• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Arken Optics Thread (merged)

The painful waits of the past are gone. I didn't know they made fire hoses that big, lol. Very much humbled, grateful, and excited.

The 6-24's will be in stock here in the next few days. Thats means we've caught up and will have inventory moving forward!
@HeavyDrop appreciate you sticking it out with us.
V/r,
Mike Reilly

Good to hear, I've been extremely happy with my 4-16. It's incredible how well it stacks up against scopes 4x the cost. You guys are going to kill it once the logistics issues get worked out.

Reactions: MRiles
@HorribleAim We are a group of misfits that have managed to stand this up on our own...no outside money, no industry pedigree from another brand. OUR pedigree: belief in one's self (not the braggadocious sort, but rather the quiet, self reliant type), the fortitude to make shit happen (perseverance), the courage to leap (when all the world wants to do is label and point a finger of contempt should one put forth effort, whilst sitting back and collecting participation trophies). Our 'Educations' are specific to our roles, but our core qualities are what bind us. Individual beliefs are vast, yet respected. Through are actions, we measure and hold one another accountable.
We are bound to make mistakes, but we'll lean on each other, learn and keep moving forward...as a team!
V/r,
Mike Reilly

@HorribleAim We are a group of misfits that have managed to stand this up on our own...no outside money, no industry pedigree from another brand. OUR pedigree: belief in one's self (not the braggadocious sort, but rather the quiet, self reliant type), the fortitude to make shit happen (perseverance), the courage to leap (when all the world wants to do is label and point a finger of contempt should one put forth effort, whilst sitting back and collecting participation trophies). Our 'Educations' are specific to our roles, but our core qualities are what bind us. Individual beliefs are vast, yet respected. Through are actions, we measure and hold one another accountable.
We are bound to make mistakes, but we'll lean on each other, learn and keep moving forward...as a team!
V/r,
Mike Reilly
Hi Mike,
Thanks for chiming in, it's nice to see a company be involved at ground level with customers. As they say, the proof is in the pudding. If the SH4 6-24 I have on order is as good as everyone says they are, I'll be selling off my last Athlon Helos BTR and buying another one of your scopes to replace it. I anxiously await shipping notification.

-Travis

Hi Mike,
Thanks for chiming in, it's nice to see a company be involved at ground level with customers. As they say, the proof is in the pudding. If the SH4 6-24 I have on order is as good as everyone says they are, I'll be selling off my last Athlon Helos BTR and buying another one of your scopes to replace it. I anxiously await shipping notification.

-Travis
Travis,
All we've ever asked for was a fair shake. We can't thank Frank Galli enough for providing the respected (not, 'safe') space for the flow of related ideas. He knew nothing about us and stepped in, giving is own opinion (**upon evaluation**) of the product without ever having heard from us to that point. This forum has been a great resource for shooters for years and we commend the effort it takes to put this together and breathe life into an idea.

Free speech should be protected. We can only hope that the fair minded can read through the bias of the keyboard warriors and/or those with maleficent intent. My role is to guide this company, but our products must speak for themselves.

I know some people have been critical on arkens cs. I can say they were awesome to me. I had an issue with my scopes illumination when I got it they talked me through a couple of things to check on it and when that didn’t work they sent me a new one immediately. Big difference from athlon. I have the helos which I really Iike but the mag ring is so tight on it i almost can’t adjust it. I called athlon and they said it’s normal and I should by a throw lever which I understand but they were just a little dickish about it.

I know some people have been critical on arkens cs. I can say they were awesome to me. I had an issue with my scopes illumination when I got it they talked me through a couple of things to check on it and when that didn’t work they sent me a new one immediately. Big difference from athlon. I have the helos which I really Iike but the mag ring is so tight on it i almost can’t adjust it. I called athlon and they said it’s normal and I should by a throw lever which I understand but they were just a little dickish about it.
I bought two Athlon Helos BTR (gen1) when Midway blew them out for like half price. I had to warranty one fairly soon because the mag ring was noticeably looser than the other one and when changing magnification I could watch the entire image move around along with the reticle rotating as well. I had to pay to send it back (this always frustrates me as a side note, a manufacturers warranty shouldn't cost me extra) and they sent me a replacement scope. The mag ring was now very tight on both, so I bought throw levers for them. The one remaining Helos has an extremely stiff illumination knob and would probably be a challenge with sweaty hands or during cold months. But all that being said, I can't see .22 holes at 200 yards on my paper targets like I can with my Bushnell Match Pro. The Helos are "okay" for around $300, but I wouldn't be happy at their normal price of almost twice that. The image quality just isn't there. I have no experience with their better lines or Gen2 stuff, so maybe some of those issues have been resolved.

Sorry for the side track from Arken, but kinda felt like it was relative somewhat. I guess my point was that if I can see .22 holes at 200 yards on white paper with the Arken, then it would be an improvement.

Reactions: Ldecker81
I've been going back and forth between the Arken SH4G2 and Razor HDG2 for a while now trying to decide what to run, just finding it really interesting and a little crazy how close they are when you forget about their price tags. Honestly comparing them against each other head to head, again, without considering price, and based off the particular Arken example I have, if the other ones out there are as good as mine, I think comparing them against any other scopes below the Razor's tier (less than $2000 MSRP) is pointless, it's better than all of them, full stop (and it isn't even close really).

IMO the SH4G2 is almost equal to the Razor HDG2. But, really though, for maybe 80-90% of the shooters out there who don't shoot out to 1000 yards regularly, they might as well be be the same scope.

I can only find 2 areas where the Razor HDG2 really distinguishes itself, and I couldn't really figure it out or notice see it until I mounted the Razor up right after the Arken back to back, on the same gun: depth of field and mirage/trace. *(Well, really 3 things...)

Looking at them static next to each other, and not running them for real, there are some things I actually do prefer about the Arken that may be better for modern PRS/NRL-type shooting like: (just my tastes here maybe) the Arken's VPR reticle is way more "open" and less fatiguing to look through then the Razor's (though in-general the EBR-7C is as good or better than anything out there), I feel like it makes it easier to spot impacts/splash, and I feel like most shooters receive more benefit from less clutter than they do from those rare occasions where you really use all those extra lines. IMHO there's no reason to always be looking through a "screen door" if we don't need to, but then I'd prefer to run a German #4 over a Horus or a Tremor, so that's just my taste I guess. I also have grown to prefer the Arken's turrets with the big wide clunks instead of "tick-tick-tick" and 8mils per revolution: I'm getting older and my eyes aren't getting any better and the Arken is just plain easier to read, big numbers are good.

On the gun, the Razor does show its pedigree, not saying one can't shoot the Arken and get the same results, because I've done it, in my experience the Arken's glass is good out to 1250+ yards, and really the glass between the two looks real similar. But, with the Razor it just feels like the difference between an SD and HD TV (if there are any SD TV's still out there for guys to know what I mean), it just seems more 3D and HiFi, the difference isn't huge, IMO it's closer to "Princess and the Pea" territory than real capability, but yeah, it's there, and it does look better. Mirage and trace is a different deal entirely with the Razor vs the Arken: the Arken cuts through close-in mirage better than most, and does allow one to read a fair amount of it downrange too through the glass, but you only have too look through the Razor for few seconds before your eyes relax and reveal what's really happening downrange, it "sees" through close-in mirage (like coming off a hot barrel) better and longer, yet downrange it allows one to see multiple layers of mirage which really does help with wind calls IMO. Also, bullet trace pops out compared to the Arken, it can almost look like a smoke trail for a second with the Razor sometimes when its really humid.That's pretty much the "it" right there that the Razor does better: it allows one to see the stuff that's mostly invisible better.

Is that worth the extra loot? IDK, depends on one's tastes I guess, I'm starting to think it is for me, but if I couldn't afford the more expensive scope I wouldn't feel bad or under equipped at all.

* The #3 the Razor has is its track-record/piece of mind: the Razor has been out for years and there are a lot of them out there that have been run hard, and had multiple owners, on all kinds of different guns, and in all kinds of different weather., and you almost never hear of them taking a dump. And if they do, I've heard Vortex will go as far as to overnight you a loaner if you've got a match or are in a jam where you need a scope.
Like it or not, all of us on the Arken train are beta testers to a certain degree, just are, there aren't enough of them that have been put through the shit out there... so far so good, so for most it's no big deal considering the performance per dollar.

But, as one gets deeper into the game to where they're dropping ~$300 in entry fees, and then another ~$500-600 for gas/hotel/food/supplies, ~$??? ammo, to shoot one of the bigger 2-day matches... that track-record/piece of mind thing becomes a bigger deal, and considering how expensive this hobby can get, there is a point where spending a little more for stuff that's proven makes real sense.

For 99.9999% of those just getting into long range the Arken is a no brainer.

For someone going on to their 3rd barrel in less than a year, IDK?... one of these is going in the PX soon, still not sure which, and it might come down to a coin-flip, they're that

The EP4 is also their higher end model. So now it makes me wonder where the EP4 fits in if the SH4 gen2 is as good as you're seeing it.

+1 when you factor in your time, your travel, lodging, match fees, and ammo. The gear itself is actually pretty cheap. So most people just jump into the alpha glass Kahles, NF, ZCO territory. If you can afford it, and you're basically only paying a $200 rental fee as the resale is so high on those. I bought this ZCO for $3300 used. I will get to enjoy it for years, and if I ever do stop shooting, I will sell it for probably $3100. And I get all the hours behind alpha glass for $200 rental

I bought two Athlon Helos BTR (gen1) when Midway blew them out for like half price. I had to warranty one fairly soon because the mag ring was noticeably looser than the other one and when changing magnification I could watch the entire image move around along with the reticle rotating as well. I had to pay to send it back (this always frustrates me as a side note, a manufacturers warranty shouldn't cost me extra) and they sent me a replacement scope. The mag ring was now very tight on both, so I bought throw levers for them. The one remaining Helos has an extremely stiff illumination knob and would probably be a challenge with sweaty hands or during cold months. But all that being said, I can't see .22 holes at 200 yards on my paper targets like I can with my Bushnell Match Pro. The Helos are "okay" for around $300, but I wouldn't be happy at their normal price of almost twice that. The image quality just isn't there. I have no experience with their better lines or Gen2 stuff, so maybe some of those issues have been resolved.

Sorry for the side track from Arken, but kinda felt like it was relative somewhat. I guess my point was that if I can see .22 holes at 200 yards on white paper with the Arken, then it would be an improvement.
Visibility of .22 holes in paper targets upto a few hundred yards is exactly why I'm updating my current optics. I didn't think the sh4 was gonna work for that, im interested in your results when you get them.

Visibility of .22 holes in paper targets upto a few hundred yards is exactly why I'm updating my current optics. I didn't think the sh4 was gonna work for that, im interested in your results when you get them.

I think that will have more to do with the quality of your eyesight and/or Rx than the glass hahaha. If the SH4 won't let you see holes at 200 yards, a TT won't either.

I think that will have more to do with the quality of your eyesight and/or Rx than the glass hahaha. If the SH4 won't let you see holes at 200 yards, a TT won't either.
Never looked through a sh4, but like the Venom the reviews are at every end of the spectrum. The glass isn't really the point in the sh4 is it. The precision tracking seems to be the ticket.

Never looked through a sh4, but like the Venom the reviews are at every end of the spectrum. The glass isn't really the point in the sh4 is it. The precision tracking seems to be the ticket.

IDK about that, the glass in the SH4 is pretty darn good... you'd have to spend 4x or 5x as much for any better from what I've seen.

I just got to look through one of the new Venom's last night, and IMO it's a POS next to the Arken, so is the Strike Eagle (compared the SH4G2 to one of them too).

I think it's funny that guys are still trying to compare the SH4G2 to things like the new Venom, Match Pro's, etc, shit like that, based off similar price and without having seen one in the flesh. The Arken makes other budget scopes look like airsoft crap. Something like a Venom or Match Pro has more in common with a dirt cheap UTG or Monstrum toy off of Amazon than they do with the Arken.

Sooner or later Arken will catch up with their backorders and guys will finally get to see them out in the wild next to other stuff... then they'll get it. It's not all hype, it's crazy these scopes are what they are, and do what they do, while costing what they cost.

Reactions: MRiles and mudpig
IDK about that, the glass in the SH4 is pretty darn good... you'd have to spend 4x or 5x as much for any better from what I've seen.

I just got to look through one of the new Venom's last night, and IMO it's a POS next to the Arken, so is the Strike Eagle (compared the SH4G2 to one of them too).

I think it's funny that guys are still trying to compare the SH4G2 to things like the new Venom, Match Pro's, etc, shit like that, based off similar price and without having seen one in the flesh. The Arken makes other budget scopes look like airsoft crap. Something like a Venom or Match Pro has more in common with a dirt cheap UTG or Monstrum toy off of Amazon than they do with the Arken.

Sooner or later Arken will catch up with their backorders and guys will finally get to see them out in the wild next to other stuff... then they'll get it. It's not all hype, it's crazy these scopes are what they are, and do what they do, while costing what they cost.
Well like most things in life, you usually get what you pay for. In my experience in the gun world, that saying is flat out true. Maybe optics are different, I hope so.

I'm banking on you being right, because your posts were one of the driving forces to get me to order one, without ever using one in person.

I like my Match Pro quite a bit, more than any other scopes I've owned that were under $500. So if the Arken is as good as you say it is, then I should be happy like a fat kid with a bowl of ice cream.

Well like most things in life, you usually get what you pay for. In my experience in the gun world, that saying is flat out true. Maybe optics are different, I hope so.
The Venom is
I'm banking on you being right, because your posts were one of the driving forces to get me to order one, without ever using one in person.

I like my Match Pro quite a bit, more than any other scopes I've owned that were under $500. So if the Arken is as good as you say it is, then I should be happy like a fat kid with a bowl of ice cream.
T

It really comes down to the eye 9f the beholder huh? Some folks chase amazing glass and others say that anything above the $500 dollar range is good enough and worry more about internals and such. Arken really can be a game changer coming in below the price of known crap options.

Reactions: ArkenOpticsUSA
Does anyone have any insight as to what's going on with the EP4 / EP line?

I had one of their initial releases and hated the reticle (which they fixed, apparently), but other than the reticle and stiff mag ring it was exceedingly nice for the price; I have not seen a single mention of the EP stuff being restocked. If I knew who the OEM was / if I could get the same scope from another brand I would even consider it.

Reactions: vegashelipilot
The Venom is

T

It really comes down to the eye 9f the beholder huh? Some folks chase amazing glass and others say that anything above the $500 dollar range is good enough and worry more about internals and such. Arken really can be a game changer coming in below the price of known crap options.
I've owned a fair amount of scopes, but am by no means an expert on the subject. I fell into following name brands, special clearance deals, features that I thought mattered that really didn't and reticles that were useless. Fast forward the last few months and increasing my shooting distances, I've begun to realize some errors in my previous decisions. I've both overspent and underspent on optics because of not focusing on the goal I wanted to achieve. I've had Acogs because I thought they were cool, Strike Eagles because I thought they were "good enough" and lots of other stuff mixed in there.

Just getting started into shooting precision and prepping to shoot long range, mostly thanks to this site that is full of knowledge, my eyes are now open and my brain is a bit overwhelmed, but I'm starting to figure some things out. All good stuff and it's nice to see valuable info being discussed.

I've owned a fair amount of scopes, but am by no means an expert on the subject. I fell into following name brands, special clearance deals, features that I thought mattered that really didn't and reticles that were useless. Fast forward the last few months and increasing my shooting distances, I've begun to realize some errors in my previous decisions. I've both overspent and underspent on optics because of not focusing on the goal I wanted to achieve. I've had Acogs because I thought they were cool, Strike Eagles because I thought they were "good enough" and lots of other stuff mixed in there.

Just getting started into shooting precision and prepping to shoot long range, mostly thanks to this site that is full of knowledge, my eyes are now open and my brain is a bit overwhelmed, but I'm starting to figure some things out. All good stuff and it's nice to see valuable info being discussed.
I completely understand! My first quality optic was a Eotech 512, just had to have that military sight. In hindsight i wish I had gone with a LPVO. Fast forward to shooting rifles on the range and I own a handful of entry level scopes in FFP and SFP. Originally thought I needed the ffp but discovered it was useless to my needs so I picked up a sfp Riton. Great optic for its price but it left me wanting more. I'm also still learning and realized I have been purchasing optics for types of shooting I wish I was doing(elr), instead of picking optics to match the available ranges and areas I have access to. so It's somewhat counterproductive. Either way I'm having a blast getting better every week.

I'd tend to agree, with gun stuff, 99% of the time getting what you paid for is exactly how it works. Though every now and again something comes along and changes things by upsetting the apple cart.

An outfit like Holosun would be a perfect example of this, and in my view Arken may just be the continued evolution: more than a few yearsago, but not too long ago with red dots it was either buy an Aimpoint, an EOTech, or you're stuck with cheaper stuff that was kind of crappy and not really legit. Then things got a little better, a little better, then Holosun came on the scene. I love my Aimpoint T-2, I do, but unless one plans on fast-roping out of helicopters or something with it, it's stupid expensive for a basic red dot. Even if I could afford to ball out and put an $800 red dot on every gun I have, I may not want to, or need to, but I still want something that works correctly and is reliable: enter Holosun.

I'm a fairly cynical bastard and thought for sure most, if not all, of the hype was BS, until mine showed up.

JMHO here, but the thing I think I see happening is a lot of guys are kind of missing what Arken is really doing with these scopes because there aren't that many of them out there to see in the flesh yet next to other shit. They're not just making a better budget scope, or something for $400ish that competes with stuff that's maybe 700-800ish.

IMO it's more like they just designed and built a scope that normally most companies would have hit the scene selling for $1500+, but figured out a business model that'll work selling them for $450. So they seem nicer for the money because they actually are (especially compared to what we're used to).

It worked so well they nearly backordered themselves into oblivion hahaha....

I'd tend to agree, with gun stuff, 99% of the time getting what you paid for is exactly how it works. Though every now and again something comes along and changes things by upsetting the apple cart.

An outfit like Holosun would be a perfect example of this, and in my view Arken may just be the continued evolution: more than a few yearsago, but not too long ago with red dots it was either buy an Aimpoint, an EOTech, or you're stuck with cheaper stuff that was kind of crappy and not really legit. Then things got a little better, a little better, then Holosun came on the scene. I love my Aimpoint T-2, I do, but unless one plans on fast-roping out of helicopters or something with it, it's stupid expensive for a basic red dot. Even if I could afford to ball out and put an $800 red dot on every gun I have, I may not want to, or need to, but I still want something that works correctly and is reliable: enter Holosun.

I'm a fairly cynical bastard and thought for sure most, if not all, of the hype was BS, until mine showed up.

JMHO here, but the thing I think I see happening is a lot of guys are kind of missing what Arken is really doing with these scopes because there aren't that many of them out there to see in the flesh yet next to other shit. They're not just making a better budget scope, or something for $400ish that competes with stuff that's maybe 700-800ish.

IMO it's more like they just designed and built a scope that normally most companies would have hit the scene selling for $1500+, but figured out a business model that'll work selling them for $450. So they seem nicer for the money because they actually are (especially compared to what we're used to).

@ceekay1 Well said. Lol. Now its time to get the word out. #grassroots.

We are definitely on the same page now. I have the same view about Holosun. I only have one Aimpoint product anymore and that's a Pro on my MK18 SBR. Instead of buying Aimpoints, I found the Sig Romeo5 #SOR52001 (made by Holosun for Sig) to be a phenomenal red dot and put them on like 6 rifles at one point. They were all in the $100-$120-ish range at the time. Love those damn things. So if Arken can do for scopes, what Holosun did for red dots, the market is gonna be nuts.

I mounted the SH4 6-24 MIL on the Spuhr ISMS mount and quickly found out that the Arken will not clear the mount's base enough to obtain a vertical [Ret] position. The Arken has an internal spring cover(?) that protrudes from the base a little too much and it contacts the mount's base which prevents the scope from being turned/adjusted to vertical.

I have a Spuhr #4006 which has an elevation of 1.338". I' think I need 1.5" ring height in order for the scope to clear the mount's base. I suppose the height issue could also be solved by just replacing the Spuhr ISMS mount with traditional rings.

Regardless, if any of you folks plan to mount your Arken on a Spuhr ISMS mount, be sure you have a model with at least 1.5" ring height.

Last edited:
The painful waits of the past are gone. I didn't know they made fire hoses that big, lol. Very much humbled, grateful, and excited.

The 6-24's will be in stock here in the next few days. That means we've caught up and will have inventory moving forward!
@HeavyDrop appreciate you sticking it out with us.
V/r,
Mike Reilly
Your website says two week backorder for the SH4/G2 6-24x50. Are you expecting to ship new and old backorders at that point? I'm done trying everything under $899 and only getting minor upgrades from my cheap Argos btr gen1. I'm ready to try the*SH4 gen2 and I think I'll be happy with what I get for $450

Last edited:
Your website says two week backorder for the SH4/G2 6-24x50. Are you expecting to ship new and old backorders at that point? I'm done trying everything under $899 and only getting minor upgrades from my cheap Argos btr gen1. I'm ready to try the gen2 and I think I'll be happy with what I get for $450
Huge difference between the Gen 1 Argos and the Gen 2 SH4, I own both along with serveral other mid to upper tier ones. You'll be extremely happy.

Huge difference between the Gen 1 Argos and the Gen 2 SH4, I own both along with serveral other mid to upper tier ones. You'll be extremely happy.

The Argos holds its own pretty well in its class. Nothing fancy about it at all, but Arkens backorder situation had me trying everything under the sun in its tier.

The Argos holds its own pretty well in its class. Nothing fancy about it at all, but Arkens backorder situation had me trying everything under the sun in its tier.
No nothing wrong Argos as you say for its class but you get so much more with the Arken, better glass, better more tactile turrets, zero stop, more elevation travel. Plus it comes with the sunshade which the Argos does not, so the price difference is actual closer.

I can’t speak to the Argos, but I bough a vortex strike eagle and put it side by side with the Arken. They are both great scopes, but the $800 price point of the vortex just isn’t worth it when you can get the Arken for $400.
The Illumination of the vortex is better, but that’s about all that is better. I prefer the Arken, so I put it on my rifle and donated the vortex to my sons 10/22.

when I need another scope, it’ll be an Arken, even if I have to wait or pay a little more.
D66231E1-E0E3-483D-8F02-7DDCC43829C4.jpeg

@ArkenOpticsUSA the 2 week backorder listed on your website for the SH4's, is that realistic?
I need a scope semi-soon. Can wait a couple weeks but not much more.

Any ETA on the EP4's?

Ok, I'm very intrigued by the Arken scopes. I'm looking for a scope for my Howa Mini .223. The thing I'm skeptical about is the lack of reviews (other than here on SH). I'm particularly concerned by a scathing review online (I won't link it). Anyway, what will the Arken offer that say a Athlon Helos 2-12 or used Vortex can't? Thanks so much

Ok, I'm very intrigued by the Arken scopes. I'm looking for a scope for my Howa Mini .223. The thing I'm skeptical about is the lack of reviews (other than here on SH). I'm particularly concerned by a scathing review online (I won't link it). Anyway, what will the Arken offer that say a Athlon Helos 2-12 or used Vortex can't? Thanks so much
More money left in your pocket. I have the helos in a 6x24 and the arken is a better scope better clarity, better eyebox, better ergonomics, better costumer service. Compared to the PST it is really close but I think the Arken still beats it on clarity and definitely better turrets at half the price new vs new.

Reactions: z71rat
Has it gone beyond “label created “ on Usps?
Yeah, last night it did finally. Left Texas yesterday and made it to Indiana tonight. Shows ETA is this Friday, but it's currently sitting only 2 hours away from me. If I see it tomorrow, I will be as happy as fat kid with a bowl of ice cream.

I finally ordered a 6-24x50, and contacted Arken with a couple questions about other products. Those guys are awesome, and extremely helpful. Can't wait to mount it up and hit the range!

I'll keep this short and sweet about my initial in-home inspection of the Arken SH-4. I am not optics expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once many years ago.

Pros:
- Awesome turrets in size, grip and precise firm clicks (best I own)
- Most dials/knobs are smooth and tight (one exception below)
- Glass is very nice and clear/sharp (to my eyes)
- Love the reticle design, simple and effective
- 31.5 mil of elevation
- Comes with sunshade and bikini covers
- Feels very "robust"
- Zero stop is super simple and easy to use
- Easy to read dials
- Parallax adjustment down to 25 yards (small con listed below)
- Nice black matte finish

Cons:
- Diopter adjustment is overly stiff, hard to grab ahold of and does have some side to side play
- Illumination is not very bright, but it is brighter than the Athlon Helos BTR, I think it could still be useful against an all black target during the day
- Parallax adjustment seemed to be pretty far off compared to my other scopes, when the other scopes were in focus at 100 yards it was around 150 to be in focus

*Unrelated to the actual scope. I really really like the Arken scope rings, throw lever and bubble level. Kinda kicking myself for not ordering the flip up caps now.

Now for some comparison pictures! I recommend clicking on the images and zooming in to see the pictures better.

Keep in mind these were done with a smartphone camera and getting the camera just right in the sweet spot is difficult, but I did my best.

20210714_185923.jpg

Illumination comparison:

20210714_190938.jpg

The photos remind me why I ordered the Arken. You can find crisper glass with truer colors but your gonna pay double +. I think the glass looks great and I've learned it's a fools errand chasing glass under $1000. More important is the long term tracking ability and this company offers the only tracking guarantee.

The photos remind me why I ordered the Arken. You can find crisper glass with truer colors but your gonna pay double +. I think the glass looks great and I've learned it's a fools errand chasing glass under $1000. More important is the long term tracking ability and this company offers the only tracking guarantee.
I'd agree. My initial impression tells me it's hitting well above it's price point. If I closed my eyes and worked all the controls, you could tell me it's a $1000 scope and I would have believed you. This is not a cheap feeling scope. The feeling of the magnification ring and parallax adjustment knob are enough to write home about. Very smooth with no roughness and just the right amount of tightness. The turrets are in another ballpark, they are just fantastic. I know the revolution not being 10 mil with such a large knob has been brought up before, but I like the wider detent spacing with the 8 mil knob, it helps avoid accidentally skipping over clicks, which is something I've encountered with my Match Pro.

I'm planning on doing a tracking test on these scopes within the next day or so. I will update at that time.

Here are some pics of mine. I am loving this stuff!! I don’t think there is anything else on the market that can compare to the Arken scopes, unless they cost double the price, or even more!!

Lovin it!!

Attachments

• 20916F8D-2449-4620-9F4D-BD0A4E409989.jpeg
    20916F8D-2449-4620-9F4D-BD0A4E409989.jpeg
    573.7 KB · Views: 352
  • E519645F-ABB1-4510-BDB7-3DACA4FB867B.jpeg
    E519645F-ABB1-4510-BDB7-3DACA4FB867B.jpeg
    567.6 KB · Views: 165
Here are some pics of mine. I am loving this stuff!! I don’t think there is anything else on the market that can compare to the Arken scopes, unless they cost double the price, or even more!!

Lovin it!!
A couple of nice looking rifles you got. I'm still deciding between the AR10 platform or a quality bolt gun in 308. You got both!

Reactions: z71rat
A couple of nice looking rifles you got. I'm still deciding between the AR10 platform or a quality bolt gun in 308. You got both!
The comp rifle is the fanboy 6.5CM. My gasser is definitely a 308, as I can’t afford to run 6.5 in a semi. They are just to hungry to feed all the time!

DK