• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Latest GRADOUS Kill Stick has ARRIVED!! 16.5" 6.5x47L

I'd take her hunting as is ;) I Figure the 47 is about the ideal small bore SA round in barrels 16-18" as little will be gained but blast if going to say a 260.

You're right... I don't think there is much walking the north east that will take a dose of 130 gr moving 2700 fps that will continue on its way... I'll stick with the Varget for the time being, no sense in wasting barrel if it will do the job.

Dang that is SWEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!

I can't quit looking at it, you need to get it into the woods ASAP! Great Choice, don't you love it when a plan comes together.

RG has a 308 of mine as we speak, I can't WAIT to get it home!!! Seeing yours done is making the wait for mine even worse!!!

Bob, Anything this side of 500 yds is toast if you place your shot, if not further. Not that you intend to shoot that far, but no doubt, it will handle it. Enjoy and good hunting.

So will that Brake give much more blast to the shooter or not? Reduce rise and recoil?

So will that Brake give much more blast to the shooter or not? Reduce rise and recoil?
If it's anything like the full size FTE's that I own then almost all of the recoil will be eliminated and the blast won't affect the shooter since it is redirected to the sides.

Last edited:
Based on the pic, that's what I was thinking, thanks much Bob.

Man you are killing me! Lol. Nice shooting, and impressive ballistics in a low recoiling carbine. Sweet. Now go tag something ;)

not to familiar with x47 speed, is that 136 at 2720 fast, slow ,or where it should be?
going to go the 6.5 route soon and just collecting date … thanks.

not to familiar with x47 speed, is that 136 at 2720 fast, slow ,or where it should be?
going to go the 6.5 route soon and just collecting date … thanks.

For such a short barrel, that bullet is cruisin'! I get 2937 fps with 123's out of my 27" Surgeon Scalpel.

So in other words, with a heavier bullet in a 10.5" shorter, lighter, more maneuverable rifle, I'm only giving up 216 fps or 20.57 fps per inch of barrel lobbed off.

483 yards, 136 Scenar DRT!

null_zpsd35a9217.jpg

null_zps45a7edcb.jpg

null_zps3f014d36.jpg

Sweet rifle, nice deer...and frankly I'm still amazed a 16.5" 6.5x47 can push a 136 to 2720 without pushing pressure.

Pressure needed for any MV ;) Bob, nice job, congrats! Bet it's your new fave hunting rifle! No doubt, a 136 at 2700 in that shorty is hauling pretty good.

Bob, where did you hit the deer, and tell us about the damage from those new 136s? Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words fellas! He was cruising at the edge of the far side of the field right near the thick hardwoods about 40 mins or after sun up. I placed the shot directly through his heart (was only about half a heart left, the rest was pudding), exit wound was roughly the size of a golf ball.

Last edited:
Good terminal effects ;) And heck of great shot placement on your part! That's a great way to start out a new season with a new stick! Bet you smiled as soon as you saw all 4 hooves go up!

Badass, Bob!!!! I may throw a short barreled 6.5x47L together after keeping up with this thread. :)

Thanks Pablo!! I was pretty weary when I made the decision to have a barrel cut that short but I am sure glad I went ahead with the project.. It was a pleasure to carry today and I am glad I installed the brake. I was actually able to follow the vapor trail, watch the impact and see the hydrostatic shock of the bullet this morning on this buck. It truely was LIGHTS OUT!

BTW... Gradous just got this reamer and this was the first barrel chambered with it. It is perfect for the 136gr. Scenar & not to mention, they are on clearance @ midway for $314 per 1k!!

All the best,

Bob

For such a short barrel, that bullet is cruisin'! I get 2937 fps with 123's out of my 27" Surgeon Scalpel.

So in other words, with a heavier bullet in a 10.5" shorter, lighter, more maneuverable rifle, I'm only giving up 216 fps or 20.57 fps per inch of barrel lobbed off.

Do you think I would have the same results with a 260 or 6.5 CM? I would love to run a 16.5" or 18"...

Thanks in advance!

Bitchin' rifle BTW!

The Latest GRADOUS Kill Stick has ARRIVED!! 16.5" 6.5x47L

Do you think I would have the same results with a 260 or 6.5 CM? I would love to run a 16.5" or 18"...

Thanks in advance!

Bitchin' rifle BTW!

My 20" 260 has about 150 rounds down it and runs 140-142s at 2700fps with a moderate (43.0gr) charge of H4350. I hope to verify speeds at distance in the next month or so.

This is about 20fps/inch lower than my previous 26" 260 was with the same load.

Another guy here built a 18.5" Creedmoor and got (IIRC) 2640 with Hornady factory 140s and another with a 16.5" Creedmoor getting 2575 with ~42gr H4350.

That buck said something else. He said, "The BC is Very Very Dangerous"

hey Bob, I don't know how I missed this post from October. That rifle is the shit, brother! You got some cool toys, sir.

Congrats on the buck.

I'm gonna' have to give this damn place up. I can't save a penny to save my life!!!

awesome! really like what you got there!
been wanting to build a 6.5x55 with a 16-18" barrel.
wonder if the results would be similar?

I decided to tinker with the 100gr. Scenars today in the kill stick. Unfortunately, the wind was a little crazy (15 to 18 mph gusts...) I'd say the results are not to shabby for a 16.5" barrel... Overall, I am very happy with the performance of this rifle & I look forward to waffling a ground hog with these projectiles @ 2920fps!

40 gr. of Varget & NO PRESSURE signs!!

Bob,
Thanks for the info and help. Pulled the trigger on 18.5 6.5x47 today. I'm pumped about this one.

Updated the Kill Stick with a Nightforce 2.5-10x42 MOAR for this upcoming whitetail season... I have to admit, this is the perfect little tree stand carbine!

Last edited: