• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"the military uses it so it must be awesome"

Joe we got handed some 48's from TPE, never had them before the deployment since they were Navy weapons. I would take those things over our 240's and SAWs any day of the weak. What were your complaints with the 48's? Our ran dirty or clean, always fired, and were easier to carry than the 240's. We put Elcans on them and they worked great for us up in the mountains where we were 90% of the time.

yes over 240's and saw's they are probably much better. we have constant parts breakage, if you do have one that runs consistantly then you end up turning into that guy on the football team who doesn't change his socks cuz your winning. The mk46's almost NEVER run with any serious real use. Then again our round counts are probably a little higher then most.

The M9 is a prime example. Here, let's use a 9mm that's the size of an AR pistol and less reliable than a Glock, with crappy mags. We carried Glock 19's, and nobody complained about that. Most people got the Clap too, and had a hard time getting rid of it. It must have been a keeper too, but I didn't get it.

At the end of the day politicians actually procure this crap for the good of their districts. And surely you trust your politicians.

Amen, Harvey. Building crap, or stuff that's not crap, means jobs. And as hard as a politician will fight to win a contract for their district, they will fight twice as hard to never lose it. Once their hooks are in, they are in deeply and it will usually be bloody removing them. So while the supply chain guys hate change, no politician wants to go back home and tell folks they need to look for new employment. And the marketing tag line almost always has patriotic over tones.

As for the mil-spec fanboys, I know at least a few who were in the military but were not trigger guys. Two in particular are constantly stuffing shit in my ear about this or that piece of gear they heard x, y, or z Rambo-man is using. Just like 10 year olds who, understandably, believe that using the same batting glove as some major leaguer will translate into home runs, these guys seem to think, not so understandably, that using all the shit some former 'insert-storied-unit-name-here' has festooned himself in will transform them into a battle filed uber berserker. It's Walter Mitty all over again.

Ha, we had one go down and they didn't have the parts to fix it. My team gunner became Gollum from Lord of the Rings with his "precious". No one was aloud to touch it because he didn't want it to go down. The three others we had never did go down, not sure how many rounds were through them though.

Bitch, bitch, bitch...

People who quibble about AR based weapons today probably weren't in 'Nam in the late '60's. Those folks had problems that probably got bunches of them killed. Mighta been me, even, 'cept I rotated home about a week or two before we were supposed to turn in our M-14's.

Soldiers have been grumbling about Mil-Spec since the days of the Roman Legions. Toughen up, Buttercup; the world is waiting for you to get yerass out there and save it.

Greg

Bitch, bitch, bitch...

Soldiers have been grumbling about Mil-Spec since the days of the Roman Legions. Toughen up, Buttercup; the world is waiting for you to get yerass out there and save it.

Greg

Turn the clock back and you'll find marines begging to keep their '03s.

Hey Dude, that coulda been this Marine with a death grip on his M-14 back in '67...

The good news is that the easiest way to tell when morale is low is to listen for the troops grumbling.

When they ain't, things are in the pooper...

Greg

Mil-Spec means one thing to me, LOWEST BIDDER! In 1990 Big Army took my 1911A1 away and gave me a $169 M9 (still in the bag with NSN/price sheet). Something about Air Bases in Italy, buy them or get out. Well, the M9 sucked in the sand, the little spring under the grip would fallout when cleaned with your toothbrush making the M9 a hammer. Saw a few fail then and more in 2003-2004, 2005, 2007-2008...... Want to talk about the bad M9 magazines? Be easier and shorter to talk about good issue ones.

The MIL we work with what it's issued. As bad as our systems can be it's our training and the NCO that keeps you going. Would I take my 1911A1 and my M60 back? Any day of the week but that won't happen.

Want a waste of money? Look at the millions wasted on the ACU uniform. Who the hell signed off on that waste?

I would buy something because 1) I have a use for it. 2) Its used and reviewed by others who use it for the same purposes I have. And 3) It gets the job done. Some stuff is mil-spec, some not, some better that what the guys in the service have.

I think that the military has also learned that some stuff they have is not that great, hence, nowadays they tend to have their own versions of what has been used by civillians, or an improved version of what they had.

On a related rant, I get so FUCKING tired about hearing how everybody's ___________ is what the SEALs use. As many times as I've heard that, you'd think SEALs all carry around big-rig trailers with them to hold all this "awesome" gear/guns/etc. and it's never Delta/Rangers/etc. its always and only the SEALs

#$!@%$$#%@ <-- rant

AMEN!!
I have all but stopped going to any gun shop around/north of Atlanta for this reason.
A bunch of jackasses they are.
I run in, grab my "allowed quantity" of ammo purchase & split.
(With the exception of Deercreek) The old guy comes out from behind the back wall wearing an oil stained leather apron & keeps is mouth shut except to say Thank You when you pay.

What annoys me are big mouth operators with a couple mickey mouse johnny come lately deployments throwing their fucking bird or tab around always trying to get free shit from companies like optics, guns , knives , gear and its always the same shit about testing it on their next deployment or gonna get you a contract.

Last edited:
The M110 I used were the most accurate "guns" in the service. What's wrong with the M110?

203 mm! (Damn, I'm getting old)
The reasons are obvious. Some of them:

• too big to conveniently carry one can make a point that this gun could carry you instead;
  • the ammo is too expensive and few stores sell it.

:D

Love the AR15 not a fan of the M9 would love to test out a M110... so if anyone will send me one I'll test it out and give everyone a review.

Love the AR15 not a fan of the M9 would love to test out a M110... so if anyone will send me one I'll test it out and give everyone a review.

I can testify that earlier versions of the 110 saved my young butt a number of times.

I would also relate that those bastiches who would fire them out over my cot around 3:00AM without any warning were a bunch of smug wiseacres. I know it's impossible, it was life-on-the-line necessary, and it was never personal; but it always felt like my cot was jumping up a foot each and every time. Helluva way to rouse the troops!

Looking back, it gives one pause to recognize that the Vietnam conflict was performed, for the most part, by a passel of 19 Y/O kids. We all hit the beach clueless, but knowledge was imparted rapidly, regardless. Obviously, some of that training was effective, and some other part of it was about how to fight WWII. Whatever...; it worked for this Marine.

Greg

Last edited:
Don't have a whole lot of experience with the 110 yet just a couple mags so I haven't passed judgement on it yet, other than I am not a fan of the trigger. I did have a love hate relationship with the SR-25/Mk-11s though...

I never had any problems with the M-16A2 I had when I was in or the M-249. I was talking to a friend who just got out and he did not like the new 249s they had. He said they jammed all the time. Who knows what is going on with them but I shot mine. I would like to know how many thousands of rounds went down range those 4 tubes.