• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The Over Kill Coyote Killer

jhart2424

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2011
Brea, California
Almost done with her. Just finished inletting the EFR tonight and had to relieve some material on the chassis for the Lug. Still have the flush cups, LOP spacer kit and paint to do. Found a piece of something stuck to the inside of the front lens on the scope today. Have to drop the scope off at USO to see if they can clean it up.

Stopped by USO today to try and get the scope cleaned. NO PROBLEM!! They took care of it while I waited. As far as i'm concerned, there isn't a scope manufacture with better customer service!!!! It also helps to live 2 blocks from the shop. I will always be a loyal customer.

Rem 700 S/A trued by Chad at Long Rifles Inc.
Bartlein .30cal M24 contour 11.25 cut to 16"
Badger Recoil Lug double pinned by LRI
Surefire Brake
Bolt knob and fluting done by Paul at PPR
Badger 20MOA scope mount
Badger Low Rings
Timney Trigger
Manners T5A
Cerakote by LRI
USO 1.8-10x Ergo EREK MIL/MIL MIL Gap

Last edited:
Wow, great job. I really like the bolt fluting and bolt knob. Also the textur looks great. Post a pic of the whole rifle if you can.

Joseph,

Looks like an awesome build you have going. Great job on the texturing. Looking forward to the coated pics. Thanks for taking the time to post the great pics.

Best regards,
Paul

No kidding about the "God forsaken Kalifornia." Have you seen how many anti gun bills are in the works right now? 49! On another note, I like your rifle!

Ya CA is a constant pain in the ass. We are thinking of moving to Texas but it depends on jobs, kids etc. I just want to be able to use NV and a suppressor when I shoot.

I will post pics of the rifle as it gets completed. It just has the factory 26" barrel so it looks pretty plain. I will have some more done in a few weeks when I can get some time.

Thanks for everyones comments. I feel like a girl trying to fish for compliments!!!

J...No such thing as overkill in Texas...lol Outstanding bolt and knob by Paul, I was wondering who he did that for, nice rifle bud.

Ya CA is a constant pain in the ass. We are thinking of moving to Texas but it depends on jobs, kids etc. I just want to be able to use NV and a suppressor when I shoot.

I will post pics of the rifle as it gets completed. It just has the factory 26" barrel so it looks pretty plain. I will have some more done in a few weeks when I can get some time.

Thanks for everyones comments. I feel like a girl trying to fish for compliments!!!

Not to piss in your cheerios but you wont be able to run a Surefire Suppressor on that. The EFR is going to interfere with your mounting.

That's a sweet shorty! Good taste on colors too. I wish you the best of luck getting the hell out of CA!!!! My wife is getting her law degree there. I told her that there is no way in hell we are moving there. I don't care how much money she can make.

I know but here in CA we can't have suppressors. I just have the EFR to run NV out of state because once again we can't have NV either here. You don't have to piss in my cheerios, CA has already done it. I looked at it last night and knew someone would mention that.
Not to piss in your cheerios but you wont be able to run a Surefire Suppressor on that. The EFR is going to interfere with your mounting.

I figured that after I read your post again. I'll have to check to see where the NV will sit with the EFR facing forward. If nothing works then I will just re barrel to 18". :)
Well I more or less meant for if you ever move away from Kommiefornia.

I love the look!
You have done exactly what I striving for!
With some luck my 5R will look like that....or at least something like that
I just aqquried the same stock
having my barrel finished at 18"

Looks Awesome Brother!