• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

I have found that PMAGS are terrible in the Q, feed issues in my 22” 6.5 rifle about 20% of the time. I have tossed the PMAGS and only use Lancer, DPMS steel or Hexmags (.308 Hexmags are only $12-$15 and work 100%).

this pic is from shooting in the desert last weekend.

View attachment 7309045
Thanks, that’s my next plan. Probably buy a Lancer and a KAC mag. Pretty ridiculous the mags that come factory with the gun don’t work.

With who? I bought it through a gun store and there are zero returns on firearms. So I call the manufacturer and ask for a refund? It sounds impossible but worth a shot I guess. Very doubtful.

I returned my Fix due to poor feeding. Took a while and a few emails but they replaced my receiver and bolt. Gun runs excellent now. Prefers Hornady 140gr BTHP in 6.5 Creed with PMags. With the preferred mag/Ammo combo I can run the bolt slow like my AIAT. Not saying it is as good as my AI but it does feel nice. Loving this little rifle now.

Has anyone added a bolt knob to their bolt handle? I saw way back in this thread one person that added a delrin ball that still fit with the stock folded, looking to add something to mine to help with heavy bolt lift (I only notice it on some heavier loads, no pressure signs on the primers).

At home in quarantine is giving me time to work on some projects. I added the Smoke Composites carbon fiber grip. It is expensive but so was this rifle. The fit, feel, and finish of the grip Is perfect. I highly recommend it!!! I also switched to the Nightforce ultra light rings, and Q 8.5” rail. Rifle weighed in before at 8.22lbs and now weighs 7.47lbs

Attachments

• 0F09FE14-0BE4-40CE-B591-89F9222D0AB9.jpeg
    0F09FE14-0BE4-40CE-B591-89F9222D0AB9.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 291
If anyone is looking for an extra 22" 6.5 barrel i've got one listed in the PX.

OK. Filled out the form. Attached a video clip illustrating the feed problem. One email clarification request from them afterwards. They then immediately sent me a prepaid FedEX label via email. Just got back from dropping it off. Can't complain about how easy and painless the RMA process was.

I just heard from Q that they are replacing my receiver and will cover FFL fees. Fingers crossed that this will resolve feeding problems.

I received my Bartlein 6mm creedmoor Dave Tooley chambered for me. It's pretty much the 308 barrel dimensions with a 6mm hole. I sent it to Q for the barrel extension, easy process. 2 lbs 14 3/8 oz qith no muzzle device. Hopefully get to test it out on some prairie dogs soon.

Well now that I have a 6mm Creedmoor I understand what you guys are talking about with some of the feeding issues. If I try to chamber a Berger 105 VLD Hunting bullet seated at mag length it jams into the barrel below the chamber if run slow. If I run fast then it chambers but deforms the meplat and almost closes the hollow point e.g. useless for hunting. If I chamber a Hornady 108 ELDM at mag length it will slightly contact the barrel below the chamber but will chamber the round even running slow and the polymer tip doesn't deform since it can take a bit of a hit during chambering and keep its shape. Shorter bullets do not have this issue like 70 or 87 grain bullets and this is because the case shoulder hits the feed ramps before the bullet hits the barrel. So looking at this, I think the problem is the distance from the barrel face to the outside of the extension being to short for modern high BC bullets. I think if they extended this space and made the bolt accordingly this could solve this type of feeding issues, not the floppy mag problems though.

I checked my 308 barrel after all of this and I can see where the bullet is just kissing the barrel face, maybe 0.010" to 0.015" below the chamber. With the 6mm its half the barrel thickness at the chamber.

Reactions: Rootshot
Well now that I have a 6mm Creedmoor I understand what you guys are talking about with some of the feeding issues. If I try to chamber a Berger 105 VLD Hunting bullet seated at mag length it jams into the barrel below the chamber if run slow. If I run fast then it chambers but deforms the meplat and almost closes the hollow point e.g. useless for hunting. If I chamber a Hornady 108 ELDM at mag length it will slightly contact the barrel below the chamber but will chamber the round even running slow and the polymer tip doesn't deform since it can take a bit of a hit during chambering and keep its shape. Shorter bullets do not have this issue like 70 or 87 grain bullets and this is because the case shoulder hits the feed ramps before the bullet hits the barrel. So looking at this, I think the problem is the distance from the barrel face to the outside of the extension being to short for modern high BC bullets. I think if they extended this space and made the bolt accordingly this could solve this type of feeding issues, not the floppy mag problems though.

I checked my 308 barrel after all of this and I can see where the bullet is just kissing the barrel face, maybe 0.010" to 0.015" below the chamber. With the 6mm its half the barrel thickness at the chamber.

I think I finally gave in and tweaked the feed lips on my kac mags to alleviate the issue. I just keep them with the fix so they don't get mixed in with the others.

I received my Bartlein 6mm creedmoor Dave Tooley chambered for me. It's pretty much the 308 barrel dimensions with a 6mm hole. I sent it to Q for the barrel extension, easy process. 2 lbs 14 3/8 oz qith no muzzle device. Hopefully get to test it out on some prairie dogs soon.
Just wondering how much did Q charge you for the barrel extension? I have a Q 308 barrel but I used the extension on a new 6.5 barrel so I would like to get an extension for it.

Hit the desert yesterday with my 22” 6.5CR Fix, I was able to get a hit at 1900 yds on my 2nd shot of the day (semi cold bore I guess), using 147 Gr Hornady ELD Match handloads, then practiced at 1760 yds and 1000 yds (18” gong). The wind at my back really helped today

Attachments

• 9EBB73A7-003C-4640-861E-04DA5482C74A.jpeg
    9EBB73A7-003C-4640-861E-04DA5482C74A.jpeg
    590.3 KB · Views: 181
  • E0E4B9BC-6C2D-48B7-96B6-DC1634767947.jpeg
    E0E4B9BC-6C2D-48B7-96B6-DC1634767947.jpeg
    538.7 KB · Views: 178
I think I finally gave in and tweaked the feed lips on my kac mags to alleviate the issue. I just keep them with the fix so they don't get mixed in with the others.

I need to pick up a couple of extra mags and play with this and hopefully it works.

Just wondering how much did Q charge you for the barrel extension? I have a Q 308 barrel but I used the extension on a new 6.5 barrel so I would like to get an extension for it.

$200 shipped back to me.

Reactions: FMJ
Word is Brittingham was ousted by the investors. Maybe there's a chance for a normal business relationship now.
I’m not surprised.
he was an ass.
I didn’t have a problem with him but He definitely wasn’t the best example of a business presence on this forum.

Reactions: spife7980
As I understand he has said before he is primarily doing the marketing/design and someone else is handling day to day (Ethan maybe)

I am not sure this is anything nefarious

Word is Brittingham was ousted by the investors. Maybe there's a chance for a normal business relationship now.
Source?

Are there even "investors"? From they way he talks on his podcast I dont see he being interested in having any investors or even needing them. But also sounds like he is not interested in running the day to day operations .

Last edited:
I'm a venture capital investor (in tech, not guns). Moving a CEO / founder of an early stage company into a different role is relatively common. Not everyone is cut out to be a CEO but can generally continue to add significant value in other parts of the business. No shame in this.

Source?

Are there even "investors"? From they way he talks on his podcast I dont see he being interested in having any investors or even needing them. But also sounds like he is not interested in running the day to day operations .
I'm a venture capital investor (in tech, not guns). Moving a CEO / founder of an early stage company into a different role is relatively common. Not everyone is cut out to be a CEO but can generally continue to add significant value in other parts of the business. No shame in this.
The shame comes from not paying your bills and how you treat people.

Where has the old boy been? It’s been a while since he’s been on here taking down to people

The whole story of KB being kicked out seems to be over exaggerated based on a number of forums

From his own words, he still owns 70 percent of the company And his investors hold the other 30 percent, which I would take to mean he holds absolute voting power on the board(I’m not in corporate areas so I really don’t know). How would that equate to being ousted, kicked out or any related drivel? The CEO isn’t always the owner and vice versa.

After what happned with AAC it sounds like he would never give up control of the company to "investors " but would todaly be fine giving away day to day work load . Lol

He didn't want to run the operations anymore so he could have more time to troll you haters. It's still his company which means he has final say in everything.

Technically what he should have done is remained CEO and brought on a COO, and just focused on the marketing side more like he wants to do and let the COO run operations. The stepping down or whatnot doesn't make a lot of sense, but maybe he did it to give you guys something to talk about.

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo
Anybody heard of Q is still working a magnum bolt face for the SAUM/WSM cartridges?

Anybody heard of Q is still working a magnum bolt face for the SAUM/WSM cartridges?
Pretty sure they scrapped the idea of different bolt faces and are doing different size rifles. ie: mini fix, fix, mega fix. But I could be wrong. I can ask on instagram and see what they say.

Reactions: Hondo1
I have rifles that cost twice the price but this Q is f*cking cool. Do you think I can punch my 16 Proof 6.5 Creed out to a 6.5 Sherman Short Tactical. I have a Axial Precision in that cal. and it f*cking rocks. I have a 400's serial number Q and have never had feeding issues. Is 16" to short for the 6.5SST?

i think there were issue with mag feed and if there was enough demand to justify the engineering time.

eventually I think they want to release a mega fix with aics mags in 300 prc, that Is prolly a ways off as they are having Trouble keeping up with demand as is. Although I would prefer a mini fix in 6mm arc

Anyone have a picture of a FIX with a AMG on it?
I’m thinking about moving my MK5 to another rifle and going with a AMG on the FIX if it doesn’t dwarf the rifle.

Reactions: Painless300
I think scotch egg does. May try to check his posts

i am leaning towards a vortex gen 3 on my 16in 308...prolly shoot that for a while then turn down my 22in Creed into a 16-18 inch