• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The double standard of “going green”

That was likely paid for by you as well. He got his "tax credits", the companies that built it managed to stay solvent a little longer then Solyndra, but soon it will go the same way. Then one chip will fry and he can replace them all because spare parts no longer exist just like the London busses.

But don't worry his is full of the kool-aid.
Amazing how you can hate on a dude because he installed solar and batteries in his home

Amazing how you can hate on a dude because he installed solar and batteries in his home
Amazing how you can come to that conclusion, and quite typical, you can't debate what I said, so you grab a buzz word, in this case "hate" It could have been any of the others like racist homophobe, take your pick.

It is the attitude.

I don't fault you for drinking the kool-aid, you will learn of your error one day, and like all will not be so quick to scream look at me and see how great I am.

If you look around here you will find where I put solar on my shop myself, so I have nothing against solar power at all. So that was a pretty big swing and a miss.

Solar on the surface of the earth is just a backup, a toy it will never be the answer. Some of the solar people know this, generally the ones that really get down and play with the nuts and bolts of this stuff. The people that sell these systems for the cost of the house financed over 30 years will leave that out. The owners will be very quick to shout about their $7 electric bill that month, but not so quick to say a thing about the payments, increased insurance costs (provided they are smart enough to think about that one) shorter roof life, and the increased costs of roof repair. So many things they don't tell you.

Here is a pretty cool photo I took the other day to show off my system. I should update my thread but I always forget about it when it is not on the first page.

This is how the sky looked the other day.
1713196145156.png

And here is the power I was "making". I found it so cool that even on this heavy of an overcast day I could still bring in 17v and 6.5a, on my small home made system. Just really wild.
1713196177003.png

Solar is fun to play with, but I don't want it being the only thing providing the power. It really is a scam.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton