• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

I paid a premium for my rifle thinking it had a bartlien barrel in it. They've been advertised as having bartlien's from the beginning. It comes in and has a green mountain barrel.... for the same price.

Too bad. Take that for what you will.

So what was the driver for Q to change from the from the original Bartlien barrel offereing to the Green Mountain barrel? Specs? Delivery? Other?

Reactions: Bender
Just got my first deer with the creed using eld x. Dang that’s a bullet. Great performance through the lungs. If I can’t get a 7mm that chambers well I will either move to 308 or stick with creed but I want to go shorter. I wish eld x was made in a 130ish for shorter creeds or grendels

Reactions: Akdodge88
Has anyone gotten any sort of an ETA on a mini-fix?

FWIW I received my 10rd KAC mags today and these are what the rifles should ship with even if it added to the price. They fit and feed so much better than those shitty magpuls it came with.

Has anyone gotten any sort of an ETA on a mini-fix?

FWIW I received my 10rd KAC mags today and these are what the rifles should ship with even if it added to the price. They fit and feed so much better than those shitty magpuls it came with.

I only get a few “maybe by the end of the year” type remarks when I ask questions on Instagram posts. Some remarks were made on the Q podcast regarding barrel twist rates a few months ago. None of my emails have been returned. Who knows? Kinda getting anxious about my order, not enough to cancel yet but getting close. Haven’t ordered a Q can yet due to my lack of confidence in the delivery of my mini Fix. But I’m not in a hurry to buy something else so maybe I just need to believe in Kevin and Santa Claus and see if it shows up u deer the tree

Haven’t ordered a Q can yet due to my lack of confidence in the delivery of my mini Fix.

Silencer shop has thunder chickens in stock. They recently had trash pandas. I'm sure if you take two minutes to google something you can find them....

Silencer shop has thunder chickens in stock. They recently had trash pandas. I'm sure if you take two minutes to google something you can find them....

The cans are easy to find but I’m reluctant to buy another Q product until the rifle actually shows up and shoots well. Thanks for tip, never heard of Google, ill have to try it out

The cans are easy to find but I’m reluctant to buy another Q product until the rifle actually shows up and shoots well.

I've only had my rifle a couple weeks but I'm already impressed enough that I want a mini fix too and I'm even debating picking up a second Fix and getting some short of truck axle contour tube for it and running it for the few matches that I'll be shooting each year and ditching my AI AX. The rifle is that good.

Reactions: Hondo1
The cans are easy to find but I’m reluctant to buy another Q product until the rifle actually shows up and shoots well. Thanks for tip, never heard of Google, ill have to try it out

"I'm not gonna buy a glock 19 until the new glock 45 comes out and i see how good it is." Do whatever you want, dude. I just thought maybe you thought the silencers were hard to find or something. Like the product they haven't even released yet.

I've only had my rifle a couple weeks but I'm already impressed enough that I want a mini fix too and I'm even debating picking up a second Fix and getting some short of truck axle contour tube for it and running it for the few matches that I'll be shooting each year and ditching my AI AX. The rifle is that good.
Good to hear. I hope that I like it enough to buy the 6.5 and a couple cans. I’m not going to draw another resident tag for a really long time now so shooting steel and getting my son ready for junior deer tags are new priorities. Hope the .224 is a good start before transition to .243. Looks like they have a chassis option for Rem700 in the works so we might really get on the Q bandwagon. If not, I’ve got a 28 Nosler picked out...

"I'm not gonna buy a glock 19 until the new glock 45 comes out and i see how good it is." Do whatever you want, dude. I just thought maybe you thought the silencers were hard to find or something. Like the product they haven't even released yet.

The thing with Q cans is the taper mount, which I can get behind. But if the gun isn’t something I like then I don’t really want to deal with a Q can and their adapter going forward. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt

Thanks

Reactions: Bender
I was doing some online shopping at Cabela's today. There might be some 16" .308 rifles in stock at their Ft. Worth, TX location for those looking for one.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    53.5 KB · Views: 71
I was doing some online shopping at Cabela's today. There might be some 16" .308 rifles in stock at their Ft. Worth, TX location for those looking for one.
Yep, came here to post this:
It has blue accents and is Bartlien/Tooley marked.

Attachments

• 95C23496-6F87-496D-8275-832D7C5D6CAF.jpeg
    95C23496-6F87-496D-8275-832D7C5D6CAF.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: Bender and alax24
Stupid blue accents. I’ll never get over the fact they won’t even let us order black ones to get rid of them.
They’re not gonna make a variation of colors on accecories and parts available to the public when they have a 7 months wait list on the rifle. Maybe some day they will when sales slow but not anytime soon. I personally love the blue accents and will probably be taking mine apart to cerakote a few other small parts blue

Looks like a nerf gun

Considering that your posts about the rifle seem to be only negative, not surprising. Don’t like it, don’t buy it. I highly doubt anyone who actually shucked out the $3K to buy one feels like they have a nerf gun because it has a couple of blue accents.

Mine isn’t blue but has quickly became my favorite rifle, more so than my AI AX. I’m already planning to buy a second as well as a mini. The rifles are all they’re cracked up to be and a little more. My only complaint is that I didn’t buy one sooner.

Considering that your posts about the rifle seem to be only negative, not surprising. Don’t like it, don’t buy it. I highly doubt anyone who actually shucked out the $3K to buy one feels like they have a nerf gun because it has a couple of blue accents.

Mine isn’t blue but has quickly became my favorite rifle, more so than my AI AX. I’m already planning to buy a second as well as a mini. The rifles are all they’re cracked up to be and a little more. My only complaint is that I didn’t buy one sooner.
I haven't made any negative comments. Why so sensitive?

Oh and thanks for your permission not to buy it douche.

Just got mine and from what I can tell the top rail is busted? It wasn’t installed correctly and is bent. I took it off and torqued it down correctly and it’s sitting better but I think the damage is already done. Anyone else’s look like this?

6D018846-2458-4091-BF86-06E42AADA45F.jpeg

FB5652F3-92FD-4D24-99B0-5802E994E6DD.jpeg

Last edited:
The thing with Q cans is the taper mount, which I can get behind. But if the gun isn’t something I like then I don’t really want to deal with a Q can and their adapter going forward. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt

Thanks
I have the Full Nelson can and have been running it on my Fix as well as a .300bo SBR I built. No taper on the SBR barrel and it has been working well. My Full Nelson was one of the pre-orders and I am impressed with it. I wasn’t able to pre-order the Fix but ended up finding one at a dealer and love it. I do have the mini-Fix pre-ordered and am patiently(sort-of) waiting for it. Hopefully they will start shipping around the new year, I’m not expecting it sooner than that. I probably won’t worry until it passes the one year mark from when I placed my order. Just means it gives me more time to research what kind of optic I want.

Reactions: HayStax
Just got mine and what I can tell the top rail is busted. It wasn’t installed correctly and is bent. I took it off and torqued it down correctly and it’s sitting better but I think the damage is already done. Anyone else’s look like this?

View attachment 6976068
View attachment 6976069
Mine has looked like that after I took it apart a couple times. I didn’t notice it until after the 4th or 5th time I did a barrel change. I also switched to the short top rail and it does it as well. My assumption is if the spring for the bolt catch doesn’t sit in there just right, it messes with the rail. It could also be the spring is slightly too long. I have not noticed any sort of hindrance to shooting or returning to zero after barrel changes because of this.

Mine has looked like that after I took it apart a couple times. I didn’t notice it until after the 4th or 5th time I did a barrel change. I also switched to the short top rail and it does it as well. My assumption is if the spring for the bolt catch doesn’t sit in there just right, it messes with the rail. It could also be the spring is slightly too long. I have not noticed any sort of hindrance to shooting or returning to zero after barrel changes because of this.

Thanks for the reply and info.
So when yours is installed correctly it sits flush or it looks like the second picture?

Checked my top rail and it looks to be installed correctly. I have only removed it once.

Attachments

• 20181126_053221.jpg
    20181126_053221.jpg
    877.3 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: withoutwarning
What specialty tools, other than the Q wrench, are needed for a barrel swap?

A specific vice block? Thanks

1. Q barrel wrench
2. Ft lbs torque wrench
3. T25 torx
4. In lbs torque wrench
5. 6 pack of favorite beer
6. Woman to make you a sammich
7. Sammich

The last two are mission critical. Otherwise all hope is lost.

Thanks again bro.
Okay so a bit better. I’ll try reseating and torquing it down again and hopefully I can get it as good as yours and call it a day.
No problem. Some tips on installing the top rail that I do,
1) make sure the rifle sits level and that the spring is sitting in the pocket square before setting the rail on top.
2) I then start tightening the screws starting at the bolt and working towards the muzzle hand tight at first.
3) I then go through a torque them down in the same direction.

Hope this helps

Reactions: withoutwarning
Just got mine and from what I can tell the top rail is busted? It wasn’t installed correctly and is bent. I took it off and torqued it down correctly and it’s sitting better but I think the damage is already done. Anyone else’s look like this?

View attachment 6976068
View attachment 6976069

That's kind of shitty, it looks like something was caught between the receiver and the rail when it was torqued down. Assuming the spring and everything else is fine (uncrushed) id email them the original picture and ask if you could swap rails. Its good for Q to know so they can avoid it in the future. Going forward, when I assembled mine at Q the engineer instructed me to apply forward pressure to the rail (towards muzzle) when installing it like you would when mounting a scope.

That's kind of shitty, it looks like something was caught between the receiver and the rail when it was torqued down. Assuming the spring and everything else is fine (uncrushed) id email them the original picture and ask if you could swap rails. Its good for Q to know so they can avoid it in the future. Going forward, when I assembled mine at Q the engineer instructed me to apply forward pressure to the rail (towards muzzle) when installing it like you would when mounting a scope.

Thanks I’ll do that to the new one when I get it.
I emailed Q first and they finally got back to me saying that’s not okay and they are sending me a new rail.

Well I had vacation this week and the deer hunting has been slow so I decided to get after the butt pad issue. I took the butt pad assembly off and after removing the thin rubber torture device, noticed that the holes in the pad holder matched up almost perfectly with a limbsaver I had lying around.

The channels in the holder lend themselves perfectly to a square nut, and a quick trip to Home Depot later, I have a very soft butt pad that still functions 100% for up down adjustability, as well as folding all the way as long as the pad is adjusted down to flush on top.

I know some have said the stock pad is totally adequate for hunting/light firing schedules, and I agree, but after 80 rounds from the prone in an F Class match I had had enough.

IMG_20181128_173108079.jpg
IMG_20181128_175534503.jpg

Well I had vacation this week and the deer hunting has been slow so I decided to get after the butt pad issue. I took the butt pad assembly off and after removing the thin rubber torture device, noticed that the holes in the pad holder matched up almost perfectly with a limbsaver I had lying around.

The channels in the holder lend themselves perfectly to a square nut, and a quick trip to Home Depot later, I have a very soft butt pad that still functions 100% for up down adjustability, as well as folding all the way as long as the pad is adjusted down to flush on top.

I know some have said the stock pad is totally adequate for hunting/light firing schedules, and I agree, but after 80 rounds from the prone in an F Class match I had had enough.

View attachment 6977538View attachment 6977539

Great find. Do you know the model number of the Libsaver pad or for what firearm it was made?

Would anybody be interested in a bartlein/tooley barrel 6.5 creed. i have another barrel possibly lined up and wanted to check interest. it has 116rounds thru it!