• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Yeah you can’t buy KAC mags here. Only PMAGs or DPMS and they need to be specially ordered through brownells.

It’s alright after my dealings with KB today I’m selling it. Never giving him money again.

lol i almost fell out of my chair when i read the response. it is funny but at the same time damn....WTF

Reactions: thestacche
Everything has its price....I would sale my bt creed for the right amount...

I think the ideal usage is with a can

Yeah you can’t buy KAC mags here. Only PMAGs or DPMS and they need to be specially ordered through brownells.

It’s alright after my dealings with KB today I’m selling it. Never giving him money again.
Dude. You can sell it if you want to. But seriously go listen to the latest podcast #18 wirh Joe from SWR. Fast forward to 132:00 minutes in to 136:00.

The rifle stands on its own. Really. Now I also think you should take what he said to you with a chuckle. I personally chuckled. Know who he is. Know the rifle stands on its own. Look at it without him in the picture. Go listen to the podcast then come tell me you want to sell it still. If you do that’s fine. I’m keeping mine. It’s the best gun I’ve ever owned.

Cant help but chime in here. I love the Fix, I love all the innovation Q has brought to the market, and am a huge fan of KB as an innovator. I don't, however, respect him as a person or his behavior whatsoever, but thats not going to stop me from buying his products. He mentioned that in the podcast you just brought up, but that same logic definitely isn't going to apply to everyone. There are so many other high quality, good shooting, lightweight rifles available today that not respecting the company's owner could absolutely play into someone's decision whether or not to buy the Fix, and I think many people have mentioned that before in this thread.

I didn't listen to much more than the 4 minutes you mentioned, but where Kevin loses me in that podcast is where he said "I'm so sick of judgement." Motherfucker, you literally spit out judgement on EVERY POST on your instagram.

Dude. You can sell it if you want to. But seriously go listen to the latest podcast #18 wirh Joe from SWR. Fast forward to 132:00 minutes in to 136:00.

The rifle stands on its own. Really. Now I also think you should take what he said to you with a chuckle. I personally chuckled. Know who he is. Know the rifle stands on its own. Look at it without him in the picture. Go listen to the podcast then come tell me you want to sell it still. If you do that’s fine. I’m keeping mine. It’s the best gun I’ve ever owned.

Uh oh.... Somebody must have said something bad about Q

4e155fda4d91ed9399968392ae4867e5.jpg

Never saw it coming

• Haha
Reactions: Tunnuh
I have the short top rail too. It's awesome. The extra rails sections seem to align perfectly with it height wise for those other clip on users. There is a weight savings with both short top rail and add a rail section on the top vs the full length standard top rail. I will try to get a picture.

I'm buying barrels. If anyone has a barrel, a take off or whatever---gimme a shout. I also have an extra 308 BT barrel that I would trade for a 6.5 BT barrel. Just wanted to throw that out there...

A lot of the last 10 pages are from guys who don't understand what an unsuppressed 16" barreled .308 is all about. Simply put it's unpleasant. You likely bought the wrong gun. If you had a suppressor to put on it--then you would be the target market. It would all make sense to you and the planets would align. Might even hear music. Otherwise it's going to suck. Because short .308s suck. That's just the nature of the beast.

I'm in Columbia SC for the next few months. I have two of these Fix's now. And a pile of barrels and other stuff. In case anyone wants to buy me a drink and have me unfuck their setup they can't get to group. I'm also willing to buy any BT barrels that don't shoot--no questions asked.

Just did a piss poor job following badgers half ass directions (should have known better but the torque wrench was under some shit in the closet and you know how that goes)... but I did end up getting the torque wrench out and corrected the issue. So no unfucking necessary. Shoots well now. Also, the 16" isn't bad. I was expecting some crazy invigorating experience but it really just shot about like any other .308. Kinda boring. Suppressor is on the way tho. Had to sell my other 2 to a trustee when he and my cousin divorced... lesson learned... always be primary.

It’s just his online persona. I can understand how he is...dishes the shit right back to people but when you talk to him personally he is a very legit dude. Some folks dislike his abrasive ways and some find the comedy behind it.

Cant help but chime in here. I love the Fix, I love all the innovation Q has brought to the market, and am a huge fan of KB as an innovator. I don't, however, respect him as a person or his behavior whatsoever, but thats not going to stop me from buying his products. He mentioned that in the podcast you just brought up, but that same logic definitely isn't going to apply to everyone. There are so many other high quality, good shooting, lightweight rifles available today that not respecting the company's owner could absolutely play into someone's decision whether or not to buy the Fix, and I think many people have mentioned that before in this thread.

I didn't listen to much more than the 4 minutes you mentioned, but where Kevin loses me in that podcast is where he said "I'm so sick of judgement." Motherfucker, you literally spit out judgement on EVERY POST on your instagram.
Oh totally. He’s an ass. Often. And he totally contradicts himself like you mentioned. But you all are missing the point in my humble opinion. He isn’t the fix. And the fix isn’t him. Yes he had a hand in it and made it possible. But what about the other 5 engineers? But the rifle should stand on its on. When you go to buy gas do you go inquire about the owner to see if he’s a wife beater or pays his taxes? Before buy ANYTHING do you inquire about the person who funded/designed/marketed/sold it? No. I’d wager you don’t. His marketing offends a few. I get it. It isn’t how I’d do it either. But it’s working. A year backlog on rifles. Why? Because the rifle is awesome. If someone had an inferior product, but was a super nice guy would you buy it? No it isn’t the only lightweight rifle. But find me one it compares to. Really. I looked and I can’t find one.

I’m not a Kevin apologist. But what happened our country? When did we become so thin skinned? Can’t anyone laugh at it? I can. He doesn’t insult people’s wives or mothers.

@midsouthcarolina

Your Posts hating on Q: 123
Your Posts positive about anything: 0

He will lose SOME business because he’s an ass sometimes. He doesn’t care. He doesn’t want that business I guess. But who actually hates the RIFLE? Trolls and employees of rival companies only?

I love mine. Haters gonna hate. I ain’t even mad at it.

Anyone know the dB reduction for the Q cans?... can't find it listed in their specs

Its not published.

It doesnt matter because you cant directly compare that way.

To directly compare you would need measurements taken on the same day back to back on the same host with the same ammo. My cans meter differently here in Columbia, SC then they do in Atlanta, GA. Same can. Same host. Same ammo. Same meter. Different days and different locations.

No one tells you new guys that....

Anyone know the dB reduction for the Q cans?... can't find it listed in their specs

This is one of the few dB ratings I’ve ever seen. Discreet Ballostics did this testing using their ammo in the same gun and metering from the same spot. Done in one day. It was done in conjunction with someone else, I just can’t remember who. They also tested .22 cans and posted the readings.
C3D6679F-9417-4AF8-AABB-B7BE581B449B.png

Reactions: midSCarolina
Its not published.

It doesnt matter because you cant directly compare that way.

To directly compare you would need measurements taken on the same day back to back on the same host with the same ammo. My cans meter differently here in Columbia, SC then they do in Atlanta, GA. Same can. Same host. Same ammo. Same meter. Different days and different locations.

No one tells you new guys that....

So basically if someone says it is a dB reduction of 32-36, it is shit info? I’d assume it would all stay relative tho... if one can is quieter here in Columbia, it would still be quieter in Atlanta? Is it mainly just temp and pressure affecting it? I feel like you could give a pretty realistic range. Doesn’t really matter anyways I guess... screw the shit on the rifle and shit gets quieter. I just didn’t feel like going down the KB rabbit hole again so I thought I’d ask

Thanks @Akdodge88 that was what I was looking for

Last edited:
Can is in the works but until then I atached the SPT HU-DU brake. It weights 4oz and the Cherry Bomb weighs 2oz. Results are amazing.

Before anyone says anything, yes I am aware he sounds super southern but these guys make a really great product that does perform for someone not running a can right now. The bounce and muzzle jump is literally gone when firing.

You're Fix looks pretty damn good. What rings (and height) are those? I bought a Fix about 3 weeks ago and have that mark 5hd on order.. I'm just trying to get an idea of what it's going to look like when I finally get home to it in a few months (overseas now).

Edit: I thought the "REPLY" would include the photo I'm referencing but obviously I was wrong. Whoops

So basically if someone says it is a dB reduction of 32-36, it is shit info? I’d assume it would all stay relative tho... if one can is quieter here in Columbia, it would still be quieter in Atlanta? Is it mainly just temp and pressure affecting it? I feel like you could give a pretty realistic range.

Yes its shit info designed to trick newbies into buying crap products. Its not a measure of quiet in the first place. Its a measure of “sound pressure level” or spl which is a pressure measurement. And its exponential not linear. So 36db reduction is many times larger than 32db. Less db doesnt directly relate to percieved quiet to the human ear. The frequency of the sound plays a far larger role—yet is purposely avoided. Because the concept was preventing hearing loss. Not actually being quiet.

How much does the can weigh?
Is the bore EDM’d to eliminate any missalignment caused from assembly?
Mounting system?
Tone?
Repeatablity in poi?
Amount of back pressure it adds?
Material and assembly method?
Is it welded? Are the welds good or crap laser welds?
Warranty?

All more important than bogus numbers created on a random day that arent repeatable with any degreee of certantity. Hence why KB says publising numbers is dumb. And after years of metering cans for suppressor companies myself—I have to agree with him.

Yes its shit info designed to trick newbies into buying crap products. Its not a measure of quiet in the first place. Its a measure of “sound pressure level” or spl which is a pressure measurement. And its exponential not linear. So 36db reduction is many times larger than 32db. Less db doesnt directly relate to percieved quiet to the human ear. The frequency of the sound plays a far larger role—yet is purposely avoided. Because the concept was preventing hearing loss. Not actually being quiet.

How much does the can weigh?
Is the bore EDM’d to eliminate any missalignment caused from assembly?
Mounting system?
Tone?
Repeatablity in poi?
Amount of back pressure it adds?
Material and assembly method?
Is it welded? Are the welds good or crap laser welds?
Warranty?

All more important than bogus numbers created on a random day that arent repeatable with any degreee of certantity. Hence why KB says publising numbers is dumb. And after years of metering cans for suppressor companies myself—I have to agree with him.

Good info

You're Fix looks pretty damn good. What rings (and height) are those? I bought a Fix about 3 weeks ago and have that mark 5hd on order.. I'm just trying to get an idea of what it's going to look like when I finally get home to it in a few months (overseas now).

Edit: I thought the "REPLY" would include the photo I'm referencing but obviously I was wrong. Whoops
Rings are Badger Mediums. They are just a hair tall enough but it feels pretty good. The only complaint I have is with that height you have to fold the stock to remove the bolt. The bolt hits the riser with this setup. Not a big deal but something to keep in mind.

Reactions: crimson25
Rings are Badger Mediums. They are just a hair tall enough but it feels pretty good. The only complaint I have is with that height you have to fold the stock to remove the bolt. The bolt hits the riser with this setup. Not a big deal but something to keep in mind.

I have the ultra high (1.4") unimount and I have to fold the stock to remove the bolt

Last edited:
I’ve had a Leupold MK5 3.6-18 mounted in a Spuhr 5002 (1.5” height) and now a S&B Ultra Short 3-20 mounted in a Spuhr 4002 (1.5” height). Not sure what the scope or mount has to do with removing the bolt, mine has to be folded to remove the bolt regardless.

I’ve had a Leupold MK5 3.6-18 mounted in a Spuhr 5002 (1.5” height) and now a S&B Ultra Short 3-20 mounted in a Spuhr 4002 (1.5” height). Not sure what the scope or mount has to do with removing the bolt, mine has to be folded to remove the bolt regardless.
I’m pretty sure if the riser is high enough the bolt can be removed wothout folding the stock. Higher rings would put the riser higher for proper alignmnet and the slide could be removed without folding the stock. I’ll have to double check when I get home. Hell maybe I’m full of shit.

I’m pretty sure if the riser is high enough the bolt can be removed wothout folding the stock. Higher rings would put the riser higher for proper alignmnet and the slide could be removed without folding the stock. I’ll have to double check when I get home. Hell maybe I’m full of shit.

Well I’ve got about the highest mount you’d need to run for any optic and to align with clip ons and mine isn’t high enough to do that.

I’m not sure why it matters though? There’s really no reason to be pulling the bolt other than to clean or to take bullet OAL measurements and both of those you’d need the stock folded to do anyway. That’s one of the huge benefits of folding stocks is not having to mess with your cheek piece to do so.

I was just thinking that... I’m pretty sure it was the cheek riser that was in the way

You fold the stock to remove the bolt on almost all stocks with adjustable cheek pieces. Otherwise you would have to pull the cheek piece and reset its height each time.

Raise your hand if this is your first big boy rifle!

Yea yea very funny. I couldn't remember if it could slip under there or not. I haven't paid much attention to it after sighting it in. Don't be a dick, AS

Last edited:
This is how high it has to be to pull the bolt without folding the stock.. With how high some ppl run their optics these days i'm sure there are ppl that can do it. Its easier to just fold the stock anyways so doesn't really matter

hEH7Dqi.jpg

Attachments

• CR.jpg
    CR.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 101
This is how high it has to be to pull the bolt without folding the stock.. With how high some ppl run their optics these days i'm sure there are ppl that can do it. Its easier to just fold the stock anyways so doesn't really matter

hEH7Dqi.jpg
Looks good with the NF. I’m a big fan of theirs. I’ve only ever had one optic or theirs that sucked. The NX8 has the worst reticle. It was a good scope but the Mil reticle in it was useless.

Looks good with the NF. I’m a big fan of theirs. I’ve only ever had one optic or theirs that sucked. The NX8 has the worst reticle. It was a good scope but the Mil reticle in it was useless.

I've always liked NF... I'm sure there are better scopes out there but I can usually find one in my budget and I haven't had one let me down yet. That being said, i didn't like the nx8 reticle either and went with a triji 1-8x, but mainly because I thought the locking turrets were kinda cool. The thing ended up being a boat anchor and the weight of my MRP compounded the issue, but it was a solid package as long as I was just doing the standard bench/prone stuff. The triji's reticle was a little on the clunky side too but I typically just dialed 1.5 mils and used the finer tick marks for precision type work.

Anyone have the current lead time on the 16” 308 direct from Q? Placed my order in December. I know I have a bit but have heard anywhere from 6-10 months.

Anyone have the current lead time on the 16” 308 direct from Q? Placed my order in December. I know I have a bit but have heard anywhere from 6-10 months.
Yeah what Hobbes said. They said rifles are a year out. But dude they keep saying over and over on their podcast. Call and schedule a customer build. You skip to the front of the line. I see you’re in PA. That can’t be that many hour drive to Portsmouth NH. I’d kill to be able to build my own gun. I got a steal on mine but if you’d offered me a build day and customization or 500 off MSRP I’d have taken the build myself every time. You get to pick your parts and your plastics and they ship it to your dealer a week after you build it.

Reactions: Gotlag1789
I’d try and do a customer build day like @Movistar said. If I didn’t like so day far away on the wrong side of the country, and what’s still considered “remote”, I would have done it in a heartbeat. I’d love to do a customer build on my miniFix.
All you have to do is contact their customer service and schedule it, doesn’t cost anything extra, but beer is recommended upon arrival.

KB has done some cool stuff and market wants it. Helll I want one more now after listening to his podcasts
I hope the 8.6 creedmoor flies

Do you have instagram, Q is always posting screen shots to dealers who get them in stock semi-regularly. Ordering through a dealer was much quicker. I ordered a 6.5 from Inerstate guns and had it shipped to my FFL. White Birch Armory is another dealer who I see getting some.

You're going to be waiting for a while, I was told close to a year when I asked about backlog on new orders. Dealers are the way to go and you're going to pay the same or a little less and have it in a few days. If you're patient and do a little hunting you can get a deal too. My first one a few months back I paid $2925 shipped from White Birch Armory with a Proof 6mm Creedmoor barrel which was over $400 less than others were listing Proof models for including WB. I just ordered my second (a 16" 308) from Brownells (also in stock) and paid $2735 after the 10% coupon code.

I ordered mine through my local shop. $2,700. He said he was told 8-10 months which was long. A full year is unbearable. Due to being a small shop and special order mine is paid in full.

I ordered mine through my local shop. $2,700. He said he was told 8-10 months which was long. A full year is unbearable. Due to being a small shop and special order mine is paid in full.
Even though you ordered through your local shop, it still might not hurt to try and do the customer build. It would skip the line and you could get it within a week or two of building it.

Yeah that’s further than I guessed haha. It’s worth waiting for in my opinion but I wouldn’t be able to wait that long. I found mine in stock for a couple hundred less than you paid. Thanks to a member here who pointed me in the right direction.

It’s my favorite gun. I’ve been accused of being a fanatic. But I’m telling you it’s that good in my opinion. I love KAC and Noveske and I’d put this on that level for fit and finish. It’s so innovative too. Taking it apart and putting it back together you just sit there and say “yes that makes perfect sense” the whole time. You can see a lot of the engineering decisions and they all work together. It’s awesome.

I may try. Just not sure I want to make a 9hr 571 miles one way trip, lol.
Hey, that’s better than my 92hr 5,014 mile road trip or 16hr $1,500 one-way airfare that I would have to make. You could always look into a plane flight. Maybe you have better patience than I do.

It’s just his online persona. I can understand how he is...dishes the shit right back to people but when you talk to him personally he is a very legit dude. Some folks dislike his abrasive ways and some find the comedy behind it.
Hes just as big of an ass in person as well.

Reactions: rwest309
wonder how long after ordering can you get a build date of? said they only build on fridays on last podcast . might as well get gun and can