• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Arken Optics Thread (merged)

It’s only a matter of time before this starts hitting all the products manufactured in China. Arken got hit especially hard because they didn’t have an existing inventory. It’s not like Arken is the only Optics manufacturer that is making their scopes in China. Once stockpiled inventories from other manufacturers start to dwindle we will see shortages with other brands too.

Do you know the OEM/manufacturer of arken optics?

I did get a response from Michael Reilly at Arken and it sounds like the delay is going to be significant, which isn't a surprise.

I'm not canceling my order, but I am going to need to look elsewhere for an optic for my new rifle, sadly.

I did get a response from Michael Reilly at Arken and it sounds like the delay is going to be significant, which isn't a surprise.

I'm not canceling my order, but I am going to need to look elsewhere for an optic for my new rifle, sadly.

Maybe just keep an eye out for a good deal in the used scope market. Find something relatively inexpensive, decent quality that satisfies the requirement, and perhaps even willing to sell once your order is complete and you have the scope in hand. Not a shortage of decent options out there. With regards to the EP4, it doesn't cease to impress. Still trying to wrap my mind around how they were able to pack this level of quality at this price point. It's not perfect, but it's damn good.

I ordered Feb 5th and have been debating on canceling as well. I really want to give them a shot but I got an email last week and said could be around May. Which blows lol

I ordered Feb 5th and have been debating on canceling as well. I really want to give them a shot but I got an email last week and said could be around May. Which blows lol

Don't feel bad I ordered mine on January 2nd " 4 to 6 week wait "

So you think us that purchased from Arken should get a refund?
NO Arken customer/dealer need worry about whether or not they will receive their order, or a refund should they request that. Our facility is up and running. We will make good on our end, one way or the other. We are making scopes. Everyone on here is aware of some of the lengthy lead times that we have faced yet there are a great deal of customers happy with the scopes that have been delivered. We appreciate everyone who has stuck with us during these trying times. Keep up the support. Thank you all.
V/r,
Mike Reilly

I feel bad for Arken... They were on what seemed to be the verge of taking the optics industry over with what was seemingly a great scope for the price point and this virus hits. Couldnt have been a worse time. I hope you guys can get through this. i was hoping to try out one of those EP4s
We will never look for sympathy. That is not what we are about. We are proud of what we are doing. Arken is strong and operations are looking up. No complaints, no excuses. We'll get through this and be better for it.

We will never look for sympathy. That is not what we are about. We are proud of what we are doing. Arken is strong and operations are looking up. No complaints, no excuses. We'll get through this and be better for it.

I knew you were not looking for it, but Im giving it anyway.. Look forward to comeback after this is over

8ffvbT.jpg

SdFfaV.jpg

Have an Arken on order. I’m gonna hold tight and wait it out. Part of me wants to jump ship but I’m actually really wanting to get some time behind it.

Reactions: thegrayham
So Arken followed through on a return. It was maybe 3-5 days before I received payment back to my card
Solid dudes and maybe down the road try again. Just didn’t have patience to wait until summer or possibly later

So Arken followed through on a return. It was maybe 3-5 days before I received payment back to my card
Solid dudes and maybe down the road try again. Just didn’t have patience to wait until summer or possibly later

Good to know. I am going to stick with my wait for now. I think it'll be a while, but maybe I'll just use one of my cheaper existing short range scopes for now. It'll be a while before I can work out to 1000 yards anyways, I'm a newbie to long range shooting.

The specs of the 6-24 scope are awesome on paper, too bad the missed the mark by so much on reticle.
I believe they began offering the SH4 reticle (or whatever it's called) before the shit hit the fan. Much nicer, simper option.

Hi,

Unless they just have the dumbest corporate attorney known to man, they will most definitely have Loss of Income insurance and possibly Business Interruption Insurance; so Arken as a company should not be "out" anything during this timeline delay.

Sincerely,
Theis

Standard BI coverage will not apply to COVID 19. At best a company would need contingent BI coverage and a coverage form that had some sort of Communicable Disease coverage for or at least a Pollution exclusion that didn't specifically list virus as part of that exclusion. Most policies will not cover it and of those that will, it will be subject to sublimits and limitations. Communicable Disease additional coverage is pretty sophisticated and on not seen on a lot of policies.
I would be suprised if Arken had that level of coverage and even more surprised if it covered contingent business income loss.

Anyone got their order filled in last month?

Put this in another thread, but I’ll put it here also.

Looking to put a less expensive scope on my 223 trainer that my wife will be using more than me.
Arken 6-24
Athlon Argos
Riton X3
Athlon Midas Tac

Put this in another thread, but I’ll put it here also.

Looking to put a less expensive scope on my 223 trainer that my wife will be using more than me.
Arken 6-24
Athlon Argos
Riton X3
Athlon Midas Tac

Vortex just came out with a nice Strike eagle series scope

Reactions: TaxThat
I bought the Arken 4-14x50 34mm scope , just to play with and I was really impressed , at time it was before virus got bad , on March 18 , I put in an order for the 4-14x44 , I like the reticle , for a low priced scope I was really impressed with the precision and quality .
Granted it is not on par with my PM2 or my USO , but it isn't $3000 either ,
I like the arkens for some smaller lighter for me They are good for hunting with my PCP airguns for hunting at closer range , They are lighter then my German glass ,

Now I do have an order in , I will not cancel it , Arken is a new company who is doing a great job of filling a void for a decent inexpensive scope , they served our country and are doing this as they love to shoot , like we do , I feel we should stick in their and give them a shot they deserve it , They didn't cause this virus and If everyone cancels this can be even harder for them to move forward and innovate better products for us and so they can make a living as well .
LOU

Just ordered an EP-4 6-24x50 with the MOA reticle. No hurry, don't need it for this gun until hunting season in the fall. Have a March 2.5-25x52 on my other rig, and this scope is replacing a Leupold VX-5HD, so that is what I will be comparing it to. Whenever it comes in, I'll add my comments on the scope as well.

Damn I feel bad
Bought a nib 6-24 mil/mil EP4 out of the EE recently, should be here soon
After reading how long you all are having to wait, I’m having a guilty conscience about swooping that one up

Anyone find a company making throw levers for these

Breakaway Nylon Coaster off Amazon. Unless you were looking for something more custom, small and metal.

I believe MK machine makes them. The breakaway nylon throw levers are great but I’m not sure how well they would work on the Arken. My Arken mag ring felt like my Bushnell DMRii and was vey stiff. I don’t know if one of the universal ones would stay put given the amount of force it takes to turn it. Hopefully this is something they will modify as they go forward.

I believe MK machine makes them. The breakaway nylon throw levers are great but I’m not sure how well they would work on the Arken. My Arken mag ring felt like my Bushnell DMRii and was vey stiff. I don’t know if one of the universal ones would stay put given the amount of force it takes to turn it. Hopefully this is something they will modify as they go forward.
We do have our own throw lever going out as part of our Appreciation Pack. This and other new items will be able to view very soon at www.arkenopticsusa.com

Last edited:
Talked to Arken yesterday by text message, they told me if I put in an order it will be the 4-6 week wait but I WILL receive the scope. I think I'm going to go ahead and order one and see what happens. Seems like a good solid scope.

I ordered the SH 4-14 on March 17th,
got a "order shipped" email on April 20th,
and received the scope on April 26th. :cool:
That fell right into the 4-6 weeks order fulfillment window.

I am not any kind of long-range or precision shooter-- just a deer hunter. I am putting this scope on my 38 year old .270 Remington 700 deer rifle which had an old Redfield "Widefield" 6X scope on it all these years. I was looking at spending over $1,000 for the features I got in this Arken. I was excited and hasty in mounting the scope and sighting in though-- it was not perfectly level, so I spent a little money on proper tools and re-mounted it yesterday. Going to the range perhaps today. Definitely love this reticle! I am also very appreciative of the expertise available within this forum. Happy shooting gentlemen. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: JohnCarter17
I ordered the SH 4-14 on March 17th,
got a "order shipped" email on April 20th,
and received the scope on April 26th. :cool:
That fell right into the 4-6 weeks order fulfillment window.

I am not any kind of long-range or precision shooter-- just a deer hunter. I am putting this scope on my 38 year old .270 Remington 700 deer rifle which had an old Redfield "Widefield" 6X scope on it all these years. I was looking at spending over $1,000 for the features I got in this Arken. I was excited and hasty in mounting the scope and sighting in though-- it was not perfectly level, so I spent a little money on proper tools and re-mounted it yesterday. Going to the range perhaps today. Definitely love this reticle! I am also very appreciative of the expertise available within this forum. Happy shooting gentlemen. 👍

You signed up for this account last night and this was your first post?

Just a little note to anybody at Arken with a few brain cells left....

STOP USING STUPID SHILLS HERE!!!!!

All you are doing is making sure nobody wants your stuff.

You signed up for this account last night and this was your first post?

Just a little note to anybody at Arken with a few brain cells left....

STOP USING STUPID SHILLS HERE!!!!!

All you are doing is making sure nobody wants your stuff.

LOL... Thank YOU for that awesome warm welcome!! not any kind of "stupid shill" or any kind of shill at all. I am NOTHING but a customer of Arken, so, Please don't be a presumptuous ass. 👍 It's my first post because I just bought this scope and so far I like it. YMMV. For that matter-- I may fully change my mind about it after using it a while. Chill dude.

My emails:
1588786866454.png

1588787472031.png

(I did not receive a throw lever or patch btw, but I got a sticker and a little bag)

1588811321060.png

and I received it on the 26th.

Leveling and mounted....

1588788048902.png

1588788140283.png

LOL....any more questions??

Last edited:
Reactions: TaxThat
Hi I bought a few scopes from ARKIN and I just spoke to them about 10 min ago , They are open for buisness and they are a good bunch of guys who have treated me well , I have ordered things from other vendors and with what is going on alot of delays between trade wars and lockdowns , Hey freeloader 1136 call or email them I am sure they will respond to you quickly LOU

Last edited:
Reactions: kdschu
LOL... Thank YOU for that awesome warm welcome!! not any kind of "stupid shill" or any kind of shill at all. I am NOTHING but a customer of Arken, so, Please don't be a presumptuous ass. 👍 It's my first post because I just bought this scope and so far I like it. YMMV. For that matter-- I may fully change my mind about it after using it a while. Chill dude.

My emails:
View attachment 7318471

View attachment 7318492
(I did not receive a throw lever or patch btw, but I got a sticker and a little bag)

View attachment 7318494

and I received it on the 26th.

LOL....any more questions??

I have a question, Keith...why did you forget to redact your full name from the third “email” picture above? I’d clean it and repost... W54 can explain the context behind his comments to you if he so chooses.

But he is definitely not a “presumptious ass”.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I could be wrong but.......

Someone makes a brand new account...

The next day that someone makes their first post in an otherwise obscure thread.....

No other posts about hello or any other questions or introductions, just straight to the thread that has been a magnet for shilling....

Their post uses quite a few key phrases of the recent Arken shills that have been plaguing us here like: " I was looking at spending over $1,000 for the features I got in this Arken.".......

When you check their profile their status mostly shows "Viewing the Arken thread"........

Also only posting in that thread......

So there is a chance I could be wrong and jumping the gun, BUT this is pretty much the pattern we've come to see and expect from the Arken company who seems hell bent on doubling down on ways to get your potential customers to associate your company name with spam/shill...

So if I'm wrong, sorry for the rough welcome. Welcome to the hide and try hanging out in some of the other threads.....
If I'm not wrong, please go tell those you are working for that the gig is up and most probably think the worst of them at this point.

Hi I bought a few scopes from ARKIN and I just spoke to them about 10 min ago , They are open for buisness and they are a good bunch of guys who have treated me well , I have ordered things from other vendors and with what is going on alot of delays between trade wars and lockdowns , Hey freeloader 1136 call or email them I am sure they will respond to you quickly LOU