• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Thinking of downsizing from a nightforce...

BRDTX

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2011
Texas
Noob here, I'm thinking of downsizing from a NXS 3.5-15 I have currently to a leupy or vortex or maybe ior. It should free up some cash flow for me to put into other things. I am intrigued by some of the features of the ior but am leery of their manufacture. I have always liked leupold but a decent chunck of Internet folks complain about their QC even in the mark 4 line. I did recently get a vxr patrol that I really like.

Basically my question is, of a used mk4, new vortex pst, or some variation of another, which would you go with. Right now I have the moa/moa on the NXS, but I think I want to switch to mil/mil.

TIA

Re: Tinking of downsizing from a nightforce...

+1 on the Vortex...I own a PST and a NF...love em both, would not hesitate to get another Vortex at all. Very nice glass and a shit pot load of features for under $1k. I got a buddy right now thinking the same thing...he's thinking of selling his NF and getting 2 more PST's.

Thanks gents, don't get me wrong, I love the NF, but I think I'm going to sell it. My buddy just got a pst in ffp and it is pretty sweet. The glass may not be quite as good as NF, but it is good. Heck the VXR I just got has pretty decent glass itself.

I have a Vortex Viper Pst SFP Moa/Moa I would trade you plus cash if you're interested. Pm me and LMk.

Never say never on getting a decent price out of it, but generally when you sell an optic you will take a 25-35% price hit on it. You could end up getting around a grand for your scope and turn around to spend $700-$850 for the PST...unless of course you can get one used or trade.

I sold my Leupold MK4 and bought a Viper PST. Would do that again without hesitation.

Re: Thinking of downsizing from a nightforce...

I've got the same nightforce you do

I'm gonna keep it but my next scope will probably be a used mk4 ffp with a custom elevation turret

Wouldn't say IOR is downsizing my IOR 3.5-18x50 ffp was $1850 and my IOR 2.5-10x42 ffp was $1050. I would say they are on par or in my opinion better than NF although most here will disagree.

Thanks for the replies. DeauxJoe right now I think I just want to sell, I haven't figured out which route I want to go. Thanks for the offer though.