• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Official Unofficial 2021 Horrible Christmas Gift Thread

Is this from like a 12 year old kid that thinks these are cool, or is this from like a 25 year old kid?
from people the same age, mid 20s. i was thinking the same thing, but they don't have kids yet.
maybe it is a special brand that is only found in certain markets.

from people the same age, mid 20s. i was thinking the same thing, but they don't have kids yet.
maybe it is a special brand that is only found in certain markets.

I mean, its not really a joke, but a novelty as far as raman goes as there are entire youtube channels dedicated to people trying to eat it. I could see how its a 'dad will think this is cool' gift from a 12 year old, but from people in their mid 20s, LOL

I'm pretty sure what happened was, they bought those (if I remember right they come in 3 packs), tried 1 or 2 of them and then were like, shit I cant eat this, and gave them away.

It's basically me going into my pantry and gifting you a can of soup I wasn't going to eat.

@powell what company is that? Pm me if you don't want to say publicly, I work for a large E&P company as well.

My company gave us a fr beanie and a ball cap that is too deep for my dome. It's the thought that counts though right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Sad
Reactions: HiDesertELR
I mean, its not really a joke, but a novelty as far as raman goes as there are entire youtube channels dedicated to people trying to eat it. I could see how its a 'dad will think this is cool' gift from a 12 year old, but from people in their mid 20s, LOL

I'm pretty sure what happened was, they bought those (if I remember right they come in 3 packs), tried 1 or 2 of them and then were like, shit I cant eat this, and gave them away.

It's basically me going into my pantry and gifting you a can of soup I wasn't going to eat.
philipino fruitcake?

• Haha
Thanks y'all.
The pissing contests in the pit have escalated to new heights over this Christmas weekend.
So any bad gift has been obliterated from memory thanks to some of you.

Many years ago, right after our Chicago corporate opened the Dallas office, they sent out ice scrapers to everyone in the company for Christmas.
Thanks.. I guess.

• Sad
I'll play;
Didn't get squat, other than a forklift operator at work handed out M&M candy & a cap.
I surprised the lil lady with a Taurus 856 ultra light and 2 boxes of ammo. She doesn't even remember my birthday, I brought home 1/2 cake from work, "what's that for?" A birthday, "whos?" Mine, "oh yeah, happy birthday"
I honestly don't believe her own grandson would ever get anything, if not for me. Built him a truck when he turned 16, class ring, birthdays, Christmas...
But I'm not bitter, it's better to give than receive ;)

Well, the job's done, I got pics, and you don't want to see 'em. OK well maybe our pink-shoed, hand-holding, warrior-raising nurse does, but I'm pretty-sure nobody else does. :D

And of course it was the 'gift that kept on giving'.... so much so that it was well into the end of Boxing Day before the debacle was completed.

For as great as this Christmas has been, it has also truly been the SHITTIEST I could ever imagine.

(see what I did there?)

...Ya Filthy Animals...!

Well, the job's done, I got pics, and you don't want to see 'em. OK well maybe our pink-shoed, hand-holding, warrior-raising nurse does, but I'm pretty-sure nobody else does. :D

And of course it was the 'gift that kept on giving'.... so much so that it was well into the end of Boxing Day before the debacle was completed.

For as great as this Christmas has been, it has also truly been the SHITTIEST I could ever imagine.

(see what I did there?)

...Ya Filthy Animals...!
Post em!

Whats up with the soccer rug?

@HiDesertELR

And whats the current statues of that pinecone thing?

@Lawless
Told the wife I was posting it to try and win the "Worst Christmas Gifts of 2021" contest on Snipershide.

No, she did not see the humor in it.

But... I'll never get another stoopid gift like that from her. Ever. So there's that.

That pinecone thing, though I think that's your winner. I knew it when I saw it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Out
Told the wife I was posting it to try and win the "Worst Christmas Gifts of 2021" contest on Snipershide.

No, she did not see the humor in it.

But... I'll never get another stoopid gift like that from her. Ever. So there's that.

That pinecone thing, though I think that's your winner. I knew it when I saw it.

So it was for you, and she was going to stitch it for you, or give it to you and expect you to make it?

And whats the current statues of that pinecone thing?

@Lawless
Well…

My wife has made it clear to me that she is the keeper of the pine cone Christmas tree. I explained that it could be a fire hazard, a keeper of unwanted critters and just plain ugly. She explained to me that her poor old aunt does not have family except her and that the tree will have to stay.

So I get to see the thing put in storage to be brought out again. Yay.

To top it off, her aunt while here last week told me that the main issue with Joe Biden is that he is “just too honest and good of a man to be in politics”. Yes, she said exactly that. I think I gave her a lot of room to retract or explain but she went on to talk about why my wife needs a protection dog “way out here in the middle of nowhere” and why she is “so glad (my wife) always has that gun with her”.

Nevermind that we have extremely low crime here in the sticks while auntie lives in crime ravaged Winston-Salem 😆

She did bring me a very cool 3D/raised topographic map of our area that looks to be pretty old (Dated 1965) It shows the elevation changes and waterways in striking detail so that is a pretty nice gift IMO.

It is much larger than this snippet of my general AO. I’m going to build a nice more rustic frame.

949CF1B6-22CA-4AAD-81F8-861058B65D90.jpeg

Last edited:
This happened to me on a Makita impact -- from their distribution center. Ended up storming into the nearest store, waiting in line at CS for like 20 min, finally explain the situation fuming and she goes... "Weird, I returned that 3 days ago." WTF???????? Made their employee go get me a new one and told her I want to watch her put a defective or loss prevention tag on it. She did.
Cabelas did that to me 3 or 4 months ago. Ordered an optic online, took it to the local store and raised a shit storm. Even though I had the receipt in my hand, as I bought it on a close out they gave me the full retail of the optic. I can't remember if it was Crimson Trace or who, but what a load of shit. I think I made about $150 on it.

Reactions: HousePlant
Mine aren’t as nice as his…

Attachments

• 031F1BD4-E36D-4AA9-BC11-C63D2295BB47.jpeg
    031F1BD4-E36D-4AA9-BC11-C63D2295BB47.jpeg
    726.8 KB · Views: 80
View attachment 7770205Well, there it be. The Backflow Preventer plugged solid. We are VERY thankful that the problem was NOT the line between the house and the city sewer.

We are even thankfuller that the problem didn't require cubic-dollars to a plumber or crew!

Pretty shitty Christmas, no?
What the hell are you guys eating ?

OK...soo.....we're between 3:

- Pine Cone tree (that still exists!)

- Coffee cup with a giant cock on its forehead

- Make it yourself soccer ball rug

What shall it be?

Reactions: Lawless
FUBU.

Or the Pine Cone fiasco.
OK...soo.....we're between 3:

- Pine Cone tree (that still exists!)

- Coffee cup with a giant cock on its forehead

- Make it yourself soccer ball rug

What shall it be?

FUBU.

Or the Pine Cone fiasco.
I was considering that one. The pants themselves weren't totally awful, but it was the 'message' of the brand that makes it bad.

Mom didn't know though, so in my book thats better than actively trying to get away with giving someone a clearance mug with a cock on it or a Pine cone tree you gave away because you didn't know how to actually throw it away.

Reactions: Lawless
I was considering that one. The pants themselves weren't totally awful, but it was the 'message' of the brand that makes it bad.

Mom didn't know though, so in my book thats better than actively trying to get away with giving someone a clearance mug with a cock on it or a Pine cone tree you gave away because you didn't know how to actually throw it away.
Great point. If intent is considered, we’ll give mom a pass. Her heart was in the right place.

Pine Cone tree. Everything about it is wrong.

Everything.

Pinecone tree.

Cockmug is functional at least.

Soccer ball rug... I can use the backing to start an awesome ghillie suit 🤣😂😝 or use as a mask/overlay to paint rifles.
And again, the wife was coming from a good place from what I’ve read. Wanting her husband to relax. Or so she says.

Auntie was getting rid of junk.