• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The HIDE is under attack!

Three Two more for the ignore list.
I guess you won't see this then.....

bunny-pancake.jpg

I posted a meme on that thread yesterday, probably bad idea in retrospect.
I did sign up to participate in that thread after Nov 3. It was amazing amount of info. I'd defend myself by saying I have a long standing account on 65creedmoor but that would probably get me banned too.

Make no mistake ,their are probably some infiltrators in here trolling as we speak.
gotta keep an eye out for who just registered and the kind of post they start..
I'm new and even from a chit hole like Maryland. Even though, no troll here. Just read posts more than making them.

Although I am now trying to figure out what my next precision gun is. Love my 338, but want more options.

I think a lot of the Anti-2A bills are being filed for the same reason. Tie us up fighting legislation that is not likely to succeed while they slip pork and graft into other bills.
Not all new members are infiltrators. I signed up mainly because I enjoy the motivational picture thread, but I am also worried about the push of anti 2A legislation.

Last edited:
I posted a meme on that thread yesterday, probably bad idea in retrospect.
I did sign up to participate in that thread after Nov 3. It was amazing amount of info. I'd defend myself by saying I have a long standing account on 65creedmoor but that would probably get me banned too.
Hahaha
Im in the same boat, I signed up after wanting to participate in the 223AI thread and kindof settled in. I know Im new but been lurking for years. I used to moderate a different Gun forum for a while but it burnt me out and had to step back from participating in internet messaging as i was getting too Wyatt Earp. Some may recognize my handle.

It is certaintly anyone's prerogative to simply block someone based on post count. I usually take a look at their posting stats when I read their text. I think the important lesson is remembering that nothing is ever deleted and always stay vigiliant. These are crazy times and I know I value the support I receive on the Hide.

Last edited:
It is certaintly anyone's prerogative to simply block someone based on post count. I usually take a look at their posting stats when I read their text. I think the important lesson is remembering that nothing is ever deleted and always stay vigiliant. These are crazy times and I know I value the support I receive on the Hide.
^^^^^this implies that people would take on the personal responsibility to actually determine "good" and "evil", define the terms, then decide which they wanted to be.

To put this in context, about half the country, according to published statistics, believes that after 47 years in politics Biden will "solve the problems of our Republic" this time.

I'm here because The Files doesn't have a night vision section and I wanted to be able to ask questions and get answers from someone who actually has experience.

I ended up creating a profile on The Files because Teague and Nails put up a wall to the News and Politics section.

I went there because working in Land Use on the 4x4 boards I got tired of explaining to people who couldn't be bothered to understand why Public Land was being closed and that "all land use decisions are political decisions" means you have to vote and you have to pressure the elected representatives if you expect to get anything.

Zero fucks were then applied to solving the problems while 99% of the people expected 1% of the people, usually "some old retired guy" to do all the work to keep the trails open so they could have fun and go out and play.

It's the same thing here only on a larger scale as the problems to be solved are exponentially more intrusive as to their impact on every facet of our lives.

I'll be 62 in a couple of weeks, at no point in my life did we ever shut down the entire world because someone may get the flu and die.

Batshit crazy doesn't even begin to approach describing the current state of affairs which is described as "the new normal".

There was already a word for what is going on and it is NOT normal, "abnormal" is the word.

Do I have to post the picture from Young Frankenstein with the "abnormal brain" to drive the point home because the collective attention span has diminished to the point where pictures are necessary?

Are we all that window-lickingly retarded now that the term "good parenting" means that Creepy Joe should be proud of his son Hunter because he got booted from the military because he is a cocaine addict, knocked up a stripper while fucking his dead brother's widow?

The Jerry Springer Show couldn't create content this despicable.

What is the "new" definition of "good"?

What is the "new" definition of "evil"?

Thank God I don't have kids, things have sure changed a lot since I was in school.

Ignoring the problem is how we got into this fucked up mess, it sure isn't going to get us out of it now.

Jeeze.
I’ve been on here for awhile, but really don’t post much. I’ll have to chime in with my perpetual optimism occasionally, to keep good standing.

Reactions: OldSalty2
I don't care if you post in a thread or not, but it would seem that if you subscribed to this forum, you must at the very least have a question or 2. It doesn't take much to participate on this forum.

If I can do it, anyone can...

Jeeze.
I’ve been on here for awhile, but really don’t post much. I’ll have to chime in with my perpetual optimism occasionally, to keep good standing.
I don't think quantity is as important as quality.

If you only have a few posts and you're trolling 3/4 of the time then one could question why you're a member, but if you're asking questions, buying stuff, or generally just talking about shooting then people won't care.

I haven't been here that long either, but the knowledge is superb, so I try not to be a dick and fit in.

Reactions: wth
Got it, so baseless accusations based on your paranoia and anyone who openly disagrees with you must be a paid troll. You're adorable. Moron.

Respectfully, your contributions to this thread are validating the suspicion that some of the folks here have about new posters like you.

Passing interesting shooting, but many/most of your contributions are to stir the pot, insult people and/or their intelligence, and generally try to make the atmosphere here hostile. You seem like an intelligent person, so can you reasonably go back and look at your posting history and say that you're not trolling this place or trying to illicit negative responses?

At a minimum you're baiting people.

If you don't agree with the general sentiments of the community here why do you jump in at all? Why not just focus on shooting?

Fair point, but I'd counter that this is fairly normal approach to engaging with online echo-chambers and dog piles. I'm not sure it's accurate to point to any one-sided hostility here either. From my perspective it seems like some posters in this thread and elsewhere are actively creating a sense of hostility through an emphasis on in group behavior and reinforcing senses of other. Others (most?) seem to have a good enough sense of what might be seen as hostile banter to have a good time with it or at least avoid getting ruffled. Though I've got a new account here I have been lurking on and off since the Scout days so I have a bit more familiarity than it might seem based on account age.

I'm still early on in the process of learning to shoot properly after a long time just kind of guessing at it, so many of the questions I've got kicking around are things I'm sitting on until I have a better idea of how to even phrase them in a productive way.

Bear Pit has mostly been a way to pass the time while I'm wasting away on yet another conference call. Either way, point taken and worth considering but I'm unlikely to temper things much.

Fair point, but I'd counter that this is fairly normal approach to engaging with online echo-chambers and dog piles. I'm not sure it's accurate to point to any one-sided hostility here either. From my perspective it seems like some posters in this thread and elsewhere are actively creating a sense of hostility through an emphasis on in group behavior and reinforcing senses of other. Others (most?) seem to have a good enough sense of what might be seen as hostile banter to have a good time with it or at least avoid getting ruffled. Though I've got a new account here I have been lurking on and off since the Scout days so I have a bit more familiarity than it might seem based on account age.

I'm still early on in the process of learning to shoot properly after a long time just kind of guessing at it, so many of the questions I've got kicking around are things I'm sitting on until I have a better idea of how to even phrase them in a productive way.

Bear Pit has mostly been a way to pass the time while I'm wasting away on yet another conference call. Either way, point taken and worth considering but I'm unlikely to temper things much.

I can understand what your saying, but all they need to do is participate in a few threads. Talk about their issues. Add anything, even if it's not tech related. Just join the crowd like you would at work. Just try to fit in.

Some, however don't do that. If anything, some tend to want to call out someone or the group. That makes no sense at all. That's if you're interested in this forum. If you're looking to do harm, that would be the way I'd go about it. Try to divide and cause strife.

Doesn't that kinda sound like the way Demwits go about getting their way???

Reactions: obk
I’ve enjoyed my time here.

I got banned once already because my dark sense of humor and a quote from a movie was not appreciated or seen as humor. But I get it. The current political climate being what it is means LL has to try and protect his house.

I hope the gun forums I frequent can survive. I know every Patriot site is under attack and is under threat of disappearing or has been terminated already. I wish the best to you all. See you at the range!

Lotta great new guys sign up here.

Lotta guys show up and with no history of the site say they know everything.
And somehow believe they can do whatever they want on a private website.

Their BS is tiresome.

Careful out there New Guys! This one is Sexually Frustrated and ready to take it out on anyone, and any thing.

You're Welcome.

fairly normal approach to engaging with online echo-chambers

But, I wouldn't describe SH as an echo-chamber and approaching it as such won't work. Most of the people on here don't believe/feel the way we do simply because of the conversations on this site, but we genuinely believe it. You don't sway opinion by controlling the conversation when the conversation itself wasn't the controlling factor.

I got two calls today by the FBI. Both were for posts on forums whereas I was a new member with low post counts. So, I encourage you newer stupid conspiracy fucks to keep posting shit to avoid my predicament. BTW, Special Agent Dana Scully told me during my interview the only thing that is permanent is your post count.

^^^^^this implies that people would take on the personal responsibility to actually determine "good" and "evil", define the terms, then decide which they wanted to be.

To put this in context, about half the country, according to published statistics, believes that after 47 years in politics Biden will "solve the problems of our Republic" this time.

I'm here because The Files doesn't have a night vision section and I wanted to be able to ask questions and get answers from someone who actually has experience.

I ended up creating a profile on The Files because Teague and Nails put up a wall to the News and Politics section.

I went there because working in Land Use on the 4x4 boards I got tired of explaining to people who couldn't be bothered to understand why Public Land was being closed and that "all land use decisions are political decisions" means you have to vote and you have to pressure the elected representatives if you expect to get anything.

Zero fucks were then applied to solving the problems while 99% of the people expected 1% of the people, usually "some old retired guy" to do all the work to keep the trails open so they could have fun and go out and play.

It's the same thing here only on a larger scale as the problems to be solved are exponentially more intrusive as to their impact on every facet of our lives.

I'll be 62 in a couple of weeks, at no point in my life did we ever shut down the entire world because someone may get the flu and die.

Batshit crazy doesn't even begin to approach describing the current state of affairs which is described as "the new normal".

There was already a word for what is going on and it is NOT normal, "abnormal" is the word.

Do I have to post the picture from Young Frankenstein with the "abnormal brain" to drive the point home because the collective attention span has diminished to the point where pictures are necessary?

Are we all that window-lickingly retarded now that the term "good parenting" means that Creepy Joe should be proud of his son Hunter because he got booted from the military because he is a cocaine addict, knocked up a stripper while fucking his dead brother's widow?

The Jerry Springer Show couldn't create content this despicable.

What is the "new" definition of "good"?

What is the "new" definition of "evil"?

Thank God I don't have kids, things have sure changed a lot since I was in school.

Ignoring the problem is how we got into this fucked up mess, it sure isn't going to get us out of it now.
Yep, a couple decades ago (time flys) I was a memembr on a Yahoo Group called, "Just Runs". It was an off-road group concentrating on people meeting up to go on 4WD runs around SoCal. Group owner didn't want ANY off-topic posts. Not even discussion on how to fight the actions being taken to shut down/restrict fourwheeling in CA. He just wanted to take advantage of the work others were doing to keep those trails open.

Though he was quite happy to allow off-topic posts that benefited him personally. Such as when he rolled his Jeep and posted about it for sympathy, which got people posting to donate parts/money to help him fix it.

Last edited:
I got two calls today by the FBI. Both were for posts on forums whereas I was a new member with low post counts. So, I encourage you newer stupid conspiracy fucks to keep posting shit to avoid my predicament. BTW, Special Agent Dana Scully told me during my interview the only thing that is permanent is your post count.
If you believe that you are TRULY uninformed.

EVERY electronic communication in America is run through the million plus square foot NSA Data Center in Utah. Where it is first run through an algorythm looking for certain words/phrases and than cached and available to be searched in greater detail by the powers that be if they so desire. Make a comment that some car you saw was, "the bomb" and that gets kicked to the file to be looked at.

The average person never has an issue but if you happen to get on their radar for some reason (say get IDed as being on the front lines of a protest in support of Trump) they WILL dig through all that

I’ve enjoyed my time here.

I got banned once already because my dark sense of humor and a quote from a movie was not appreciated or seen as humor. But I get it. The current political climate being what it is means LL has to try and protect his house.

I hope the gun forums I frequent can survive. I know every Patriot site is under attack and is under threat of disappearing or has been terminated already. I wish the best to you all. See you at the range!

I told the padre the truth, man: I like it here. You get to do what you want. Nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dyin', and if that happens you won't know about it anyway. So what the fuck, man?

Here’s an idea! How about 300-500 post or more before anyone can even go into and view anything but a technical thread. Also could make their avatar a certain color like pink until they get up to a certain post count just so people can be aware. There are things that can be done to combat this why they are not is beyond me. Anybody who is truly into firearms and shooting long range will stick around anybody who will not is just here for the bullshit anyway.

ug.. I get it, but for new people like me, this pretty much takes me out of any conversations. Is what it is I suppose.

You could start a thread in the Bolt Action forum on barrel break in or scope levels or coriolis effect. Those usually get the post count up.
ug.. I get it, but for new people like me, this pretty much takes me out of any conversations. Is what it is I suppose.

Unlikely, but I'm also capable of distinguishing reality from fever dreams - it'd be all the more reason to work on rebuilding a sense of gun culture within the Democratic party and make non-partisan arguments against the government monopoly on violence. I agree with a lot of the surface level criticisms that are frequently parroted here, but disagree with how many of you arrive at them. 2A advocates have been making a decades long miscalculation by strictly aligning themselves with the GOP and allowing their identity as single issue voters to be sold to them by their handlers. It's a superficially effective tactic that'll undermine the goal of preserving 2A in this country.
The Dems have always had a gun culture. Their Jim Crow laws were rooted in stripping away the 2nd Amendment rights of blacks so they could not fight back. They are just not isolating themselves to blacks anymore. Now it all people that disagree with them.

"democrats" are killing each other at a record pace, and they don't care about gun laws because they aren't buying them at the lgs.

No it doesn’t it would take new accounts out of the Political/bullshit threads and make sure people are here for what this site is really about, LR rifle shooting and every thing that makes you a better shooter. If you got nothing to contribute to that and just want get into the political shit then you probably should find another forum....IMO

Reactions: Doctorwho1138