• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

So I loaded 16 of the SST 125gr (thats all I had on hand) and shot today. I shot the SSTs listed above, 168gr FGMM, 175gr FGMM, and 178gr Horn Precision Hunter. The day started like garbage. Had the exact same groups as before which was anywhere between 1.5-2”. I knew the rifle shot better because of the proof targets sent to me by Q but had no idea what I was doing wrong. I decided to completely change the way I shot the rifle because at this point what do I have to lose? I loosely put the stock in my shoulder, lightly placed my cheek on the riser, and lightly placed my non-shooting hand on top of the optic. Instantly groups tightened up. I really think thats the key with this rifle. Let it beat you up when you shoot and hold it loosely. I’m headed back out next weekend to make sure things are consistent but here was the last 5 round group of the day I shot with the 168gr FGMM. I can work with that. The 125gr was by far the most accurate when I was doing everything wrong and I look forward to seeing what groups I get now that I somewhat have it figured out. Thanks @66427vette for the data.

Attachments

• D953BDA6-ACF8-4B3C-BD1F-1A85A8F2B601.jpeg
    D953BDA6-ACF8-4B3C-BD1F-1A85A8F2B601.jpeg
    464.4 KB · Views: 84
So I loaded 16 of the SST 125gr (thats all I had on hand) and shot today. I shot the SSTs listed above, 168gr FGMM, 175gr FGMM, and 178gr Horn Precision Hunter. The day started like garbage. Had the exact same groups as before which was anywhere between 1.5-2”. I knew the rifle shot better because of the proof targets sent to me by Q but had no idea what I was doing wrong. I decided to completely change the way I shot the rifle because at this point what do I have to lose? I loosely put the stock in my shoulder, lightly placed my cheek on the riser, and lightly placed my non-shooting hand on top of the optic. Instantly groups tightened up. I really think thats the key with this rifle. Let it beat you up when you shoot and hold it loosely. I’m headed back out next weekend to make sure things are consistent but here was the last 5 round group of the day I shot with the 168gr FGMM. I can work with that. The 125gr was by far the most accurate when I was doing everything wrong and I look forward to seeing what groups I get now that I somewhat have it figured out. Thanks @66427vette for the data.

Very nice. I also lightly place my cheek on the riser. Practice makes perfect with this rifle

Reactions: Gotlag1789
Very nice. I also lightly place my cheek on the riser. Practice makes perfect with this rifle

I tried the very light cheek pressure / grip, but it didn't work so well for me, but this may be because I was taught to rest my head on the stock and thats how I have been doing it for forever. I know the very light cheek pressure/ grip is popular, especially with people who shoot f-class, and I could probably get it to group, but I found that the muzzle rise on the .308 made it difficult to track my shots using that method (i would pull the trigger and then have to reset and get back behind the rifle to see where it impacted). It also made the recoil less palatable... I don't know if I could go out there and shoot 100+ rounds using that method. Might practice that some more next time, but the rifle seemed to move around on me a lot. Did you have any issues with the muzzle rise or am I just sucking haha?

I tried the very light cheek pressure / grip, but it didn't work so well for me, but this may be because I was taught to rest my head on the stock and thats how I have been doing it for forever. I know the very light cheek pressure/ grip is popular, especially with people who shoot f-class, and I could probably get it to group, but I found that the muzzle rise on the .308 made it difficult to track my shots using that method (i would pull the trigger and then have to reset and get back behind the rifle to see where it impacted). It also made the recoil less palatable... I don't know if I could go out there and shoot 100+ rounds using that method. Might practice that some more next time, but the rifle seemed to move around on me a lot. Did you have any issues with the muzzle rise or am I just sucking haha?

I had the same issue...muzzle bounce, rise, etc.

I got rid of the cherry bomb (worthless gimick) and went to an actual muzzle brake (posted info pages back). Problem was resolved.

Also, try loading your bipod (apply tension forward) when shooting. This has also helped track shots and allows for easy follow ups.

I got rid of the cherry bomb (worthless gimick) and went to an actual muzzle brake (posted info pages back). Problem was resolved.

Also, try loading your bipod (apply tension forward) when shooting. This has also helped track shots and allows for easy follow ups.

I too (mine is 6.5) use the loaded bipod trick. Helps a lot. As far as grip, I’ve swapped over to a vertical grip and that’s helped my trigger jerk/pull reduce as well as my comfort holding the gun. I would highly recommend it.

I also have a bottle rocket attached, I don’t mind the 6.5 recoil at all. Follow up shots are solid as long as I’m running the bolt with some authority haha. #fixproblems

Agreed... loading the bipod absolutely resolved the issue but when i was trying to have as little contact with the rifle as possible (cheek pressure, grip, and load), the front of the rifle/bipod was literally jumping up off the ground. Maybe I won't be so lazy today and put that Lantac on (just wanted to avoid that bc I sometimes hunt with someone in the stand with me and don't want to blow them out the side of it). I'm not sure why the cherry bomb is called a brake haha. They need to call just call it a mount... I don't think that would upset anyone.

I too (mine is 6.5) use the loaded bipod trick. Helps a lot. As far as grip, I’ve swapped over to a vertical grip and that’s helped my trigger jerk/pull reduce as well as my comfort holding the gun. I would highly recommend it.

I also have a bottle rocket attached, I don’t mind the 6.5 recoil at all. Follow up shots are solid as long as I’m running the bolt with some authority haha. #fixproblems

I tried the bottle rocket as well, poor results.

On another note...I put an American Precision Arms Little Bastard II on my 6.5 this past weekend. Great results (very little recoil and stays on target) but the "Little Bastard" is loud as shit.

I tried the bottle rocket as well, poor results.

On another note...I put an American Precision Arms Little Bastard II on my 6.5 this past weekend. Great results (very little recoil and stays on target) but the "Little Bastard" is loud as shit.

Hahah it looks good too!

Man I feel like I’m always sticking up for their engineering. But for you guys that are saying the cherry bomb isn’t a brake... are you serious? What IS a muzzle brake? It’s a device that redirects hot expanding gasses from the muzzle to somewhere other than forward. Yes this one happens to direct them all directions. Is it the best brake ever? No? Does Q claim it to be? No. But yes it is a brake. I’d invite anyone of you to shoot 5 rounds with it on, take it off and shoot the muzzle bare, then put it back and shoot for more and see if there’s a difference. You’re wanting to compare it the APA bastards or whatever and it’s just not. But many brakes aren’t those and there is a reason those are widely considered the best. This one happens to also be a mount for a suppressor and doesn’t require any timing. But yeah bro it’s a brake.

Required reading:

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/08/21/muzzle-brake-summary-of-field-test-results/

Oh and tell me if anyone of those “brakes” look similar in functionality to the cherry bomb. I ain’t even mad at it.

Reactions: SeanVB4 and esw004
Man I feel like I’m always sticking up for their engineering. But for you guys that are saying the cherry bomb isn’t a brake... are you serious? What IS a muzzle brake? It’s a device that redirects hot expanding gasses from the muzzle to somewhere other than forward. Yes this one happens to direct them all directions. Is it the best brake ever? No? Does Q claim it to be? No. But yes it is a brake. I’d invite anyone of you to shoot 5 rounds with it on, take it off and shoot the muzzle bare, then put it back and shoot for more and see if there’s a difference. You’re wanting to compare it the APA bastards or whatever and it’s just not. But many brakes aren’t those and there is a reason those are widely considered the best. This one happens to also be a mount for a suppressor and doesn’t require any timing. But yeah bro it’s a brake.

Required reading:

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/08/21/muzzle-brake-summary-of-field-test-results/

Oh and tell me if anyone of those “brakes” look similar in functionality to the cherry bomb. I ain’t even mad at it.

Dude...you're drinking the kool-aid way too much.

The cherry bomb does not work for me, it's fucking garbage. You may have different results...good for you.

I want a MB that's going to keep the gun on target and not cause the gun to bounce the fuck around when I shoot un-suppressed. The brake I posted pages back works for me. The APA was just something I threw on there to test out...does not even belong to me.

PS...you do know that engineers are known to be wrong right?

But that’s just what I’m getting at. When you say it doesn’t work for you, what were you expecting? I saw the brake you posted a few pages back. It looks good. Bet it works well. Bet it works better than the cherry bomb. Hell my Griffin Armament minimalist brake works better than the cherry bomb.

If that’s what you want out of a brake then yeah the cherry bomb isn’t it. But it hasn’t ever claimed to be it. What was the purpose of the design of the gun? To be a light weight hunting/do all rifle. Not to replace your AXMC sniper rifle.

Yes. Engineers get it wrong sometimes. So do consumers. It’s like my taking my wife’s 335XI which is AWD and going mudding. Then being mad when it’s stuck and saying but it says it’s all wheel drive and has M-S tires on it!

But without engineering do you really have anything? So to say they are known to be wrong is like saying planes are known to crash. Yeah sometimes. More often if lots of alcohol or anger is involved.

Some of you need to temper your expectations.

Yes I like Q. I love the fix. Best and most satisfying purchase I’ve ever made. Is it perfect in every way? No. Is it amazing engineering and totally innovative? Absolutely.

Reactions: SeanVB4
having suppressor brake tapered is best thing I see Q has done on the Can side

But that’s just what I’m getting at. When you say it doesn’t work for you, what were you expecting? I saw the brake you posted a few pages back. It looks good. Bet it works well. Bet it works better than the cherry bomb. Hell my Griffin Armament minimalist brake works better than the cherry bomb.

If that’s what you want out of a brake then yeah the cherry bomb isn’t it. But it hasn’t ever claimed to be it. What was the purpose of the design of the gun? To be a light weight hunting/do all rifle. Not to replace your AXMC sniper rifle.

Yes. Engineers get it wrong sometimes. So do consumers. It’s like my taking my wife’s 335XI which is AWD and going mudding. Then being mad when it’s stuck and saying but it says it’s all wheel drive and has M-S tires on it!

But without engineering do you really have anything? So to say they are known to be wrong is like saying planes are known to crash. Yeah sometimes. More often if lots of alcohol or anger is involved.

Some of you need to temper your expectations.

Yes I like Q. I love the fix. Best and most satisfying purchase I’ve ever made. Is it perfect in every way? No. Is it amazing engineering and totally innovative? Absolutely.

If Q and the Fix is so amazing and innovative then why did you change the barrel?

Yeah. Tapers are smart. It’s the best way to prevent baffle strikes IMO. My first can I ever got. The OPS 12th model uses that to line the can up straight. My Griffin armament can uses it as well. But the reason Q got it right is is that the threads don’t get all carbon locked. Which is brilliant.

So I’m thinking about buying a Q suppressor for my Fix. 1.75 inch = volume but it’s still light as hell. Quiet AND light? What’s not to love. The only question for me is between the full Nelson and thunder chicken. full Nelson is quieter because it has more baffles but I like being able to have the cherry bomb be a sacrificial blast baffle. Especially since I’m running a shorter barrel on my 6.5 CM.

If Q and the Fix is so amazing and innovative then why did you change the barrel?

Dude. I changed the barrel because short and light doesn’t have to only apply to 308. 6.5 CM ROCKS in short flavor. My 6.5 weighs the same as the 308 but I’ve got a nice fat barrel.

I mentioned a moment ago, did they get everything 100% right? No. But it’s much more right than anything else I’ve ever seen. I don’t understand your angst. Yet you still have one. If you’re so mad then sell it already and move on. I’ll keep mine. Thanks.

Yes I went short and light 6.5... what did Q do as well? That’s right. Short light 6.5....

Besides the cherry bomb not functioning as well as the APA lil bastard, what else don’t you like?

having suppressor brake tapered is best thing I see Q has done on the Can side

I think it is an excellent suppressor mount... it is very clear that the taper prevents carbon from building up at the attachment point and thats awesome. But it is only a brake by the loosest of definitions. The blast has to be directional for it to be an effective brake or comp. "All-directional" doesn't count... that is what a bare muzzle does... sends the blast out in all directions (hence why it is a fire BALL and not a .308" diameter fire laser). I really like my Fix too... but I will focus on the downside because I don't need to figure out solutions for the upside. There is a lot of room for improvement.

@Movistar

You can't go engineer some limbsaver mod bc of the excessive recoil and then act like we are out of line for saying the brake doesn't work. That makes no sense.

have 4k + laying around I would get 8.6 creedmoor fix ( if that pans out )when avail and Q can

I think it is an excellent suppressor mount... it is very clear that the taper prevents carbon from building up at the attachment point and thats awesome. But it is only a brake by the loosest of definitions. The blast has to be directional for it to be an effective brake or comp. "All-directional" doesn't count... that is what a bare muzzle does... sends the blast out in all directions (hence why it is a fire BALL and not a .308" diameter fire laser). I really like my Fix too... but I will focus on the downside because I don't need to figure out solutions for the upside. There is a lot of room for improvement.

@Movistar

You can't go engineer some limbsaver mod bc of the excessive recoil and then act like we are out of line for saying the brake doesn't work. That makes no sense. You changed the stock, you changed the barrel, you changed the color scheme, you got a KAC 10 rounder (what ppl suggested to fix a feeding issue... not sure why you would spend $100 on a mag when there was no prob to begin with and Q's engineers sent PMAGs with the rifle), but as soon as someone dislikes something or says something isn't effective, they have no idea what they are talking about.

Dude no. A bare muzzle sends it FORWARD which is why there’s more felt recoil. And your argument about me customizing my own gun... ya it’s green. The limbsaver is more comfortable. It’s the one thing I DONT think their engineers got right but we are all entitled to our own opinions. PMAGs feed fine. KAC is better. I want to seat longer. Should the rifle been 50 dollars more and come wirh a KAC mag? You bet. Just my opinion. Yeah I painted it. I like custom. It’s just how I do. I don’t own a rifle other than my 1941 Springfield M1 Garand that doesn’t have a paint or cerakote finish I did. Dude the limbsaver is comfy. Try it man. It’s called innovation. Haters gonna hate.

But you’re saying the cherry bomb isn’t a brake. It is. By definition. Is it the best one evar? Nope. But it’s still a brake. You’ve done nothing but complain about your gun since you got it. Why do you still have it if it’s so awful?

Mine is awesome.

I have two KAC mags on the way. I traded my two PMAGs and 40 cash for them. I feel like that’s reasonable.

Reactions: BoomerC and esw004
Yeah. Tapers are smart. It’s the best way to prevent baffle strikes IMO. My first can I ever got. The OPS 12th model uses that to line the can up straight. My Griffin armament can uses it as well. But the reason Q got it right is is that the threads don’t get all carbon locked. Which is brilliant.

So I’m thinking about buying a Q suppressor for my Fix. 1.75 inch = volume but it’s still light as hell. Quiet AND light? What’s not to love. The only question for me is between the full Nelson and thunder chicken. full Nelson is quieter because it has more baffles but I like being able to have the cherry bomb be a sacrificial blast baffle. Especially since I’m running a shorter barrel on my 6.5 CM.

Dude. I changed the barrel because short and light doesn’t have to only apply to 308. 6.5 CM ROCKS in short flavor. My 6.5 weighs the same as the 308 but I’ve got a nice fat barrel.

I mentioned a moment ago, did they get everything 100% right? No. But it’s much more right than anything else I’ve ever seen. I don’t understand your angst. Yet you still have one. If you’re so mad then sell it already and move on. I’ll keep mine. Thanks.

Yes I went short and light 6.5... what did Q do as well? That’s right. Short light 6.5....

Besides the cherry bomb not functioning as well as the APA lil bastard, what else don’t you like?

Over all it's a good rifle but it's NOT the "neatest thing since sliced bread" and I'm NOT choking on the kool-aid like you are. It's over priced and I never would have paid full retail for it. (I'm an FFL/dealer...perks!) It will serve it purpose and then I will sell it down the road at some point.

Dude no. A bare muzzle sends it FORWARD which is why there’s more felt recoil. And your argument about me customizing my own gun... ya it’s green. The limbsaver is more comfortable. It’s the one thing I DONT think their engineers got right but we are all entitled to our own opinions. PMAGs feed fine. KAC is better. I want to seat longer. Should the rifle been 50 dollars more and come wirh a KAC mag? You bet. Just my opinion. Yeah I painted it. I like custom. It’s just how I do. I don’t own a rifle other than my 1941 Springfield M1 Garand that doesn’t have a paint or cerakote finish I did. Dude the limbsaver is comfy. Try it man. It’s called innovation. Haters gonna hate.

But you’re saying the cherry bomb isn’t a brake. It is. By definition. Is it the best one evar? Nope. But it’s still a brake. You’ve done nothing but complain about your gun since you got it. Why do you still have it if it’s so awful?

Mine is awesome.

I have two KAC mags on the way. I traded my two PMAGs and 40 cash for them. I feel like that’s reasonable.

iowa_1984.jpg

Different type of "rifle" but look at the shock wave... forms almost a perfect circle. When hot gas leaves the barrel, it is going to expand evenly in all directions. I know physics is tough.

Sorry... the fix isn't perfect. You quoted the post where I said I like it, but I am not here to feel like I'm part of the cool kids club. I'm mainly going to talk about things that I am not completely satisfied with so that people who have more experience than I do with it can let me know if they encountered similar issues and how they dealt with them. Thats how I think progress is made. You are the one who got me started with the complaints by feeling the need to chime in about what the rifle can and can't do when yours hadn't even shown up in the mail yet. Its comments like "PMAGs feed fine. KAC is better" that drive me insane bc you and I both know damn well you have never even put a KAC mag through your Fix.

Attachments

• mf2.jpg
    mf2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

with just the cherry bomb i had no idea where i was looking at after the shot due to the violent kick. it is more manageable with the bottle rocket screwed on but still not the same as my savage 308 with heavier mcmillan stock

iowa_1984.jpg

Different type of "rifle" but look at the shock wave... forms almost a perfect circle. When hot gas leaves the barrel, it is going to expand evenly in all directions. I know physics is tough.

Sorry... the fix isn't perfect. You quoted the post where I said I like it, but I am not here to feel like I'm part of the cool kids club. I'm mainly going to talk about things that I am not completely satisfied with so that people who have more experience than I do with it can let me know if they encountered similar issues and how they dealt with them. Thats how I think progress is made. You are the one who got me started with the complaints by feeling the need to chime in about what the rifle can and can't do when yours hadn't even shown up in the mail yet. Its comments like "PMAGs feed fine. KAC is better" that drive me insane bc you and I both know damn well you have never even put a KAC mag through your Fix.
I literally laughed out loud. Whatever man. Yes my PMAGs fed fine. But KAC IS BETTER. Others have posted here that it feeds with PMAGs but feeds like it should with KAC. I’ve put thousands of rounds down my SR25 that I just sold because 308 isn’t necessary in MY opinion. So do I need to have put a KAC mag in my fix to tell you that they are far superior to Pmags? No I don’t.

Dude the pic of the battleships is cool. But yes gasses expand as they move forward. It won’t be a straight line. Brakes work by redirecting gasses that were moving FORWARD. I just don’t understand what you’re trying to prove here. You’ve been nothing but negative ever since you showed up here. I can understand you wanting to make others aware of the potential issues. But cmon man. You’ve never said one thing you liked about it. Obviously you do or you wouldn’t have forked over 3k for one. It’s like saying your gun won’t shoot only to find out your scope isn’t attached correctly. You know you’re posts that generally are very negative could actually sway people away from this rifle which is such a nice piece of kit. It’s really phenomenal. I came in this thread long ago and saw people saying they won’t deliever because of what happened to them with the MDR. I wish I wouldn’t have read all of the posts by people who had no experience because it made me stay away a while. Just saying you should go back a reread every post you’ve made in this thread. The glass is half full man. Your expectations are hilarious and I get the feeling you’ll never be truly happy with it. So maybe you should sell it? It’s yours to do what you want. But damn man if it sucks so bad you have to post pics of a battleship then you might wanna take a look at that. Speaking of physics and engineering weren’t you the guy who thought it had plastic threads and that my limbsaver mod wouldn’t hold up to recoil?

You keep saying that the fix isn’t perfect. Find somewhere where I said it was. It isn’t. I don’t know a gun that is. But it’s innovative and I love mine.

iowa_1984.jpg

Dude..."You Sunk My Battleship"

Cool pic...

Dude..."You Sunk My Battleship"

Cool pic...
Hell yeah man. My grandpa was on a battleship in WW2. My dad was a member of the Army marksmanship unit. I wanted to serve. But I gave my sister a kidney when I was in college and after that they wouldn’t take me. I feel like I missed my calling in life but it is what it was. Much respect to all our servicemen and women. Freedom allows Q to make the fix and me to own one.

Wow man I need some popcorn for all this drama... Anybody know how much the cherrybomb weighs off hand? I’m thinking about swapping with a brake I have laying around but also trying to keep it light as possible. Also... Last time I shot after changing out the blue polymer to black I tq’d the stock to receiver screw to 50in lbs as per the “in depth” breakdown video on youtube. I put red loctite with plenty of time to dry but that bolt loosened up on me while shooting. I tq’d it again and the same thing happened after 10-12 shots. I started to get frustrated and went to tq the bolt again. It was still tight but my stock wobbled at the point where the stock folding component connects to the receiver. I don’t want to over tighten it but I really don’t know what else to do. Weird stuff.

Wow man I need some popcorn for all this drama... Anybody know how much the cherrybomb weighs off hand? I’m thinking about swapping with a brake I have laying around but also trying to keep it light as possible. Also... Last time I shot after changing out the blue polymer to black I tq’d the stock to receiver screw to 50in lbs as per the “in depth” breakdown video on youtube. I put red loctite with plenty of time to dry but that bolt loosened up on me while shooting. I tq’d it again and the same thing happened after 10-12 shots. I started to get frustrated and went to tq the bolt again. It was still tight but my stock wobbled at the point where the stock folding component connects to the receiver. I don’t want to over tighten it but I really don’t know what else to do. Weird stuff.

Cherry Bomb 2oz

I had it loosen up as well but I tightened it up and haven't had an issue since, I think.

Reactions: Ernsky
I have noted a lot of folks trying to keep weight down on their rifles. Yet no one has the short scope rail. That’s a 2.5 oz saving straight off the bat.

I have noted a lot of folks trying to keep weight down on their rifles. Yet no one has the short scope rail. That’s a 2.5 oz saving straight off the bat.

It's light enough for me, I finally weighed mine and it's 9.8 lbs with the Plan B mounted Omega, both rail sections, Geissele scope mount, Steiner T5xi, empty Pmag and a Magpul RSA; it's 10.8 lbs with the bipod. $75 for a 2.5 oz saving isn't worth it to me.

Anybody heard anything about barrel extensions? I asked via the website but who knows if I will get a reply.

I emailed Bartlein about a 16" 6mm Creedmoor barrel and they said have Dave do all the work, but I still want my 308 barrel.

Reactions: midSCarolina
@Ernsky my stock-to-receiver screw was a little loose when I first picked up the rifle. I torqued it good and and it hasn’t moved since. Is there anyway to video the movement so I can see what you’re talking about. Mine is rock solid.

@Scotch_egg I get it. I think akdodge has the short one. I just like the look of the full length and will occasionally use a clip on NV.

Nothing yet on the barrel extensions @accurate_okie ...

Reactions: Ernsky
Got new rings today. Went from NF standard duty single screw to the exteme duty ultra light 4 screw. The ultra light are wider and actually weigh 3/4 oz more. I didnt make the change for weight though. I did it for strength. Stock mounting isn’t a place to goof around.

Attachments

• D649FC51-1030-4E97-915B-73403777FACF.jpeg
    D649FC51-1030-4E97-915B-73403777FACF.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 822560F6-A074-4F14-BC85-06A6138D5ADE.jpeg
    822560F6-A074-4F14-BC85-06A6138D5ADE.jpeg
    423.7 KB · Views: 133
The rifle is not forgiving... I have been able to shoot good groups but I use a can take my time between shots.

The biggest issue for me is not resting my head on the stock. I have to focus on floating it.

@Ernsky my stock-to-receiver screw was a little loose when I first picked up the rifle. I torqued it good and and it hasn’t moved since. Is there anyway to video the movement so I can see what you’re talking about. Mine is rock solid.

@Scotch_egg I get it. I think akdodge has the short one. I just like the look of the full length and will occasionally use a clip on NV.

Nothing yet on the barrel extensions @accurate_okie ...
Well I got brave and just tightened it down. At 50in lbs it had side to side movement when slightly pressing against it. I tightened it down well past 50in lbs and dunked the bolt in red loctite. The movement stopped for now but we’ll see what happens this coming weekend.

I guess I’m no one:confused: Granted I didn’t change out the top rail for weight savings, I just didn’t like how close my scope was to the rail with the setup I had. Plus not having a need to clip anything on forward of the scope, I saw no need to have a full length rail and I feel it looks better with the short rail.

My setup with everything attached weighs 11.7 lbs. Thats rifle equipped with B/T .308 barrel, the short top rail, 3 sling QD’s( don’t ask why), butt stock picatiny rail, sling, Nightforce NXS 5.5-25x50, Full Nelson with BH gear wrap, atlas bipod and a full 10round mag.
Rifle minus silencer and bipod is 9.6lbs.

I am absolutely happy with this rifle, and having taken it hunting in the field this year, I feel like I made the right choice. I bought this rifle not to compete, no matches near me, but as a universal hunting rifle where I don’t have to stuck to one caliber. Yet I wanted a rifle that I could feel confident taking to the range as much as I could to better my shooting. I feel this rifle does that. Yes it took me about 100 rounds to figure out it shoots a little different, but that was also when I didn’t have my suppressor available to me. Since running it suppressed, it hasn’t been nearly as hard to control the muzzle. In fact it almost doesn’t move at all.

It sucks some of you are trying to blame accuracy issues on the rifle when it seems that the rifle is merely exposing poor fundamentals, I know it showed me I had/have poor fundamentals. All I can say while shooting the Fix, is concentrate on your fundamentals, take your time, and try not to get frustrated.
The shot group shown, yes cherry-picked, was the last group on one range session with my Proof 6.5cm barrel shooting American Eagle. It was the last group I shout out of ~100rnds that trip and I was finally getting dialed into the rifle. Of course you can see I got cocky and pulled a shot(#3 I think), but I couldn’t be happier with the rifle.

303A81B2-ADB6-42BA-9DC3-6E903BA98782.jpeg

4131B25F-A540-4F7B-8508-BA3416956C08.jpeg
2A9F309F-6A51-4E03-8725-5B549EFDFA15.jpeg
FEE8B477-83D0-4F9F-9BE8-DF731993BFD7.jpeg
71B2E28E-84EC-44DE-A0D0-8F5CC3AD294C.jpeg

I didn’t think the cost worth savings was there for the new top rail right now. If I could have I would have ordered with the short top

I have the short top rail too. It's awesome. The extra rails sections seem to align perfectly with it height wise for those other clip on users. There is a weight savings with both short top rail and add a rail section on the top vs the full length standard top rail. I will try to get a picture.

I'm buying barrels. If anyone has a barrel, a take off or whatever---gimme a shout. I also have an extra 308 BT barrel that I would trade for a 6.5 BT barrel. Just wanted to throw that out there...

A lot of the last 10 pages are from guys who don't understand what an unsuppressed 16" barreled .308 is all about. Simply put it's unpleasant. You likely bought the wrong gun. If you had a suppressor to put on it--then you would be the target market. It would all make sense to you and the planets would align. Might even hear music. Otherwise it's going to suck. Because short .308s suck. That's just the nature of the beast.

I'm in Columbia SC for the next few months. I have two of these Fix's now. And a pile of barrels and other stuff. In case anyone wants to buy me a drink and have me unfuck their setup they can't get to group. I'm also willing to buy any BT barrels that don't shoot--no questions asked.

Well said Bachelorjack. And likewise I’m in the market for any B/T barrel anyone wants to sell. Anything anyone wants to sell that is Q or fix related hit me up. Thanks.

@Akdodge88 if it’s not too much trouble would you mind posting pics of the gun with the full Nelson without the cover? I’m debating the full Nelson vs thunder chicken for my fix to replace my Griffin Armament can.

Last edited:
Well said Bachelorjack. And likewise I’m in the market for any B/T barrel anyone wants to sell. Anything anyone wants to sell that is Q or fix related hit me up. Thanks.

@Akdodge88 if it’s not too much trouble would you mind posting pics of the gun with the full Nelson without the cover? I’m debating the full Nelson vs thunder chicken for my fix to replace my Griffin Armament can.

I really dig the Full Nelson. It is pretty darn quiet, especially when shooting subs. I love when there’s no one at the range when I go, then I can leave my ear pro off and it’s a nice relaxing time at the range, until some uncivilized heathen shows up without a suppressor:cautious:
If I remember correctly the thunder chicken metered pretty darn close to the full nelson, I’ll find who posted the readings. Because the thunder chicken uses the cherry bomb for a mount, they were able to make it shorter because it doubles as the sacrificial baffle, just what I read. I went with the full nelson, pre-ordered mine, because I didn’t want to wait to pre-order the thunder chicken. All in all, I’m happy with my decision, kinda glad I don’t have to get a bunch of extra cherry bombs for my other guns.
ED7A261B-B231-410C-97A5-9BBD79E3D5D0.jpeg
CCBBF069-E661-4167-B982-D862AE0DA785.jpeg

And likewise I’m in the market for any B/T barrel anyone wants to sell. Anything anyone wants to sell that is Q or fix related hit me up.
What a dick. Everyone knows I will pay more than this rube....

I have two Full Nelsons that I got a deal on. While I like the design of the cherry bomb and its attachment method—I remember guys with AAC mounts of various generations having trouble finding the exact mount for their can. With direct thread that issue doesnt exist. Plus there is a weight savings. Its a really good suppressor. Especially at the price I paid. Hence why I bought two.

I really dig the Full Nelson. It is pretty darn quiet, especially when shooting subs. I love when there’s no one at the range when I go, then I can leave my ear pro off and it’s a nice relaxing time at the range, until some uncivilized heathen shows up without a suppressor:cautious:
If I remember correctly the thunder chicken metered pretty darn close to the full nelson, I’ll find who posted the readings. Because the thunder chicken uses the cherry bomb for a mount, they were able to make it shorter because it doubles as the sacrificial baffle, just what I read. I went with the full nelson, pre-ordered mine, because I didn’t want to wait to pre-order the thunder chicken. All in all, I’m happy with my decision, kinda glad I don’t have to get a bunch of extra cherry bombs for my other guns.
View attachment 7013838View attachment 7013839
Thanks man. I appreciate you taking your time out to take those pics for me. Full Nelson has 2 more baffels so it should be quieter but I like the thunder chicken having the cherry bomb be the sacrificial replicable blast baffle.

@bachelorjack haha! Bro do you even proof carbon short 6.5 yet?

Thanks man. I appreciate you taking your time out to take those pics for me. Full Nelson has 2 more baffels so it should be quieter but I like the thunder chicken having the cherry bomb be the sacrificial replicable blast baffle.

@bachelorjack haha! Bro do you even proof carbon short 6.5 yet?

It's not the baffles, it's the capacity or volume. Full Nelson provides more volume

Last edited:
Q suppressor on top of my list for next can . since my kids don't shoot - keep wondering why I have so many already though

Q suppressor on top of my list for next can . since my kids don't shoot - keep wondering why I have so many already though

I've got the trash panda and really like it. Seems to be a good balance between size and sound reduction especially for hunting application. I've also got a full nelson waiting to be approved. Decided to buy that one instead of the thunder chicken because it will be dedicated to host.

I've got the trash panda and really like it. Seems to be a good balance between size and sound reduction especially for hunting application. I've also got a full nelson waiting to be approved. Decided to buy that one instead of the thunder chicken because it will be dedicated to host.

Same, half Nelson waiting in jail. It’ll be the end all be all can for the fix. Can’t wait!

It's not the baffles, it's the capacity or volume. Full Nelson provides more volume
Sure volume plays a part in that equation. But it isn’t the only part. Baffles matter as well. You could have a 10 inch can wirh zero baffles and it would Suck compared to the 8 inch can with them.

I usually dedicate cans to guns so I’m okay with the direct thread. Plus you’re right lots of 5/8-24 rifles. The attractive part about the thunder chicken besides the sacrificial blast baffle is the length. 8.1 is the ideal full length can size in my opinion. Well I need to make a decision here and get this baby going. Thanks for the input guys. I haven’t been able to find anyone who metered them back to back. I did find a half Nelson vs trash panda and he said they were exactly the same or he couldn’t tell the difference. But their length is a lot closer than these two.

Can is in the works but until then I atached the SPT HU-DU brake. It weights 4oz and the Cherry Bomb weighs 2oz. Results are amazing.

Before anyone says anything, yes I am aware he sounds super southern but these guys make a really great product that does perform for someone not running a can right now. The bounce and muzzle jump is literally gone when firing.

Attachments

• CB8DC136-3BC8-48CE-BC4E-F8D077DC4783.jpeg
    CB8DC136-3BC8-48CE-BC4E-F8D077DC4783.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DE0B0F24-757B-4892-B30D-B026DFF509D8.jpeg
    DE0B0F24-757B-4892-B30D-B026DFF509D8.jpeg
    460.1 KB · Views: 127
Has anyone tried the 10 rounder from ASC? Allows 2.865 seating and it can be found for 12-17 bucks. Reviews seem good... I think im gonna try one.

Edit: the reviews I was reading on mag warehouse seem to include ALL 308 mags including Pmags etc. I found reviews for just the ASC mags on cheaper than dirt and it is really bad... this is why I happily pay more for KAC. It just works.

Yes. The spring is super aggressive and will cause issues feeding smoothly. I cut a few coils off the bottom to reduce tension and they work well now. Still won't feed most Berger 140 GR loads but the stock pmags wouldn't either.

ETA, I do experience worse malfunctions if I short stroke the bolt then the pmags though. Likely from taking one too many coils from the spring as the round below the one being fed is pushed forward sufficiently by the bolt to pop it free of the mag. So go slow in cutting it as too little tension will potentially cause problems.

My next mod is a small bag rider for the rear underside of the stock. I want a wider footprint to sit on be bag and a finger hook as a purchase point as my usual technique is a squeeze and pull of the bag with a finger or two on that hook. I've been using the buttpad plate but it's not quite there in terms of comfort and it's hurting my consistency. Bag rider will be made from a small block of black UHMW plastic.

Last edited:
Same. None of them. What primers are you using @thestacche Q does say you can’t use mil hard primers. My pmag feeds great but I plan to switch to a KAC mag for more length.

Yeah you can’t buy KAC mags here. Only PMAGs or DPMS and they need to be specially ordered through brownells.

It’s alright after my dealings with KB today I’m selling it. Never giving him money again.

Reactions: rwest309