• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

THIEVES AT UPS!

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
don't know where this needs to go,so...got involved in a trade with another member. 200r 147 eld for 200r 175 gmm. both happy. mine gets here ok. he PMs me asking-did you forget 4 boxes or send 2 boxes? he got 120r only. smart guy- he took doc pics and weighed the box. 12.4 lbs shipped 6.4 lbs arrived. i now must go thru the claim process and hope to get some of his $ back. if you send UPS in the future-insure the shit out of it. at least 20% over trade/sale value. 1 of my probs is the very dim bulbs at local ups contract loc. need to tell them at least 3x that it is ammo. and force them to become conscious so you can add and be charged for add'l insurance. more luck at my local PO. 80% of the folks are awake,alert and well oriented. 20% ya gotta watch. i always ship guns priority insured (for like 15yrs). NPs. ammo has to go ups. so,more ins $ in my future.

How well packed would it have been if it had all the ammo in it? Reason I ask is ammo is notorious for breaking out tape and escaping. After all, it's literally a box of lead, and none of the shipping companies handle anything with a remote amount of care anymore.

i know how to pack and heavily tape guns,ammo,optics. been doing it frequently for at least 15+ years with NO issues. except the PO running over a mn 91 stock about 10 years ago with a fork lift.

• Wow
Reactions: Dragonscout25
How well packed would it have been if it had all the ammo in it? Reason I ask is ammo is notorious for breaking out tape and escaping. After all, it's literally a box of lead, and none of the shipping companies handle anything with a remote amount of care anymore.
I agree with this a few times i had to put 9mm projectiles back in a box while cussing midway

Reactions: Badfinger
I try to have thin shipped fedx if it’s a choice. Not great luck with ups

I agree with this a few times i had to put 9mm projectiles back in a box while cussing midway
Midway sucks ballz with their shipment packng. I stopped ordering from them for that reason..... And don’t get me started on UPS. They have been making my life hell.....
“UPS, when any excuse will do” ......

I have been shipping ammo for a bit. Not easy to do consistently without packaging in an extreme way.

Haven't had a reported issue yet but I am ADD about it

Reactions: Redmanss
Midway sucks ballz with their shipment packng. I stopped ordering from them for that reason..... And don’t get me started on UPS. They have been making my life hell.....
“UPS, when any excuse will do” ......

Un Professional Service

Reactions: Dragonscout25
prob for me is fedex for me requires an "account" to shipe ammo/guns. both fedex and ups main centers in g.ville are an ugly 35+ miles away. up until recently ups has been great. route guys very helpful. fedex has no perm route driver out here and the ones they have had suck. so,kinda stuck.

Last edited:
I’m going to jinx myself, but for me:

1.) UPS
2.) FedEx
3.) .gov

I rarely have issues with UPS, my bitch is they can get pretty pricey on certain boxes or locations. That’s when I seek out the other two nitwits and end up waiting double the time.