• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Arken Optics Thread (merged)

Mine is from Ebay handle is arken optics place in texas.

I ordered directly from Arken. Spoke with them a few days ago, was told there were a few hang ups with production and they needed to get it all worked out. Expecting to start shipping next week. This is the message I got from Arken.

"We are expecting shipments of 100 to start arriving each week. Terribly sorry this is occurring, but that is the situation we find ourselves in. I understand any frustration you may have but I assure you it does not compare to ours. We are working hard to rectify the situation. We ran into some production issues and chose rather to fix the problem instead of sending out faulting products. I hope that you can appreciate that. Thank you for taking a chance on us. Please stick with us, we are doing our best."

I ordered directly from Arken. Spoke with them a few days ago, was told there were a few hang ups with production and they needed to get it all worked out. Expecting to start shipping next week. This is the message I got from Arken.

"We are expecting shipments of 100 to start arriving each week. Terribly sorry this is occurring, but that is the situation we find ourselves in. I understand any frustration you may have but I assure you it does not compare to ours. We are working hard to rectify the situation. We ran into some production issues and chose rather to fix the problem instead of sending out faulting products. I hope that you can appreciate that. Thank you for taking a chance on us. Please stick with us, we are doing our best."
Indeed. Thank you all for sharing. We hope and expect our customers to hold us accountable, and welcome it. The words above are mine and verified true. We are a new brand in a big pond, and as such we are dealing with the types of problems a new brand typically runs in to. Know that we value honesty and integrity. If our valued customer must wait to get the product we stand behind, then they simply must wait. Obviously this is not ideal but we would rather slow things down and get it right, vs trash our reputation by making sales and flooding the market with crap. That said, with even the most stringent QC measures, some always slip through the cracks. We hope that forums like this can bring any performance issues to light so that we may continue to improve. We simply ask that this is done without malice or an alternative agenda. We want to produce the best products possible within the framed target price point. We stand by our warranty, and look forward to a bright future. V/r Mike Reilly

Last edited:
Indeed. Thank you all for sharing. We hope and expect our customers to hold us accountable, and welcome it. The words above are mine and verified true. We are a new brand in a big pond, and as such we are dealing with the types of problems a new brand typically runs in to. Know that we value honesty and integrity. If our valued customer must wait to get the product we stand behind, then they simply must wait. Obviously this is not ideal but we would rather slow things down and get it right, vs trash our reputation by making sales and flooding the market with crap. That said, with even the most stringent QC measures, some always slip through the cracks. We hope that forums like this can bring any performance issues to light so that we may continue to improve. We simply ask that this is done without malice or an alternative agenda. We want to produce the best products possible within the framed target price point. We stand by our warranty, and look forward to a bright future. V/r Mike Reilly

I for one, appreciate your honesty and integrity. Also, the communication and updates with what is going on. I am looking forward to getting one of your optics in hand and hopefully help push your brand out there.
PeteB

Reactions: wb00757
I haven't heard anything in weeks, other than the post from arken reps in this thread.

To be fair, I did tell them on my last email "I would just wait for them to show up".

Scope shipped today from Arken... looking forward to checking this optic out! And I have a nice new 308 that needs and optic

Well I hope mine get sent soon.

EDIT*********************was told they are in the process...........thanks to all the guys at arken.

Last edited:
So I got mine today.......just some preliminary fingering for now.....

Hefty but not heavy
Cool anodized color
Big legible turrets.
Turrets line up on marked indicators
Everything that can rotate is fairly stiff elevation turret much more
Resistance than windage turret. Both are very tactile though.

Overall it's not a bad looking piece of equipment.

Another small test Tuesday morning×××××××××××××××××××××××××××-once again not a pro

Eucalyptus grove about 400 yards out my backdoor.

Weaver tactical 3-10×40
Swfa 10x rear focus
Arken 4-14×44.

All show good detailed view of leaves, trunks, branches. 10x for all 3 scopes
Arken has a wider field of view.

The arken gives me more detailed color separation, I could see butterflies in the trees with all three
With the arken again showing more color and detail.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, I am waiting on mine to show up. Havent heard any word on when mine may arrive yet.
[/QUOTE

Hopefully it shows up soon. Well I stated in an earlier post that the turrets and indicators line up thinking it had a splined erector shaft but they do not. They have a smooth shaft and use set screws to lock it in place. So they should always line up.

I went to the range to zero the scope and was about 3" high at 100 with the turret bottomed out. And then remembered the zero stop(DUH)!
Screwed the zero stop up a bit and
Found my zero.

I also mentioned the elevation turret being a little stiff on initial fingering. After running it up and down several times it is feeling much better.

Overall pretty pleased so far.

been looking at,to me,mid priced less expensive scopes. the arken 4-14,primary 4-14 and athlon talos btr 4-14. i know companies buy a lot of tubes from 1 vendor and have them built per their own specs,features,etc. anybody seen any of these side by side or have an impression of value/quality of them? the primary is cheapest by a small margin. the talos and primary have IR. all are or can be had FFP. only primary seems to offer moa and/or mil. to me that matters as i am done with mil. just in pics,these could pass as siblings. any thoughts or comments,info,ratings?

The body on the PA and arken appear to be same.
I don't own the 4-14 PA but I have felt the turrets
On it and the arken wins in (feel) to me.

Got my Arken last week, haven’t done any video of my light testing, but at first impression and first day of shooting I’m really impressed. Great glass, nice reticle, nice turrets, all around good looking scope. Mounted mine on a Ruger MPR 5.56 and after a brief and rough sight in I did a yardage adjustment and started ringing steel at 500 like it was nothing. They did take a bit to ship the first round of scopes out, but it was due to a couple minor production issues and I appreciate them getting it right before sending anything out. Love mine and will be outfitting more rifles in the future with Arken as well. Here’s a link to their sight if anyone needs.

Got my Arken Optic mounted this morning. Overall I am very pleased with the scope. Very durable, nice and clear glass. Turrets are stiff and precise. Mounted on my CMMG 308. Will get out and shoot this coming weekend. More review to follow.

Attachments

• 5AB1DFEB-EE3D-44EC-8337-4012320455CB.jpeg
    5AB1DFEB-EE3D-44EC-8337-4012320455CB.jpeg
    695.6 KB · Views: 374
  • 2A8652CC-135C-4519-AD72-46E73FE23994.jpeg
    2A8652CC-135C-4519-AD72-46E73FE23994.jpeg
    661.8 KB · Views: 344
  • 8047EB54-0D84-4BC4-A73B-273B43B7E2A6.jpeg
    8047EB54-0D84-4BC4-A73B-273B43B7E2A6.jpeg
    563 KB · Views: 328
  • 457318C7-E93F-4130-9935-676496F09EC7.jpeg
    457318C7-E93F-4130-9935-676496F09EC7.jpeg
    512.7 KB · Views: 300
Mine showed up Tuesday. I just mounted up and zeroed it today. Like stated above had to back off the zero stop as mine had to come down a ways. It is more clear then my SWFA scope. Only thing I am unhappy about is the parallax nob turns hard on mine, especially in the middle. Not sure if its just mine or if anyone else is having the same issue. Also didnt receive the free data cards that are supposed to come with it.

I'll put some time on it see if it loosens up any. Its really stiff in the middle and looser on both ends of the adjustment. I sent them an email letting them know.

Hows the tracking guys?! Im in the market for a sub 400 dollar scope and this looks like it would fit most of my needs....If it tracks
as repeatably as a SWFA 10x and has as good warranty then im in.

Also any idea on when other models come out? sneak peek?

I just used it for the first time yesterday so I dont have really any time on it but overall i think it is going to be a good piece. It is replacing my swfa 10x, i can say the optics are clearer then the swfa. The warranty is good, check out their website.

Just a short update on my experience with the Arken this weekend. Used the Arken this weekend on a 300 win mag. Went from 540 to 930 yards back and forth several times and seemed to be accurate after each change, was always able to hit the steel after each change. So far very happy other then the stiff parallax adjustment. Arken did respond to my email and told me to keep them updated on if the parallax loosens up.

Reactions: GLD1980
Glad to see product is shipping out, had great luck with mine as have my customers.. if you’d like to chat about this optic Pm me..

I cancelled my 3-18 Optika 6 order because I am impatient and ordered an Arken when I saw they were in stock. The scope was going on a hunting/ informal steel 6.5CM and it looks like its going to be a good fit. Fairly lightweight for what it is, reticle is useable at 4X, and the glass appears to me to be light years of the earlier gen 4-14 scopes on the market, PA, BSA, etc in just about every aspect.

The turret is honestly incredible, not just "good for the money". Super tactile, audible, spaced far enough apart you aren't going to overrun it. Just all around really impressive.

There are a couple of things that I would change. The finish on the knobs and mag ring have a slick feel. The knurling is decent, the finish just seems too smooth. Also, I wish the reference mark on the mag ring was white or any other color than the rest of the ring. To be honest I had a hard time finding it when I first took it out of the box.

Hopefully I can get out in the next weeks to see how it tracks and play with the zero stop.

Nick

Sounds good. Looking forward to receiving mine. Cheers!

I am trying to obtain some dimension data of this scope. Sent them email, not response over a week. Called four days in a row. Nobody answered. I am really not confident on their life time warranty. Who to contact for warranty?

The length of the 30mm main tube, basically before and after the turrets. Want to know whether this scope can mounted on a Steyr Scout 308

Bell to bell is 5.9"
Turret housing to Objective bell is right at 2"
Turret housing to Ocular bell is also right at 2"

Those measurements at just the 30mm portion to the edge of any flares of the bells.
I hope that helps.

Bell to bell is 5.9"
Turret housing to Objective bell is right at 2"
Turret housing to Ocular bell is also right at 2"

Those measurements at just the 30mm portion to the edge of any flares of the bells.
I hope that helps.

Great info. Thanks a lot.

Did anyone try to contact Arken? They ever replied?

No response to my Sep 14 message yet. If the lifetime warranty request would work like this way, I am really hesitated to buy this product.

Took a week to get response from emails for me. Its been working great for me on my 300wm. I really like the clarity of the optic also, better the others in the same price range. For the price how can you really go wrong?

I have emailed directly with arken several times. They have reps/owners on here. Look through this thread you should be able to get in touch with them.

Did anyone try to contact Arken? They ever replied?

No response to my Sep 14 message yet. If the lifetime warranty request would work like this way, I am really hesitated to buy this product.
My apologies for missing your email. We try to respond within 24 hrs. Things have been hectic as we prepare to launch our next model. We definitely stand behind our products 100%. You can also text or call anytime (469) 609-1968. Thank you for taking the time to share. Thank you ALL for the interest and giving us an opportunity to do what we love. www.arkenopticsusa.com email at [email protected]

My apologies for missing your email. We try to respond within 24 hrs. Things have been hectic as we prepare to launch our next model. We definitely stand behind our products 100%. You can also text or call anytime (469) 609-1968. Thank you for taking the time to share. Thank you ALL for the interest and giving us an opportunity to do what we love. www.arkenopticsusa.com email at [email protected]

What’s the new model?

We will be releasing our new EP4 (6-24X50) by the end of next month. I realize that some of you may have heard this before. I mention this only to get ahead of such comments. Yes, timelines have changed and delays have occurred. While not ideal, we are not ashamed of this either. We are only looking to put out the best products we can make. Like the SH4 (4-14X44), we expect to offer the EP4 at a tremendous value to the consumer while out performing and/or competing with those costing hundreds more. We will continue to improve ourselves and our products. Thank you to those out there that have taken the time to share their experience with us constructively. Stay tuned for new product shots and the launch of the EP4 6-24X50

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtdigger300
We will be releasing our new EP4 (6-24X50) by the end of next month. I realize that some of you may have heard this before. I mention this only to get ahead of such comments. Yes, timelines have changed and delays have occurred. While not ideal, we are not ashamed of this either. We are only looking to put out the best products we can make. Like the SH4 (4-14X44), we expect to offer the EP4 at a tremendous value to the consumer while out performing and/or competing with those costing hundreds more. We will continue to improve ourselves and our products. Thank you to those out there that have taken the time to share their experience with us constructively. Stay tuned for new product shots and the launch of the EP4 6-24X50

I recommend you do a ladder test, and thoroughly document it with pictures and data, then post here.

Likewise, I recommend you get some of these optics in the hands of some of the better known testers here on snipershide: Your tests and posts will help, but an uninvolved 3rd party who is well known as a straight shooter will have more weight to their evaluation.

I recommend you do a ladder test, and thoroughly document it with pictures and data, then post here.

Likewise, I recommend you get some of these optics in the hands of some of the better known testers here on snipershide: Your tests and posts will help, but an uninvolved 3rd party who is well known as a straight shooter will have more weight to their evaluation.
I certainly agree with you. We have every intention of doing what you have suggested. Who would you recommend?

My parallax is a little stiff also, I think rotating it vigorously should help. I didn't get any data cards either.
DATA CARDS are provided in purchase confirmation email. User must input a few variables specific to what they have in order for them to be of any use. Hope that helps clear things up.

Any reviews on the tracking performance of the EP4 4-16x50 Scope? The thing looks awesome and I’m looking for a budget scope for a shorty bolt gun.

Really like the look of the 4-16, spec seem solid as well. Looking forward to here a review on this scope.

Reactions: EastCOYotes
Does anyone have any info on what to expect from the EP4 line of these scopes? Seems they have tried to hit a lot of what I’d be looking for at a very reasonable price. 6-24x, decent reticle, ED glass, FFP, 34mm, zero stop, made in USA with a guaranteed to track lifetime warranted for just under 600. In my mind the warranty doesn’t matter if the company won’t be around long enough to send it back to. Just curious if anyone has seen or heard anything about these. Thanks in advance!!

Last edited: