• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The OFFICIAL 'Wuhan' Coronavirus outbreak information and tracking thread. NARRATIVE CHANGE. "Endemic, just like the cold". Cuomo regrets lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is being a total freakin' idiot and hopefully he comes to his senses, if not, then he will have to be ignored by public health officials, state, and local government officials who will continue to do all they can to shut things down.

The virus is spreading EXPONENTIALLY. Look that word up if you don't understand what it means. Look at this chart. It is NOT slowing down it is skyrocketing up and there is no end in sight...exponentially. Look at the day to day increases. It is accelerating.

Trump's idiotic claims that the nation should be open by Easter may well result in needless hundreds of thousands of deaths.

I know we have hardcore Trump worshipers around here who can't think for themselves. Sad.

Ok, maybe I'm a fucking imbecile or something, but check this out...

WuFlu started up in late October. Chinese motherfuckers travel in and out of every continent on Earth FREQUENTLY. In fact, a large percentage of the people doing the testing for this stuff at MD Anderson came back from Wuhan right before SHTF. Motherfuckers I shook hands with.

Since November/December, we've had folks going all over the damn place unchecked, the world wasn't warned, no one knew shit (except the ones that did), and then in late DEC China started going all commando on their population and firing up the furnaces.

BUT PEOPLE WERE STILL FLYING AROUND, until the end of January.

So, you've got this thing that spreads like it does, going literally everywhere all the time for a solid two months, and now you're shitting yourself because they're actually testing for it (with tests that have a high false-positive rate, btw) and OMG the numbers keep going up... No.. fucking... shit... But the fatality rate isn't fucking 14% or whatever horseshit the folks who promised hillary in a landslide are saying... It's trivial, even just assuming today's case numbers are off by AN order of magnitude, we're looking at about a half a percent mortality rate.

There are probably tens of millions of people infected worldwide already, and y'all are shitting because thousands are dying...

Got news for you, man... 100,000+ people die every fucking day of the week. This is barely even registering 5 months later.

But, what the fuck do I know.

Ok, maybe I'm a fucking imbecile or something, but check this out...

WuFlu started up in late October. Chinese motherfuckers travel in and out of every continent on Earth FREQUENTLY. In fact, a large percentage of the people doing the testing for this stuff at MD Anderson came back from Wuhan right before SHTF. Motherfuckers I shook hands with.

Since November/December, we've had folks going all over the damn place unchecked, the world wasn't warned, no one knew shit (except the ones that did), and then in late DEC China started going all commando on their population and firing up the furnaces.

BUT PEOPLE WERE STILL FLYING AROUND, until the end of January.

So, you've got this thing that spreads like it does, going literally everywhere all the time for a solid two months, and now you're shitting yourself because they're actually testing for it (with tests that have a high false-positive rate, btw) and OMG the numbers keep going up... No.. fucking... shit... But the fatality rate isn't fucking 14% or whatever horseshit the folks who promised hillary in a landslide are saying... It's trivial, even just assuming today's case numbers are off by AN order of magnitude, we're looking at about a half a percent mortality rate.

There are probably tens of millions of people infected worldwide already, and y'all are shitting because thousands are dying...

Got news for you, man... 100,000+ people die every fucking day of the week. This is barely even registering 5 months later.

But, what the fuck do I know.

Boston just had a Biogen worker fly from Boston to China last week.

Chick new she was Coronafied so she over dosed on fever reducers to get through airport screening and return to China.

China arrested her on arrival and Biogen terminated her employment.

When this shit started in MA the majority of cases were tied to attendance at a Biogen conference.

Wonder if this chick was a small pox blanket.

Reactions: Bender and Gar.
Thinking anyone in public office is "experienced", "professional", "expert" is part of the problem.

To reach their levels they have sold their professional skills for purely political weasel survival skills.

As an outsider Trump is the best thing to actually kick these people in the ass with his private sector wingtip and maybe actually get something done.

I want Trump pushing for the "hard to do".

Otherwise the default govt setting is to "do what gets done in time".

I agree, outsider pushing the government to be more effective is something I've wanted for a long time as well. I just wish it was by a person with demonstrable social and emotional intelligence. Trump grossly lacks both. Imagine how much better he could positively influence others and policy at large if he dedicated more time developing self-awareness, self-management and more social awareness?

Reactions: Centuriator
I agree, outsider pushing the government to be more effective is something I've wanted for a long time as well. I just wish it was by a person with demonstrable social and emotional intelligence. Trump grossly lacks both. Imagine how much better he could positively influence others and policy at large if he dedicated more time developing self-awareness, self-management and more social awareness?

Tell me what brand of crazy Trump likes, I will send him a case.

We can not spare this man......He fights.

You guys crowing about how we need to keep things locked down should read that paper the Brits did.

In a nutshell, we won't be 'past it' till there's a vaccine. You can't shut off the entire country for a year and a half.

You'll crash the fucking economy and more people will die from famine and lack of basics like clean water than we'll ever lose to this virus.

The mortality rate is inflated because we don't know how many people already had it, or have it currently. We're only testing the most severe cases.

At some point life goes on, folks, and yeah we're likely to lose some people along the way. A lot of people. However, it's still a statistically insignificant number when compared to the population as a whole.

You threaten everyone if you crash the ship.

Tell me what brand of crazy Trump likes, I will send him a case.

We can not spare this man......He fights.

I do admire some of his other attributes, but i'd offer the following quote to highlight my thoughts: "If you want to go fast, go alone, if you want to go far, go together."

Reactions: Centuriator
You guys crowing about how we need to keep things locked down should read that paper the Brits did.

In a nutshell, we won't be 'past it' till there's a vaccine. You can't shut off the entire country for a year and a half.

You'll crash the fucking economy and more people will die from famine and lack of basics like clean water than we'll ever lose to this virus.

The mortality rate is inflated because we don't know how many people already had it, or have it currently. We're only testing the most severe cases.

At some point life goes on, folks, and yeah we're likely to lose some people along the way. A lot of people. However, it's still a statistically insignificant number when compared to the population as a whole.

You threaten everyone if you crash the ship.

There is a real conversation here that seems to be escaping the national conversation, I agree. There is extremely strong evidence that every increase of unemployment we see an increase in all-cause mortality/morbidity (suicide, decreased health, accidents, etc.).

We must balance that, and the real risk of the crippling our healthcare system, against any economic decisions being made today. I don't get a sense our leaders in congress/administration have held that wholistic view since this popped up.

And Epstein didn't kill himself.

Screenshot 2020-03-24 15.56.49.png

In the works. Supposedly soon available.

Kid at work today was told his father had it.

Thing is his father has been fine the last 3 weeks and is PTing etc.

He went through it and it didnt kick his ass.

Wide scale antibody tests are going to rock the entire world like a skinny vegan incel being handed a .454 Casull loaded to maximum power...

Its a leadership quote, not a governmental idelogy/economic quote.

and its the democommunists that need to follow the leadership.

That was the point of my response.

We have two political parties that mouth those words with no intent on following the idea.

We have a guy now walking a good path.

Maybe they need to get on board with the will of the American people.

Reactions: Gar.
Wide scale antibody tests are going to rock the entire world like a skinny vegan incel being handed a .454 Casull loaded to maximum power...

What like we will all find out what we thought was a common cold ends up being CV19......

and its the democommunists that need to follow the leadership.

That was the point of my response.

We have two political parties that mouth those words with no intent on following the idea.

We have a guy now walking a good path.

Maybe they need to get on board with the will of the American people.

Ahh, i see now, thanks. I'll offer it does take a leader's ability to create buy-in from those who may not want to follow him. Remains to be seen if Trump has the skill set to achieve that buy-in on this initiative.

I think I'll just listen to Dr. Birx.

Hobo

Birx and Fauci...the two to listen to. Birx has repeatedly referred to Fauci as her mentor. Here's hoping Trump stops with this idiotic, "We will reopen!" line and simply respect and listen to the real experts.

And the Evil Nancy Pelosi and her crew over in Congress...let's hope they succumb to the pressure to drop all their idiotic Democratic wish list items and pass the necessary legislation.

Ive had a few beers at Goat Hill, but I don’t do the bar thing like I did when I was younger. High Times liquor store has all the good beers I need these days. I’m between the 55 and back bay not too far from the fairgrounds. Now this area is loaded with homeless and addicts. I hope you were able to escape this state.
Gotta hit the Sunset Lounge. Total dive karaoke bar. But good people.

Birx and Fauci...the two to listen to. Birx has repeatedly referred to Fauci as her mentor. Here's hoping Trump stops with this idiotic, "We will reopen!" line and simply respect and listen to the real experts.

And the Evil Nancy Pelosi and her crew over in Congress...let's hope they succumb to the pressure to drop all their idiotic Democratic wish list items and pass the necessary legislation.

I'm Facebook certified in virology and epidemiology so I know stuff.

But sincerely wondering why we didn't take drastic measures to isolate our most at risk FIRST? The population who is objectively more at risk for a lung attacking disease?

Well, it looks some here think they are smarter than Oxford researchers.

Cuomo: "Where are the masks? Where ahhhhhh theyyyy??"

Me: "Behind you on display, dickhead."

View attachment 7280385
that's exactly what I thought when i saw that.
If the hospitals need those supplies so bad why are they sitting there.
Are they just empty boxes set up for display or is he that much of an ass to hold supplies hospitals need for a photo opp. ?

Of the billions of dollars alloted for virus response,
Why do we not just offer a one billion dollar reward for a cure.

Not a damn vaccination a cure.
Purchase the rights and resell to recoup costs.

Money talks private enterprise listens.

No grants studies or wasted money for anyone just a reward.

BREAKING:

More rapid developments on the chloroquine front. Team of doctors on the front line of the virus treating patients in one of the hardest hit regions of New York State share their findings in a letter to Sean Hannity, who in turn recites it to Vice President Mike Pence:

----------
SEAN HANNITY (HOST): Mr. Vice President, I'm holding up a letter. I'm going to read from it from a second, from a doctor in the New York area, and if I may read from it -- he has now worked with his -- his associates and he has a regimen.

Hydroxychloroquine, 200 milligrams twice a day, five days. Azithromycin, 500 milligrams once a day, five days. Zinc sulfate, 220 milligrams once a day for five days. This is what he has seen, him and his team have now treated approximately 350 patients in Kiryas Joel, it was an area of New York that was hit particularly hard and another 150 patients and other New York areas.

His results, we have had zero deaths, zero hospitalizations, zero intubations, zero.

We have of French study, we have news out of China, Israel is donating 6 million doses of hydroxychloroquine. Let me ask you, sir, I don't think I've ever seen anything more hopeful since this thing started, as a treatment, and we're at the first stage of the vaccine according to the Doctor Fauci, who I admire a lot. Your thoughts?

MIKE PENCE: Well, what -- what we see in some of those anecdotal studies, we are going to put to the test. The president has been working, we've been working with companies across the country.

Chloroquine is a perfectly legal drug and at the president's direction, the FDA is -- is -- is -- has completed and is completing what is called off label use approval, Sean, so that doctors can prescribe what is an anti-malaria drug to deal with the coronavirus.
I have read the same things you've read about combining those with other antibiotics, but we are going to work very hard with Dr. Fauci and with our team on the ground, and as we make the chloroquine available for Americans and other medications, we are going to study it. We're going to figure it out, but that's not going to get in the way of making it available.

Doctors will be able to prescribe it, and based upon the studies you're citing and anecdotal evidence, it -- it appears in many cases that it brings real relief.
----------

South Korea's extremely low CFR (case fatality rate), and the ending of China's outbreak in Wuhan also attributed to the use of quinolines. More advanced reports indicate that hydroxychloroquine must be taken with the antibiotic azithromycin to achieve even better results...

----------
Several countries, including China, South Korea and Belgium, have added chloroquine to their treatment guidelines for Covid-19.
----------

Last edited:
Yeah, there's no room for an optimistic outlook. WTF is wrong with that guy? He should be on the Debbie Downer side screaming doom and gloom. Doesn't he know that the fucking sky is falling? Sheesh!

BREAKING:

More rapid developments on the chloroquine front. Team of doctors on the front line of the virus treating patients in one of the hardest hit regions of New York State share their findings in a letter to Sean Hannity, who in turn recites it to Vice President Mike Pence:

----------
SEAN HANNITY (HOST): Mr. Vice President, I'm holding up a letter. I'm going to read from it from a second, from a doctor in the New York area, and if I may read from it -- he has now worked with his -- his associates and he has a regimen.

Hydroxychloroquine, 200 milligrams twice a day, five days. Azithromycin, 500 milligrams once a day, five days. Zinc sulfate, 220 milligrams once a day for five days. This is what he has seen, him and his team have now treated approximately 350 patients in Kiryas Joel, it was an area of New York that was hit particularly hard and another 150 patients and other New York areas.

His results, we have had zero deaths, zero hospitalizations, zero intubations, zero.

We have of French study, we have news out of China, Israel is donating 6 million doses of hydroxychloroquine. Let me ask you, sir, I don't think I've ever seen anything more hopeful since this thing started, as a treatment, and we're at the first stage of the vaccine according to the Doctor Fauci, who I admire a lot. Your thoughts?

MIKE PENCE: Well, what -- what we see in some of those anecdotal studies, we are going to put to the test. The president has been working, we've been working with companies across the country.

Chloroquine is a perfectly legal drug and at the president's direction, the FDA is -- is -- is -- has completed and is completing what is called off label use approval, Sean, so that doctors can prescribe what is an anti-malaria drug to deal with the coronavirus.
I have read the same things you've read about combining those with other antibiotics, but we are going to work very hard with Dr. Fauci and with our team on the ground, and as we make the chloroquine available for Americans and other medications, we are going to study it. We're going to figure it out, but that's not going to get in the way of making it available.

Doctors will be able to prescribe it, and based upon the studies you're citing and anecdotal evidence, it -- it appears in many cases that it brings real relief.
----------

South Korea's extremely low CFR (case fatality rate), and the ending of China's outbreak in Wuhan also attributed to the use of quinolines. More advanced reports indicate that hydroxychloroquine must be taken with the antibiotic azithromycin to achieve even better results...

----------
Several countries, including China, South Korea and Belgium, have added chloroquine to their treatment guidelines for Covid-19.
----------

Its depressing when people, especially ones with a media position, like Hannity, spout opinion and present it as fact. Its even more depressing when people accept the opinions as fact without doing even rudimentary checks. Its quite well documented that Italy, China and S. Korea stopped using quinolines because the effective dose and the lethal dose were too close to each other and very difficult to guess in an already very ill patient...

Reactions: phlegethon
McCrystal will do nothing for Boston, other than name recognition, that some low level Amazon operations manager could do better.
He can deliver vaccines on the tip of a bullet. Whan all you have is a hammer...

Its depressing when people, especially ones with a media position, like Hannity, spout opinion and present it as fact. Its even more depressing when people accept the opinions as fact without doing even rudimentary checks. Its quite well documented that Italy, China and S. Korea stopped using quinolines because the effective dose and the lethal dose were too close to each other and very difficult to guess in an already very ill patient...

True. Hannity is an opinion show though-just like Maddow-Tucker-all the other blatherers. Current events based opinion shows are just that. Your point is very valid though because the population in general is getting dumber, critically thinking for themselves less and less, and becoming more gullible therefore swallowing everything as if it were factual.

Reactions: Bender

I have not read this. Do you have a source?

The doses quoted for HCQ, while crude are in line with the 5-6 mg/kg recommendation for use treating other conditions, and also are not long-term. As I understand it, toxicity mainly affects something in the eyes, and is mainly a problem of accumulation, i.e., long term use (>6 months).

Edited to add: Wish there was a better way to deliver the news publicly than Hannity for chrissakes.

True. Hannity is an opinion show though-just like Maddow-Tucker-all the other blatherers. Current events based opinion shows are just that. Your point is very valid though because the population in general is getting dumber, critically thinking for themselves less and less, and becoming more gullible therefore swallowing everything as if it were factual.

One of the things that i find fascinating about this 'sheep' mentality is that the people who get their opinions fed to them by 'personalities' are much more likely to violently defend these 'opinions'. It looks like people who evaluate all sides and form their own opinions are more aware of the uncertainties in the 'information' that their opinions are based upon and hence are much more cautious in defending said opinions... one group is open for debate while the other makes categorical statements.

One of the things that i find fascinating about this 'sheep' mentality is that the people who get their opinions fed to them by 'personalities' are much more likely to violently defend these 'opinions'. It looks like people who evaluate all sides and form their own opinions are more aware of the uncertainties in the 'information' that their opinions are based upon and hence are much more cautious in defending said opinions... one group is open for debate while the other makes categorical statements.

My categorical statement is people are getting dumber and dumber :D

I have not read this. Do you have a source?

The doses quoted for HCQ, while crude are in line with the 5-6 mg/kg recommendation for use treating other conditions, and also are not long-term. As I understand it, toxicity mainly affects something in the eyes, and is mainly a problem of accumulation, i.e., long term use (>6 months).

Edited to add: Wish there was a better way to deliver the news publicly than Hannity for chrissakes.

The best article i read on it was an Italian medical 'report' - no peer review unfortunately but it appeared to be a consensus report from one of the major hospitals in N. Italy. I'll see if i can get a link to it.
The same statement was made in Norway - whether this was based on their own research or just parroting the Italian report i don't know.

The gist of the reported info from S. Korea was that they needed doses of 0.5 LD50 to get results !

Some of the difference in evaluations may be because with late stage infections you don't have time to wait for quinoline's normal dose rate of inhibiting DNA replication and transcription - so they have been pushing the dose to try and terminate the replication ?

It is so frustrating that there is so little trust-able and detailed info available. Its quite possible that lower doses in combination with something else are safe and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.