• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The double standard of “going green”

America will now "borrow" $3 billion from itself and give it away. Unsustainable.

Harris announced the pledge in her address to the summit.
"Today I am also proud to announce a new $3 billion pledge to the Green Climate Fund which helps developing countries invest in resilience, clean energy, and nature-based solutions," she said.
The fund's facilitators said in October that the current second round of replenishments had brought in about $9.3 billion in pledges to fund projects in climate-vulnerable counties between 2024 and 2027.

When Captain Cook headed out on his voyage of discovery, he ordered all of his officers to eat the detested vegetables which would stave off scurvy and other afflictions cause by poor nutrition. His reasonaing was that if the officers ate it, the common sailors woudl be somewhat jealous and want to eat those foods as well.

Any good officer leads, his men, any good leader, leads from the front, not the rear. If those assholes want us to eat bugs, they need to be feasting on those crickets and ants and other “delicacies” so that we commoner folks can see the benefit. This “For me but not for thee” shit needs to end. If traitor john kerry wants us to adopt a Stone Age lifestyle to protect the earth, wouldn’t behove him to do the same?
We eat steak you eat bugs

Agree it’s a bullshit article or it describes bullshit but nowhere does it tell anyone to eat crickets

One thing I think we can all agree on is, we shouldn’t waste any meat?

We throw out 1/3 of our food in the United States and no matter what your perspective that is pathetic and it ought to stop. Especially meat and dairy, which does indeed have a higher carbon cost associated with it.

Agree it’s a bullshit article or it describes bullshit but nowhere does it tell anyone to eat crickets

We throw out 1/3 of our food in the United States and no matter what your perspective that is pathetic and it ought to stop. Especially meat and dairy, which does indeed have a higher carbon cost associated with it.
While the article doesn’t specifically mention eating bugs the U N and other climate hysterics have advocated eating bugs in the past. And if that is their solution then at the very least they need to do as @Wiillk stated and lead from the front.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
I’m not going to get behind eating bugs, personally, but to each his own

• Haha
Reactions: 232593
If you live in Louisiana, you will be or have already “accidentally” eaten more than your fair share of bugs. I’ve been there. Not something one would recommend.

However, brim eat crickets, Largemouth Bass eat brim. Bass filets are mighty tasty. That’s the closest I am ever going to intentionally eat a bug.

You will not see "eat more crickets" anywhere, that just will not fly. What you will see are things that will try to steer you in that direction to make you feel you are making the decision yourself.

It is no different then the electric car, enough on TV about how evil oil is and that will change your mind. Make you think you made the choice....guess what you did not, you fell into the scam.

If I (tax payers around the world) did not pay for the electric cars they would have died out years ago as failed again just like they did 120 years ago, and for the same reasons. We would also likely be on to other fuel sources like hydrogen or ammonia, but we will never know.

Sure it sense if you live in the city, they want you in their 15min cities. More control.

Look at the new regs for the cars, they are going to control you.

Reactions: lil'skeet
Worldwide.

The domino's continue to fall.

A proposed pilot project to replace home gas supplies with hydrogen will not go ahead, the government has said.
Redcar, on Teesside, was the remaining area bidding to host the trial after proposals for Ellesmere Port were scrapped in July due to residents' objections.
Both areas have seen protests by people concerned about safety, cost, and the ability to opt out of any trial.
Northern Gas Networks (NGN), which would have run the Redcar trial, said it was "disappointed".

Reactions: 232593
IMG_2548.jpeg

Enphase Energy
will lay off 10% of its global workforce as part of a restructuring plan, the solar company disclosed in a regulatory filing on Monday.

Enphase manufacturers microinverters that convert solar energy into usable electricity. The company’s stock is down 53% this year as high interest rates have depressed demand, leaving the company saddled with inventory. Enphase has a market capitalization of $16.9 billion.

From policy standpoint its an experiment - its tied to reality kind of but is just 1 step too far for anyone to tangibly conquer. High risk high reward - means you pay lots now!

We'll dump money until the public perception shifts away then we do summits and at least shake some mid level inventions out of all this.

Social Engineering - can you manipulate a society into killing itself because of fears of the unknown?
(green energy = China lol)

Ford said on Thursday that half of all 1,550 Ford dealers chose to sell electric vehicles in 2024—down from two-thirds that said this time last year that they would opt in to sell EVs for 2023.

The other half of Ford dealers will sell—and service—ICE and hybrid models. “EV adoption rates vary across the country, and we believe our dealers know their market best,” Ford spokesman Martin Günsberg told the Detroit Free Press.

The slack buy-in from Ford dealerships comes even after Ford relaxed its requirements for dealers in the EV dealer program last January that mandated fewer L2 chargers and extended installation deadlines. Certified Ford EV dealers were once required to spend $500,000 for a single public DC fast charger, or $1 million if they wanted to be in the Elite tier of EV dealers. The extra $500,000 was for another fast charger and demo units, among other things. But the high price tag caused Ford dealers to balk.

The electric scooter company Bird, once valued at $2.5 billion by investors, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in Florida federal court Wednesday.
The company has entered into a “stalking horse” agreement, which sets a floor for Bird’s value, with its existing lenders, according to a release. Bird said it will use the bankruptcy proceeding to facilitate a sale of its assets, which it expects to complete within the next 90 to 120 days.
Bird’s electric scooters are touted as an environmentally friendly alternative to driving and other forms of public transit. They exploded in popularity before the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, and the company raised more than $275 million in 2019, which pushed its valuation to $2.5 billion.

Another Billion of your money down the drain. Wonder who got a new house, jet and boat out of that one.
Which is really sad because unlike a lot of the nonsense this agency and the obama bunch threw away at the green industries, this is perhaps the only one that actually made sense and had promise.

Oh well, a billion here a trillion there, its someone else’s money so why worry, (says just about everyone who inhabits Washington DC)

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
The way they tanked the entire project was interesting. Instead of saying hey we are a business that has expenses worth 4x and orders for 1x - we can only go so far before bankruptcy - they pulled a quasi Anacot Steel play and flooded the market with more orders (which obviously dilutes pricing more), and the result is bankruptcy in effect except for how they get to claim assets ownership and chain of custody going forward. So they'll make about 85% back whoever is/was backing.

Ever had a beer or soft drink go flat after it gets warm? You know why that happens? The solubility of a gas into a liquid is inversely proportional to the liquid's temperature. As it heats up it becomes oversaturated and releases gas. This happens regardless if it's Corona, Pepsi, or water;
Science tells us the majority of the CO2 is trapped in oceans and other bodies of water.
If CO2 drove increases in temperature, instead of following it, the first increase in temperature, for any reason would increease water temperature, which would increase the release more CO2, which would increase temps.....
Until it created a runaway cycle that would push global Temps and CO2 levels so high it would extinguish all life on the planet, Since we're having this conversation, obviously this never happened.

problem is these systems are not a known entity and every single assertion of this then is a new iteration of guessing the outcome to a guessed outcome. Ice core says this was this way long time ago so I assume there will be a massive tidal wave in 2012. The end is the end when it comes - until then rock on

so problem with that stance though is essentially - we are humans not Mother Nature we shan't over step our bounds - remember the whole grow a sheep twin thing? same idea.

What that leads to is us not on the forefront (which saves money but could be more detrimental longer term), instead places like India, China et al say hey we don't have a term for morals so lets keep digging - 'we call it corona...' "virus; corona-virus"

really USA does it anyway and shelves it

If you live in Louisiana, you will be or have already “accidentally” eaten more than your fair share of bugs. I’ve been there. Not something one would recommend.

However, brim eat crickets, Largemouth Bass eat brim. Bass filets are mighty tasty. That’s the closest I am ever going to intentionally eat a bug.

Lobster, shrimp, crabs and conch are all pretty much salt water bugs.
I could probably live off of them, but I would really miss steak, chicken and pork.
And the occasional house cat...

Lobster, shrimp, crabs and conch are all pretty much salt water bugs.
I could probably live off of them, but I would really miss steak, chicken and pork.
And the occasional house cat...
While we get shrimp and crab meat, nothing compares to the Louisiana State Food - Mudbugs. (Aka crawfish). Get some new potatoes, corn on the cob and a good boil going under a huge pot under a butane burner. Throw the bugs in and out comes the best food ever tasted under the heavens.

While we get shrimp and crab meat, nothing compares to the Louisiana State Food - Mudbugs. (Aka crawfish). Get some new potatoes, corn on the cob and a good boil going under a huge pot under a butane burner. Throw the bugs in and out comes the best food ever tasted under the heavens.
Warning. If a fellow or lady uses contact lenses, take them out before partaking in crawfish. The pain of those peppers on the eyes is one of the great terrors and miseries or human existence. Simple soap and water is not enough to remove it all from one’s fingers.

But they sure do taste good. :D

Spoken from experience as I used to use soft contact lenses And Still Enjoy A Crawfish Boil.

Just as EV demand appeared to be nearing super-saturation, incentives for buying electric vehicles are starting to fall by the wayside.
There are now just 13 EV models that are eligible for a consumer tax credit of as much as $7,500 thanks to new Biden administration rules that took effect on January 1, according to Bloomberg.
Previously, the number had stood closer to 24 models, but for the new year the tax credit excludes vehicles that use battery components manufactured by Chinese companies, the report says.
“Automakers are adjusting their supply chains to ensure buyers continue to be eligible for the new clean vehicle credit, partnering with allies and bringing jobs and investment back to the United States,” said Treasury Department spokeswoman Ashley Schapitl.

• Haha
Reactions: charbroiled
One more failed experiment in the EV arena

Hertz, which has made a big push into electric vehicles in recent years, has decided it’s time to cut back. The company will sell off a third of its electric fleet, totaling roughly 20,000 vehicles, and use the money they bring to purchase more gasoline powered vehicles.
Electric vehicles have been hurting Hertz’s financials, executives have said, because, despite costing less to maintain, they have higher damage-repair costs and, also, higher depreciation.
“[C]ollision and damage repairs on an EV can often run about twice that associated with a comparable combustion engine vehicle,” Hertz CEO Stephen Scherr said in a recent analyst call.
And EV price declines in the new car market have pushed down the resale value of Hertz’s used EV rental cars.
“The MSRP declines in EVs over the course of 2023, driven primarily by Tesla, have driven the fair market value of our EVs lower as compared to last year, such that a salvage creates a larger loss and, therefore, greater burden,” Scherr said.

Reactions: charbroiled
Warning. If a fellow or lady uses contact lenses, take them out before partaking in crawfish. The pain of those peppers on the eyes is one of the great terrors and miseries or human existence. Simple soap and water is not enough to remove it all from one’s fingers.

But they sure do taste good. :D

Spoken from experience as I used to use soft contact lenses And Still Enjoy A Crawfish Boil.
Also clean hands well before going to the bathroom. Heard some funny stories of those that didn't before going pee.

• Haha
One more failed experiment in the EV arena

Hertz, which has made a big push into electric vehicles in recent years, has decided it’s time to cut back. The company will sell off a third of its electric fleet, totaling roughly 20,000 vehicles, and use the money they bring to purchase more gasoline powered vehicles.
Electric vehicles have been hurting Hertz’s financials, executives have said, because, despite costing less to maintain, they have higher damage-repair costs and, also, higher depreciation.
“[C]ollision and damage repairs on an EV can often run about twice that associated with a comparable combustion engine vehicle,” Hertz CEO Stephen Scherr said in a recent analyst call.
And EV price declines in the new car market have pushed down the resale value of Hertz’s used EV rental cars.
“The MSRP declines in EVs over the course of 2023, driven primarily by Tesla, have driven the fair market value of our EVs lower as compared to last year, such that a salvage creates a larger loss and, therefore, greater burden,” Scherr said.

I read an article on this yesterday, not CNN naturally, but I did skim this one and did not see it.

Prices on the used EV's are interesting. That article said all the cars under $19k went fairly quickly, with the most inexpensive being around $14k.

Now don't forget Joe will give you $4000 of your own money back if you buy a used EV.

I can not put into words just how angry that makes me.

Now don't forget Joe will give you $4000 of your own money back if you buy a used EV.
I m not so sure you get 4K in pocket. What I think you get is a $4000.00 reduction towards your adjusted income on your income tax. So, this might put you in a lower bracket or it might not. A neat word trick to make you think you are getting a bunch of money. What it really means is that you might get a few HUNDRED dollars less taxes to pay.

EV’s work great for a certain group of people, who live in medium sized cities who own their own homes. Thereby they have a place to park and plug it in and NEVER have to go very far.

For the rest of us, Greenies, F - - K Off and leave us alone.

Reactions: Big Phish
I m not so sure you get 4K in pocket. What I think you get is a $4000.00 reduction towards your adjusted income on your income tax. So, this might put you in a lower bracket or it might not. A neat word trick to make you think you are getting a bunch of money. What it really means is that you might get a few HUNDRED dollars less taxes to pay.

EV’s work great for a certain group of people, who live in medium sized cities who own their own homes. Thereby they have a place to park and plug it in and NEVER have to go very far.

For the rest of us, Greenies, F - - K Off and leave us alone.
Your right, it was a bad choice of words.

"FAIL"
Back in 2021, the International Energy Agency published what it called a landmark report titled “Net Zero by 2050: A Roadmap for the Global Energy Sector”. The report made quite a splash, not least because of the assumptions it involved about oil, gas, and coal use.
Many companies, however, especially in the financial services world, took the report at face value and made it a basis, or at least a reference point, for their net-zero plans. Now, they have to revise these. Because it turned out the IEA’s assumptions were quite far-fetched. And they weren’t the only ones.
Bloomberg reported this week that banks are among those busy adjusting their net-zero plans, which were based on assumption-rich forecasts such as the IEA’s original net-zero roadmap. And with good reason. That roadmap included statements such as an end to “investment in new fossil fuel supply projects, and no further final investment decisions for new unabated coal plants.”

lol, even with all of the cards stacked in its favor the new faggy abomination F150 Lightning is flopping. It’s hilarious and also unfortunate that Ford destroyed the reputation of the Lightning trucks. Fucking retards

lol, even with all of the cards stacked in its favor the new faggy abomination F150 Lightning is flopping. It’s hilarious and also unfortunate that Ford destroyed the reputation of the Lightning trucks. Fucking retards

All part of the plan... When those US troops get to Ukraine, hopefully there will be some Hilux trucks waiting for them to use.

Is the Toyota Hilux legal in the US?
There is no ban on the Toyota Hilux in the United States, and owning one is perfectly legal. However, remember that Toyota doesn't sell the Hilux in the US due to the high retail price due to taxes.

Ever had a beer or soft drink go flat after it gets warm? You know why that happens? The solubility of a gas into a liquid is inversely proportional to the liquid's temperature. As it heats up it becomes oversaturated and releases gas. This happens regardless if it's Corona, Pepsi, or water;
Science tells us the majority of the CO2 is trapped in oceans and other bodies of water.
If CO2 drove increases in temperature, instead of following it, the first increase in temperature, for any reason would increease water temperature, which would increase the release more CO2, which would increase temps.....
Until it created a runaway cycle that would push global Temps and CO2 levels so high it would extinguish all life on the planet, Since we're having this conversation, obviously this never happened.
This "runaway" fear mongering is utter bull.

Let's start with the realization that the amount of Carbon atoms is constant on this planet if we ignore the miniscule amounts we shot into outer space. This carbon is either in the ground as coal and oil, or in biomass (plants and critters), or floating around in the atmosphere as CO2 which is in balance with the portion of CO2 dissolved in the oceans.

The fear mongers are correct that warming oceans would cause less CO2 being dissolved which would drive it into the atmosphere.

But before we panic, let's look at the total.

Before the Cambrian period, about 500 million years ago, most of the Carbon existed as CO2. There was no coal, no oil and little life at that time.

That changed during the Cambrian Explosion which ushered in a rapid growth of plant and plankton in both amount and diversity. These species grew out of the air by photosynthesis of biomass from CO2 with the help of solar energy.

The Oxygen atoms of the 'digested' CO2 were released back into the atmosphere. This allowed oxygen-breathing life to flourish and also explode in quantity and diversity.

The Carboniferous period then followed the Cambrian. As the name implies, this was the time when coal, which is mostly elemental carbon, was formed underground from plant matter via high pressure, temperature and the exclusion of Oxygen.

Oil was similarly formed from dead plankton. The reason we call these substances "fossil fuel" is that they are the remnants of earlier life aka fossils.

Let's recap. The "evil" fossil fuels were unarguably pre-dated and ultimately created by an explosion of life on this planet both in quantity and diversity. They are clear, irrefutable evidence that life thrived in a relatively carbon rich atmosphere. (On coal mine tailings you can easily find rocks with beautiful imprints of ancient plants that turned to coal hundreds of million years ago.)

Could the current release of CO2 from the oxidation (i.e. burning) of fossil fuels cause some discomfort for humans? Possibly, but there are many other factors that have a bigger leverage on the Earth's temperature. (What caused the ice ages to come and go long before the industrial revolution?)

The Earth's history provides clear evidence that the balance between plant life and atmospheric CO2 is stable and that there is no runaway scenario.

As atmospheric CO2 levels increase due to industrial activity it should not be a mystery where the visible greening of the planet comes from. Again, plants feed and grow from the CO2 in the air.

So, let's chillax, save some gas and oil to stretch our supply of medicines, paints, plastics and other very useful petrochemicals for as long as possible, but tell the marxist fear mongers to shove the green revolution up their tailpipe.

Last edited:
The only "double standard" in my household is double 12kw inverters and double 18.5kwh batteries
IMG_5500.jpg

IMG_5499.jpg

IMG_5665.jpg

We are spending OUR millions so companies go greeen and yet every thunderstorm that blows through, topples trees which topple those sacred “ELECTRIC” lines that which means all that Gorgeous Green energy sits in its Gorgeous green battery and does not do one damn thing. (And we sit in our homes using gasoline and propane powered generators to keep our food safe and have some news to watch to learn when our power will be restored).

Instead of spending multi-millions renaming shit because ten or twenty people out of 330 million might, MIGHT BE offended, why not engage on a project to move those above ground utilities underground where these semi monthly power outages will become something of a forgotten memory.

Reference, Lee Jr. High in Monroe, Louisiana was renamed Neville Jr. High. This school was not ROBERT E Lee Jr. High, it was Lee Jr. High. As in not only referring to Robert E. Lee, Commander of the Army of Northern Virginia but also the Lee Family who fought in the American Revolution. Now, this little name change cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 3/4 of a MILLION Dollars! (After all the ensuing paper and administrative work was done.). Three Quarters of a MILLION Dollars of the citizens money. The Monroe City School board represents a city of 47,702.

All this said, the bravest men I ever knew were the Tunnel Rats of Vietnam. The Second bravest and most intrepid men I Know are the lineman who work in North Louisiana in all kinds of immoderate weather at all hours of the day and night, doing their best to restore power. They are good men, doing a tough job, so nothing said here is meant to criticize those fellows.

What size back up generator do you have ?
That was likely paid for by you as well. He got his "tax credits", the companies that built it managed to stay solvent a little longer then Solyndra, but soon it will go the same way. Then one chip will fry and he can replace them all because spare parts no longer exist just like the London busses.

But don't worry his is full of the kool-aid.