• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

I messaged them on this very issue with my 6.5CM recently and the response I received was “You need to run the Fix faster than older bolt guns.” Not saying I agree or disagree with this being an acceptable response. Just stating what I was told directly from Q.

I love the rifle and it is my favorite gun to shoot out of all that I own so I’m not going to let that ruin it for me. However, I would have almost rather The Fix utilize a proprietary mag that eliminated this situation than use a common SR25 mag.

I tried the velcro strip in the mag well, but it bothered me knowing it was there. Would love to know if anyone has the rifle can run the bolt fairly slow like a more traditional rifle and have the fix feed reliably or if this is just inherent to a somewhat universal fit mag in a bolt gun issue.

I run the bolt every which way in mine and have zero issues. Runs like a sewing machine. I use KAC 10rd mags

I messaged them on this very issue with my 6.5CM recently and the response I received was “You need to run the Fix faster than older bolt guns.” Not saying I agree or disagree with this being an acceptable response. Just stating what I was told directly from Q.

I love the rifle and it is my favorite gun to shoot out of all that I own so I’m not going to let that ruin it for me. However, I would have almost rather The Fix utilize a proprietary mag that eliminated this situation than use a common SR25 mag.

I tried the velcro strip in the mag well, but it bothered me knowing it was there. Would love to know if anyone has the rifle can run the bolt fairly slow like a more traditional rifle and have the fix feed reliably or if this is just inherent to a somewhat universal fit mag in a bolt gun issue.
Mine is there now to see if they can straighten it out. It's been a week and a half but I haven't got an update. With some mags bullet tips hit below the feed ramps. 20 round mags greatly exxagerate it. Unusable for the most part. Running the bolt hard only tries to set the bullet back and maybe, sometimes, it will jump up on the ramp and load. Velcro in the magwell for me corrects the tip/ramp alignment but then I get bolt over base issues as the rear of the round kicks down while entering the chamber.

The magwell could be a little tighter but then pmags might not drop free.
The mag could sit higher but there doesn't seem like much room for that.
I think deeper feed ramps like an m4 could take care of my issues at least.

Somewhere quite a few pages back I thought someone mentioned seeing an ig post or something from q that they changed some dimensions on the receiver to take care of the mag issues.

Attachments

• 78B3B672-C48E-4AFA-BEDA-CDEEA18539F9.jpeg
    78B3B672-C48E-4AFA-BEDA-CDEEA18539F9.jpeg
    351 KB · Views: 177
  • 6C686925-B986-4A70-843E-D275B5AD9111.jpeg
    6C686925-B986-4A70-843E-D275B5AD9111.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Mine is there now to see if they can straighten it out. It's been a week and a half but I haven't got an update. With some mags bullet tips hit below the feed ramps. 20 round mags greatly exxagerate it. Unusable for the most part. Running the bolt hard only tries to set the bullet back and maybe, sometimes, it will jump up on the ramp and load. Velcro in the magwell for me corrects the tip/ramp alignment but then I get bolt over base issues as the rear of the round kicks down while entering the chamber.

Somewhere quite a few pages back I thought someone mentioned seeing an ig post or something from q that they changed some dimensions on the receiver to take care of the mag issues.

keep me posted on your situation. I’ll make my decision to pursue this further depending on how they handle yours. If they don’t fix yours I see no reason why they will fix mine.

I was an early adopter, my SN is in the 290’s
6.5 Creedmoor
Glad your’s runs smooth. I built mine at Q last spring. If I knew for certain the KAC mag would solve the problem I would gladly buy 2. But I don’t want to drop that much on mags to have the same problem. 2 P mags and 2 L7 mags and they all do the same thing.

Reactions: Hondo1
Glad your’s runs smooth. I built mine at Q last spring. If I knew for certain the KAC mag would solve the problem I would gladly buy 2. But I don’t want to drop that much on mags to have the same problem. 2 P mags and 2 L7 mags and they all do the same thing.

For what little I ran mine with the P-mag it did fine, I switched to the KAC so I could increase my c.o.a.l a little.

Mine is in 22x range. 308 seems to feed a little better than 6.5. I assume the extra little bit of case taper presents the tip of the round just a little higher. Pmags seem to feed a little better because they fit the magwell a little tighter maybe. My 6.5 load ended up at 2.85" oal so pmags are a no go.

Awaiting my fix to get here, been a long time coming. . Purchased 2nd hand, pretty much brand new. Question - what are most running as far as glass? I'm wanting to have some power to stretch it out but still wanting advantage of light setup.

Awaiting my fix to get here, been a long time coming. . Purchased 2nd hand, pretty much brand new. Question - what are most running as far as glass? I'm wanting to have some power to stretch it out but still wanting advantage of light setup.

I run a Mark 5 3.6-18. Between size and weight I feel that it is the perfect fit.

LOL...yea I've got a 7-35 on one of my tanks. Anybody try the nx8 2.5-20?

That one was on my wishlist but then the apparent issues with edge distortion and dof have given me pause. I had an amg on mine but got rid of it in favor of something shorter and with more fov on the bottom end. When/if I get it back I'm going to try a 5-25 Vudu.

Reactions: TipToeTango
Just ran a full 10 rounds through my pmag. Home loaded 140gr eld-m. Slow and didn’t have one issue. Proof barrel

my serial number is 0059....

If I knew how to post a video I would.

something I don’t like is how easy the bolt lifts once cocked. You have to make sure it is fully down before taking a shot.

Just ran a full 10 rounds through my pmag. Home loaded 140gr eld-m. Slow and didn’t have one issue. Proof barrel

my serial number is 0059....

If I knew how to post a video I would.

something I don’t like is how easy the bolt lifts once cocked. You have to make sure it is fully down before taking a shot.

interesting. My serial is 0332 and whatever barrel maker they went with after B/T. If I run mine slow the brass lip hangs on the bottom of the feed ramp.

Reactions: Scotch_egg

If yours consistently won't feed with a pmag you may be in luck as apparently that's about all they care that it works with. They don't seem to have a single sr25 mag to test in their sr25 mag pattern rifle.

This looks a lot like my old savage. Cases would get stuck on the boltface about 1/2 way into the chamber. As far as shimming the magwell, instead of using velcro, would a thin strip of this work better? https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-plastic-sheets

Why are people accepting this shimming crap? This is a $3,500 gun. Call Q and send it back, if it's a design flaw then they need to fix (no pun) it. Simple as that.

Reactions: Superjet
Why are people accepting this shimming crap? This is a $3,500 gun. Call Q and send it back, if it's a design flaw then they need to fix (no pun) it. Simple as that.

I think part of the issue is that Q really hasn’t acknowledged it is a “design flaw.” They typically just state that you need to run the bolt faster.

Well, I don't have any issues with mine. I have roughly 500 rounds on a 6.5 CM with a 22" BT barrel. I do plan on getting a Sig Cross to do a SxS comparison. I think the Q products are way over priced for what you get (KB douche bagery and drama included).

That's what I did and unless I got the wrong impression from the email they don't give a shit if it doesn't feed from sr25 mags. Pmags are their standard.

That's what I did and unless I got the wrong impression from the email they don't give a shit if it doesn't feed from sr25 mags. Pmags are their standard.

The Pmag that came with mine does the same thing. Has there been ANY success stories of people sending theirs back and having it come back fixed?

The Pmag that came with mine does the same thing. Has there been ANY success stories of people sending theirs back and having it come back fixed?

I know folks have sent bolts and/or rifles in for bolt lift but idk if anyone has gotten a resolution for the feeding issues. I haven't heard anything more from them on mine.

My fix in 6.5 is failing to feed about 20% of rounds from pmags among other issues and they don't care, running the bolt fast does nothing but damage the brass. Will never purchase another Q product.

Reactions: PFG and Gjb89
Yeah tried 143grn eldx , 147 eldm, 129 barnes vortex and 130 powerpoints all factory. Does not seem to make a difference.

Be sure you're not short stroking your bolt (not pulling the bolt back far enough to engage the rim of the new round)? If not then I have nothing more to offer.

FWIW...I have never had any feed or extraction issues with mine and I do not run the bolt fast or quick as Q has suggested. I just make sure I run the action smooth. My magazines are PMag and Larue.

Be sure you're not short stroking your bolt (not pulling the bolt back far enough to engage the rim of the new round)? If not then I have nothing more to offer.

FWIW...I have never had any feed or extraction issues with mine and I do not run the bolt fast or quick as Q has suggested. I just make sure I run the action smooth. My magazines are PMag and Larue.
It's the same thing as mine. It's not a short stroke issue. As the round is coming out of the mag sometimes the case head slips underneath the bolt lugs or feet. Similar appearance to short stroking the bolt.

Larue mags work in yours? They're a solid no in mine. Basically 0% functionality unless I hold the mag up and forward. The meplats or plastic tips basically just jam into the inside of the magwell right below the feedramps. "Running the bolt hard" only serves to jam the bullet down in the case.

Magwell is too loose and let's the mag sag at the front.
Feedramps need to be more like m4 style.
Mag sits too low.

It's one or a combination of these issues with mine.

It's the same thing as mine. It's not a short stroke issue. As the round is coming out of the mag sometimes the case head slips underneath the bolt lugs or feet. Similar appearance to short stroking the bolt.

Larue mags work in yours? They're a solid no in mine. Basically 0% functionality unless I hold the mag up and forward. The meplats or plastic tips basically just jam into the inside of the magwell right below the feedramps. "Running the bolt hard" only serves to jam the bullet down in the case.

Magwell is too loose and let's the mag sag at the front.
Feedramps need to be more like m4 style.
Mag sits too low.

It's one or a combination of these issues with mine.

What serial are you #000 #1** #2** etc

Short stroking? really? You have to be kidding....I have never "short stroked" a bolt action in my life.

I'm sure YOUR fix feeds just fine but it's pretty obvious that this is not the case for some owners.

Short stroking? really? You have to be kidding....I have never "short stroked" a bolt action in my life.

I'm sure YOUR fix feeds just fine but it's pretty obvious that this is not the case for some owners.

That's a "tool" comment. I don't see you offering up any suggestions.

Reactions: Wyoming8541
That's a "tool" comment. I don't see you offering up any suggestions.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but saying that the issue could be caused by "short stroking" the bolt implies that I don't even know how to actually cycle the action correctly. It's not helpful in the slightest. Here is my theory: the mag well is out of spec.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but saying that the issue could be caused by "short stroking" the bolt implies that I don't even know how to actually cycle the action correctly. It's not helpful in the slightest. Here is my theory: the mag well is out of spec.

I never said it was the issue. I was only making a comment to check the obvious. Nothing surprises me any more. Mag well is out of spec by what standard? What is spec?

I never said it was the issue. I was only making a comment to check the obvious. Nothing surprises me any more. Mag well is out of spec by what standard? What is spec?

Out of spec in this case would be that it doesn't function based on too much slop in the magwell. Q built it based on a plan, clearly some rifles are not following that plan or "Spec". It's not difficult.

Reactions: Lupercal
Out of spec in this case would be that it doesn't function based on too much slop in the magwell. Q built it based on a plan, clearly some rifles are not following that plan or "Spec". It's not difficult.

Probably built on Monday or Friday, who knows.