• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

My other little friend.

8C0YkRA.jpg

Retired IFBB pro Women’s Physique. Still trains and takes care of herself well! I’ll pass along the compliment.

Another lightweight AR' carbine. 14.5" Noveske HFCL "Skinny" 20.5 ounce barrel, with feed ramps contoured and polished. SF WarComp pinned and welded by Matt McLearn. SLR adjustable gas block for those who don't like their guns over-gassed, especially when suppressed. SanTan STT-15 Ambi billet receiver set. JP FMOS bolt carrier group, all nicely DLC coated, with bolt fitted up at the optimum 1.4666". Geissele Super Charging Handle. TriggerTech Competition 3.5 LB trigger. Vltor A5 recoil system. BCM 13.5" KMR forend. MFT lightweight buttstock. Magpul SLR pistol grip and magazine. V Seven titanium parts throughout. 5LB 10 OZ.
IMG_8768.jpeg
IMG_8769.jpg
IMG_8770.jpg
IMG_8771.jpeg
IMG_8772.jpg
IMG_8773.jpeg
IMG_8774.jpeg
IMG_8766.jpeg
IMG_8775.jpeg
MSTN logo-lg.jpg

Just added a loaner scope off of my Ruger #1. This is a 6.5 Grendel off of an Aero builders set with Wilson Combat barrel, BCG, block, and brake. Lower parts are all Aero except for the Larue MBT-2S.
20200512_162509.jpg

Found a sweet deal on a Bushnell LRTS, but the FedEx subcontractor liked it more apparently. Playing the fun games with their claim receipt as well as with a non-responding vendor for the last two weeks has been a real treat. Scope for now is my old trusty Sightron SIII 6-24x. It's missing a lot of bells and whistles by today's standards, but it tracks well and the glass is still pretty good.

Will function test it next week.

Reactions: SDBguy95
I’m interested in building aar -15 but not really confident in my knowledge .. I’m look for any advice to lead me in the right direction

@Langford

What is the purpose of mixing and matching light parts? I’ve got a SF M600DF and just want to know what the pros and cons of your light build would be compared to an all factory unit.

The Reptilia body has an integrated MLOK mount, which keeps it nice and tight against the handguard. The Modlite heads are on another level compared to anything else on the market...the light output is insane on them (the PLHv2 head has 1350 lumens and 54,000 candela). The tailcap that I want has a click on/off button, but also the plug to allow me to run a remote switch.

I could have bought a complete Modlite PLHv2, but I’d have to add a mount, and get a different tailcap for the dual remote switch and push button control. Building it with separate components just allows you to get exactly what you want.

The modlite heads outperform Surefire by an insane margin. The Reptilia body removes a mounting point and screws and sharp edges. I have three. I’d have four but I used a modlite with an Arisaka Mount to fit under a MAWL on number 4.

Reactions: Langford
Pieced this together over the last few months. Assembled Friday after picking up the receivers from my Cerakote guy.

13340F30-0CA3-488D-9699-058C9A707374.jpeg

Billet set from Fire4Effect in TX, Nordic 18” 1:8 416 barrel, CMT rail. Rise RA140 trigger, and a Gen 1 Viper PST 4-16 up top in an ADM mount. Hopefully making a range run later this week for zero and test run.

thumbnail_IMG_20200519_203301.jpg

450 Bushmaster
Lane 458 silencer
Fab defense stock and forward grip mag carriers and bipod

Updated SPR.

Updated SPR.jpg

So, from the last time I posted this I've replaced the upper and lower receivers, new stock, new barrel, new bipod, and that's it I think.

Upper Receiver:
Vltor MUR
BCM KMRA-13
White Oak 18" SPR, RL Gas, 1:7 Twist
PRI QC Brake
Aero Precision Low Pro Gas Block
BCM Gas Tube
BCM BCG
Radian Ambi Charging Handle
BCM Pic Rails, Rail Covers, and Sling Mounts

Lower Receiver:
Aero Precision Gen II Lower
SOLGW LPK
Geissele SSA-E
Ergo Deluxe Grip
Magpul MOE Triggerguard
BCM Intermediate RE
Vltor A5 Buffer and Spring
BCM Mod 1 SOPMOD

Optic:
NF ATACR 4-16X42
NF Unimount

It shoots pretty good too, I did a test with three different kinds of match ammo and the average out of seven 5-shot groups was .98"

Updated SPR Groups.jpg

Updated SPR.

View attachment 7332627

So, from the last time I posted this I've replaced the upper and lower receivers, new stock, new barrel, new bipod, and that's it I think.

Upper Receiver:
Vltor MUR
BCM KMRA-13
White Oak 18" SPR, RL Gas, 1:7 Twist
PRI QC Brake
Aero Precision Low Pro Gas Block
BCM Gas Tube
BCM BCG
Radian Ambi Charging Handle
BCM Pic Rails, Rail Covers, and Sling Mounts

Lower Receiver:
Aero Precision Gen II Lower
SOLGW LPK
Geissele SSA-E
Ergo Deluxe Grip
Magpul MOE Triggerguard
BCM Intermediate RE
Vltor A5 Buffer and Spring
BCM Mod 1 SOPMOD

Optic:
NF ATACR 4-16X42
NF Unimount

It shoots pretty good too, I did a test with three different kinds of match ammo and the average out of seven 5-shot groups was .98"

View attachment 7332628

That new Mod 1 Sopmod...how snug is the fit? Any rattle/movement?

It's more snug than the Vltor E-Mod i had on there before. There's a little forward and backward movement but nothing really side to side, pretty solid for a simple lock up. It also feels considerably lighter.

Reactions: JS8588
It's more snug than the Vltor E-Mod i had on there before. There's a little forward and backward movement but nothing really side to side, pretty solid for a simple lock up. It also feels considerably lighter.

With the exception of a pistol build, I always go with fixed stocks. I'm really trying to warm up to the idea of an adjustable, hence the inquiry. Thank you.

There's a lot of advantages to an adjustable stock and few downsides when you buy a good quality piece. I like the Mod 1 SOPMOD for that big clubfoot, it's wide at the bottom so it works really well with a rear bag and the front of the clubfoot is textured so it's pretty grippy on a bag too. I just got this one so I haven't had it out to the range yet, just messing around in the backyard but so far I love it.

New build, almost complete...just need a light, sling and can cover.

@Langford: Nice looking blaster. I have seen quite a few builds using the Reptilia CQG grip recently.

Do you have any feedback on how it compares to popular grips like the BCM Mod 1 or Magpul K2?

Thanks.

The Reptilia grip is as stout as anything, it just matters if it fits your hand at that point. They make good stuff.

The Reptilia grip is as stout as anything, it just matters if it fits your hand at that point. They make good stuff.

I have no doubt about that. I was more looking for feedback on the ergonomics.

Is it rounded off like the BCM? Or more squared off like the Magpul? More or less vertical? Etc.

My Recce

Recce Profile.jpg

Recce.jpg

BCM M4 Upper, KMR-A-13, Rail Covers, Sling Mounts, and Pic Rail
CMT BCG and Toolcraft Bolt
CMMG Gas Tube and MI LP Gas Block
WOA 16" ML 1:7 Twist
Griffin Tactical Comp
RRA Lower and LPK
Geissele SSA-E
Sierra Precision Grip
Vltor E-MOD
NF 2.5-10X24 and NF Unimount
Magpul Pro Offsets

This set up doesn't have very many rounds through it as my SPR but it shoots fairly well, it likes BH 77 OTM and it's ok with Razor Core 77 OTM but that might improve some. Average accuracy for eight 5-shot groups between the two was 1.06". One group isn't shown, it was shot on another target but it was right at 1.0".

recce groups.jpg

@Langford: Nice looking blaster. I have seen quite a few builds using the Reptilia CQG grip recently.

Do you have any feedback on how it compares to popular grips like the BCM Mod 1 or Magpul K2?

Thanks.
I don’t have any experience with the BCM or Magpul to compare it against...sorry.
The Reptilia is a little smaller than what I was used to with the Ergo grips that I used to use, but I like it...still fits my hand well. The grip is definitely more vertical, but it actually feels more natural to me. The only thing I wish it had was a bottom plate to make it a storage compartment like many other grips have now. I always carried spare ear plugs in the grip.

Reactions: ramblr72
Q Sugar Weasel Pistol with Sig Romeo 5 and Whistle Tip for now I have a Trash Panda in jail so now the long wait to get the tax stamp to complete the build.

DFCECDDA-D0F8-4295-89F2-A23EB939CE66.jpeg

628EBA65-FF9B-4FE6-AFAE-ECEC29174CAF.jpeg

Red Dots

Attachments

• thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg
    thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 157
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail copia 28.jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail copia 28.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 171
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail-4 copia 11.jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail-4 copia 11.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 156
1591087571648.png

my snipurr and his homebuilt AR15

PSA lower w Geissele SD-E, VLTOR A5H2 and magpul ACS-L
VLTOR MUR with Wilson Combat 556 SPR barrel, 18in with rifle gas
Larue LT15-12in with Larue Harris BRM-S
PRI gas block, Griffin Recce-7 and brake
NF 4-16 ATACR Mil C in ADM mount, KAC rear BUIS

This .300 Blackout pistol is I believe my best effort yet. It's more than just a really nice custom, built with the finest components available anywhere. Being a pistol, it can ride around, in all Free States, right next to you. It is one heck of a lot of horsepower in a compact package. With Barnes 110 grain TTSX marching out the muzzle at 2240 fps, it tops anything else in this size range.

The parts: SanTan STT-15L billet receiver set; V Seven 10.25" SS barrel and gas block, coated Black, with the only .30 caliber feed ramp barrel extension in the world (All the rest of the .300 BLK barrels out there of which I am aware have too-small .223 feed ramps.); Geissele Mk 14 9.5" rail with VZ G10 rail panels and hand stop; Surefire 7.62 WarComp; Geissele charging handle; JP FMOS bolt carrier group; LAW tactical folder; Geared Works Mod 2 pistol brace; Geissele Super 42/H1 recoil system; TriggerTech 3.5 LB Competition trigger; V7 small parts; Aimpoint T-2 in Aimpoint 1.535" mount. The LAW folder adds folding capability, obviously, plus 10.5 ounces, bringing the weight of the bare gun up to a still handy 6 LB 9 OZ.

IMG_8780.jpeg
IMG_8781.jpeg
IMG_8782.jpeg
IMG_8785.jpeg
IMG_8786.jpeg
IMG_8788.jpeg
IMG_8789.jpeg
IMG_8668.jpeg

This .300 Blackout pistol is I believe my best effort yet. It's more than just a really nice custom, built with the finest components available anywhere. Being a pistol, it can ride around, in all Free States, right next to you. It is one heck of a lot of horsepower in a compact package. With Barnes 110 grain TTSX marching out the muzzle at 2240 fps, it tops anything else in this size range.

The parts: SanTan STT-15L billet receiver set; V Seven 10.25" SS barrel and gas block, coated Black, with the only .30 caliber feed ramp barrel extension in the world (All the rest of the .300 BLK barrels out there of which I am aware have too-small .223 feed ramps.); Geissele Mk 14 9.5" rail with VZ G10 rail panels and hand stop; Surefire 7.62 WarComp; Geissele charging handle; JP FMOS bolt carrier group; LAW tactical folder; Geared Works Mod 2 pistol brace; Geissele Super 42/H1 recoil system; TriggerTech 3.5 LB Competition trigger; V7 small parts; Aimpoint T-2 in Aimpoint 1.535" mount. The LAW folder adds folding capability, obviously, plus 10.5 ounces, bringing the weight of the bare gun up to a still handy 6 LB 9 OZ.

View attachment 7342005View attachment 7342006View attachment 7342007View attachment 7342009View attachment 7342010View attachment 7342012View attachment 7342013View attachment 7342014
Very nice. Nice and compact!!

Reactions: MSTN
My SR15 upper seems to love 62gr ammo. I shot my first sub-moa group with it on that target to the right- .830". The other groups were shot while walking in my zero but are around 1.1-1.2". Groups were shot at 100yds using support.

I'm really impressed with the Winchester 62gr OTM that was made in Sweden. It out shoots Magtech 77gr in my rifle.

MVIMG_20200530_200437.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette