• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

Is this the new Geissele URG-I upper? How do you like it?

It's decent. I haven't had it run through a class yet, that will be the real test. I got it on sale and for the price it's okay. Geissele has gone shit crazy with pricing. I don't know if it has to do with the current social situation, but damn they want a lot for their shit now. The URG-I uppers sell for $1250 for the near clone, if you can find one. At that price you're getting into the LMT price range. If you can wait until after the election maybe the prices will go down.If not get a LMT upper.

Not a normal AR' pistol: BAD PDW pistol lower complete with Gearhead Works Mod 1 brace; Trigger Tech 3.5 LB Competition trigger; BAD push pins and extended safety; V7 ambi short throw safety and S7 Bolt Catch; BAD 556-LW billet upper; V Seven 10.5" .223 SS fluted barrel,1x7 twist, coated Black; Lancer carbon fiber forend, to match the carbon fiber cheekpiece of the BAD PDW lower; ; B.E. Meyers flash suppressor, Ionbonfd DC coated; Geissele Airborne SCH; Young MFG hard chromed centerless ground bolt carrier with JP DLC coated Enhanced Bolt. You'll never see one quite like this again.

IMG_9031.jpeg
IMG_9032.jpeg
IMG_9033.jpeg
IMG_9034.jpeg
IMG_9035.jpeg
IMG_9036.jpeg
IMG_9037.jpeg
IMG_9039.jpeg
IMG_9040.jpeg

New .300 Blackout PDW format blaster! Aero Precision M4E1 upper/lower; V Seven 8.25" barrel SS barrel coated Black; BCM MCMR 8" rail; V Seven Helios titanium muzzle device, Ionbond DLC coated; BCM 3B Gunfighter charging handle; LMT full auto bolt carrier group; DHD magazine release, push pins, short throw safety, plus receiver end plate and nut; Geissele Maritime bolt release; LaRue MBT trigger; Magpul SLR pistol grip; LAW folder; Gearhead Works Mod 2 pistol brace; H buffer with V Seven teflon coated recoil spring; Lancer translucent smoke color 30-RD magazine.

IMG_9045.jpeg
IMG_9047.jpeg
IMG_9050.jpeg
IMG_9051.jpeg
IMG_9052.jpeg
IMG_9053.jpeg
IMG_9054.jpeg
IMG_9055.jpeg
IMG_9056.jpeg
MSTN logo-lg.jpg

Here is my 16 inch ARP barreled 6.8 spc. I usually run my Socom 2 on it was on another rifle when I was shooting this one on this particular day.
IMG_8632.jpg

This was my first AR build. 20" Wilson Combat Super Sniper fluted heavy .223 Wylde barrel. DD Upper, BCG, and handguard. Juggernaut Tactical billet lower, Larue MBT, Magpul grip, MFT stock, and MI barrier brace. MI QD scope mount, Leupold VX5HD 2-10 x 44 scope, and Magpul MBUS Pro flip up sights. Small parts kit was Seekins, and it has KNS anti walk pins. She is a fantastic shooter.
LR AR.jpg

10.3" 5.56 BA Hanson w/Aimpoint H-2
16" 6.5 Grendel rifle gas Criterion w/Trijicon Credo 2-10x
Got a Rugged Razor in there I use for both guns

E4FB5D21-4D86-432F-8D50-4543376E9576.jpeg

Reactions: TheChief
New 6.5 Grendel package with 18" Proof Research CFW barrel. Battle Arms BAD 556-LW receiver set and 14" RigidRail; SLR adjustable gas block; V Seven titanium madness - Furion Brake, push pins, 57 degree safety, fire control pins, receiver end plate, tube nut, buffer stop, magazine release, and grip screw; V Seven S7 tool steel bolt catch; Trigger Tech Adaptable Flat Trigger 2.5-5.0 LB, set at 2.5; Vltor A5 recoil system with A5-H1 buffer; Magpul SLR stock and pistol grip; E-Lander 6.5 G steel 17-RD magazine; This package got the very last JP Enhanced 6.5 Grendel bolt carrier group in the entire U.S., I believe. Can't find them ANYWHERE now that the 6mm ARC is becoming a reality.

IMG_9079.jpeg
IMG_9080.jpeg
IMG_9081.jpeg
IMG_9082.jpeg
IMG_9083.jpeg
MSTN logo-lg.jpg

Hello ... I am from Poland and I would like to buy parts for the Ar15 rifle from you in the US. I would like it to be a long range rifle. You can give me the list of parts that I need to use to build a very good and accurate rifle at 300-600 yards. Caliber is .223. It depends on a thick varmint barrel. I have a friend from Poland who lives in the US and he can buy it all for me and send it ... the point is that these parts fit together. Thanks for the help.

Franklin build I put together in 2013, it has seen a few changes over the years. Rock river lower, Black rain tigger, BCM upper/bcg, Balistic advantage barrel, seekins adjustable gas block, Primary Arms plx 1-8 ffp raptor, Yhm Resonator K, and BCM furniture.
21B2B9DB-8AF1-4AC6-94D1-1F504BCBE5E7.jpeg

Franklin build I put together in 2013, it has seen a few changes over the years. Rock river lower, Black rain tigger, BCM upper/bcg, Balistic advantage barrel, seekins adjustable gas block, Primary Arms plx 1-8 ffp raptor, Yhm Resonator K, and BCM furniture.
View attachment 7436722

How are you liking your resonator k? Absolutely love mine we're about to pick up a second as soon as one comes in stock or the turbo T2 has enough distance to blast baffle for plan A with flash comp or tactical comp for our 14.5"s

How are you liking your resonator k? Absolutely love mine we're about to pick up a second as soon as one comes in stock or the turbo T2 has enough distance to blast baffle for plan A with flash comp or tactical comp for our 14.5"s

I actually just picked it up from my dealer yesterday. I used it twice at the range while waiting for my stamp. I like the overall size and I am surprised with the sounds suppression. I would definitely buy/wait for another!

New Ultimate 16" Recce with Proof CFW barrel built for sale. Very similar to my own 16" Proof CFW Recce, so I have an idea of what to expect in terms of performance. The most important part of any rifle is the barrel. This barrel is the can't be beat - and it weighs just 27 ounces. Housed in my next-to-last available SanTan STT-15L billet receiver set. Geissele MK 14 rail. SLR adjustable gas block. My last Geissele SCH. My last JP FMOS bolt carrier group. Trigger Tech Adaptable set at 2.5 LB. Lotsa titanium from the great folks at V Seven - push pins, fire control pins, safety, mag release, receiver end plate and tube nut, buffer stop, grip screw, etc. Vltor A5 recoil system. Plastic by Magpul.

IMG_9088.jpeg
IMG_9089.jpeg

I need a better job...... that looks good @MSTN

Hello ... I am from Poland and I would like to buy parts for the Ar15 rifle from you in the US. I would like it to be a long range rifle. You can give me the list of parts that I need to use to build a very good and accurate rifle at 300-600 yards. Caliber is .223. It depends on a thick varmint barrel. I have a friend from Poland who lives in the US and he can buy it all for me and send it ... the point is that these parts fit together. Thanks for the help.

Ha!
all of em fit together. Some just require “fitting”

i know some hunting rifles exist in Poland, but firearms are not widespread if my memory serves?

Very nice! Did you get it from Brownells or..?
Also, how well does it shoot, and how well is it gassed?

Love the URGI's. Very good choice on USASOC's part IMO for a well balanced multi purpose rifle... And DD makes some excellent shooting CHF barrels that hold up forever and a day. Seems to be somewhat of a consensus now that DD's CHF barrels are a bit more accurate than the previous gold standard FN's.

Last edited:
To me the Super Duty "feels" softer than my home brew 14.5" mid-length Seekins barrel with SA adjustable gas block and JP Silent Capture but it does seem like when I get the timer out that the splits are slightly faster with the home brew and when I pay attention to the reticle it seems like it moves less in the home brew too. I feel like the accuracy is a little better with the Seekins barrel as well. I like the Super Duty enough to maybe buy another one at the 35% off prices though. No complaints.

ETA: other people when they shoot both always say the super duty feels softer shooting than my home brews though
Very interesting. What would you attribute the softer feeling recoil impulse to? And do you think an adjustable GB on the super duty could possibly soften it even more? Which one weighs more home brew vs SD?

I'm not sure. The only thing I can think of is that I think Geissele used a slightly longer than mid-length gas system on the 16" barrels. I'm sure an AGB would soften it up even more but I got this one to have something I could leave completely factory that people couldn't give me shit up as a back like if one of my home brews goes down at a class or something lol

ETA: Home brew may weight slightly less but not more than a half a pound
All the cool cats and kittens rock Geissele

Sweet. How do you like it?

I dig it. Shoots great and the trigger is insane. One of the most well balanced guns I own even with the LPVO. Its very accurate with 75g hornady hpbt. Trying to get out to the 850 yard range to run it with some distance.

for the features it comes with I don’t think there are many better values out there and I admittedly spent more than I wanted, but you gotta pay to play.

Yanked the .224 Valkyrie barrel & bolt out of this gun and replaced with a Proof Research 18" CFW 6mm ARC barrel and appropriate bolt. First day out with Hornady 105 BTHP produced sub-MOA groups at 2689 FPS.

Anybody need a nice Bartlein 20" fluted Valkyrie barrel by Craddock Precision and JP Enhanced bolt? Shoots great but this new cartridge has me all lathered up.

IMG_9099.jpeg
IMG_9100.jpg
IMG_9101.jpeg
IMG_9102.jpeg

Last edited:
Yanked the .224 Valkyrie barrel & bolt out of this gun and replaced with a Proof Research 18" CFW barrel and appropriate bolt. First day out with Hornady 105 BTHP produced sub-MOA groups at 2689 FPS.

Anybody need a nice Bartlein 20" fluted Valkyrie barrel by Craddock Precision and JP Enhanced bolt? Shoots great but this new cartridge has me all lathered up.

View attachment 7438290View attachment 7438291View attachment 7438292View attachment 7438293
That thing is the sex.

Aero Precision upper and lower. Ballistic Advantage barrel. KAC trigger and handguard. Surefire suppressor. Night Force 2.5-10x24
Classy looking and to the point. I like it, looks mint. Shoot well? I've had good luck with BA, some other folks, not so much

Here's a recently completed AR' PDW "pistol" in 5.56 that turned out especially well....

Battle Arms Development (aka "BAD") 556-LW receiver set and 9" RigidRail; V Seven insanely gorgeous fluted SS barrel; Dead Air flash suppressor; Geissele Super Charging Handle; Young MFG M-16 slick bolt carrier, hard chromed and then Ionbond DLC coated, with JP Enhanced Bolt - also DLC coated; Trigger Tech Competitive Trigger, 3.5 LB; Gearhead Works Mod 2 pistol brace with JP SCS H2 inside; all the small parts are aluminum alloy from V Seven; BAD pistol grip; Aimpoint T-2 in Geissele Absolute Co-Witness mount.

IMG_9103.jpeg

IMG_9104.jpeg

IMG_9105.jpeg

IMG_9106.jpeg

IMG_9107.jpeg

IMG_9108.jpeg

IMG_9109.jpeg

IMG_9110.jpg

Here's a recently completed AR' PDW "pistol" in 5.56 that turned out especially well....

Battle Arms Development (aka "BAD") 556-LW receiver set and 9" RigidRail; V Seven insanely gorgeous fluted SS barrel; Dead Air flash suppressor; Geissele Super Charging Handle; Young MFG M-16 slick bolt carrier, hard chromed and then Ionbond DLC coated, with JP Enhanced Bolt - also DLC coated; Trigger Tech Competitive Trigger, 3.5 LB; Gearhead Works Mod 2 pistol brace with JP SCS H2 inside; all the small parts are aluminum alloy from V Seven; BAD pistol grip; Aimpoint T-2 in Geissele Absolute Co-Witness mount.

IMG_9103.jpeg

IMG_9104.jpeg

IMG_9105.jpeg

IMG_9106.jpeg

IMG_9107.jpeg

IMG_9108.jpeg

IMG_9109.jpeg

IMG_9110.jpg
Is V7 making barrels in house themselves?

Here’s a money pit 6.5 Gendel I’ve been piecing together for about two years:

-Seekins SBA15 lower, IRMT-T upper, MCSRV2 15” Mlok rail
-20” Proof Research CF barrel
-Griffin Armament Paladin 300, Griffin Armament Ti Minimalist brake, FDE Coletac wrap
-SLR Sentry 8 Ti
-Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18 in a Warne Xskel mount
-JP VMOS heavy, H2 SCS, Ionbond bolt
-Geissele SD-E
-Radian Raptor SD in FDE
-Amend2 Mags cerakoted FDE and Magazine Blocks custom limiter to 5rd for hunting.
-All other plastic is Magpul FDE. UBR is Gen 1.
-Cerakote by Odin’s Workshop. Receivers and handguard are a medium brown (I just call it shit-brown), parts are FDE.

Just gotta get some ammo and see what she’ll do. I bedded the barrel w/Loctite 620, torqued everything with a recently calibrated torque wrench.

I have a second Seekins upper & lower receiver/hanguard set I had cerakoted the same color, at the same time, that will be an 18” .223 Wylde or 6ARC. Kinda waiting to see how the 6ARC teethes in the lighter weight bullets. It will be a dedicated coyote gun. The Grendel above will be a deer gun.

Attachments

• EDAD63AB-0A85-404F-866D-AAE74C0B5608.jpeg
    EDAD63AB-0A85-404F-866D-AAE74C0B5608.jpeg
    798.2 KB · Views: 170
  • ED2A6223-26BB-41FD-B8CD-DF07E953999A.jpeg
    ED2A6223-26BB-41FD-B8CD-DF07E953999A.jpeg
    968.4 KB · Views: 174
6.5 Grendel,
Faxon Heavy fluted match 20" barrel
BCA side charging upper
HK MR556 lower
Don't remember what trigger is it, something I got as a sample
Luth-AR stock, rifle length
Geissele super 42 recoil spring
Hand guard is a carbon fiber prototype
SureFire SOCOM brake
120960574_615672875767644_8143866754691137563_n.jpg

Best quality components always produce best quality results. These are all best quality parts: Battle Arms Development (aka "BAD") 556-LW billet receiver set combined with BAD-CSS-P VERT Pistol Brace System complete with Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 1.... no finer pistol brace in the world! Criterion Core 10.5" chrome lined barrel with Wylde chamber and SLR adjustable gas block. Feed ramps contoured and polished. Headspace checked with PTG gauges. BAD 9.5" RigidRail forend. Surefire 5.56 WarComp. Geissele Airborne Super Charging Handle. MSTN DLC coated bolt carrier group with Young Mfg. bolt carrier and JP enhanced bolt. TriggerTech 3.5 LB competitive trigger on V Seven titanium fire control pins. BAD EBC Enhanced Bolt Catch. BAD mag release with BAD extended magazine button. DHD DLC coated SS push pins and short throw safety. Magpul MOE K2 pistol grip and 30-RD magazine. Weight 5 LB 9 OZ.

View attachment 7388365View attachment 7388366View attachment 7388367View attachment 7388368View attachment 7388369View attachment 7388370View attachment 7388371View attachment 7388372View attachment 7388373
How is the tailhook fitted to this PDW stock? I have the same setup, in monolithic form and wonder how this is done. Also is that firearm considered a Pistol? or SBR LOP looks long for Pistol. Thank you

Nevermind. I see Battle arms makes a monolithic PDW with the tale hook installed. I want to convert mine over, probably no dice.

I was just looking at the adapter when you replied. Awesome thank you for the reply. Added bonus they are even instock.