• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Arken Optics Thread (merged)

It looks like a few forums are all of a sudden flooded with people who just joined and all love Arken scopes more than their children. And use the same grammar. And come from the same IP address.

I have not laid eyes on the scopes themselves, so I do not have any particular opinions on their merits, but the marketing practices are kinda weird.

They sent a scopes to Frank, which is the right thing to do. He seems to like them, which will get the Hide to give them a shot. That should be good enough. Why spam the forum? Noone pays attention to glowing recommendations from people with one post anyway.

This is a little bizarre.

ILya

It looks like a few forums are all of a sudden flooded with people who just joined and all love Arken scopes more than their children. And use the same grammar. And come from the same IP address.

I have not laid eyes on the scopes themselves, so I do not have any particular opinions on their merits, but the marketing practices are kinda weird.

They sent a scopes to Frank, which is the right thing to do. He seems to like them, which will get the Hide to give them a shot. That should be good enough. Why spam the forum? Noone pays attention to glowing recommendations from people with one post anyway.

This is a little bizarre.

ILya
No comparisons to other scopes (vortex NF nikon athlon) and language that screams English isnt my first but here's an attempt at a review (read brochure)

5 out of 5 perfect review. Maybe compared to an NC Star

I see a lot of people saying it compares to $1500 scopes but nobody lists what scopes and where or how it wins or loses. Anybody here able to chime in with real in depth comparisons?

Well this will get interesting.

Attachments

• 742322A6-0B87-46C1-A714-4000D9ABB624.gif
    742322A6-0B87-46C1-A714-4000D9ABB624.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 234
Regardless of the scopes I surely appreciate Mikes investment in the veterans of this country!!!

Does anyone have any info on what to expect from the EP4 line of these scopes? Seems they have tried to hit a lot of what I’d be looking for at a very reasonable price. 6-24x, decent reticle, ED glass, FFP, 34mm, zero stop, made in USA with a guaranteed to track lifetime warranted for just under 600. In my mind the warranty doesn’t matter if the company won’t be around long enough to send it back to. Just curious if anyone has seen or heard anything about these. Thanks in advance!!
At the moment there are 3 Arken Optics model and the 6-24x50 is due to be in about 2-3 weeks. The EP4 models are made with Japanese glass but put together in China in a new purpose-built factory only for this group, This is not a fly by night operation..reminds me more of the early days of Athlon and all the hate for them until they started showing up at matches and got in hands [years before that it was Vortex]. More models will be released soon. I'd say PM me or email if you want more details.. Arken Optics link address is here. ARKEN OPTICS USA

Reactions: Maveroid
Suggestion to the Arken team, OP and how ever many other new signups you guys got on here and other forums.
Your marketing company needs a review.
They are attempting to set up accounts using US based proxies that are low rent and highly cited for SPAM, and when they do use their true IP's they're pinging back to China.
I'm guessing they are also copying and pasting inorganic reviews and comments across other shooting forums to run up your click tallies.

Most of your target market is much smarter than that, and those kinds of efforts will do you more harm than good.

Single out some key people who know what they're doing in this arena, send them a demo product, and let them give you and the public solid, honest, and real feedback.

Like I said, just a suggestion.

Looking at getting one of the scopes definitely definitely highly interested i was thinking about saving up for an ior valdada but man money is hard to come buy this gives the feature set im looking for wonder how they will stand up over the long haul i am mainly concerned about the tracking im wanting to get my 308 out to 1k yards

I will drop this here.. and let the hate begin.. reminds me of the early days of Vortex and then Athlon....and the Founder is a former Navy Seal... give him a little respect at least and see how it performs... things can change.. ARKEN OPTICS USA

randalloc, I appreciate your words. To be clear, a SEAL is a part of who I am, something I am very proud of. I will not apologize for it, nor beat my chest over it. I’m not the best at any one thing but I work hard. I am only asking that our brand will get a fair shake. Judge Arken Optics on the merits and quality of our products. Negative posts from those who have never held our products is comical and an illustration of their character. The fact is, if the existing scope companies had offered their best products for the best price, Arken wouldn’t be here. I have formed new relationships with some of the respected members in this community to help provide us all with their unbiased feedback. I’m sure they will share their findings soon, and for that I am grateful. Heaven forbid you develop your own opinion and not have it given to you by someone else. For those that are unaware, most all of the US brands today are manufactured in or most parts are made in China, as are we. Arken products are Designed here in the USA (by me and the team), parts are sourced from wherever it takes to support the mission. (this includes Japanese glass on our EP line) Frank was correct in that it is not from LOW because we found a better solution. We are a small dedicated team creating the best optic we can at the best price we can offer! I trust the free market to decide our value. Sure, we’ll make mistakes. We’ll learn and move on. Extreme Ownership. Thanks to all of our independent, freedom loving FFL Dealers out there!

Looking at getting one of the scopes definitely definitely highly interested i was thinking about saving up for an ior valdada but man money is hard to come buy this gives the feature set im looking for wonder how they will stand up over the long haul i am mainly concerned about the tracking im wanting to get my 308 out to 1k yards
Not meaning to sound like a dick. But if you want to survive on this forum, learn how to use punctuation.

Reactions: JohnCarter17
I think you will find most of us here are quite supportive of both military service and new companies that make a good product. Unfortunately, in both respects, people do become cynical. There is no end of snake-oil salesmen that wander in selling their miracle for a "too good to be true" price.

Some over the years have actually delivered, most have not. Your service lends some credibility to your wares, but the proving is yet to be done.

For my part, you'll notice I give your stuff the benefit of the doubt, but the spamming marketing thing is a red flag. Maybe that person/ those persons are unaffiliated; but whomever it is, they are doing you no favors.

If the scope is indeed good value, you'll do well. If it is another instance of "too good to be true'', you'll make a few more people cynical.

Welcome to the community, it is a 2-way range. If the scope is good, it'll get praise. If it ain't, it'll get what it deserves.

Semper Fi

randalloc, I appreciate your words. To be clear, a SEAL is a part of who I am, something I am very proud of. I will not apologize for it, nor beat my chest over it. I’m not the best at any one thing but I work hard. I am only asking that our brand will get a fair shake. Judge Arken Optics on the merits and quality of our products. Negative posts from those who have never held our products is comical and an illustration of their character. The fact is, if the existing scope companies had offered their best products for the best price, Arken wouldn’t be here. I have formed new relationships with some of the respected members in this community to help provide us all with their unbiased feedback. I’m sure they will share their findings soon, and for that I am grateful. Heaven forbid you develop your own opinion and not have it given to you by someone else. For those that are unaware, most all of the US brands today are manufactured in or most parts are made in China, as are we. Arken products are Designed here in the USA (by me and the team), parts are sourced from wherever it takes to support the mission. (this includes Japanese glass on our EP line) Frank was correct in that it is not from LOW because we found a better solution. We are a small dedicated team creating the best optic we can at the best price we can offer! I trust the free market to decide our value. Sure, we’ll make mistakes. We’ll learn and move on. Extreme Ownership. Thanks to all of our independent, freedom loving FFL Dealers out there!

much better. let’s restart this thread with this as the opener.

Arken Optics EP-4 6-24X50 at $600 seems like a really good deal, I know I paid a good bit more for the similar Vortex PST Gen II

Will be curious if any more folks here buy them and post up reviews. I am curious if I would be disappointed in this if I am happy with the Vortex
Just looking to save a little on another scope.

Reactions: Maveroid
Why do some of you have to be dicks over this

you have not had one in your hand, we are not responding to a host of reported failures,

it's a new company, it's using a spec almost everyone out there uses, the only difference, in this case, is, it's priced cheaper instead of coming in a $1500 like everyone has done.

Look at the Nikon Black, none of these attacks when that optic hit the street and to be honest, holding both in my hand, the Arken is a better scope. On top of that, the Nikon is $250 more money, and Nikon just discontinued selling rifle scopes right after.

It's a solid scope on initial blush, if it's not your cup of tea, walk away.

For all the things I say, I don't' come out of the gate attacking people, I let them make the first mistake, which is not the case here. It's one thing to point out a problem, it's another thing to attack a product because it doesn't meet your spec.

This is an entry-level scope with solid features for not a lot of money. Half of you wouldn't know a good quality scope from a bad one if it bit you. So chill out a bit,

Six months from now, if a dozen people are posting their Arken broke you have a point, until then, STFU

I think you will find most of us here are quite supportive of both military service and new companies that make a good product. Unfortunately, in both respects, people do become cynical. There is no end of snake-oil salesmen that wander in selling their miracle for a "too good to be true" price.

Some over the years have actually delivered, most have not. Your service lends some credibility to your wares, but the proving is yet to be done.

For my part, you'll notice I give your stuff the benefit of the doubt, but the spamming marketing thing is a red flag. Maybe that person/ those persons are unaffiliated; but whomever it is, they are doing you no favors.

If the scope is indeed good value, you'll do well. If it is another instance of "too good to be true'', you'll make a few more people cynical.

Welcome to the community, it is a 2-way range. If the scope is good, it'll get praise. If it ain't, it'll get what it deserves.

Semper Fi
Thank you Marine. This is what I expect from this forum.

Reactions: Snowleopard
Not meaning to sound like a dick. But if you want to survive on this forum, learn how to use punctuation.
I guess i won’t survive, sorry if caused you any heartache with the way i typed my previous post. I did not mean to offend anyone, and sir to me personally you sounded kind of harsh, i am a young clean cut 22 year old man who is just trying to get into what i think to be a rather expensive, and detailed endeavor. Also i am not a snow flake i just wanted to point out that young people like me are the people who will fight for our rights and and pass the art of marksmanship down to others, I don’t personally care that you called me out on the way i typed the message but if there are other people out there trying to learn more about this skill i would encourage you not to say about their sentences until you get to know them and learn what they as individuals are all about, alas if this is they the people on this community site treat people i want no affiliation with this thread sorry for my intrusion I honestly was just excited when i saw this thread. Wish you all well. Keep your powder dry, and your heads on a swivel

I guess i won’t survive, sorry if caused you any heartache with the way i typed my previous post. I did not mean to offend anyone, and sir to me personally you sounded kind of harsh, i am a young clean cut 22 year old man who is just trying to get into what i think to be a rather expensive, and detailed endeavor. Also i am not a snow flake i just wanted to point out that young people like me are the people who will fight for our rights and and pass the art of marksmanship down to others, I don’t personally care that you called me out on the way i typed the message but if there are other people out there trying to learn more about this skill i would encourage you not to say about their sentences until you get to know them and learn what they as individuals are all about, alas if this is they the people on this community site treat people i want no affiliation with this thread sorry for my intrusion I honestly was just excited when i saw this thread. Wish you all well. Keep your powder dry, and your heads on a swivel
I was actually wondering if you were clean cut. Thanks for clarifying. Again..I don't wanna sound like a dick..no pun intended.
Welcome to the forum.

Do you shave your nether regions?

What I don't understand is the 4X Zoom range. It's practically 2020. Why is that a thing on a $500 scope? That's the biggest issue I have and a 4X zoom range immediately bores me.

I think basically all scopes should have a MOA option as well.

It's a start but find me the 4.5-27 or something at least.

What I don't understand is the 4X Zoom range. It's practically 2020. Why is that a thing on a $500 scope? That's the biggest issue I have and a 4X zoom range immediately bores me.

I think basically all scopes should have a MOA option as well.

It's a start but find me the 4.5-27 or something at least.
The MOA's are due out after the early next year and they are in prototype testing at the moment. One cannot come out with 12 scopes overnight.,... takes time and any business venture is a risk. If you want any more inside info.. get in touch with me. There are 2 currently in stock and the 6-24x50 is due in by the end of November
EP4 4-16X50 COMPACT FFP -R CODE.jpg

Reactions: Miguel7527
Specs are better then alot of scopes for the $1500 range , PST Gen2 comes to mind .

Coming in at 12 inches is pretty slick . Would be awesome on a 20" < rig

Sure you might not put one on your "brand new AI " that everyone seems to be pushing to , but for a trainer rig or even entry level I don't see an issue .

Would make a MUCH better option over the diamond back tactical

Reactions: S12A

Fellow Navy vet here! :) Any chance of MOA versions of your scopes in the future?

Thanks!

I am ordering one.
Will be a good candidate for my Mauser 18 or RPR And move the zp5 that came with Mauser to where it should be :)

Last edited:
Reactions: randalloc
im thinking, a grown man who has to state that he is no snowflake, while nobody has claimed he is...is indeed a snowflake. Especially if he Is complaining in the same sentence that his feelings were hurt.

Any more detail on the 6-24 reticle? What's going on above the cross hair? Some kind of mil based ranging deal? Not my favorite tree shape, but not bad either.

I like the one on the 4-14 posted above.

Reactions: vergil
Ya that 4-14 has a nice usable reticle.
The 6-24 one looks like the fighter jet HUD on the Revic PMR mil. Waaay too busy for my eyes.

Ya that 4-14 has a nice usable reticle.
The 6-24 one looks like the fighter jet HUD on the Revic PMR mil. Waaay too busy for my eyes.
There are plans to add some more reticles to some models, these are the first ones out of the gate. If you have more detailed questions or want something particular shoot me a private message. We do like to hear your feedback and aim to use it in the future. Thanks.

Would like to see a simple reticle like SCR or the 4-14 posted above. Not everybody competes and honestly tired of seeing all those Christmas tree style reticles everywhere.

The MOA's are due out after the early next year and they are in prototype testing at the moment. One cannot come out with 12 scopes overnight.,... takes time and any business venture is a risk. If you want any more inside info.. get in touch with me. There are 2 currently in stock and the 6-24x50 is due in by the end of NovemberView attachment 7188327.

Well, well....I need a scope for a Mk12 and I’m a MOA guy, I don’t have the ducats for another razor II so I might just be a early adopter....

Last edited:
Very much indeed like the 4-14 reticle, very similar to the xtrii/steiner scr. Innnnnterestingg.

Looks like a great option.
I went to your website in an effort to gain more information on the reticle design. Likely it's because i'm very new to this but would it be possible to clarify (help me understand) the design of the V shaped portion of the reticle that is located above the center crosshair. Thank you.

Looks like a great option.
I went to your website in an effort to gain more information on the reticle design. Likely it's because i'm very new to this but would it be possible to clarify (help me understand) the design of the V shaped portion of the reticle that is located above the center crosshair. Thank you.

Bracket an object of known width in the V and it will give you an approximate distance to the object. Assuming you guessed its width correctly. It is generally called a choke-style rangefinder.

ILya

I appreciate the options.
But as my eyes get older, I need more and more simple reticles. Too much going on and I get lost in the reticle. So some simple style rets like the 4-14 pictured would be much appreciated.

so uhhhh....can we get a real reticle? why did they hire someone from Primary Arms?

This is a real reticle. And Primary Arms was far from the 1st to offer a grid in their reticles as Dimitri will tell you. Horus, Vortex, Niteforce, and several others have done it long before we did. We will be offering both MOA and simpler reticles in most models as we grow, but we have to start somewhere. The grids are incredibly useful and popular in the long-range game so we started there. I anticipate the 4-14x reticle will eventually be incorporated to the 4-16x and the 6-24x models and the grid should make its way to the 4-14x.