• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The "New" Barrett MRAD Thread!!!!!!

Missing the color and the MK22 stamp but have the calibers I wanted and sans scope/mount into it $6550 total
Just to clarify - you got the MRAD and 2 additional barrels for $6550? That’s awesome! If you don’t mind me asking, how did you manage that?! Haha. I’m looking at purchasing one, and it looks like it would be be $6448 (Eurooptic) for just the MRAD! Trying to save some coin, if possible, and be like @DetroitRearView

Reactions: Luka
Is your barrel all the way in?
I noticed on mine that the dummy bullet got stuck so i took out the barrel and put it back in
Yeah pushed barrel all the way down, threw bolt in, then tightened locking screws.

Same issue. Extracts great when I slow cycle, snap caps land a few fee away. But when you start the fast cycle, it's like the tip of the snap cap hits something on the way out and the extractor loses it and the thing lands on top of the mag.

...it's like the tip of the snap cap hits something on the way out and the extractor loses it and the thing lands on top of the mag...
You are def. describing a problem with ejecting snap caps...
just to clarify, is this replicating a field problem or anticipating one?

Ahh gottcha, nvr experienced this with snap caps before(AXSR, Sako M10, AXMC). But will report back after a range session.

Just to clarify - you got the MRAD and 2 additional barrels for $6550? That’s awesome! If you don’t mind me asking, how did you manage that?! Haha. I’m looking at purchasing one, and it looks like it would be be $6448 (Eurooptic) for just the MRAD! Trying to save some coin, if possible, and be like @DetroitRearView
Unusual FTF for most of it. won’t find any deal like this below cost via dealer below cost. Got the 6.5 conversion on SH $1250

Reactions: richthe1
200m 308 10 shots

Attachments

• 9CD8B25E-3E80-4073-8BAB-862421EB7418.jpeg
    9CD8B25E-3E80-4073-8BAB-862421EB7418.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 116
So who spins up pre-fits on these? Not in the market right now but will be in a year or two.
is it just LRI right now?

Hey, someone Meme'd my MRAD!

Ah ha hahha ha aha.... Those little kiddie Instragrammers are sure jealous!

You know, I now have a name for it... Boomer!

Boowah ha haha hhah a.... I love the Internet!

Sirhr

This dude has a lot of hate in his heart for anyone who isnt a they/them leftist gun owner in a lot of his posts. It's pretty funny tbh.

Reactions: Riverlife87
I don't think he's a leftist, I chat with him relatively often. Good dude with solid memes...
He’s been very clear that he wants to push out “fudds” (code word for traditional gun owners) from shooting or anyone who doesnt agree with his narrow PRS focused views. He went after Todd Hodnett and Bryan Litz recently too (lol).

It could be just me, i just think gun meme pages are run by dysgenic people who need to stop letting gun stuff rule their lives. To each his own

Smiths I know that have done the custom chamber kit/mrad barrels for me: GAP, LRI. Spartan does them. @Swatdude1 has had bugholes do some for him. Waiting on PVA to get a 6.5cm back to me.
My bugholes Bartlein is a one ragged holer at 100yards. Pay extra for the ModBB. Worth every dime.

• Wow
Reactions: clonebuilder
Which caliber?
300PRC. Got a 5-shot group of 1/4 MOA at 200 yards. Bugholes is 30 minutes from Barrett and he knows folks there. I was his first maker's kit and since then he has done a bunch. The jam nut takes 120 ft-lbs so not sure what Barrett uses to get a grip on the round nut but Bugholes machines flats in the nut to precisely torque. It also allows you to remove with a standard wrench if there is ever a need. Cerakote FDE is by me.
My 33XC printed a 5-shot 0.20 MOA group at 500 yards with very little wind. Whatever Bugholes is doing they are doing it well. My 41XC should be here in two weeks but that is going into a dedicated build-Defiance Rebel, Bartlein ModdBB 34" with Terminator T5, and Cadex Dual-Strike chassis.
MRAD 300PRC.jpg

Last edited:
300PRC. Got a 5-shot group of 1/4 MOA at 200 yards. Bugholes is 30 minutes from Barrett and he knows folks there. I was his first maker's kit and since then he has done a bunch. The jam nut takes 120 ft-lbs so not sure what Barrett uses to get a grip on the round nut but Bugholes machines flats in the nut to precisely torque. It also allows you to remove with a standard wrench if there is ever a need. Cerakote FDE is by me. View attachment 8081139
Nice nice. a MODBB 300 Norma/338 Lap would be pretty insane.

My bugholes Bartlein is a one ragged holer at 100yards. Pay extra for the ModBB. Worth every dime.
Would you mind sharing the approximate cost? (If not, no worries!). I know the Barrett MRAD Barrel Maker Kit is ~$450, just wondering what it costs on top of that.

Would you mind sharing the approximate cost? (If not, no worries!). I know the Barrett MRAD Barrel Maker Kit is ~$450, just wondering what it costs on top of that.
$1300 to $1400 plus makers kit. I had them install the Barrett threaded muzzle brake for my AM338 suppressor and do flutes to match the Barrett look. Plan on spending about $400 more than the barrel kits ($1675 plus shipping) from Barrett, which includes a mag. However, the extra cheese for the extended barrel life of ModBB and Bugholes workmanship is HIGHLY worth it in my opinion. They will also Cerakote for an extra $200 to $250.

Folks always say barrels are a consumable and they are. But replacing one is never just the cost of the barrel, the gunsmithing is usually way more than barrel cost. The ModBB is a bargain compared to that. My 33XC had zero fire cracking after first 100 rounds but I was "only" pushing a 275grain SB2 at 3180fps, not trying to ring out every last fps.

What all comes with a new MRAD from Barrett? I have one shipping to me sometime this week, and I'm already drunk shopping for accessories. It comes in a pelican case, right? I have a conversion kit on order and was thinking of picking up a few mags, unless it comes with a few already.

P.S. Anyone got a line on the MRAD/Mk22 bag rider?

What all comes with a new MRAD from Barrett? I have one shipping to me sometime this week, and I'm already drunk shopping for accessories. It comes in a pelican case, right? I have a conversion kit on order and was thinking of picking up a few mags, unless it comes with a few already.

MRAD Bag Rider ... works great.

I believe the standard MRAD just comes with one mag. The deployment kit comes with multiples and caliber changes, etc.

Which one did you end up buying? (Caliber/color)

As said the bag rider works great! Comes with a mag in a pelican case and a couple mlok accesories so you can mount stuff. Buy yourself a nice bipod and scope ;)

I believe the standard MRAD just comes with one mag. The deployment kit comes with multiples and caliber changes, etc.

Which one did you end up buying? (Caliber/color)
Those Barrett bag riders are continually out of stock. Was hoping someone knew of a place that had them.

I ended up getting a 300NM in FDE; ordered it in January 2022, so just over a year ago. In anticipation, I bought a 338LM conversion kit on Gunjoker (I have a bunch of 338LM ammo).

As for a scope and bipod, I'm covered. I have a NF Beast on hand with the NF mount with diving board and a PVS-30. Also have an SU-296 on the way, and a KGM R338 ASR in jail. I have a picatinny adapter for my Sako TRG bipod, so I just plan on using that....it's build like a Finnish tank. I might end up getting a different bipod in the future. Anyone got firsthand experience with the Accu-tac HD-50, or have other suggestions?

Those Barrett bag riders are continually out of stock. Was hoping someone knew of a place that had them.

I ended up getting a 300NM in FDE; ordered it in January 2022, so just over a year ago. In anticipation, I bought a 338LM conversion kit on Gunjoker (I have a bunch of 338LM ammo).

As for a scope and bipod, I'm covered. I have a NF Beast on hand with the NF mount with diving board and a PVS-30. Also have an SU-296 on the way, and a KGM R338 ASR in jail. I have a picatinny adapter for my Sako TRG bipod, so I just plan on using that....it's build like a Finnish tank. I might end up getting a different bipod in the future. Anyone got firsthand experience with the Accu-tac HD-50, or have other suggestions?
Nice setup! I can't speak to the bipods.

I just bought the FC-5 G2 ARCA for a 41XC Cadex chassis build. Supposed to be here tomorrow. I added the newwer Accu-tac ski feet as well.

Reactions: Big Worm
Hi All, looking at the MK22 kit, or maybe buying an MRAD and then the additional components to make up the MK22 kit.

I’m in Australia, and the only local dealer I could find wants $43k AUD for it, that’s over $29k USD and a little insane if you ask me.

Any idea why they would price it like that? Limited release to the public (so not many around)? The standard “Aussie Tax” price gouging?

Hi All, looking at the MK22 kit, or maybe buying an MRAD and then the additional components to make up the MK22 kit.

I’m in Australia, and the only local dealer I could find wants $43k AUD for it, that’s over $29k USD and a little insane if you ask me.

Any idea why they would price it like that? Limited release to the public (so not many around)? The standard “Aussie Tax” price gouging?
The price for most things getting shipped to Oz is high, but the MK22 kits are overpriced anyway because I believe the way the law is here in the states manufactures cannot charge the government one price for an item and a different price for same item to the public. So the civi price for mil goods is higher but we don't get to benefit from all the extras included in the gov contract for the item. At least that is the explanation I have heard before, others more knowledgeable than myself may chime in.

Reactions: malJohann
So the civi price for mil goods is higher but we don't get to benefit from all the extras included in the gov contract for the item.
Extras? Mil gets something beyond the hard case, gun bag, spacer kit, cleaning kit & rod, maintenance kit, sling, bipod, suppressor cover, 2x bore guides, 3x barrels and 15x mags? Or are you saying there’s some of that which is removed from the deployment kit for Civis?

Best bet is a “looking for” ad here and then build. I’m off to pick mine up this afternoon. I believe the new order isn’t going to be here for some time.

Extras? Mil gets something beyond the hard case, gun bag, spacer kit, cleaning kit & rod, maintenance kit, sling, bipod, suppressor cover, 2x bore guides, 3x barrels and 15x mags? Or are you saying there’s some of that which is removed from the deployment kit for Civis?
Not saying either of those things. I am referring to possible extras including support and training, any other costs that are rolled in to the total unit cost for a gov contract and we get to pay the final per-unit cost but only get the material unit.

Not saying either of those things. I am referring to possible extras including support and training, any other costs that are rolled in to the total unit cost for a gov contract and we get to pay the final per-unit cost but only get the material unit.
Roger that. Literally, if I just buy an MRAD and the additional stuff, it works out (locally) at about half price. Then again, it also does if I buy a MK22 from the States.

Roger that. Literally, if I just buy an MRAD and the additional stuff, it works out (locally) at about half price. Then again, it also does if I buy a MK22 from the States.
That's funny, the price in the states works out close to that as well. There is definitely a "cool" factor with the legit MK22 but the extra money can buy a lot of ammo and training. The targets will never know the difference.

I have a 26 inch 338 Lapua barrel conversion kit that is unfired if anyone is looking for one. If you have the 300 Norma Mag, I'd trade it over.

Have brass/projectiles/die setup as well.

@Swatdude1 You had a chance to mess around with the new bipod? Any initial thoughts or final verdict?

I have an Area 419 Mk22 arca rail on the way, so the FC-5 G2 ARCA might be a viable option. I'm picking up my MRAD from the dealer today.

Reactions: Swatdude1
@Swatdude1 You had a chance to mess around with the new bipod? Any initial thoughts or final verdict?

I have an Area 419 Mk22 arca rail on the way, so the FC-5 G2 ARCA might be a viable option. I'm picking up my MRAD from the dealer today.
I haven't used it yet because I'm waiting on my 41XC barreled action but I'm digging it. I looked at the Phoenix Bipods but I still wanted it to fold up somewhat. It's pretty wide folded so it still needs to be removed for the rifle to go in the case. The imaginary triangle looks like it will put the peak just above the barrel. Has a nice wide stance fully extended and feels super stable. If I have time I'm going to Cerakote it FDE or have someone else do it. I had the Cadex done in Cerakote Multicam. The lighting is off in the pic but it is pretty close to the Crye clothing I have. Cadex makes that Bipod extender for their Chassis as well. With a 34" barrel and Terminator brake, this thing is going to be long!!!
Accu-tac Bipod ARCA.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Big Worm
Will a spuhr 4002 and a PM2 with tenebraex caps fit with no issues on the MRAD?

If it's been asked, I apologize. I tried a search, but didn't turn up an answer.

I picked up my MRAD in 300 Norma today, and I'm tickled pink. I also purchased a NOS 24" 338 Lapua barrel last week. The 338 barrel extension is not slotted, so not large breach, right?

The bolt pin that slides through the bolt head is captured in the bolt body, hence there's a slot on the 300 Norma bolt head to accomodate the part of the bolt pin that remains inside the bolt body. The 338 bolt head lacks that slot, so I can't insert it into the bolt body. What gives?

My 33XC had zero fire cracking after first 100 rounds but I was "only" pushing a 275grain SB2 at 3180fps, not trying to ring out every last fps.
Swatdude1 I'm looking at getting a 33XC barrel done for my MRAD. I was wondering which bolt bugholes used for your 33XC. Was it a 300/338 NM bolt head, or 338LM bolt head (not sure what the A kit comes with)? I was thinking of having my Barrett 338 LM barrel rechambered in 33XC because I haven't seen an A barrel makers kit available in like a year. I figure I could go ahead and order a MODBB barrel and when the existing Barrett barrel is shot out I can have Bugholes swap out the barrel retaining the existing extension & bolt head. Any input/perspective/suggestions regarding the 33XC would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG-20230302-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20230302-WA0002.jpeg
    581.7 KB · Views: 161
Swatdude1 I'm looking at getting a 33XC barrel done for my MRAD. I was wondering which bolt bugholes used for your 33XC. Was it a 300/338 NM bolt head, or 338LM bolt head (not sure what the A kit comes with)? I was thinking of having my Barrett 338 LM barrel rechambered in 33XC because I haven't seen an A barrel makers kit available in like a year. I figure I could go ahead and order a MODBB barrel and when the existing Barrett barrel is shot out I can have Bugholes swap out the barrel retaining the existing extension & bolt head. Any input/perspective/suggestions regarding the 33XC would be appreciated!
Makers kit "A" is the one you need. I think reaming your current barrel would be the least expensive route and you have the correct bolt face with your 338LM so nothing else to do. Tubb has the Manson Reamer for $220.00.
I really liked the idea of interchangeable calibers but truth be told, once I have a favorite caliber, the other ones rarely see the light of day. I keep my 338NM Barrel around because I love that round and it mag feeds, but the 33XC is just better for the mile plus shooting I'm enjoying. Recoil is a breeze with the Barrett/33XC combo. In fact, when I trained with Chase, he unloaded the bipod and had a relaxed hold with the buttpad just resting on his shoulder. I said, "So you take the full brundt of the recoil" and he said "yes". Allows the rifle to track much better if you don't use ski's. Now if you've seen Chase, his biceps are as big as my thighs, so I was a little hesitant, but I shot fantastically with that method and even after 150 rounds of 33XC that day, my shoulder felt like it did when it started. The MRAD is absolutely perfect for the XC. I believe I've stated before, Chase said I could take my Barrett with that Bartlein barrel and enter KO2M and place. I told him the only problem with that is I would need him spotting since I still lack the experience to manage the wind at those distances. :LOL:

One more thing, you could actually use the Maker's kit for the 37XC or 41XC when they are back in stock if your lust for ELR isn't cured with the 33XC.

Reactions: rpoL98 and gunplt