• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The Next Thing in Military Sniper Rifles

Lindy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2003
Rifles Only
www.arcanamavens.com
Re: The Next Thing in Military Sniper Rifles

I wonder what the high score is? Talk about super realistic gameplay and graphics too boot
grin.gif

After spending time watching my boys and my (much) younger brother playing Xbox & Playstation you'd better believe that I wouldn't want them hunting me with that thing.

thats cool i remember a few yearzs back where the miltary was trying to recruit real good war game fighters like the clancys games and call of duty, etc. They claimed more of these computer/game nerds where needed where trained soliders didnt have those skills. HAHA i can see why now. COOL Post thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sky Net here we come... </div></div>

LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stringer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sky Net here we come... </div></div>

LOL!

</div></div>

I don't think that's funny at all! I think it's freakin scary!
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After spending time watching my boys and my (much) younger brother playing Xbox & Playstation you'd better believe that I wouldn't want them hunting me with that thing. </div></div>

No kidding. It would be scary.

Watch out. Happiness can be just a whisper away at 1500 yards from the air, controlled by a joystick 2000 miles away from where you are.... What's next?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever see the movie <span style="font-style: italic">The Last Starfighter</span>?
</div></div>

Remember that well Lindy.

DARPA was working on a project similar to this using a .50BMG. The goal was to have an opto-electronic targeting system analyze the trace from the first round, correct and fire the second round before the first round impacted. I helped provide some of the preliminary data by video taping the bullet trace, firing my .50 rifle with a wide variety of ammo. I suspect it would be easier to have a viable system using the .338 vs. the .50 BMG, given the available semi-auto systems available.

Wait 'til you see the Int. Sniper Competition 5 or 6 years from now.

I keep hearing about this 20mm Solid Vulcan round. Sounds rather intersting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever see the movie <span style="font-style: italic">The Last Starfighter</span>?
</div></div>

Next step: "Ender's Game"

I remember reading some memo or some such thing that vid gamers are not only sought after because of their joystick capabilities, but for their superior grasp on strategy.

Enders Game...good book. You know that was on the Marine Corp's reading list when I was in...no lie.

what happens when that fancy helo has a jam in the rifle?

I'm gonna start playing more video games...I will tell the wife that I'm just workiing on my skills for my next job after I retire from this one...LOL.

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Enders Game...good book. You know that was on the Marine Corp's reading list when I was in...no lie.

what happens when that fancy helo has a jam in the rifle?

I'm gonna start playing more video games...I will tell the wife that I'm just workiing on my skills for my next job after I retire from this one...LOL.

--KJ </div></div>

Hahaha good luck with that.

Great book. I read it first as a child and came to appreciate it more as a young adult. Definitely one of my favorites.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember reading some memo or some such thing that vid gamers are not only sought after because of their joystick capabilities, but for their superior grasp on strategy. </div></div>

I don't see why not. Playing online for hours on end would give you lots of ideas on things you could do while flying from a terminal like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sky Net here we come...</div></div>

+1

I have a good friend who's step son was one of those high school gamer types. He was sought after by the US Army. He enlisted and went to the 10th. Mtn. He is deploying in a couple of weeks and he flies the Predator drones. He is pretty excited about it. He told us they can do some incredible things with the drones. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember reading some memo or some such thing that vid gamers are not only sought after because of their joystick capabilities, but for their superior grasp on strategy. </div></div>

Too bad their grasp on Reality does not exist.....

Where can I buy one of these!?