• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The OFFICIAL 'Wuhan' Coronavirus outbreak information and tracking thread. NARRATIVE CHANGE. "Endemic, just like the cold". Cuomo regrets lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely some of you Gentlemen with Military experience studied the Legend of Sun Tzu, an ancient Chinese warrior who wrote a military treatise in order to get noticed and hired by royalty. The cornerstone of his stratagem: The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

It appears to me that the Chinese are waging a war while the rest of the world does not even understand what is happening. The COVID-19 is simply a "probe". It openly tells the Chinese how prepared the World is to fight a Biological War.... There's a good chance the Chinese have developed something much more lethal than COVID-19 and perhaps even a vaccine, for their people.

From what we have witnessed over the past 2 months...... How prepared is America to defend against a Biological War? At this moment we really don't need a United States Space Force...

Hobo

From what we have witnessed over the past 2 months...... How prepared is America to defend against a Biological War? At this moment we really don't need a United States Space Force...

Don't be surprised if in about 20 years it's all about space based systems of one sort on another.

Plans for Biological warfare have been being studied for a long time & I have no doubt there are many plans in place to both use it and defend against it.

The issue is when do you say, okay we are going on a war footing against a biological attack, most won't appreciate the restrictions needed to stop it until they are in full panic mode.

Just for a start, shut down all the schools, day cares, church kid's groups and amusement places for a month and see how long before people are freaking out and complaining.

We have what other countries don't have: armed to the teeth ghettos. I understand the authorities trying to delay (can't avoid it at some point) panic.

I agree. I think I have had it since Thursday last week. I never travel and work in a small office. My wife brings shit home from work. Friday was the worst. My temp was 103.5. Its been a constant 101, my breathing sounds like a frog. My wife is a PRN, so she has been medicating me. She wanted to take me to the ER friday. I felt I needed to go, but just couldnt get up to go. Besides, i hate hospitals, and dont want to be part of the stupidity. Im actually feeling better this morning. Still 100.5 temp and congested sounding breathing. I can hear gurgling in my breathing, im sure its much louder in my head than what others would hear.

Thursday my throat hurt, then thursday after dinner everything went to shit.

Im 45, fit, and healthy. I had the H1N1 in 2009. This has been worse, but I'm still alive and getting better. Maybe its just the flu????? Either way, its a flu, we get it every year....not sure why this one is different.

I asked my wife if she needed to quarantine herself....she laughed. She said you cant quarantine a flu virus.

So you have the flu or COVID19? Where are you located?

Local news here in Bellingham is reporting 4 more deaths today in the Seattle area from Corona virus. So, up to 6 total now.

This thing is gonna hammerfuck Seattles homeless population.

Last edited:
Local news here in Bellingham is reporting 4 more deaths today in the Seattle area from Corona virus. So, up to 6 total now.

This thing is gonna hammerfuck Seattles homeless population.

Nursing home is it? Damn man I feel for those who are of advanced age or already have serious health issues... I really hope they can beat this back.

If the drug addicts or street trash gets hit, I really don't have any fucks to give though.

Reactions: Dewey7271
China is driving the transmission rate down with their extreme measures apparently.

When you have 2 choices, do as I say or "disappear" things tend to get done pretty quick. And basically have unlimited "people" power to make it happen/enforce.

I would not be surprised at all if their measures are working.

But those measures will not work here in the US.

Are you serious?? We are discussing the potential impact and logistics of a novel, highly-communicable pathogen, and you actually just brought Trump/never-Trump political conspiracy theories into it, as though that is somehow relevant to this discussion.

Seeing Trump everywhere, in everything, supernaturally empowered by the dark forces, working 24 hours a day to bring about our demise must really take its toll. Perhaps you should think about getting help. Mental health professionals provide a variety of services from individual counseling to group therapy and medication.

Why is discussion regarding the politicization of the outbreak off-limits? Its undeniable that democrats are politicizing the outbreak and the media has stoked this fire. If you do not see this...well I don't know what to say.

Why is discussion regarding the politicization of the outbreak off-limits? Its undeniable that democrats are politicizing the outbreak and the media has stoked this fire. If you do not see this...well I don't know what to say.

I see it and agree with your assessment. After the last 4-6 years of non-stop political spin of the news, I'm just not interested in keeping abreast of the latest furor.

I am actually a bio-medical research scientist, so to me, science is more than just an interest; it is my life. I guess I hoped we could have a discussion about a medical topic without someone thinking of a way to make the discussion about Trump.

I see it and agree with your assessment. After the last 4-6 years of non-stop political spin of the news, I'm just not interested in keeping abreast of the latest furor.

I am actually a bio-medical research scientist, so to me, science is more than just an interest; it is my life. I guess I hoped we could have a discussion about a medical topic without someone thinking of a way to make the discussion about Trump.
this virus is all about politics

Just to play with the numbers;

The population is distributed by age as follows:
  • 0–14 years: 18.62% (male 31,255,995/female 29,919,938)
  • 15–24 years: 13.12% (male 22,213,952/female 21,137,826)
  • 25–54 years: 39.29% (male 64,528,673/female 64,334,499)
  • 55–64 years: 12.94% (male 20,357,880/female 21,821,976)
  • 65 years and over: 16.03% (male 22,678,235/female 28,376,817)
corona17-s.jpg

According to the 2010 census 11,236,760 over 80 approx. 1,685,514 dead
16,595,961 70 to 79 approx. 1,327,677 dead
12,435,263 65 to 70 approx. 447,669 dead

Assuming this makes it to the pandemic stage with no vaccine projected, mortality just in 65 plus 3,908,529 in the US

Just to play with the numbers;

The population is distributed by age as follows:
  • 0–14 years: 18.62% (male 31,255,995/female 29,919,938)
  • 15–24 years: 13.12% (male 22,213,952/female 21,137,826)
  • 25–54 years: 39.29% (male 64,528,673/female 64,334,499)
  • 55–64 years: 12.94% (male 20,357,880/female 21,821,976)
  • 65 years and over: 16.03% (male 22,678,235/female 28,376,817)

According to the 2010 census 11,236,760 over 80 approx. 1,685,514 dead
16,595,961 70 to 79 approx. 1,327,677 dead
12,435,263 65 to 70 approx. 447,669 dead

Assuming this makes it to the pandemic stage with no vaccine projected, mortality just in 65 plus 3,908,529 in the US

Its not realy about age that is just a simplified metric ,mortality rates are about underlying chronic diseases more common with each age group . Those are not the same from country to country.
The mortality rate jumps to 6% in hypertensives, 7.3% in diabetics, 10.5% in patients with cardiovascular disease, and 14.8% for patients ≥ 80 years of age

Gonna be a bitch when it picks off some random wise crack that says it only impacts sick or old people. Pretty sure the surgeon general or some other expert said it will kill random people in rare cases too.

Not much is being mentioned about any long term injury fighting this thing off either.

Gonna be a bitch when it picks off some random wise crack that says it only impacts sick or old people. Pretty sure the surgeon general or some other expert said it will kill random people in rare cases too.

Not much is being mentioned about any long term injury fighting this thing off either.

Karma. Something these "I'm gonna be a badass in the zombie apocalypse" types have failed to "factor in".

Reactions: Odysseus1911
So, case-fatality rate is calculated by dividing total deaths by total confirmed cases.

The 2.3% case-fatality rate that is still being disseminated comes from a paper published February 24 in JAMA by China's Center for Disease Control and Prevention. The paper calculated this from data that had been compiled through February 11. At that time there were 44,672 confirmed cases and 1023 deaths. 1023/44672 = 2.3%

Now there are roughly twice as many confirmed cases, many of which are in non-Chinese populations. As of 5:23 pm CST, there are 90,309 confirmed cases and 3085 deaths which gives us a current case-fatality rate of 3.4%. However, as thousands of these confirmed cases are newly diagnosed, they have not had the disease long enough to die or recover from it and therefore skew the fatality rate low. This rolling measure does not catch up to the actual fatality rate until all cases have been resolved when the epidemic ends.

To calculate the actual fatality rate, you would divide the number of deaths by the number of cases that have resolved (either in recovery or death). As of right now there are 48687 resolved cases, 3085 of which resulted in death. That is an actual fatality rate of 6.3%.

Surely some of you Gentlemen with Military experience studied the Legend of Sun Tzu, an ancient Chinese warrior who wrote a military treatise in order to get noticed and hired by royalty. The cornerstone of his stratagem: The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

It appears to me that the Chinese are waging a war while the rest of the world does not even understand what is happening. The COVID-19 is simply a "probe". It openly tells the Chinese how prepared the World is to fight a Biological War.... There's a good chance the Chinese have developed something much more lethal than COVID-19 and perhaps even a vaccine, for their people.

Hobo

bull shite! Lol. They are hurting themselves more than us during this “research”

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Rumor says virus is viable 9 days outside the body. They aren't sure how it is transmitted.
As a turd Wrangler, I am concerned. Typical retention times in a municipal system are less than 24 hours.

Reactions: bunsen27
You younger guys shouldn't get too cocky; my son's 44 year old friend recently died of the regular flu. You never know.

You younger guys shouldn't get too cocky; my son's 44 year old friend recently died of the regular flu. You never know.

Yea! ? They don't make young'uns like they used to. These days, the ones I see have a man-bun, and are standing next to a Prius vaping a little stainless penis looking thing..

And I suspect the regular flu would dissolve the little douchebags, let-alone the kung-flu.

Last edited:
Gov Kemp announced there are now 2 corona virus patients here in Georgia.

I had a feeling we would get hit early on with the Atl airport being the major hub for international air travel . I'm surprised it wasn't sooner.

So is this going to be like the walking dead, only without the zombies .

And with this all being so new and so little known, do we know for sure they WON'T turn into zombies !

Shouldnt we aire on the side of caution and consider a double tap to the head of expired patients just in case until we know for sure ??

Last edited:
There had been professional talk that it can possibly spread from poop.

I are a professional. Almost any, and likely every pathogen, can be spread by poop.
I can pretty near guarantee it can be spread by poop. The only question that remains, is how long the virus can live outside the body.
If they started with "9 days" I'm betting the overs.

Reactions: bunsen27
Number of tests run are laughable , no wonder they are not publishing numbers anymore . At present CDC numbers can't realy be trusted at all.

''The rollout of a CDC-designed test kit to state and local labs has become a fiasco because it contained a faulty reagent. Labs around the country eager to test more suspected cases—and test them faster—have been unable to do so. No commercial or state labs have the approval to use their own tests. ''

under 500 tested in whole of US since Jan 1st its a joke , CDC cant make 500 working kits ,meanwhile Chinese can run 1.6mio tests peer week , tests run by Koreans 65K ,Russians 33K .
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...d-coronavirus-testing-things-may-soon-improve

CDC website change.
ESH0dcpWAAEcn2A.jpg

Last edited:
I hope everyone out panic buying and selling stocks has started their heart health program because it will be the heart disease and type II that are going to kill you should you get Corona flu.

Looks like the Iranian's are having a bit of a rough go with COVID-19. Their number of deaths appear to be a little questionable just like China's.

Looks like the Iranian's are having a bit of a rough go with COVID-19. Their number of deaths appear to be a little questionable just like China's.

Following the script Kerry gave them to try and eliminate Trump and get the US money flowing to them again.

Expect soon to have the media Ellington us how great Irans medical response was and compare it to how Trump failed.

Watched the vid.

Looks like Burkas taking a nap.

There are two cases in my own AO now. (NYC) One is a lady who has returned from a trip to Iran, and the other is a lawyer who might have acquired it in Israel. He is also the epicenter of three more possible cases under watch.

At the moment, health officials are confident that all necessary contacts had been traced and testing/isolation efforts are working.............. That is because the patients and their contacts, so far, have been very cooperative with health officials' efforts to contain this thing.

What is truly worrisome, is when this thing hits the population of the peerage and uncouth... The wide swaths of the city who already are highly involved in drug use and criminal activity, and naturally hate the presence of any authority, except when they are trying to obtain their EBT payments of course... And on the other end of this scale you also have the hippie extremists who also loathe any and all authority and think that their yoga, weed, and "essential oils" will be the cure-all for everything. Both populations will be vectors for the dangerous and explosive spread of the pathogen once it reaches them...

No worries. I'm sure this has already been addressed here in America.....

Hobo

Iran temporarily released more than 54,000 prisoners in an effort to prevent the spread of the coronavirus outbreak in the country’s overcrowded prisons, as the disease has killed dozens in the country and infected 23 members of the Iranian parliament.

Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili told reporters certain inmates were allowed out of prison after testing negative for COVID-19 and posting bail. “Security prisoners,” sentenced to more than five years, would not be let out.

Anyone happen to notice how clean the air is over some areas in China?? Is it just me or has the number of robocalls dropped off as well???

Reactions: SD Carpenter
And now they are backing away from claiming it’s like the flu. Still heavily slanted at the elderly tho.

3.4% is Spanish flu territory and we have many more people in the world today vs then.

LOL.....I certainly hope they get some written receipts for the money they are spending.

The US Congress has voted for a $8.3bn emergency funding package to fight the coronavirus as Italy closes schools, and cancels public events and countries around the globe report more cases.

LOL.....I certainly hope they get some written receipts for the money they are spending.

The US Congress has voted for a $8.3bn emergency funding package to fight the coronavirus as Italy closes schools, and cancels public events and countries around the globe report more cases.

Whatever it takes to stimulate the stock market and drive it ever upwards...?

Status
Not open for further replies.