• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Marine....

Sendero_Man

OMWP... the way I roll
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 29, 2007
    Buffalo, Wyoming
    montanagunslings.com
    If you don't know GOD, don't make stupid remarks!!!!!!

A United States Marine was taking some college courses
    between assignments. He had completed 20 missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in.
    He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, "GOD, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform...

I'll give you exactly 15 min."

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes
    went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am GOD, I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got
    out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him;
    knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold.

The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently.

The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there
    looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to,
    noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked,
    "What in the world is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The Marine calmly replied,
    "GOD was too busy today protecting America 's
    soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid
    stuff and act like an idiot. So He sent me."

The classroom erupted in cheers!

Re: The Marine....

They way you people talk you'd think Jesus landed a jump jet in Jerusalem Square with Paul as his Combat Controller calling in air strikes against the Romans and Pharisees...

No, not an Atheist, I'm a Christian who feels God doesn't need PR or propaganda...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    2cghe8m.gif
    I'm a Christian who feels God doesn't need PR or propaganda...</div></div>

In case you missed it, this thread was posted in "Maggie's Drawers", and nothing screams "I'M A CHRISTIAN!!" like a bullshit meter. Well done.

Haha! Thats a good one! Never had a professor do that, but have had some that I wouldnt be surprised if they did.

or simply there is no god and our troops are trained well enough to protect themselves for the most part......

I'm athiest. This really makes no sense in terms of god having a presense. Someone got mad because they heard someone say there wasn't a god and was questioning it. So they got angry enough to punch them because they are not tolerant, opening minded or can't think?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheScopedOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I'm athiest.
    </div></div>

I went and looked up "Atheist" just to see how it was defined... here's what I found:

(Atheism) (Gr. “godlessness”). Denial of the existence of God. An atheist accepts only the material and physical world or what can be proven by reason.

Conclusion: Atheist - Person who's god is reason. Ironic huh?

Lol.
    Reason is and Idea just like your god is and Idea.
    Reasons between people can and will be different.
    Gods between people will be different.
    But atleast with logic, common sense, and science i have reason to believe there is no god.

Lol post counter.

PS i also don't think it should be "Denial" its Believe. Thats like saying christians are in denial that there is a god. But I'll let you all believe what you wanna believe.

Just saying there was no proof.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheScopedOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or simply there is no god and our troops are trained well enough to protect themselves for the most part......

I'm athiest. This really makes no sense in terms of god having a presense. Someone got mad because they heard someone say there wasn't a god and was questioning it. So they got angry enough to punch them because they are not tolerant, opening minded or can't think?

</div></div>

What do you believe happens to your mind/spirit when you die?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    What do you believe happens to your mind/spirit when you die? </div></div>

reincarnation?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheScopedOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol.
    Reason is and Idea just like your god is and Idea.
    Reasons between people can and will be different.
    Gods between people will be different.
    But atleast with logic, common sense, and science i have reason to believe there is no god.

Lol post counter.

PS i also don't think it should be "Denial" its Believe. Thats like saying christians are in denial that there is a god. But I'll let you all believe what you wanna believe.

Just saying there was no proof.</div></div>

Proof of what? Is there any such thing as an inch of faith? How about a pound? You have a set of ideas by which you measure things, including what is and isn't reality. You said it yourself, it's not denial, it's what you BELIEVE. Your faith says there is no God. The christian says faith itself is evidence that there is a God. You can argue who is right and wrong all you want, but ultimately either side is trying to use an inadequate measure to prove or disprove something that can't be quantified anyhow. Which side is correct isn't at all about what can be proved, it's ultimately about what you believe.

Having said that, I consider the consequences:

If you only have this life, don't spend it arguing with christians.

If you believe in a life after this one, don't waste it arguing with atheists.

If like me, you realize that both sides of the argument are comparing apples and oranges, quit reading all this crap and go get a laugh out of the "Motivational Pic" thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^^^

WELL SAID!!!

</div></div>

+1

I owe Sendero an apology thanks to someone PMing me about my post here. I took the post too literally and didn't really see that it was offered up as humour instead. Guess I'm getting cranky in my 40s.

Anyway, my apologies and I'll make more of an effort to see if I pass my own BS meter before calling it on others.

Roll on the weekend!

Politics and religion LOL

Tiz OK I just read a book called "An Interview with an Alien".

The author claims it's as true as the woman that sent the transcripts in...

I'll quote Sendero Man "If you don't know God, don't make stupid remarks". BTW I thought that was poetic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can smell BAN HAMMER!!!!</div></div>

This is easily remedied by washing your hands after scratching your butt. Just sayin'...

I'm an atheist, and found the story/joke funny. God or no God, everyone should be grateful to live in this country and to be protected by our Armed Forces. Thank you all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheScopedOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does one know god though? Anyone meet him? jw... </div></div>

It's little known concept these days called Faith....

The problem with Man, lately, is that he thinks he's bigger, tougher, and smarter than that which created him.....

It's just not cool anymore.....to be a lowly, humble, human.

You were given your own Free Will; if you want to be an athiest that's your choice...a poor one in my opinion, but it's yours none the less.

but we have grown to think.(evolution) Faith is just insurance for one personal hopes in my opinion.
    not trying to make anyone mad or upset/troll anyone just doesn't make since to beleive something with no facts.

Funny story or joke or religious motivator, whatever you want to call it. I liked it cuz a cocky a-hole got popped in the mouth for pushing his beliefs on others.
    Arguing about religion, no matter what side you are on, is just plain stupid and pointless. Waste of time to try and make someone believe or disbelieve something. Be true to yourself and believe what YOU WANT, just dont push it on others. Neither side can prove or disprove ANYTHING, but so many people still try to argue their side.
    Now here I am arguing about people arguing about religion hahaha

I like this one too. I'm sure it's popped up somewhere on here before.

"Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta , Georgia , told police he observed a male customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta , on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket... When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidewalk were four Marines collecting toys for the "Toys for Tots" program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of the Marines, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After Police and an ambulance arrived at the scene Cpl. Duggan was transported for treatment.

The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw...injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off of the curb after stabbing the Marine."

Marines get the job done.