• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing The Bolt Flutin Vid.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    You guys pestering for video compelled me to break down and buy a camera the other night. We started playing with the editing software and I ended up staying up till about 3am farting around with this stuff.

Kinda' cool. I doubt I'll ever make it on MTV, but it's better than yer typical home movie I think. (well, better than MOST home movies. . .
    wink.gif
    )

Enjoy:

C.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F0s41npxx0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F0s41npxx0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: The Bolt Flutin Vid.

Sweet, question. How does a fluted bolt work with a side bolt release, as in, will the stop keep wanting to get caught up in the flutes?

Mark

Yea, that was a cool video and nice to see how you guys do all the neat stuff. Like the rifle in the beginning of the video. The only thing missing was a hot , sweaty woman in a cut out shirt that had Longrifles on it standing next to the table of bolts that was finished.

You Tube ban hammer came down on the audio. . .

Talking Heads, Burnin Down the House.

Seriously? Ban hammer for a damn 30 year old song? I hate what our society has become at times.

Those of you who might still be on the fence about talking/working with Chad on a build, let me tell you this: I spent 5-6 hrs there yesterday working through a few issues on a .338 Ultra (minor stuff). I was treated like a buddy not a customer, Chad took the time to answer every question (& in some cases break out the crayons!) & spent several hours with "minor" issues to help a guy out.

Also had a chance to get in on the Bolt Flutin group buy... which didn't hurt my feelings any!

BIG shoutout to Chad @ LongRifles Inc for all the help yesterday... Thank you again.

Your pretty good with that software already Chad! But then again it doesn't surprise me as good as you are at everything else. Keep them coming!

Could someone post a link to YouTube. My iPad won't let me play the video.

Thank you. But it says can not load video. Thanks for trying. I'll have to get the laptop out to see if that works.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The only thing missing was a hot , sweaty woman in a cut out shirt that had Longrifles on it standing next to the table of bolts that was finished. </div></div>

Dan,
    This is South Dakota your talking about. I think Chad already snagged the only one in the county. The small town in S.D. my Dad live's in, Thurs. is ladies night, if they have a brand or an eartag they get in free.

My bolt is the star :^))I believe that is my bolt in the anyway. Recognize the scratch on the badger knob. I know that is my bubble pack with the marker all over it I used for padding and the box I shipped it in on the table.
    Glad to know it's done.
    Now when my rifle he has will get finished I'll be a happy camper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dazza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice work on the video, do you actually do anything badly? </div></div>

I suck at golf.
    smile.gif

Nice job on the video!
    Those bolts look great...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suck at golf. </div></div>

The G word is a waste of a rifle range.

Count me in for 2 LA Rem 700 bolts. I would also like to add 2 of the Nesika bolt shrouds. I will be sending them in the AM. Looking forwad to the GB on truing the receivers. Awesome effort on your part. Thanks a bunch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suck at golf. </div></div>

The G word is a waste of a rifle range. </div></div>

Well said. Waste of a good RC airplane park too.
    smile.gif

I watched it a couple times. The best way to critique your own video is to play it without sounds.

You should go easy on the effects. It gets super distracting.

Also, it looked like you only had like 6 shots total. Vary your shots. Long, medium, close, extremely close up. 3-5 seconds per shot to keep the viewer interested

Try the 30-30 rule too, it makes better videos. From one shot to the next, change your camera angle 30* to the prior position, and 30* up/down from the last position. Dont break the 180* rule though, a shot of something going right -> left, then going left-> right is visually jarring.

Extreme close ups and cut aways are always good transitions to something else, and help you from shooting yourself into a corner. You almost had a natural wipe with the shot of you entering the frame to fiddle around with the bolt.

Also, fuck youtube. That place is ultra shitty for hosting videos. Fire up a account at Vimeo. They wont dick you on music selection

Sorry about the long winded critique/tips, I just got back from a shoot, video'ing the ammo guys build missiles. I got lots of pretty cool footage, and great soundbites.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fox5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking bolts! </div></div>
    You have to see one in person to really appreciate it!!

Awesome video, very cool & professional....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys pestering for video compelled me to break down and buy a camera the other night. We started playing with the editing software and I ended up staying up till about 3am farting around with this stuff.

Kinda' cool. I doubt I'll ever make it on MTV, but it's better than yer typical home movie I think. (well, better than MOST home movies. . .
    wink.gif
    )

Enjoy:

C.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F0s41npxx0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F0s41npxx0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what editing software were you using? And what camera?</div></div>

Come on man, share the intel!
    smile.gif

lol "The G word, a waste of a rifle range"

That should be a bumper sticker. Pretty much sums up how I feel about golf.

Nice vid.