• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The "New" Barrett MRAD Thread!!!!!!

Or just Cerakote your barrel, mags, Niightforce Scope, ARCA Rail, Bipod and Bagrider. :LOL:
Barett MRAD with Nightforce FDE1.jpg

Got my 300 PRC Proof Barrel in today, wasn't a terrible wait ordered it back in Oct. Need to find a solution for the shoulder being wider than the brake I have.
20220108_155800.jpg
20220108_161003.jpg
20220108_155806.jpg

Reactions: Dooby
Proof Research does the full build still need to order a B magazine.

Yeah the brake is by Rearden and works with all my suppressors. I rarely shoot unsuppressed now and days. My 6.5CM has the same brake so it works for the dedicated can for the MRAD.

As fair as weight I havent been able to find what the steel Barrett version is in weight. Proof says the 26" is 5lbs 3oz. But my 6.5CM 24" barrel is 6lbs 10oz

Has anyone heard of a .223 conversion kit for the MRAD? I'd be interested in one, or I will have to get it for the DT.

Has anyone heard of a .223 conversion kit for the MRAD? I'd be interested in one, or I will have to get it for the DT.
While Proof Research has the barrel extension’s to make an MRAD barrel in any caliber you want, the problem is finding a bolt face for .223 because to my knowledge Barrett doesn’t make a bolt face for anything smaller than a .308 cartridge family.

While Proof Research has the barrel extension’s to make an MRAD barrel in any caliber you want, the problem is finding a bolt face for .223 because to my knowledge Barrett doesn’t make a bolt face for anything smaller than a .308 cartridge family.
That's what I was thinking. It would be nice

How much room underneath cap to top of rail, waiting on MRAD but already order same scope but ordered 34mm Spuhr mount?
I ordered this and it sits perfect on the MRAD with just a hair clearance for the cap: Spuhr SP-4602: 34mm Picatinny Mount 6MIL/20.6MOA - 1.50"-FDE. If you plan on using this for ELR, the additional 6mils will be desirable.

Reactions: JOEREZ
How much room underneath cap to top of rail, waiting on MRAD but already order same scope but ordered 34mm Spuhr mount?
Here are some more pics. You will see that the scope cap will not fit if the cap is flipped down. If you want to flip your objective lens cap down, you will need a higher mount, such as the SP-4004 (48mm) or the SP-4008 (44mm).

MK22 Scope Clearance 2.jpg
MK22 Scope Clearance 3.jpg
MK22 Scope Clearance 4.jpg

View attachment 7778426Just picked up my first MRAD. Looking for any/ all advice from folks with experience. Will be firing first rounds tomorrow. Anyone have good DOPE cards for 175 FGMM or .300 NM 215 BERGER? What do you usually feed it? (I am unable to do my own reloads currently) Located in OR for anyone who’s down to send rounds. I’m always open to network/ meet new folks with the same passions.
That is one fully stocked store. What store is this?

Anyone have a weight for a stripped MRAD with Proof Carbon barrel? I have experience with the steel barrels but can’t find weights for the Carbon to decide if it’s worth it. Please let me know what caliber and barrel length, Thanks!

Anyone have a weight for a stripped MRAD with Proof Carbon barrel? I have experience with the steel barrels but can’t find weights for the Carbon to decide if it’s worth it. Please let me know what caliber and barrel length, Thanks!
I haven't seen stripper numbers before but you can do some math with Gun University review. Towards the bottom they have full rifle weights and barrel weights in a chart. Proof has all their weights on their site. I haven't seen a weight listed for Barrett's own carbon barrels.

Reactions: WarVibes
Do you own the regular MRAD, if so does the muzzle brake accept a suppressor or is new brake needed?
The stock brake will accept Barrett's suppressors. If you want to run any others you will have to swap muzzle devices. I've ran OSS, SilencerCo, and right now a Form1 on my MRAD.

Do you own the regular MRAD, if so does the muzzle brake accept a suppressor or is new brake needed?
Pretty sure the .300wm and below barrels run 5/8-24 and the lapua class including 300norma manufactured after 1/2013 use 3/4-24 threads.

Last edited:
Well I picked up a NIB MRAD in 308 in a trade. Looking forward to it. I’m going to toss a ATACR 4-16x42 mil-XT on it. Really didn’t want a 308 but hell in today environment 308 bullets and brass are easy to come by. Glad I did not sell my brass dies and bullets.

Attachments

• 89B93EC5-8B5F-4548-8913-7C1188E2306E.jpeg
    89B93EC5-8B5F-4548-8913-7C1188E2306E.jpeg
    493.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 4A8896F9-58D5-4535-A071-5740F92CB029.jpeg
    4A8896F9-58D5-4535-A071-5740F92CB029.jpeg
    510.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 4BF9635C-ACB0-4FE8-B983-5C47134B568E.jpeg
    4BF9635C-ACB0-4FE8-B983-5C47134B568E.jpeg
    608.3 KB · Views: 274
Alright guys quick question, and by the way the search function sucks when you put MRAD in it, What bore guides are you guys using for cleaning? I've been looking at picking one up this winter but they all look short to me. I know Dewey makes one for 338 but I need one for 6.5CM and the 300PRC. Thanks!

Alright guys quick question, and by the way the search function sucks when you put MRAD in it, What bore guides are you guys using for cleaning? I've been looking at picking one up this winter but they all look short to me. I know Dewey makes one for 338 but I need one for 6.5CM and the 300PRC. Thanks!
I may be a bad example on this but I always just removed my barrels to clean them, on my DT. I plan to do the same on my MRAD so no Bore guide for me

Reactions: DocMcCoy
call Dewey Rods and they’ll sell you one.

If you dont get a better answer, possum hollow will probably make you one as well, even if they have to prototype it...they are good to work with...call direct and ask.

Either remove your barrel or these for $65 each. https://store.barrett.net/p-5418-mrad-bore-guide-338-1-o-ring.aspx

Reactions: Swatdude1
I may be a bad example on this but I always just removed my barrels to clean them, on my DT. I plan to do the same on my MRAD so no Bore guide for me
I was wondering about this as an option. Also would make cleaning the camber a bit easier too I would imagine. Thanks for the options I'll make a couple of calls today to see.

Looking for feedback from those of you running the 26" 1/9.4" 338LM barrel.... what kind of accuracy are you seeing? What bullet is giving you the best results?

I've put 100 rounds of 300gr bergers through my 338LM and so far I am not seeing the accuracy I'd like to. Groups are pretty consistently 1.25" no matter what I do to tweak my load. Thinking of trying the 285 ELDM but wanted to see what others were doing first. I'd be happy if I could consistently get to 3/4 moa accuracy.

Thanks

I haven't finished testing my first loads but out of the gates 285g eld-m's and VV N570 are printing well under 1/2 moa. I think they may settle in at .2-.3 moa once I complete testing from what I'm seeing. Damn weather stopped me cold for the last month. It may be March or April before I resume. I've never had a rifle load so close to perfection as this one. I've always preferred the 285's.

Reactions: m1ajunkie
Looking for feedback from those of you running the 26" 1/9.4" 338LM barrel.... what kind of accuracy are you seeing? What bullet is giving you the best results?

I've put 100 rounds of 300gr bergers through my 338LM and so far I am not seeing the accuracy I'd like to. Groups are pretty consistently 1.25" no matter what I do to tweak my load. Thinking of trying the 285 ELDM but wanted to see what others were doing first. I'd be happy if I could consistently get to 3/4 moa accuracy.

Thanks
Whats your load? Primer and powder? Have you tried any factory ammo that shot better? I have a load with 92grns H1000 federal large rifle primer, lapua brass and 300 grain Berger hybrids that shoots 1/2in at 100. Super accurate out to a mile. Getting 2800fps from my magnetospeed. Also shooting suppressed.

Whats your load? Primer and powder? Have you tried any factory ammo that shot better? I have a load with 92grns H1000 federal large rifle primer, lapua brass and 300 grain Berger hybrids that shoots 1/2in at 100. Super accurate out to a mile. Getting 2800fps from my magnetospeed. Also shooting suppressed.

The only factory ammo I've been able to try was 40 rds of HSM 300gr SMK..... accuracy was poor (1.5 moa) with it as well.

Since then I've been trying to find a hand load I'm happy with.

300 gr berger hybrids- I've tried .030 (2 5rd groups shown below) , .050 & .075 off the lands
90.1 grs IMR 7977
Federal magnum primer
Lapua brass

Today across 10 rds I ran an average of 2739 fps with an ES of 19fps and an SD of 6.7..... very happy with velocity but you can see these 100 yd groups are brutal. the flyer on the right dot up by itself was my first round.

Really hope I can figure out what's up as right now I'm really scratching my head.
300 berger groups.jpg

The only factory ammo I've been able to try was 40 rds of HSM 300gr SMK..... accuracy was poor (1.5 moa) with it as well.

300 gr berger hybrids- I've tried .030 (2 5rd groups shown below) , .050 & .075 off the lands
90.1 grs IMR 7977
Federal magnum primer
Lapua brass

Today across 10 rds I ran an average of 2739 fps with an ES of 19fps and an SD of 6.7..... very happy with velocity but you can see these 100 yd groups are brutal. the flyer on the right dot up by itself was my first round.

Really hope I can figure out what's up as right now I'm really scratching my head.
View attachment 7801704
So 7977 isn't exactly an ideal powder. I remember seeing some old posts of guys that couldn't get that powder to work for them, nor H1000 but Retumbo turned his gun to a real performer.

Do you have any other powder to try and magnum primers as well?

90.1 grs IMR 7977
Federal magnum primer
Lapua brass

View attachment 7801704
If you can try a regular primer, non magnum. Also if you can try h1000 or reloader 33. Sometimes a different powder is key. I’ve never used im7977 so can’t comment on it.
Try a 250 grain scenar with that imr7977 and if you can’t get it too shoot I’d say it’s the powder. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you can try a regular primer, non magnum. Also if you can try h1000 or reloader 33. Sometimes a different powder is key. I’ve never used im7977 so can’t comment on it.
Try a 250 grain scenar with that imr7977 and if you can’t get it too shoot I’d say it’s the powder. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I've got some H1000 so I'll give that a try. Appreciate the comments!

I bought the 300 and 338 bore guides from the Barrett site ... they fit great and make cleaning easier and safer for the barrel.

Where is the best place to buy Mrad barrel kits thinking of getting a 308 and maybe a 338nm
I could only find them from Barrett and as of last week they ACTUALLY have them in stock. They didn't and I had to wait, causing some issues for me. But they are in stock. Mine arrived today

Reactions: spentbrass1
Some of you guys know the saga of me winding up with two MRAD's trying to get one in my hands before the inauguration. Well my buddy has finally committed and has picked 338LM. That leaves me with an unfired MRAD 300PRC barrel. I've never put anything up for sale on here. I searched a little bit for rules but didn't find anything.

Some of you guys know my story of owning two MRAD's now trying to get one in my hands before the inauguration. Well my buddy has finally committed and has picked 338LM. That leaves me with an unfired MRAD 300PRC barrel. I've never put anything up for sale on here. I searched a little bit for rules but didn't find anything.
You need to be a supporting member to post it for sale.

Took out my new 300 Norma barrel. I was impressed so far.

Attachments

• 20220210_221818.jpg
    20220210_221818.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 20220210_221815.jpg
    20220210_221815.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Swatdude1
Some of you guys know the saga of me winding up with two MRAD's trying to get one in my hands before the inauguration. Well my buddy has finally committed and has picked 338LM. That leaves me with an unfired MRAD 300PRC barrel. I've never put anything up for sale on here. I searched a little bit for rules but didn't find anything.

PM sent