• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

I plan on trying out my new Comp Elec DLX chrono with my 16” 1:7 6.5 Fix with 140g ELD Match. Never used a chrono before so it should be a fun time, lol.

from my experience I would skip the 143. It doesn’t open up well. I would focus on the lighter bullets with a shorter barrel
I appreciate the tip, I’ve had good luck with the eldx so far but have heard from others to be weary. 3 bucks and an elk in the last few years and all have expanded. I think I’m going to look at the 127lrx and maybe another in that weight range. Any suggestions for a good target/hunting bullet?

Q just called me Friday to take final payment for their Jan 2018 minifix --- so got a 22" 224v minifix rifle and a 300BO minifix pistol incoming ... should have them both this week

I will let you know when they get here, i heard the same for the JP 22" 224V but mine shot .25 moa with the 90 SMKs.

Reactions: White Mamba
Just for an update, I contacted Q with an email explaining what’s going on. They were very responsive and sent me a shipping label almost right away. Both barrels and the rifle are on the way over, I’m pretty confident they are gonna take care of me.

Reactions: Mattiejay6
Awful quiet in here lately. Corona beer flu?

I have some rounds to load after getting my rifle back from Q. I bought a Labrador Chrono with a buddy, and I am going to see if I am still having the heavy bolt lift issues.Q basically said they didn’t see a problem and Imay he loading the rounds too hot. I figure I will load up some mild rounds, and shoot some factory ammo with a Chrono to help verify that they aren’t super hot kids and see what happens.

I took my Fix 6.5CM 22 inch barrel to a Precision rifle course last week and shot out to 1000 yards. I was one of a few that completed the “Milk Jug Challenge” which is hitting the milk jug size steel target at 1000 yards, it took me five shots. Used Hornady MATCH ELD 140gr.

I also took the fix out yesterday and set up steel targets with some friends from 350 to 870 yards up a long hill. I was able to get first round hits on all of the steel out to 870 yards. Used cheap S&B 140 gr FMJ.

I now have several hundred rounds through my fix and I have found that it does not feed reliably with any PMAGs, you will have feed issues as the mag can tilt forward and fail to feed (I have tried 10, 20 and 25 rounders). It does feed 100% with 20 round hexmags, lancer mags, and DPMS steel mags.

I love this rifle. Considering a 20” proof carbon barrel but don’t want to mess with a winning combination.

I will also add that the best mod to my rifle is replacing the Magpul K grip to the MPA vertical grip with trigger finger shelf, it greatly improved my trigger squeeze and consistentcy.

Attachments

• 82CC326B-E718-4C7F-AD57-B0ABA610F308.jpeg
    82CC326B-E718-4C7F-AD57-B0ABA610F308.jpeg
    511.6 KB · Views: 1,623
  • 9EE48042-FCE1-4D49-8C11-918F905DE9F8.jpeg
    9EE48042-FCE1-4D49-8C11-918F905DE9F8.jpeg
    456 KB · Views: 1,648
Just mounted up the new Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15X50... haven't had a chance to zero it in yet, but the glass is super clear and the weight to rifle ratio now seems perfect with this scope. Had a Vudu 5-25x50 on it and the weight balance just didnt feel right to me.

Attachments

• IMG_5046.jpg
    IMG_5046.jpg
    759.8 KB · Views: 271
Reactions: sodakhunter
i got my 300 BO pistol minifix and the 224v minifix during lockdown - both sitting in their box :(

I am torn on the mini to be honest... a 300bo bolt pistol seems like a novelty (I would get a badger) and the 224v is not bad but could be so much more with aics mags.

but I am glad you got yours. Looks like a lot are moving through the shop according to insta

I am torn on the mini to be honest... a 300bo bolt pistol seems like a novelty (I would get a badger) and the 224v is not bad but could be so much more with aics mags.

but I am glad you got yours. Looks like a lot are moving through the shop according to insta

You know I have the same thought.. however the shiz factor of just having it to be able throw in a backpack seems all to cool.. what market does it really fall in to though? not sure what the purpose of it would be for my practical use..

I asked this question in a different thread, but thought I’d ask here as well. Does anyone know the thread size and pitch of the external threads on a cherry bomb break?

You know I have the same thought.. however the shiz factor of just having it to be able throw in a backpack seems all to cool.. what market does it really fall in to though? not sure what the purpose of it would be for my practical use..
Thats the beautiful thing. I don’t have to understand it...if people want it, have at it

Reactions: Mattiejay6
q Took care of my stuck/sticky bolt. They paid shipping both ways, got it back in about 2 weeks. It’s better now than when it was new. Can’t complain with that!

I’ve had my Mini since Christmas and I’m very happy with it, worth the wait for sure. My wife and 12 yo love to shoot it and that was the plan for it all along

I was told 3/4 MOA when they shipped and it’s all of that if not better with 88 ELDM. It’s light out with factory Hornady 60 VMAX as well so I’m a happy camper. It does not like Hornady 75 Black BTHPs but I’m ok with that, haven’t shot any Federals or 90s

It has killed a couple yotes and a bunch of ground squirrels at 300yd+ which isn’t easy at all. That alone is nothing to shake a stick at, those little bastards are small so I’m convinced it’s better than the 3/4 MOA with the 60s

My only gripe is lack of availablity of the 6,5 Grendel barrel/bolt from Q at this moment. I’m seriously looking for a 6mmx6.8 custom barrel for my sons deer hunt and the overall weight is a little higher than I think is perfect for a hunting rig.Part of that is the K318i which may get moved for various reasons not related specifically to the Mini

Overall, it’s a shooter and a fine piece of hardware.

looks good...224 is tempting. Almost got one, but holding out for 6 arc now.

glad you liked it!

i am almost Ready to pull the trigger on a gen 3 vortex for my 308 fix

Happiness is a cold bore shot going where you want it to. The fix has been good in that regard with both the 6.5 and 308 barrels. 143eldx/h4350 and 178eldx/varget loads. The last time the 308 barrel was on I smacked a boar at 450 in the middle of the night and then a center punched 750 on steel. Before today I only put 5rds through the 6.5 since getting it back with the new receiver. 4 to rezero and one on a 300yd coyote pup a few nights ago.

Today I just happened to prop up at 675 and let 2 fly based off my dope card only. Wind was off a little. It has been overcast so I couldn't actually make out the steel with the thermal.

Feeding is definitely night and day different from before.
68EB0727-F381-48AA-8892-05867CD838D0.jpeg
FF5B6957-33AE-442D-9E26-AEA12BB08C90.jpeg

That is good to hear. I sent my fix off the Q almost a week ago to have the feeding issue resolved. I am hoping that its works when I get it back. I really do love the gun.

That is good to hear. I sent my fix off the Q almost a week ago to have the feeding issue resolved. I am hoping that its works when I get it back. I really do love the gun.

Awesome. Dying to hear back whether the fix anything or simply send it back. If they fix it, it would almost have to be a new receiver with tighter magwell tolerances.

Happiness is a cold bore shot going where you want it to. The fix has been good in that regard with both the 6.5 and 308 barrels. 143eldx/h4350 and 178eldx/varget loads. The last time the 308 barrel was on I smacked a boar at 450 in the middle of the night and then a center punched 750 on steel. Before today I only put 5rds through the 6.5 since getting it back with the new receiver. 4 to rezero and one on a 300yd coyote pup a few nights ago.

Today I just happened to prop up at 675 and let 2 fly based off my dope card only. Wind was off a little. It has been overcast so I couldn't actually make out the steel with the thermal.

Feeding is definitely night and day different from before.

Sorry if I missed earlier details - so Q replaced your receiver? Did it end up needing to go back to you via an FFL or is there some process where they are able to reissue you the same serial or whatnot? Never had to have a receiver replaced by mfg so was just curious on the process.

Reactions: Rootshot
Sorry if I missed earlier details - so Q replaced your receiver? Did it end up needing to go back to you via an FFL or is there some process where they are able to reissue you the same serial or whatnot? Never had to have a receiver replaced by mfg so was just curious on the process.
Yep new receiver. Had to go through an FFL but they offered to pay for transfer fee.

Did you just complete the online form or talk to them to get this set up? Send back the whole rifle or only the receiver?
I emailed several times and they pointed me to the online form. I stayed adamant and specific about the feeding issues in emails while they had it. Sent the whole rifle back.

Reactions: Rootshot
OK. Filled out the form. Attached a video clip illustrating the feed problem. One email clarification request from them afterwards. They then immediately sent me a prepaid FedEX label via email. Just got back from dropping it off. Can't complain about how easy and painless the RMA process was.

after spending a few hours on here reading I am very disappointed in my purchase. I bought my fix about two months ago and it has been inoperable more than I can shoot it. Right away my bolt was extremely rough and was a pain to operate. So I contacted Q and they sent over a shipping label for my bolt which took 7 days to ship there, and then they had it another 3 weeks with no response. On Easter I commented something on their Instagram post how my Easter would be better if I was shooting my fix and it wasn’t getting fixed. Well I noticed they removed my comment and so I posted it again and guess what, they blocked me. So I reached out to Tori at Q and she got my bolt fixed and shipped out to me the next day. Now that I finally got my bolt here and went to go shoot it for only the second time I am having extreme failures to feed. I’m not sure I have got a pmag that came with the gun to function fully without jamming yet. It is the same problem a lot of people are having and even if I run the bolt fast it does it and will even dent or scrape my brass. I am at an extremely loss and anger over this 3k rifle. At this point I don’t even know what to do. If I could return my gun and get my money back I would, this gun is not worth the extreme hassle and problems. That is just my opinion. Thanks for the info on here guys.

Attachments

• 35032C33-1096-47C5-A7FE-8AF058F9663E.jpeg
    35032C33-1096-47C5-A7FE-8AF058F9663E.jpeg
    418.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Angry
Reactions: Sniperwannabee
after spending a few hours on here reading I am very disappointed in my purchase. I bought my fix about two months ago and it has been inoperable more than I can shoot it. Right away my bolt was extremely rough and was a pain to operate. So I contacted Q and they sent over a shipping label for my bolt which took 7 days to ship there, and then they had it another 3 weeks with no response. On Easter I commented something on their Instagram post how my Easter would be better if I was shooting my fix and it wasn’t getting fixed. Well I noticed they removed my comment and so I posted it again and guess what, they blocked me. So I reached out to Tori at Q and she got my bolt fixed and shipped out to me the next day. Now that I finally got my bolt here and went to go shoot it for only the second time I am having extreme failures to feed. I’m not sure I have got a pmag that came with the gun to function fully without jamming yet. It is the same problem a lot of people are having and even if I run the bolt fast it does it and will even dent or scrape my brass. I am at an extremely loss and anger over this 3k rifle. At this point I don’t even know what to do. If I could return my gun and get my money back I would, this gun is not worth the extreme hassle and problems. That is just my opinion. Thanks for the info on here guys.

I get your frustrations and in the past have posted some knee jerk comments on some q social media posts. It doesn't generally motivate them to want to help you though.

Is yours 308 or 6.5?
Meplats too low to hit the feedramp or not entering the chamber? Bolt slipping past the rim?

Have you only tried the pmags? I could be wrong but from reading come comments almost seems as if the earlier receiver have more issues with metallic mags vs pmags while the newer ones are opposite. I haven't tried pmags with my new receiver because of oal issues.

I get your frustrations and in the past have posted some knee jerk comments on some q social media posts. It doesn't generally motivate them to want to help you though.

Is yours 308 or 6.5?
Meplats too low to hit the feedramp or not entering the chamber? Bolt slipping past the rim?

Have you only tried the pmags? I could be wrong but from reading come comments almost seems as if the earlier receiver have more issues with metallic mags vs pmags while the newer ones are opposite. I haven't tried pmags with my new receiver because of oal issues.
I wasn’t even belligerent on their social media, they just cannot stand true criticism and it shows. My rifle is a 6.5 and I have only tried the original two pmags that came with the rifle. I have not had the chance to try different mags, or even put Velcro in it but there is no way I should need to on a 3k gun. Mine is a 300+ serial number. And mine doesn’t enter the chamber and seems to jam the bullet. I need to get a video of it happening. But it sounds identical to other guys issue in this thread.

I wasn’t even belligerent on their social media, they just cannot stand true criticism and it shows. My rifle is a 6.5 and I have only tried the original two pmags that came with the rifle. I have not had the chance to try different mags, or even put Velcro in it but there is no way I should need to on a 3k gun. Mine is a 300+ serial number. And mine doesn’t enter the chamber and seems to jam the bullet. I need to get a video of it happening. But it sounds identical to other guys issue in this thread.
What bullet and oal? I think I remember someone having issues with 129/130 class bullets but not the specifics of it

If you disagree with the propaganda machine, you will be censored. I'd be disgusted with that kind of behavior from a company that I just forked over 3K too.

Reactions: claytonm
If you disagree with the propaganda machine, you will be censored. I'd be disgusted with that kind of behavior from a company that I just forked over 3K too.

I have found that PMAGS are terrible in the Q, feed issues in my 22” 6.5 rifle about 20% of the time. I have tossed the PMAGS and only use Lancer, DPMS steel or Hexmags (.308 Hexmags are only $12-$15 and work 100%).

this pic is from shooting in the desert last weekend.

2488C683-EE73-4ACE-B128-CD796232B27A.jpeg