• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The double standard of “going green”

Follow the money... The "Government Money".

Instead, NuScale and the Utah utilities announced Wednesday they’re terminating the project after a decade of working on it. The cancellation comes as two large offshore wind projects in New Jersey were canceled amid supply chain problems, high interest rates and a failure to obtain the desired tax credits.

They are all screaming for a Government hand out from a country that is going bankrupt.

Plug Power’s latest earnings report didn’t go well. And the company looks in dire need of good news on an expected government tax credit and potential loan to turn its fortunes around.
On Thursday evening, the stock tumbled after the hydrogen-technology company issued a warning over its financial position in its third-quarter earnings release.
Plug (ticker: PLUG) shares were down about 38% in early trading on Friday, falling below $4 apiece, while the S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite indexes were both up 0.4%. That puts Plug stock on course for its worst day of trading in more than nine years.

1699629064167.png

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote

Just listened to this on audible.

What is really sad about this entire situation, (other than billions if not trillions of OUR dollars are going to failed green corporations and foreign companies/governments to build the stuff for “green” energy). And they use very un-green technologies to build said “green” equipment.

Oh, we were taking about the stupidness of the entire operation. Back to the subject at hand.

We, as a nation have an outstanding and already funded and operating training school. That school teaches countless men and now also some women to run Nuclear Power Plants.

That would be the U. S. Navy’s nuclear power program. Where do these men and women go when the finish their service? They should be going to work at new Nuclear power plants, located around the nation to provide plenty of power today and in the future.

Hydrogen, could have a great future. But its going to take a Manhattan level project or possibly even a greater project to get it started. Safe nuclear power is available, right now, today! Cheap no, but far better than anything that is running circles inside the empty heads of the folks who occupy the white house‘.

Historically, in America, "Start Up's" had to sustain themselves from day one. That requirement, in itself, created the strongest companies in the world. Most started in someone's garage. Now, today, all of these start ups can't sustain themselves without Government money.
What the hell is wrong with this picture ?

Some American clean energy and technology startups are struggling to keep afloat while waiting for the U.S. Administration to disburse the pledged loans and funds under the landmark Inflation Reduction Act (IRA).
Several startups have already filed for bankruptcy, others have flagged the ability to continue as a going concern or hired advisors to evaluate financing and strategic alternatives as soaring construction costs and high interest rates challenge their initial plans and timelines for having production sites up and running.

Historically, in America, "Start Up's" had to sustain themselves from day one. That requirement, in itself, created the strongest companies in the world. Most started in someone's garage. Now, today, all of these start ups can't sustain themselves without Government money.
What the hell is wrong with this picture ?

Some American clean energy and technology startups are struggling to keep afloat while waiting for the U.S. Administration to disburse the pledged loans and funds under the landmark Inflation Reduction Act (IRA).
Several startups have already filed for bankruptcy, others have flagged the ability to continue as a going concern or hired advisors to evaluate financing and strategic alternatives as soaring construction costs and high interest rates challenge their initial plans and timelines for having production sites up and running.

-
pigs at the trough.jpg

-

When the Go Green movement can charge a battery without a generator, that will be progress. In the mean time they are reinventing the wheel and the Government's are paying for it.

MODELS UNDER SCRUTINY

Developers can no longer use financial modelling that assumes gas power plants are used constantly throughout their 20-year-plus lifetime, analysts said.

Instead, modellers need to predict how much gas generation is needed during times of peak demand and to compensate for the intermittency of renewable sources that are hard to anticipate.

"It does become more complex," Nigel Scott, head of structured trade and commodity finance at Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, said.

It's not working:

The oil and gas industry needs to let go of the “illusion” that carbon capture technology is a solution to climate change and invest more in clean energy, the head of the International Energy Agency said Thursday.
“The industry needs to commit to genuinely helping the world meet its energy needs and climate goals – which means letting go of the illusion that implausibly large amounts of carbon capture are the solution,” IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol said in a statement ahead of the
United Nations Climate Change Conference in Dubai next week.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Current SAF usage is also around two to nine times more expensive than jet fuel, according to research by Morningstar – while tax credits may push down costs as production ramps up, the overwhelming demand for the shift to biofuel and limited reserves could push up airfares in the short term.

"We don't want the electric cars. And if you do, you can buy them. But by in large, most people don't want them," the lawmaker said. "They're more expensive. We don't have the capacity to charge them all. We're going to have brownouts."

Little food for thought

So gas/diesel cars and trucks have to meet more and more crazy efficient requirements, or pay taxes or be outlawed

But green energy BS…. has no requirements on how efficient it has to be

Solar doesn’t have some requirement needing more and more watts per sqft per year, nor do electric cars have to get X range per charge

If these fucks didn’t have double standards they wouldn’t have any standards at all

*side note, recently got a Uber, I drove a shit moving truck 1.7hrs to drop it off, had the drag coefficient of a barn, took a 1/4 tank, I got a Uber back, turned out to be a under 1yr old electric car, old man driving it very conservative, the drive back in this POS was 2hrs….plus a 45 min “lunch” as the $60,000 shit box glorified golf cart couldn’t make it without recharging and we were lucky to find a high speed charging station 😂

So poorly maintained moving truck does it in 1.7, brand new hot shit green electric BS takes 2.7 for the same trip, I’m a car guy and have English stuff that’s far from reliable, but having a electric car is living your life around the car, who the fuck has time for that and had we not found a high speed charging station it would have taken twice the time to charge
to be fair, you haven't told us a lot of things:

The type of car
the starting charge
the type of charger (Tesla? 150kw or 250kw or other)
the cost of the trip each way

Solar is indeed getting more and more watts per panel area per year, at a really remarkable pace

We drove our Tesla MY 14,000 miles in the past year, and it took 4000kwh. That's about $400 of electricity in Utah. If we had an ICE car getting 30 MPG, that would have been $1800 in fuel.

We have a 10kw solar installation on our home which accounted for 95% of the electricity.

We're happy with our arrangement.

What enrages me is dudes in Diesel jeans with 1-ton tricked out shiny clean duallys who never go off pavement or haul shit or use it to make a living, but drive around rolling coal. I'm like, tell me you're suffering from congenital microphallus without telling me your dick is small.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Little food for thought

So gas/diesel cars and trucks have to meet more and more crazy efficient requirements, or pay taxes or be outlawed

But green energy BS…. has no requirements on how efficient it has to be

Solar doesn’t have some requirement needing more and more watts per sqft per year, nor do electric cars have to get X range per charge

If these fucks didn’t have double standards they wouldn’t have any standards at all

*side note, recently got a Uber, I drove a shit moving truck 1.7hrs to drop it off, had the drag coefficient of a barn, took a 1/4 tank, I got a Uber back, turned out to be a under 1yr old electric car, old man driving it very conservative, the drive back in this POS was 2hrs….plus a 45 min “lunch” as the $60,000 shit box glorified golf cart couldn’t make it without recharging and we were lucky to find a high speed charging station 😂

So poorly maintained moving truck does it in 1.7, brand new hot shit green electric BS takes 2.7 for the same trip, I’m a car guy and have English stuff that’s far from reliable, but having a electric car is living your life around the car, who the fuck has time for that and had we not found a high speed charging station it would have taken twice the time to charge
Yeah, I fixed my charging problem. Fuckin endless supply of energy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230920-191839~2.png
    Screenshot_20230920-191839~2.png
    736.4 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Hobo Hilton

The type of car
the starting charge

Solar is indeed getting more and more watts per panel area per year, at a really remarkable pace

We drove our Tesla MY 14,000 miles in the past year, and it took 4000kwh. That's about $400 of electricity in Utah. If we had an ICE car getting 30 MPG, that would have been $1800 in fuel.

We have a 10kw solar installation on our home which accounted for 95% of the electricity.

What enrages me is dudes in Diesel jeans with 1-ton tricked out shiny clean duallys who never go off pavement or haul shit or use it to make a living, but drive around rolling coal. I'm like, tell me you're suffering from congenital microphallus without telling me your dick is small.
What other vehicles do you own ?

I'm not concerned with the fuel a diesel pickup uses compared to ships, trucks and other modes of transporting goods.

A little known fact:
Is the US military the largest oil consumer?
The US military's energy consumption drives total US government energy consumption. The DOD is the single largest consumer of energy in the US, and in fact, the world's single largest institutional consumer of petroleum.

If America would stop transporting Chinese products to our country that would save a lot of fuel.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
we are *almost* a one car family. I mainly bike everywhere, my wife uses the Tesla. We have a camper van that we use only for camping trips.

The DOD statistic is a canard. "Single largest user" because it's combining Army/Navy/AF, etc. I more useful statistic would be consumption by "sector."

What other vehicles do you own ?

I'm not concerned with the fuel a diesel pickup uses compared to ships, trucks and other modes of transporting goods.

A little known fact:
Is the US military the largest oil consumer?
The US military's energy consumption drives total US government energy consumption. The DOD is the single largest consumer of energy in the US, and in fact, the world's single largest institutional consumer of petroleum.

If America would stop transporting Chinese products to our country that would save a lot of fuel.

Our fuckin politicians should be using public transportation.

The type of car
the starting charge

While I really like the idea of solar and EV’s. I have some concerns:
I have an issue with state governments forcing people into EV’s.
The reality is that most Americans driving EV’s don’t have home solar to charge their car. They use the grid, a very large part of which is coal powered.
I don’t believe any state has the capacity or more importantly PLANS TO HAVE THE CAPACITY, to supply enough electricity to is population to support the forced EV compliance we are seeing.
The dirty secret is that these EV batteries have a life span of 10’ish years at a cost of 30k replacement cost in Teslas case. Was just quoted that price by Tesla at an auto show. Interestingly this is a similar situation with the Tesla power wall, as I recently looked into those.
The best solar panels are only 22’ish% efficient. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe that’s changed much in the last few decades.
I remember reading study that showed the cost in natural resources (rare earth elements), gas and oil to make an EV was much greater than the same costs for a gas vehicle. Not to mention the harm to the earth when mining. Need to find that study.
I have a huge issue with government subsidies in the area. Here’s some really important info no one talks about:

The type of car
the starting charge

How much is that home solar system including installation? The actual cost, not what it cost you out of pocket if there were government incentives involved?

For city folks, an electric could make a lot of sense. IF, they have very little long range travel plans and IF they don’t have to carry/trailer large loads, especially for any distance.

As other’s have stated, we simply don’t have the electricity available to keep the entire nation running. Also, there are practical ways to overcome the ev’s lack of range. However, no one is exploring this alternative. (Quickly interchangeable batteries, kept charged at “filling stations” having he equipment to keep batteries charged as well as removing and installing freshly charged batteries) Instead, we spend $$ on high speed charging stations which in reality are not the slightest bit “fast.”

For us country folks, as is….is not workable.

So, in closing

When the government says you have to do something, we need to remember, we have a government by, for and OF the people, not a government that owns and rules the people.

Reactions: secondofangle2
For city folks, an electric could make a lot of sense. IF, they have very little long range travel plans and IF they don’t have to carry/trailer large loads, especially for any distance.

As other’s have stated, we simply don’t have the electricity available to keep the entire nation running. Also, there are practical ways to overcome the ev’s lack of range. However, no one is exploring this alternative. (Quickly interchangeable batteries, kept charged at “filling stations” having he equipment to keep batteries charged as well as removing and installing freshly charged batteries) Instead, we spend $$ on high speed charging stations which in reality are not the slightest bit “fast.”

So, in closing

When the government says you have to do something, we need to remember, we have a government by, for and OF the people, not a government that owns and rules the people.
I believe the weight and placement of those batteries would make it nearly impossible to swap quickly. The batteries on a car are 1000 - 2000 lbs and placed on the floor. The whole EV is a complete scam that your gov is getting rich from. Biden's businesses are directly tied to China and South America's battery production. The amount of carbon produced to drive 1 mile in an EV compared to a petroleum vehicle is far more. If our emperors are doing it for your well-being, in the name of climate change, or anything else where they say they are "concerned" about making someone or something better (other than their financial gain) it's a fuckin lie and bullshit.
Where the fuck do you plug in a piece of shit electric car in the city? People don't have yards and most of the time you can't park in front of your little piece of shit 800 sq ft apartment. If you could, I would imagine a fuckin bum high on crack or heroin would have already fucked up your little piece of shit charging outlet.
For as much of a great idea and game changer this EV shit is I have yet to have it explained how it will work.

So, in closing

Actually it's just because in the USA we are way behind due to the stupid nature of government funded random feeding troughs.

Nio (the Chinese EV company popular in Europe) has battery swap stations that are automated and the realistic battery swap time (if no line) is 7 minutes
Other countries are putting in actually fast EV chargers that do 250kw for cars and 1000kw for trucks.
The realistic time for 10% to 80% for a vehicle that is able to charge that fast (like many newer models) is on average 20 minutes or so.

Plus it's not just this let's put a couple chargers that may or may not ever work so we can get tax money, as is done here.
Other countries have like the actual fueling stations / rest stops with 30+ chargers and most are always working.

I believe the weight and placement of those batteries would make it nearly impossible to swap quickly.

7 minutes start to finish all automated, just sit in the car, hit a button on the menu, car drives itself into position, robotic system does the battery swap and then tells you when you can drive off.

Reactions: secondofangle2
While I really like the idea of solar and EV’s. I have some concerns:
I have an issue with state governments forcing people into EV’s.
The reality is that most Americans driving EV’s don’t have home solar to charge their car. They use the grid, a very large part of which is coal powered.
I don’t believe any state has the capacity or more importantly PLANS TO HAVE THE CAPACITY, to supply enough electricity to is population to support the forced EV compliance we are seeing.
The dirty secret is that these EV batteries have a life span of 10’ish years at a cost of 30k replacement cost in Teslas case. Was just quoted that price by Tesla at an auto show. Interestingly this is a similar situation with the Tesla power wall, as I recently looked into those.
The best solar panels are only 22’ish% efficient. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe that’s changed much in the last few decades.
I remember reading study that showed the cost in natural resources (rare earth elements), gas and oil to make an EV was much greater than the same costs for a gas vehicle. Not to mention the harm to the earth when mining. Need to find that study.
I have a huge issue with government subsidies in the area. Here’s some really important info no one talks about:

I completely agree with you about the coal fired power plants and the inadequate plans to fortify the grid and supply the additional electricity

As regards the batteries, the price of replacement is coming down rapidly. Furthermore, people are seeing their batteries last well beyond 10 years. Lastly, the batteries aren’t just retired. They are not even recycled. They are reused to store energy for like data centers and stuff like that that doesn’t stress them as much as driving around a 5000 pound car; eventually of course the lithium will be recycled

As regards the carbon footprint of the vehicle, when you count for the mining and the transportation and the manufacture, and all that, you are correct, there are more carbon inputs into the battery powered vehicles than an internal combustion engine powered vehicle. However, you break even somewhere around 50,000 miles (depending upon the vehicle) and after that, it is a major win for electric vehicles.

They definitely aren’t for everyone. But if you try one you might be surprised. My buddy has a tricked out mall crawler jeep w 36" tires that he was driving back and forth to work in the city (it was a boyhood dream to have a cool Jeep) and then he bought a Ford Mustang Mach E that cost him about the same amount a couple of months ago. I told him he’s never gonna drive the jeep again, and so far I am right. It just sits there.

Actually it's just because in the USA we are way behind due to the stupid nature of government funded random feeding troughs.

Nio (the Chinese EV company popular in Europe) has battery swap stations that are automated and the realistic battery swap time (if no line) is 7 minutes
Other countries are putting in actually fast EV chargers that do 250kw for cars and 1000kw for trucks.
The realistic time for 10% to 80% for a vehicle that is able to charge that fast (like many newer models) is on average 20 minutes or so.

Plus it's not just this let's put a couple chargers that may or may not ever work so we can get tax money, as is done here.
Other countries have like the actual fueling stations / rest stops with 30+ chargers and most are always working.
I have no argument with any of that.
If I pay the $30k to put a new battery in my EV, I would have a hard time swapping it out for someone else's that be at the end of its life span. This seems to be a good idea if you don't own the vehicle as in "you will own nothing and be happy". George Soros.

My argument is where does all of this power come from? We can put charging stations every 1|4 mile throughout the country, Throughout the world..... Make everything battery powered.
What makes the energy to charge this stuff is what no one is answering? A fuckin windmill? Fuckin solar panels?

How much is that home solar system including installation? The actual cost, not what it cost you out of pocket if there were government incentives involved?
It was about $30k before tax credits and all that. We use about $1500 of juice per year in Utah where it's relatively cheap at $0.10/kwh. So, the system will take 20 years to pay for itself and then will need replaced probably 5-10 years after that. So, It's a wash if your only concern is dollars and cents. With the government incentives, you get an ROI of about 5% by my calculations.

There are other benefits, of course. The initial installation includes a bunch of infrastructure (wiring, trenching, conduit, etc) that is now in place that will lower the cost of any future additions, replacements etc.

I'm also adding 37kwh of Fortress Power batteries this month. That will allow me to run the house when/if the power is out, for anywhere from 1-4 days depending upon the season. That is a complete boondoggle without heavy government and power company incentives. But with them, I'm getting the system for 50% off.

I believe the weight and placement of those batteries would make it nearly impossible to swap quickly. The batteries on a car are 1000 - 2000 lbs and placed on the floor. The whole EV is a complete scam that your gov is getting rich from. Biden's businesses are directly tied to China and South America's battery production. The amount of carbon produced to drive 1 mile in an EV compared to a petroleum vehicle is far more. If our emperors are doing it for your well-being, in the name of climate change, or anything else where they say they are "concerned" about making someone or something better (other than their financial gain) it's a fuckin lie and bullshit.
Where the fuck do you plug in a piece of shit electric car in the city? People don't have yards and most of the time you can't park in front of your little piece of shit 800 sq ft apartment. If you could, I would imagine a fuckin bum high on crack or heroin would have already fucked up your little piece of shit charging outlet.
For as much of a great idea and game changer this EV shit is I have yet to have it explained how it will work.

Yes, you need a place to charge it, and need to plan around charging. It's not for everybody. But for some people it's great. I think charging options will increase bit by bit
The real boondoggle was the whole biofuel racket of 20 years ago.
Whether EVs, especially Lithium battery EVs will look like that 20 years from now, I don't know.
I just know we love ours, it saves us thousands per year on fuel, is fun to drive, and requires almost no maintenance other than tires (they're hard on tires; especially if they're 2WD, since those 2 tires take the brunt of the braking).

This is all correct. Right now in the USA, Tesla and ONLY Tesla cars are capable of any sort of long distance (>100 miles) travel. They have invested in the charging network, it's all online connected and monitored and it just plain works. Many of the older ones are 50-150 kw but the newer ones are 250 and 350 kw. When we go from Northern to Southern Utah, we have to stop several times for about 20 minutes. Because of the kids, it's not a big deal.

But it's true: if you had an ICE, you could fill up once and blast down from SLC to St George at 90 MPH and be done with it. In our Tesla, we have to stop twice, and sometimes 3 times if it's cold and/or we have bikes on a hitch rack - that KILLS the efficiency of the thing, as does speeds over 75MPH.

That said, most of our driving is local. It's just nice to be able to go on long distance trips if we want to. With ANY OTHER EV available right now, you can't do that because you don't have the charging infrastructure in place.

To believe in the EV one must first believe there is a need.
The current one is Global warming/climate change.
The cat is out of the bag concerning running out of oil.
They had to vilify it's use to start a new scam.
The same people selling this idea told you that we were out of oil in the 70's.
If they were able to be competitive in the market they'd not need subsidies.
Listed above are the "tax credits" to make them more competitive.
I work with electrical delivery crews in my entire area.
The one thing left out of the EV equation is the mining of minerals to increase the electrical grid to deliver the load capacity.
Large transformers are 1 year to longer out after ordering.
Calling the biofuel policies a boondoggle is quite hilarious as we watch the latest version being sold by the same bunch.
I don't care if someone wants to have a plaid version to relive the drag racing of youth.
Not a dollar of my tax dollars should be supporting it.
Ironically people see virtue in the subsidies for EVs and berate them for AG.
I've noticed it depends on who's getting it.

R

Rocky Mountain Power is going to give me $14,400 in rebates for the batteries (two of these: https://www.fortresspower.com/products/evault-max-18-5kwh-lifepo-battery/) in exchange for being able to use them to balance out the grid during peak loads. For 4 years. They've done the math, and that's financially superior to the alternative ways of reinforcing the grid.

Everybody's a winner!

Reactions: 232593
To believe in the EV one must first believe there is a need.
The current one is Global warming/climate change.
The cat is out of the bag concerning running out of oil.
They had to vilify it's use to start a new scam.
The same people selling this idea told you that we were out of oil in the 70's.
If they were able to be competitive in the market they'd not need subsidies.
Listed above are the "tax credits" to make them more competitive.
I work with electrical delivery crews in my entire area.
The one thing left out of the EV equation is the mining of minerals to increase the electrical grid to deliver the load capacity.
Large transformers are 1 year to longer out after ordering.
Calling the biofuel policies a boondoggle is quite hilarious as we watch the latest version being sold by the same bunch.
I don't care if someone wants to have a plaid version to relive the drag racing of youth.
Not a dollar of my tax dollars should be supporting it.
Ironically people see virtue in the subsidies for EVs and berate them for AG.
I've noticed it depends on who's getting it.

R
Seems to go hand in hand with social credit scores and controlling where and when you go. It's already happening in other countries.
All vehicles by 2026 will be able to be disabled remotely..... I wonder why? That will be a fuckin shit show once that system gets hacked by some 17 year old computer genius. It will be entertaining though.
Just be sure to wear your fuckin mask and stay in your 15 minute city. "You will eat the bugs."

Rocky Mountain Power is going to give me $14,400 in rebates for the batteries (two of these: https://www.fortresspower.com/products/evault-max-18-5kwh-lifepo-battery/) in exchange for being able to use them to balance out the grid during peak loads. For 4 years. They've done the math, and that's financially superior to the alternative ways of reinforcing the grid.

Everybody's a winner!
That thing has 380AH of battery. Two of them 760AH. That's about 4k worth of LiFePO4 battery. Not sure how you're getting 14k of rebate on that. Oh well - probably slush fund money from the "inflation reduction act".

That thing has 380AH of battery. Two of them 760AH. That's about 4k worth of LiFePO4 battery. Not sure how you're getting 14k of rebate on that. Oh well - probably slush fund money from the "inflation reduction act".

EACH of those batteries is $10k and each requires a $6k inverter. Modern home battery systems consist in much much more than just Amp hours of storage, especially when they're integrated with the grid and remotely controlled by the power company. This is not the old string of lead acid deep cycles wired in series in the storage room.

In any case, if the $$$ there, wouldn't you take it?

Funny thing is, I get made fun of being a tree hugger all the time for this stuff by my gun-loving buddies.

Right up until a light bulb goes off in their head that says "go off the grid" - and suddenly their interest is piqued.... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 232593
Always about control...

The people who really control us are Meta/Facebook, google, microsoft, Amazon.

Which is why I smashed our Alexa, got off FB/Insta/Twitter, all that.

Amazon is milking Americans dry with a sophisticated army of psychologists, marketers, and computer engineers that maniuplate us with their algorithms minute by minute

Last edited:

Precisely It's called, No Proper Order Of Completion . That's because Government is basically a Whore, and public private enterprise that is successful is run by efficient Capitalism . It same as Oil and Water Will Never Mix ... LOL . A bunch of bureaucrats whoremongering for money projects. But the public Funds-$$$$ appropriated are spent-$ as they come with NO Proper Order of Completion for anything remotely resembling reality for success .

I have no argument with any of that.
If I pay the $30k to put a new battery in my EV, I would have a hard time swapping it out for someone else's that be at the end of its life span. This seems to be a good idea if you don't own the vehicle as in "you will own nothing and be happy". George Soros.

My argument is where does all of this power come from? We can put charging stations every 1|4 mile throughout the country, Throughout the world..... Make everything battery powered.
What makes the energy to charge this stuff is what no one is answering? A fuckin windmill? Fuckin solar panels?
Basically you would pay for the charge in the battery, not the battery itself. . You are not paying for a battery and replaceable batteries are not nearly as expensive or as large as the permanent batteries used now. So, no, you are not swapping out your brand new battery for a worn out battery, You get a charged battery when you take delivery. When it’s time to fill up, you go to the battery recharge station and pay for however many KW’s are in the battery being put in your vehicle.

EACH of those batteries is $10k and each requires a $6k inverter. Modern home battery systems consist in much much more than just Amp hours of storage, especially when they're integrated with the grid and remotely controlled by the power company. This is not the old string of lead acid deep cycles wired in series in the storage room.

In any case, if the $$$ there, wouldn't you take it?

Funny thing is, I get made fun of being a tree hugger all the time for this stuff by my gun-loving buddies.

Right up until a light bulb goes off in their head that says "go off the grid" - and suddenly their interest is piqued.... :)
That’s were some will fault you. No, we wouldn’t take it just because it’s there. In no way shape or form should tax payer dollars be used to fund the solar or EV industrial complex. That’s what it’s become a complex. Much like the military industrial complex.
It’s not free money. There is no free anything. I think you know that.

we all take something subsidized by the government at one point or another. Whether we know it or not.

Some just won't for the life of them admit it

we all take something subsidized by the government at one point or another. Whether we know it or not.

Some just won't for the life of them admit it
Accepting something like that isn’t the problem. The simple fact of anything being subsidized by gov is the problem

Basically you would pay for the charge in the battery, not the battery itself. . You are not paying for a battery and replaceable batteries are not nearly as expensive or as large as the permanent batteries used now. So, no, you are not swapping out your brand new battery for a worn out battery, You get a charged battery when you take delivery. When it’s time to fill up, you go to the battery recharge station and pay for however many KW’s are in the battery being put in your vehicle.
There was a post that said in some other country they were swapping out batteries.

Here's more "for your own safety".
Let me guess, this was probably a "youth" in his Challenger.
Interesting tidbit from the article,

“The NTSB says “the crash was caused by excessive speed, drug-impaired driving and Nevada’s failure to deter the driver’s speeding recidivism due to systemic deficiencies, despite numerous speeding citations.” In other words, authorities had the chance to take this driver’s license away, and didn’t.”

Another gov failure, what a surprise