• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Official Unofficial 2021 Horrible Christmas Gift Thread

Not voting against the pinecone tree - just gonna suggest we not take "intent" into account on this or future such competitions. I had a great aunt that did most of her birthday and Christmas shopping at garage sales. She didn't have much spending money to begin with, and then she couldn't pass up a good "deal" especially when she could bargain to get the price reduced from 25 cents to a dime. Family members received clothes with sweat-stains, old calendars (because the pictures reminded her of something), and back issues of magazines. In the case of the pinecone tree I doubt Auntie was being malicious or malevolent - just trying to give an item she valued in some way a good home when she couldn't bring herself to destroy or discard it.

Seems to me we need to look past intentions to outcomes only.

Me? I got a new crockpot. Long story, but clearly the wife didn't get the hints I dropped when I told her to cancel the recliner she first intended to get me.

We live in South GA. Wifes Grandparents live in Claxton. I see the "Claxton Fruit Cake" building every time we go over there. I don't think one could imagine a more desolate (still operational), sad, empty looking business...

Every time we drive by it, I snicker, thinking about how many times I have seen people bash this disgusting "treat".

View attachment 7765864
To be fair, it's not bad with morning coffee.

Reactions: Thorny
Win or lose, I am still the owner of a hideous Nutcracker Cock Head gift from a poor that came from a store rife with the stench of abject poverty- that's enough of a prize for me. Thanks for putting this on, @TheGerman. How in the hell else could I have seen FUBU pants, a pine cone tree, or a DIY soccer ball rug this year?

Update. My wife’s great auntie brought this 30” gourd by while we were down east a few days. She told my wife “I knew you’d just love it” 🧐

88B21891-E8B6-4ABE-BB81-A3E442D87417.jpeg

Last edited:
I am more simple when it comes to shitty employees and providing shitty gifts. We only have 15 total, 14 of them were invited to the Christmas party and received bonuses, free meals, booze, and paid rides home. The other I'm planning to fire this Saturday.
Oh bless your heart.

I dig your style