magnetic compass and BT), and can pass data to apps? I loved the rare chances I got to use a PLRF-10C plugged into FFS - defining targets in the app was as simple as point and click. With the original Terrapin you obviously couldn’t do this, so I’d GPS all my targets then the FFP, or use a Kestral for direction and plug it in by hand.

with Terrapin X can you build targets in FFS via Bluetooth?
    Terrapin X has internal compass and transfer via Bluetooth: distance, slope angle and target azimuth

I would be thrilled to have the Terrapin link with FFS. But I'm still using Delta3 so I'm sure I'll have to upgrade if Blain gets it to work.

Well, if anyone from Vectronix would bother to get back to me with connection and data protocols, I'd have it working. Alas, I've been ignored despite numerous attempts to get the info. If anyone has an in there, let them know I'm still waiting.

Reactions: Dogtown
    Well, if anyone from Vectronix would bother to get back to me with connection and data protocols, I'd have it working. Alas, I've been ignored despite numerous attempts to get the info. If anyone has an in there, let them know I'm still waiting.

Hello Cory,
    write me an email.

[email protected] an please include your serial number.

Best wishes,
    Philip

Wonder how it stacks up against the leica 3500.com these days

Had them both. Leica returned range faster than terrapin. But for me, terrapin was easier to hit on the first shot. I also prefer the speed of the terrapin going into scan mode for small targets at distance.

BT connection to kestrel was mediocre at best for both of them.

Is it official yet, that the Terrapin X connects to the Revic scope?