• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The "New" Barrett MRAD Thread!!!!!!

As I read through this awesome thread on MRAD I am wondering is there a definitive 1 stop guide on the different MRAD series, changes that were made etc? I find myself reluctant to order things due to what seems to be a bit of non standardization. Unfortunately I don't have it in hand yet so I have only gotten a sight, bipod and cleaning kits for it. I want my MRAD to be a pretty princess - an in the mud rolling around getting dirty princess.

I have a small confession in that I am horrible at returning things. I have bought some expensive gear over the years only to find out it doesn't work for whatever my needs are and I have never returned anything. Not once have I returned an item in my life. Besides I am a Marine and I don't think USPS or UPS accept labels written in giant crayon which is the only thing my gal will let me touch. She says I am not qualified to use real writing instruments. I am the only big tech exec that isn't allowed to play with pens.

• Haha
Reactions: Dooby
As I read through this awesome thread on MRAD I am wondering is there a definitive 1 stop guide on the different MRAD series, changes that were made etc? I find myself reluctant to order things due to what seems to be a bit of non standardization. Unfortunately I don't have it in hand yet so I have only gotten a sight, bipod and cleaning kits for it. I want my MRAD to be a pretty princess - an in the mud rolling around getting dirty princess.

I have a small confession in that I am horrible at returning things. I have bought some expensive gear over the years only to find out it doesn't work for whatever my needs are and I have never returned anything. Not once have I returned an item in my life. Besides I am a Marine and I don't think USPS or UPS accept labels written in giant crayon which is the only thing my gal will let me touch. She says I am not qualified to use real writing instruments. I am the only big tech exec that isn't allowed to play with pens.
No, there isn't a one stop guide for the mrad. What mrad you get now will be identical to the features on the mk22 other than name and serial number

Video coming soon hopefully

Attachments

• 84D4BFA2-8558-4C61-BE4B-625F4D719142.jpeg
    84D4BFA2-8558-4C61-BE4B-625F4D719142.jpeg
    687.9 KB · Views: 110
  • EBFA169C-C8C3-4217-A5DC-6DBEEAA5DCD8.jpeg
    EBFA169C-C8C3-4217-A5DC-6DBEEAA5DCD8.jpeg
    679.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 6A388BC5-7C33-4F43-B4D9-9A9C1C05707E.jpeg
    6A388BC5-7C33-4F43-B4D9-9A9C1C05707E.jpeg
    558.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 43EDFA75-3303-431A-A2FA-C1D65B8940F8.jpeg
    43EDFA75-3303-431A-A2FA-C1D65B8940F8.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: Luka and Dooby
Does anyone know where I can find weights of the different barrels offered in the conversion kits?

I already have a new MRAD in 300N that I am just now setting up, so I thought I would try to get SH folks first dibs…I am looking for 6.5cm myself.

I already have a 17” SMR in 308 that I picked up cheap and will stay in the herd for my dedicated MRAD shorty.
do you view the $2k price increase as worthwhile to go MRAD, or is the SMR as high of quality minus barrel swaps, stock?

do you view the $2k price increase as worthwhile to go MRAD, or is the SMR as high of quality minus barrel swaps, stock?
Not sure how to answer that…I just wanted both.

The SMR shorty 308 17” non folder is lighter and wanted a 308 for easy carry and offhand shooting. It wears an NX8, light spuhr hunting mount and a 7” ultra.

The MRAD (now 300N, 338N and 6.5CM) has a full sawtooth arca, 7-35 ATACR/M-Brace and a 338 Ultra can- much heavier but great of bipod and RRS 34L tripod.

I have a load of firearms/optics/ammo so it was just a personal choice.

Perhaps not so much a $$ decision. (Although I did get a tremendous buy on the SMR and the MRAD system with multiple mags NIB)

Last edited:
Not sure how to answer that…I just wanted both.

The SMR shorty 308 17” non folder is lighter and wanted a 308 for easy carry and offhand shooting. It wears an NX8, light spuhr hunting mount and a 7” ultra.

The MRAD (now 300N, 338N and 6.5CM) has a full sawtooth arca, 7-35 ATACR/M-Brace and a 338 Ultra can- much heavier but great of bipod and RRS 34L tripod.

I have a load of firearms/optics/ammo so it was just a personal choice.

Perhaps not so much a $$ decision. (Although I did get a tremendous buy on the SMR and the MRAD system with multiple mags NIB)
I guess it's hard for you to say because you have the SMR and MRAD setup differently and with different calibers and barrel lengths, but what I'm trying to determine is if the SMR feels like the MRAD, but just missing a few of the features that the MRAD provides. Regardless I think I will be getting the SMR!

I guess it's hard for you to say because you have the SMR and MRAD setup differently and with different calibers and barrel lengths, but what I'm trying to determine is if the SMR feels like the MRAD, but just missing a few of the features that the MRAD provides. Regardless I think I will be getting the SMR!
I think you will be pleased

I find that disgusting.
Disappointing. Ronnie Barrett was an absolute Patriot. Put his values before his wallet and wouldn't sell to LEA's in California unless everyone in that state could own one. Maybe the kids didn't feel the same way but I'm shocked they would sell to the Aussies.

Thanks @diverdon
I ask, because mine came with one. I bought mine from an small out of state FFL, not sure if it came from EuroOptics or another distributor/store back in 2016-'17.

I assume it's a whole package from Barrett. Perhaps EuroOptics added it? Or Barrett no longer packages it with a Pelican to save costs?

Just curious.
They all come with a Pelican case with foam cutouts.

Reactions: Dooby
Disappointing. Ronnie Barrett was an absolute Patriot. Put his values before his wallet and wouldn't sell to LEA's in California unless everyone in that state could own one. Maybe the kids didn't feel the same way but I'm shocked they would sell to the Aussies.
How long do you reckon until the aussies start restricting sales to civilians?

I wanted a Barrett over an AI because they are American, made in America and I didn't want my money going to people who vote against firearm ownership but that is getting harder and harder to find.

My Impact/Foundation combo shoots great but I don't have a solution for mounting my pvs-30. And I would like a system designed from the ground up to be durable, reliable and combat ready. Barrett and AI are the two systems that consistently rise to the top in my mind.

The pattern of companies selling to massive conglomerates is very concerning. I am all for people having the right to cash in on their hard work and retire early but that leaves us civilians in a bind because massive groups will not say no to the govt and will choose lucrative .gov contracts over civi sales any day of the week. As soon as gov says stop selling to the plebes or no more contracts, guess who gets screwed.

For those worried about them stopping sales, or moving production out of the US. Here is a good interview with Rob Nioa from The Firearm Blog.

TLDR: They aren't moving production out of the US, they actually want to ramp it up in TN. They want to bring back the REC and Fieldcraft lines. And they started with civilian sales in AUS before their government went wacko, so they fully support USA civilian sales and it won't be going anywhere.

Keep in mind guys that NIOA is privately owned not by the AUS government. Do I like the fact they sold out...No. But this is capitalism at its finest.

Do I like the fact they sold out...No.
FWIW, they "diversified internationaly" because they only had "one customer" in Australia, the Government. Now they have "two" major governments as clients. Try reading the actual article, and you will see this is discussed in these terms openly and plainly. The new owners consider their "target market" to be "the five eyes"...those are the actual words of the new CEO.

Not when they all want crazy wages
Not to derail the thread, and the issue you are talking about is a complex one, but what do you consider a crazy wage? We should have hanged the businessman that shipped the first job overseas. You can't export jobs to a country with a significantly lower standard of living and not have the same standard return to your shores. Foreign cheap labor and mass migration have decimated the blue collar worker. And this is my opinion even though I'm a Christian conservative who doesn't believe in unions.

For those worried about them stopping sales, or moving production out of the US. Here is a good interview with Rob Nioa from The Firearm Blog.

TLDR: They aren't moving production out of the US, they actually want to ramp it up in TN. They want to bring back the REC and Fieldcraft lines. And they started with civilian sales in AUS before their government went wacko, so they fully support USA civilian sales and it won't be going anywhere.

Keep in mind guys that NIOA is privately owned not by the AUS government. Do I like the fact they sold out...No. But this is capitalism at its finest.
That makes me feel better.

Reactions: Demthios
They are not changing their position. Ronnie's policy of not selling to CAL LE remains in effect.

Any body run into ejection issues with their 308 win kit?

If you slow cycle it, it runs fine. But if you cycle it hard the rifle will FTE with the round staying in port leading to a double feed if you try to cycle it.

Is your barrel all the way in?
I noticed on mine that the dummy bullet got stuck so i took out the barrel and put it back in