• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Well, it looks like my rifle is in the batch that is currently being wrapped up, so hopefully I will receive it fairly soon. Then, of course, after it gets to my FFL and I sign the papers, it will spend ten days in California's gun purgatory before I can take it shooting.

If all goes well, I will have some first impression around middle of September.

ILya

That's good to hear!

I just wish they'd answer emails from prospective customers.

Well, it looks like my rifle is in the batch that is currently being wrapped up, so hopefully I will receive it fairly soon. Then, of course, after it gets to my FFL and I sign the papers, it will spend ten days in California's gun purgatory before I can take it shooting.

If all goes well, I will have some first impression around middle of September.

ILya

How do you know that yours is in the batch currently being wrapped up? I have not gotten any response to my last two emails to them in regard to my order status. My order was placed within minutes of the pre-order period starting and promptly paid for (several times). I would much rather get some kind of response even it is to say that we have to send guns out to all the "kool kids" first or there was a pre-order before the pre-order and so you just have to wait. I am starting to not buy the instagram posts that they are shipping constantly when the they are still showing rifles with serial numbers under 20.

How do you know that yours is in the batch currently being wrapped up? I have not gotten any response to my last two emails to them in regard to my order status. My order was placed within minutes of the pre-order period starting and promptly paid for (several times). I would much rather get some kind of response even it is to say that we have to send guns out to all the "kool kids" first or there was a pre-order before the pre-order and so you just have to wait. I am starting to not buy the instagram posts that they are shipping constantly when the they are still showing rifles with serial numbers under 20.

I do not think I am one of the cool kids. They don't know me from Adam.

I asked them and they said it is in the current batch. I also pre-ordered very early.

I have exactly zero insight into how many they shipped, to who and if there is any sort of a "cool kids" list (and if there is one, I doubt I am on it).

ILya

They are shipping gents.

Good day at the shop. Now the hard part.

IMG_0013.JPG

Gonna have to agree with what the others have said- SR-25 mags was a bad choice. AR-15 mags is a downright retarded choice. Way to seriously handicap the .223. The MAIN advantage to .223 in a bolt gun, in my mind, is being able to run long and heavy. If I'm stuck to AR mag length, I'll just run it in my AR.

"The Fix"... You'd think they'd have been able to AT LEAST come up with a multi-mag system... I mean, if RUGER managed to be innovative like that, you'd think something called "THE FIX" would have a FIX for mag length restrictions already factored in. But nope...

Question for those disappointed by the magazine choice... what are you shooting now? and if the Ruger offers what you want why not buy a Ruger?

Does Ruger even have an Instagram?

A 6 pound modular rifle with blue accents, AICS mags, 1/4" recoil pad and some serious Instagram/street cred would be awesome.

Question for those disappointed by the magazine choice... what are you shooting now? and if the Ruger offers what you want why not buy a Ruger?

AXMC, M24 w/AE MkI mag bottom metal, and Rem 700 w AICS bottom metal. Oh, and an OBR.

I'm not sure "the fix" offers much that I'm interested in, but for what they are trying to market this as, it would make sense to have some sort of multi-mag ability.

You don't sell rifles by saying "well if a different brand offers better options, but that". You sell rifles by saying "Ours is better because it can run any industry standard magazine, and it's only 6lbs!"

Simply put, they are claiming to be innovative, then they stick you with a magazine design 60 years old, that really puts a limit on your loads. What is innovative about that???

So I pre-ordered one, and really wasn't overly concerned about the mag choice. With the intention to run a 6.5 Creed and a 16" 308 barrel strictly as a suppressor host, the mag length isn't a problem.

Assuming the rifle doesn't suck, I'll probably get a 223 version too. You guys are shitting on AR mags, but I don't really get why? Are you all still running 223Ai's and fireforming everything? I went 224/6 Grendel with the 2.45" ASC mags a while ago and have never looked back. Selection of 223 AICS mags is hardly something to write home about anyways.

Of much much much more concern to me is logistics. My quote for a 6.5cm barrel was $675 for a steel barrel. I haven't heard a price on spare bolts yet, but I'm fearful it's going to be pretty spendy.

I think the real make it or break it is if we can easily get barrels and bolts for a reasonable price. I'm truthfully not encouraged by the current story of restricting at least barrels to "approved" gunsmiths via proprietary extension.

Last edited:
You think they'll do a Grendel bolt face for when you wanna shoot 80 vld's?

Through an approved gunsmith via proprietary extension maybe?

AXMC, M24 w/AE MkI mag bottom metal, and Rem 700 w AICS bottom metal. Oh, and an OBR.

I'm not sure "the fix" offers much that I'm interested in, but for what they are trying to market this as, it would make sense to have some sort of multi-mag ability.

You don't sell rifles by saying "well if a different brand offers better options, but that". You sell rifles by saying "Ours is better because it can run any industry standard magazine, and it's only 6lbs!"

Simply put, they are claiming to be innovative, then they stick you with a magazine design 60 years old, that really puts a limit on your loads. What is innovative about that???

I can get some of what you're saying.

I'm picking one up to replace my TRG and my AE MKII. I hardly ever shoot bolt guns anymore but if/when I do it would be awesome to have a lightweight rifle that I can configure with out a barrel wrench.

I thought about going the MRAD/AXMC/Ballista/Sako M10 route but for half the cost, half the weight in some cases, and not needing the magnum capability I'm happy with the Fix. I think its one of those which tool is right for the job kind of things.

I dunno; I'd hope. Otherwise it would be a somewhat spendy (though really cool) 300blk host. I personally already have enough 223's, so that alone wouldn't be enough of a draw for me.

The Grendel bolt face would open up a lot of possibility, It would be a shame if they didn't see it. Looking back at pictures from Recoil, the bolt itself should be an easy swap: [IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"The bolt carrier assembly can be taken apart with a punch and the bolt head swapped for different calibers.","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/2ht1mik98ka4dogie28vqc4y.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2016\/01\/RECP-170300-Q-024-675x450.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I would hope that pricing is in line with other similar looking arrangements, and offered direct from Q or retailers.

I've been thinking about a light little Grendel, that would be something that interests me.

The magazine choice is a bit of a downer, but not a deal breaker. I hadn't heard they are limiting barrel availability though. If I can't get a barrel fairly easily that's a no-go. What is their reasoning with doing that?

Dave

If they make one with the Grendel bolt face, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

223 bolt face is less interesting to me.

ILya

ILya

Well yeah, if you have to run AR mags a .22 Grendel is the way to go.

A buddy told me the other day his OAL with 110 SMK's in a 6 Creed was north of 2.820" to touch lands.

Good thing is, I hear bullets are gonna start getting shorter.

Honestly, I really like the Grendel as a 6.5mm. It flies fairly flat, has no kick and is pretty cheap to shoot. In a lightweight bolt action, it will be a great platform to teach my kids to shoot as they get a little older (and can be used for hunting just fine).

I have a Grendel AR that I use a lot and like it. I have been planning to build a bolt action chambered for the Grendel for quite some time, but if Q makes it, I'll just buy it.

ILya

Honestly, I really like the Grendel as a 6.5mm. It flies fairly flat, has no kick and is pretty cheap to shoot. In a lightweight bolt action, it will be a great platform to teach my kids to shoot as they get a little older (and can be used for hunting just fine).

I have a Grendel AR that I use a lot and like it. I have been planning to build a bolt action chambered for the Grendel for quite some time, but if Q makes it, I'll just buy it.

ILya

Any word yet on your rifle mate?

I've been travelling for a couple of weeks, so I am not sure where things are (a week in France and stuck in Obamaland now, until Friday). I'll figure out what's happening when I get home.

ILya

I don't see why the magazine choice matters that much. The SR25 mags are a good double stack design. I think La Rue mags allow up to 2.850 PAL.

My 260 Remington barrels are throated for right around 2.80 OAL with 142 Sierra Match Kings. I'm easily able to get 2850 to 2950fps while using a 26 inch barrel.

It seems like the Fix could do similar, and in a package that isn't a pain in the ass to carry around.

Other than lonestar boars have any been seen in the wild yet?

I didn't pre order but I'm interested in the rifle. Is wish they had gone 1/8 on the 308 barrel. Curious what one would weigh with a proof barrel.

Other than lonestar boars have any been seen in the wild yet?

I didn't pre order but I'm interested in the rifle. Is wish they had gone 1/8 on the 308 barrel. Curious what one would weigh with a proof barrel.

I chamber the barrels for Q. The standard 308 contour is pretty small. A Proof barrel would might weigh more than the all steel barrel.

I just canceled my paid in full preorder that was placed the beginning of May.

I think the rifle, or at least the ones I held and played with at the NRA show, were awesome. I'm sure Tooley's barrels shoot like lasers.

Dealing direct with the company--specifically emailing and then waiting sometimes a week or more to get a simple email reply back is partly why I canceled.

The other reason I canceled is their order fulfillment or whatever the fuck they are doing. I wouldn't be pissed if I didn't know for a fact they were sending other orders placed months later out ahead of the one I placed months earlier paid in full.

Case in point
I ordered a Full Nelson suppressor end of may, paid in full. Buddy orders first week in July. Guess who's suppressor shows up first? Other buddy orders middle July. All same model of suppressor. My suppressor didn't ship until I emailed them specifically asking why I was still waiting citing my buddy's ship time. Had I not called them out on it, I likely still would be waiting for it to ship.

Enjoy the waitlist fellas. You may or you may not be on it for a while...

I stopped at a local shop and they said they had ordered a few with matching numbered cans. They have the cans but no eta on rifles. 1xx sn range rifles.

The preorder started on February 1st and I ordered mine on February 9th and have not seen my rifle yet. I purchased their mystery shirt on August 30th so maybe I could win a silencer and I wanted a t-shirt, I have not even received my t-shirt.I emailed them September 19th and I am still waiting on a response to either one of these issues.

Now, I did get a response when I asked to add the 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and Jessica said it was added to my order and that she would charge me for the barrel when the rifle ships.

So almost 8 months and I am still waiting.

The preorder started on February 1st and I ordered mine on February 9th and have not seen my rifle yet. I purchased their mystery shirt on August 30th so maybe I could win a silencer and I wanted a t-shirt, I have not even received my t-shirt.I emailed them September 19th and I am still waiting on a response to either one of these issues.

Now, I did get a response when I asked to add the 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and Jessica said it was added to my order and that she would charge me for the barrel when the rifle ships.

So almost 8 months and I am still waiting.

I also inquired about adding an additional barrel to my order and was quoted $750 for it. How much did they charge you? Im asking because someone else in the thread said they told him $650.

I was told $750 as well for 16" light 308. I preordered Feb 1 and still waiting, so they are a "bit" late... To be honest I expected them to be late, it seems like in this industry it is rare to see on time deliveries. What bugs most people is the lack of communication. I think just by answering emails and/or providing periodic updates they would make most customers feel better.

Is it bad that I'm 100 times more interested in if the Raccoon from their suppressor box can be made into a tshirt, than I am about the rifle?

I chamber the barrels for Q. The standard 308 contour is pretty small. A Proof barrel would might weigh more than the all steel barrel.

Hi Dave - any chance he will chamber for 6 creedmoor - Kevin indicated he would ...

I was told $750 as well for 16" light 308. I preordered Feb 1 and still waiting, so they are a "bit" late... To be honest I expected them to be late, it seems like in this industry it is rare to see on time deliveries. What bugs most people is the lack of communication. I think just by answering emails and/or providing periodic updates they would make most customers feel better.

Lets hope its not MDR late - i.e. 2,5 years later - or MPX late ... oh wait who was at Sig and likely learnt this bad habit?

A little communications goes a long way with customers even if they tell you 3 more months, at least you know.

I finally got a response back from Q after doing some after doing some creative attention getting and Jess said she would talk to Adam who is more into the day to day operations to get me an update.

I want to see more real world user reviews. How are you guys getting on with your Fix’s?

Surely there are a few members who own one of these rifles. With the amount of social media advertising I would expect these to be readily available by now.

Hi Dave - any chance he will chamber for 6 creedmoor - Kevin indicated he would ...

Sorry I've been moving. All consuming moving the shop. The end is in sight. I haven't talked to Kevin in a while but I would expect an offering of additional calibers that would cover everyone's needs.

Sorry I've been moving. All consuming moving the shop. The end is in sight. I haven't talked to Kevin in a while but I would expect an offering of additional calibers that would cover everyone's needs.

So if you have been moving does that mean no barrels have been chambered for a while?

If this is the case it would be no wonder they still aren’t fulfilling initial orders.