• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Arken Optics Thread (merged)

congratulations
curious as to how they compare to the first generation Athlon Ares BTR scopes

congratulations
curious as to how they compare to the first generation Athlon Ares BTR scopes
I’ve had both the Eres Gen 2 and the Arken EP4 4-14 and I looked through the 6-24 that came in accidentally yesterday. (I was waiting in the SHR reticle 6-24. Center dot on the EP4 is too small for 50 year old eyes) I like them both. The Arken may be a touch darker. The Eres is fairly bright for its price point. I do believe the Arken Glass is close to or equal to the Ares glass. . I think when Arken works the kinks out they'll have a fine product. The Ares is slightly more refined in my opinion. And it's probably right on the money for price point. The Arken is less refined but built tough and certainly punching over it's price point. It's a lot of scope for the money and id imagine the price will slowly creep up once the business settles into it's own.
One thing is like to see on the next generations of Arkens is a more solid diopter. There is a bit of play in the design due to the amount of space between the scope body and diopter.

Cancelled my order with Arken yesterday. Was refunded today. They are super quick about it. The only reason I cancelled was because I bought a brand new one off the FB page. I love the scope (SH4) and will buy an EP4 in the future.

Glad to hear the EP4 scopes are coming in. I have a 6-24 EPR reticle that is quite impressive. I do prefer the SHR reticle however.

Cancelled my order with Arken yesterday. Was refunded today. They are super quick about it. The only reason I cancelled was because I bought a brand new one off the FB page. I love the scope (SH4) and will buy an EP4 in the future.
I canceled as well and was refunded that same day. I'm holding out for a 4-16 with the SHR reticle, which I assume will come out at some point. Tell me about the SH4. What does it compare to?

I canceled as well and was refunded that same day. I'm holding out for a 4-16 with the SHR reticle, which I assume will come out at some point. Tell me about the SH4. What does it compare to?
The Mil reticle on the SH4 is my favorite out of all my scopes. It is a well built scope. Turrets are awesome, glass is great, it's not as clear out to 1500 yds as my Vortex Razor but it is also way way cheaper. The Razor is the only "high end" scope I have to compare it to.

Glad to hear the EP4 scopes are coming in. I have a 6-24 EPR reticle that is quite impressive. I do prefer the SHR reticle however.
I've had the EP4 and the reticle was simply too small for me. Center dot got lost on anying dark or at dusk. I exchanged it for the SHR which will take awhile to come in but I'm hoping it's the right move. Can you tell me if the crosshairs on the center of the SHR cover the target or are they a reasonable size?

SHR reticle on the SH4 is just right for me. Its definitely larger than the dot you are referring too, but not too big. Imagine if the EPR reticle lines extended through the center to form more of a duplex reticle. That is about the size.

I believe this scope with SHR reticle will not be beat for a $600 optic.

I believe this was Arkens marketing ploy to get me to own more than one..., one of each size and reticle.

Reactions: Southern Custom
Nice value, the EP reticle is a bit faint for my 53 year old eyes, I wish they would have had the SH reticle when I bought, may have to swap.

finally received mine thanks . I honestly thought it would feel a lot cheaper considering what it cost Was 1/2 expecting plastic ( cheap plastic ) It really nice maybe they will try making one with a much larger mag range got my fingers crossed . I went straight to arken to order mine

I just emailed this update out and will post here for everyone following the growth of our company. We really appreciate the support from the Hide community.
"We know there are a lot of other great optics available, most without the lengthy wait and we truly appreciate that you have given our company the chance to deliver a great optic at a great value. We are growing very quickly because of your willingness to wait on our lead times. Many customers have asked for communication regarding delivery dates and it has caused a great deal of frustration. However, to avoid the same frustration we encountered early with missed timelines, I personally want to send an update.

The demand and support has been amazing, a bit surreal. There is no question that the global pandemic played a role, but we will not hide from our own failures to keep communication with customers a consistent routine. We have a great team that has pushed hard to execute according to the guidance provided. I take full responsibility for any frustration caused by these missed deadlines.

Our mission has not changed. We have been continuously working to provide quality products at a phenomenal value. While some have wondered if we were going out of business, we are proud to share that quite the opposite is true. We have streamlined and greatly expanded our production capacity. We will make good on what we have promised and we will continue to improve.

This is a dynamic situation but this is the most current information I have to date.
Here's where we're at now:
Deliveries = to consumer.

EP4 6-24MIL/EPR:
Jan, Feb, and March have been delivered.
Apr-June: delivered by the end of July
Expect to be current by the end of Aug.

EP4 6-24MOA/EPR:
ALL current orders should be delivered by early-mid Aug.

EP4 6-24MIL/SHR and MOA/SHR:
Deliveries will START mid Aug.
Expect to be current-Sept.

SH4:
Delivered through April by end of Aug.
Expect to be current -Sept.

*large orders may be split into separate deliveries in order to expedite delivery of what we do have.

V/r,
Mike Reilly"

Thanks All.
Mike

I just emailed this update out and will post here for everyone following the growth of our company. We really appreciate the support from the Hide community.
"We know there are a lot of other great optics available, most without the lengthy wait and we truly appreciate that you have given our company the chance to deliver a great optic at a great value. We are growing very quickly because of your willingness to wait on our lead times. Many customers have asked for communication regarding delivery dates and it has caused a great deal of frustration. However, to avoid the same frustration we encountered early with missed timelines, I personally want to send an update.

The demand and support has been amazing, a bit surreal. There is no question that the global pandemic played a role, but we will not hide from our own failures to keep communication with customers a consistent routine. We have a great team that has pushed hard to execute according to the guidance provided. I take full responsibility for any frustration caused by these missed deadlines.

Our mission has not changed. We have been continuously working to provide quality products at a phenomenal value. While some have wondered if we were going out of business, we are proud to share that quite the opposite is true. We have streamlined and greatly expanded our production capacity. We will make good on what we have promised and we will continue to improve.

This is a dynamic situation but this is the most current information I have to date.
Here's where we're at now:
Deliveries = to consumer.

EP4 6-24MIL/EPR:
Jan, Feb, and March have been delivered.
Apr-June: delivered by the end of July
Expect to be current by the end of Aug.

EP4 6-24MOA/EPR:
ALL current orders should be delivered by early-mid Aug.

EP4 6-24MIL/SHR and MOA/SHR:
Deliveries will START mid Aug.
Expect to be current-Sept.

SH4:
Delivered through April by end of Aug.
Expect to be current -Sept.

*large orders may be split into separate deliveries in order to expedite delivery of what we do have.

V/r,
Mike Reilly"

Thanks All.
Mike
Are you planning to release an EP4 4-16 with the SHR reticle?

I ordered on may 8th. I emailed last month for an update. When i ordered i expected a 10 week wait. If I get it by the end of this month (as per the post Arken made in this thread, and email i recieved)I would not be upset. I hear good things about this scope so hopefully it lives up to my expectations.

Last edited:
I ordered my MOA EPR on February 26th, and just got a shipping notification. I’m so excited to be done waiting.

My MOA EPR EP4 finally came in the mail today. Most notably, the magnification ring is not crazy right like many people have complained. It’s looser than my VXII Leupolds I’ve had, but still tight enough to feel very solid. I will try to do an unboxing video on YouTube within the next few days since there’s nothing online about the MOA version.

I ordered my 6-24x50 on July 9 and just got it delivered 8/10, so not too bad! Loving it so far. I used a wheeler one piece mount with 20moa built in that I got for sale from midway for like $45, originally $100.

Struggling with finding flip up caps for it though. I reached out to Arken’s FB account who sent this chart (see attached) regarding Butler Creeks fitting. What all are you guys using? I’d prefer to buy nicer caps if available.

Attachments

• 8D13E769-A686-401E-9201-E9B6C7253822.png
    8D13E769-A686-401E-9201-E9B6C7253822.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 148
Reactions: TaxThat
Anyone make an order with Arken recently? Curious how accurate their shipping estimates are for the Gen 2 SH4. Looks like an impressive scope.

It's great to continue seeing so many people having mostly nothing but good things to say about these scopes. I am looking forward to deer hunting with my 4-14 SH4 Mil dot. There were a lot of people here who were highly skeptical of this product-- and there's nothing wrong with skepticism. It looks like the product is speaking for itself. :)

I messaged their facebook page, they responded quickly as follows:

Hi, thanks for contacting us. We've received your message and appreciate you reaching out. We will get back to you as soon as we can. Please leave your question if you have one and we will get back to you! Thanks for your interest in Arken Optics USA.

We currently list the lead time at 4-6 weeks.. the initial first shipment got to folks in about 4 weeks. As we get closer to November and later int he fall the time should drop lower unless the demand grows more.

I recommend to order if you really want one and get in the line.. some of our other models recently sold out before they all got to the states just from the demand... but right now.4-6 weeks and might be around 4 weeks right now unless there is a meteor hitting the wrong place in the world.

Use the ROC promo code for free shipping on any size order.and join the Arken Optics USA Info FB group for all into and Scope Giveaways.. thanks for your interest.

Reactions: kdschu
I messaged their facebook page, they responded quickly as follows...

I think I got lucky on mine when I got it, and got one that someone cancelled. I made an inquiry about 4 weeks after ordering, and I got a shipment notification about 8 hours after that inquiry.

I bet shipping times will drop as they increase production-- but I hope they maintain QC or that will bite them. A bad batch of scopes could really hurt them.

I think I got lucky on mine when I got it, and got one that someone cancelled. I made an inquiry about 4 weeks after ordering, and I got a shipment notification about 8 hours after that inquiry.

I bet shipping times will drop as they increase production-- but I hope they maintain QC or that will bite them. A bad batch of scopes could really hurt them.

When did you place your order? Mine went in on 9/8/20.

Ordered the sh4 Gen2 6-24 as well. Said 6-8 week lead time. Im in no hurry seeing as its going to be 15 degrees here in Nebraska on Tuesday. Long as im ready to shoot by mid March im good.

From what I've read/watched these optics seem almost to good to be true. Lol

Reactions: MTtimberline
Well, I can tell you from shooting with my EP4, they are a fantastic deal for the money. I don't think there is anything out there that can beat it!!

DK

Reactions: mudpig
I'm looking for a new scope in spring. Torn between this and a athlon Midas tac 4-16. Hunting and long range.

Following. Ordered one a few weeks ago.
My order was put in 9/17 and has not shipped. I have yet to see anyone with one either. Arken had posted a picture on FB on them in stock... I wished there was some communication on their part when they fail to meet lead times. I hate taking my time to get companies to communicate with me.

Reactions: hillbiggs77
They just changed the lead time to 7-9 weeks from 4-6 weeks on the Gen 2 SH4. Doubt I’ll see it before Christmas
I am contemplating on bailing out and getting another scope that is obtainable. I need it for my 22 finale match and don’t want to swap around my other optics any more.

That's all fine and dandy but I just went looking and can't find that post. I'm sure that it is my ignorance about how facebook works but I am not interested in figuring out, nor will I ever be interested in figuring it out. You can say that I'm just being bull headed, fine, but ignoring a sizable portion of a customer base by only posting updates on social media isn't very business savy!!!

I KNOW EXACTLY how you feel about Facebook and Social Media....I FUCKING HATE IT!!!!!!

Reactions: JohnCarter17
Here's a couple pics of the Arken SH4 Gen II 6-24x50 vs a Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP 6-24x50.

I haven't shot it yet, but based off my first impressions, it's literally better in every way: glass, turrets, reticle, shear "beefiness"... kind of crazy for $400. The turrets are super positive and go "thud thud" instead of "tick tick".

The glass looks A LOT better than the DB's by a wide margin, I'll have to compare it to my buddy's PST Gen II, but if I were to guess: it may be at or at least knocking on that level..? I'll have to see.

image0-4.jpeg
image1-3.jpeg

Here's a couple pics of the Arken SH4 Gen II 6-24x50 vs a Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP 6-24x50.

I haven't shot it yet, but based off my first impressions, it's literally better in every way: glass, turrets, reticle, shear "beefiness"... kind of crazy for $400. The turrets are super positive and go "thud thud" instead of "tick tick".

The glass looks A LOT better than the DB's by a wide margin, I'll have to compare it to my buddy's PST Gen II, but if I were to guess: it may be at or at least knocking on that level..? I'll have to see.

View attachment 7463704View attachment 7463705
Where did you order it, and how long was the wait? :)

I've been extremely happy with my EP4 4-14. It's glass is on par with the Athlon ERES ERT I have and also PST Gen II. The tracking is more accurate than that of my PST.

Reactions: CK1.0
Where did you order it, and how long was the wait? :)

I know some guys are going to hate me for this but: I just stumbled upon it at Anarchy Outdoors' site while looking for something else, so my wait was zero. I honestly didn't know much about these and found out about the wait after lol. I almost cancelled my order actually, because after looking up info on the scope after ordering it, I was semi-sure I had unknowingly pre-ordered it... but nope, they (Anarchy Outdoors) had one, and they shipped fast and were a pleasure to deal with.

I actually also exchanged a few emails with Mike or whomever at Arken (asking some other questions regarding the scope about scope-cap sizes and rings) and got the impression he wasn't sure if they (Anarchy Outdoors) actually still had one on-hand or not either... And it's worth mentioning that Mike or whomever I was messaging with at Arken was a pleasure to deal with as well, and was quick to reply to my inquiries, which goes a long way towards me feeling good about taking a chance on a newer company.

I haven't shot the thing yet, but man, if it performs as good as it looks, these guys are probably going to change what dollar-to-value means in the optic game. In a way, some of the issues they're experiencing now may just be proof that they're onto something; if the stuff they're turning out is good enough to where they can't make/import them fast enough, then that should tell you something... ;-)

Waiting sucks, but lots of good gun stuff is sold out right now: Alpha brass, pretty much any off-the-shelf prefits, fucking primers, etc lol! So far just from my first impression, for what these guys are asking, I'd wait it out.

I had kinda forgotten/ignored these guys due to the shit-show with all the goofball/dealers posting all kinds of bullshit hype/nonsense everywhere a while back when they first arrived on the scene... but if they've got that shit straightened out and those fools have been properly bitch-slapped back into acting right, at the end of the day good shit is good shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: vincent7
I know some guys are going to hate me for this but: I just stumbled upon it at Anarchy Outdoors' site while looking for something else, so my wait was zero. I honestly didn't know much about these and found out about the wait after lol. I almost cancelled my order actually, because after looking up info on the scope after ordering it, I was semi-sure I had unknowingly pre-ordered it... but nope, they (Anarchy Outdoors) had one, and they shipped fast and were a pleasure to deal with.

I actually also exchanged a few emails with Mike or whomever at Arken (asking some other questions regarding the scope about scope-cap sizes and rings) and got the impression he wasn't sure if they (Anarchy Outdoors) actually still had one on-hand or not either... And it's worth mentioning that Mike or whomever I was messaging with at Arken was a pleasure to deal with as well, and was quick to reply to my inquiries, which goes a long way towards me feeling good about taking a chance on a newer company.

I haven't shot the thing yet, but man, if it performs as good as it looks, these guys are probably going to change what dollar-to-value means in the optic game. In a way, some of the issues they're experiencing now may just be proof that they're onto something; if the stuff they're turning out is good enough to where they can't make/import them fast enough, then that should tell you something... ;-)

Waiting sucks, but lots of good gun stuff is sold out right now: Alpha brass, pretty much any off-the-shelf prefits, fucking primers, etc lol! So far just from my first impression, for what these guys are asking, I'd wait it out.

I had kinda forgotten/ignored these guys due to the shit-show with all the goofball/dealers posting all kinds of bullshit hype/nonsense everywhere a while back when they first arrived on the scene... but if they've got that shit straightened out and those fools have been properly bitch-slapped back into acting right, at the end of the day good shit is good shit.

I think it was a bad move on Arken’s part To send out all their stock to the big distributors before the individual consumers who bought direct in an unknowing crowdfunding project. I am going to wait it out but ultimately left with a bad taste in my mouth. I contacted them and they told me they could not give me a concrete timeline on delivery even after my 6 week lead time has come and past. Seems like they are more worried about pleasing distributors than customers.

I think it was a bad move on Arken’s part To send out all their stock to the big distributors before the individual consumers who bought direct in an unknowing crowdfunding project. I am going to wait it out but ultimately left with a bad taste in my mouth. I contacted them and they told me they could not give me a concrete timeline on delivery even after my 6 week lead time has come and past. Seems like they are more worried about pleasing distributors than customers.

I can see why you’re pissed, but I think you’ll be happy when you get the scope. Like I said earlier, I just came across it being in-stock and got lucky, IDK what the deal is...

The unit I got is pretty sick for $400, the company seems like it must be a small operation in order to hit that price-point for what you get. I bet they’ll get it together, bet they’re just trying to catch up to the demand...

Reactions: Mechdesigner