• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Short stroking? really? You have to be kidding....I have never "short stroked" a bolt action in my life.

I'm sure YOUR fix feeds just fine but it's pretty obvious that this is not the case for some owners.

as an FYI cause I am not sure if you read all the posts in this thread, Some people were having some issues with short stroking. to Some people there was a bit more space between the end of the mag well and back of the stroke as compared to other rifles...

if possible I would try to find a local user and try to isolate issues. switch bolts and see what happens, switch barrels if possible, etc.

as an FYI cause I am not sure if you read all the posts in this thread, Some people were having some issues with short stroking. to Some people there was a bit more space between the end of the mag well and back of the stroke as compared to other rifles...

if possible I would try to find a local user and try to isolate issues. switch bolts and see what happens, switch barrels if possible, etc.

Yes could be worth doing a bolt swap to see what happens, but really Q should step up and aknowladge the feeding issues people are having and do something about it.

:ROFLMAO:
Getting upset there 70? you better go "short stroke" yourself to relieve the stress. haha what a derp.

Dude, go @uck yourself. There are people much smarter than me in this thread. I was only offering up a basic checking point and you turned it into a dick measuring contest. I could care less who you are or what you think.

Yes could be worth doing a bolt swap to see what happens, but really Q should step up and aknowladge the feeding issues people are having and do something about it.

I would tend to agree. But where you are I would try to understand the situation more. I have found mine doesnt like cheap metal mags. So far the pmag seems to work well for me. (Don’t have larue mags, would love to try them but ain’t spending that coin on them)

I hear you, I wish it ran with pmags. I have tried about 7 or 8 some well used some fresh out of the plastic but the result was the same. Going to try a bolt swap at my local dealer as he has a fix in stock and is willing to try it out.

Try KAC mags. There's a guy in the PX that has some 20 rounders for $65 which is a deal. They run the best, both of my Fix's fed like butter with them.

Anyone have q sling attachment? I put mine on today, screw stripped at slightest bit of tension. Any tips on getting it out? Figure I can find a replacement screw although the coloring/finish is different

Every time I check out this thread it’s a combo of guys cussing at each other and others complaining the gun not working right. Not sure what to think of this. Perhaps the gun has everyone angry and that’s what all the fuss is about.

What’s the fix?

I am new to reloading so just assume I know nothing but I have fix in 6.5 creed. Would anyone be willing to share their load data to give me some type of benchmark. also seems like my mag won’t allow me to reach the lands is that the case for everyone or am I measuring wrong?

I am new to reloading so just assume I know nothing but I have fix in 6.5 creed. Would anyone be willing to share their load data to give me some type of benchmark. also seems like my mag won’t allow me to reach the lands is that the case for everyone or am I measuring wrong?

I have an older box of Hornady factory ammo. They used to print load data on the box to mimic factory ammo. They list 41.5 gr of H4350, Federal 210M primer. COAL 2.810". 2700 FPS out of a 24" barrel. Every rifle is different, but I think that's a safe starting point. Work up your load data from there.

I would check the reload depot on here. Only issue with oal is pmag length. I just load to mag length and go

Finally got my Proof cf 16.5“ 6.5 creedmore out a couple weeks ago. Fantastic, and makes the creedmore like the 16.5 308. Great handling. Just got to dump the 22” steel it came with. next outing shooting for groups.

Reactions: claytonm
With every one installing a 16" there should be plenty around.

Every time I check out this thread it’s a combo of guys cussing at each other and others complaining the gun not working right. Not sure what to think of this. Perhaps the gun has everyone angry and that’s what all the fuss is about.

What’s the fix?

Everyone else is out shooting their rifles that are working fine and not on here complaining, would be my guess.

Mine has been running fine, though I wish I had an unlimited ammo budget, haha.

Sorry for the question a little unrelated to the Fix here, but is there a way to automatically/programatically watch the PX for keywords "ie, auto search for "Fix barrel" or something)?

Sorry for the question a little unrelated to the Fix here, but is there a way to automatically/programatically watch the PX for keywords "ie, auto search for "Fix barrel" or something)?
What are you looking for?

Sorry guys, I didn't want to turn this into a buy/sell thing as I think that's pretty frowned on outside of the PX - was mostly looking for tips in my search, but thanks for the replies.

Why send it to your FFL? Isn't it factory repair? Can they not send it directly back to you?

how is it grouping?
Better than I can shoot that’s for sure. I really like the lightweight and shorter length, but no doubt the 22” steel would add some stability, but I have bigger heavier guns if I want that kind of length. Super handy and the carbon fiber is just bad ass. Just waiting on replacing my full Nelson with a trash panda when the paperwork clears. Of course I may get a jumbo shrimp as well.

Attachments

• 23A9394C-3AE6-4691-8097-E78A434C482B.jpeg
    23A9394C-3AE6-4691-8097-E78A434C482B.jpeg
    527.1 KB · Views: 122
So I got a 308 barrel for my fix, mounted it but never shot it. Debating going back to the 22in creed...

not sure what to do

Hopefully it gets to you. Let us know once you get it, what they did to it and if it feeds reliably now (even if you run the bolt slow).

They sent me the wrong tracking number. Picked it up today. Rezero'd just before dark.

Initial impression is that feeding is night and day different. Loaded a handful of rounds in a Larue mag and fed fine where they wouldn't even hit the feedramp before.

They installed the new cocking pieces to reduce bolt lift but I'm not sure I'm a fan of how easily the handle will lift now, cocked on a closed bolt. Having a round chambered should tighten it up but will have to check further.

New sn is 10xx so I guess I'm not a OG anymore.

I’ve had my fix for a while now and never had a problem. I recently swapped barrels from the 22” to the 16” 6.5cm. The new barrel is awesome, makes the gun feel the way it should and grouped great. After not shooting it for a few months I grabbed it out of the safe to cycle it and the bolt is insanely stiff. Like stuck stuff. I can cycle it but it feels like I’m about to break something. Has anyone experienced this? I don’t think it’s the new barrel because it was fine when I installed it and sighted in. I emailed Q to see what they think. The only explanation I can think of is being cold in the safe shrunk up some tight tolerances?? but that seems pretty crazy to me. Any help would be appreciated

I’ve had my fix for a while now and never had a problem. I recently swapped barrels from the 22” to the 16” 6.5cm. The new barrel is awesome, makes the gun feel the way it should and grouped great. After not shooting it for a few months I grabbed it out of the safe to cycle it and the bolt is insanely stiff. Like stuck stuff. I can cycle it but it feels like I’m about to break something. Has anyone experienced this? I don’t think it’s the new barrel because it was fine when I installed it and sighted in. I emailed Q to see what they think. The only explanation I can think of is being cold in the safe shrunk up some tight tolerances?? but that seems pretty crazy to me. Any help would be appreciated

Did you re-lube it? Existing lube may have run out sitting in storage.

Just outta curiosity, what kinda velocity are you guys getting with the 6.5 with a 16" barrel?

Just outta curiosity, what kinda velocity are you guys getting with the 6.5 with a 16" barrel?
I haven’t chrono’d mine yet but I’m hoping to get a load @2550 ish with 143 eldx, might try to work up a load with the 127 lrx as well. Check out the shorty rifles thread, there’s a ton of load data on shorter guns 16-20”

What’s the fix?

lol on page 85.

I haven’t chrono’d mine yet but I’m hoping to get a load @2550 ish with 143 eldx, might try to work up a load with the 127 lrx as well. Check out the shorty rifles thread, there’s a ton of load data on shorter guns 16-20”

from my experience I would skip the 143. It doesn’t open up well. I would focus on the lighter bullets with a shorter barrel