• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Third Generation Shooters Supply: WTF

Jig Stick

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
This is my first time dealing with this company. I just learned about them. I tried multiple times over the past hour to place an order for some Berger VLDs, and their website keeps shitting the bed. I add stuff to my cart, go to check out, it takes my credit card info and shipping info, I click submit, and the screen goes blank and tells me my cart is empty. This is annoying. Maybe Ill just stick with Midway

Re: Third Generation Shooters Supply: WTF

i have never had an issue ordering from them.

cant beat thier shipping rates, best ive found

I know. Their shipping is awesome. Thats why I tried them. But their website is not working for me at all.

BJ and the guys are gtg. Just shoot them an email and I'm sure he'll fix you up. I don't know about their shipping as they are only a 20 minute drive for me.

BJ is gtg. Give them time to make it right and get your stuff ordered. They are very timely in getting stuff shipped.

Maybe try a different browser? Firefox has always worked fine for me.

As others have said, Third Gen is GTG.

I had the same thing happen with Powder Valley.
It is a browser problem, use a different browser or call them.

I spoke with them just now. they told me that they have known about the problem with their website for a while now and are working on correcting it. They also told me that the order most likely was successfully placed each time I attempted. I think I attempted like 5-6x last night, and again this morning from a different computer. they told me that they will "try" to ensure that I only get charged for one order. They better. What a hassel. I just got off the phone with my credit card company and told them to look out for multiple bad charges. I hope this all works out, but Im feeling a little sour right now.

Those guys are GTG - ordered a bunch of stuff from them with no problems what-so-ever!!

Good experience with 3rd Gen here as well. Give em a chance to make it right. Good folks.

so you placed an order 6-7 times by your above count in a few hours rather than calling them, and YOU'RE "a little sour"...

anyone ever stop to think that all the threads that have popped up about crappy service lately might, just MIGHT, stem from you're fucked up need for immediate satisfaction?

everyone seems to want their shit cheap, perfect, and right the hell now damn it.

well, that all sounds good, but here in the real world it doesn't work that way.

maybe you might have shoulda maybe.... called after it screwed up the first time, second anyway... ya think.... nah, we're American, now send me my shit, or I'll get on the internet and tell everyone your company sucks balls.

As a industry vendor who uses an online presence to conduct business, I understand your frustration here. However, PLEASE try to understand that technology isn't perfect. Sometimes things outside of our control come up, bugs get into the system, etc. When this happens, just call & let the company know that you're having problems. 99% of the time, this is how we find out there is an issue.

3rd Gen is a stand up company, site sponsor, and big supporter of the shooting sports. They are 100% GTG. I can assure you that they are not looking to screw you out of your hard earned money with this multiple order issue. But you need to give them time to contact their credit card processor so they can correctly replace the funds and process the intended order.

Bottom line, COMMUNICATE with them that there is a problem & they will take care of the issue. They aren't dodging the problem but are just taking a deliberate, systemic approach to getting the problem fixed. 3rd Gen are the "good guys" in this world & you're not going to get "botached" here...

Just my $.02.

I have had nothing but good luck with this company and they have always shipped fast and cheap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so you placed an order 6-7 times by your above count in a few hours rather than calling them, and YOU'RE "a little sour"...

anyone ever stop to think that all the threads that have popped up about crappy service lately might, just MIGHT, stem from you're fucked up need for immediate satisfaction?

everyone seems to want their shit cheap, perfect, and right the hell now damn it.

well, that all sounds good, but here in the real world it doesn't work that way.

maybe you might have shoulda maybe.... called after it screwed up the first time, second anyway... ya think.... nah, we're American, now send me my shit, or I'll get on the internet and tell everyone your company sucks balls.

</div></div>

I attempted to place the order at 11pm last night jackoff. Because thats what time I get off work. Customer service wasnt available. Their website was so fucking slow that I thought there was a server error or that it wasnt registering my card number correctly. Thats why I attempted to place the order multiple times. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that something technical was happening. I really wasnt bothered that it wasnt working because I figured Id call them in the AM. Which is what I did. And when I was told "we have known for a while that our website is fucked up" and that they would "try not to charge me multiple times" that was the last thing I wanted to hear.

If you know there is a problem with your site, why not inform people about the problem, so that this shit doesnt happen.

I dont need instant gratification. But I also dont need hassles. I deal with them enough at work. And now I have a hassle to deal with which is annoying.

Regardless, they emailed me and said it has been taken care of. Ill wait and see. So far I hate their website, but I do like how they are working with me now. Their prices are good and shipping is a great deal.

They have become my go to reloading source. 2 days and Ups is knocking on my door.

Hey guys, we are having an issue w/our shopping cart feature. Not sure what is going on but it is being worked on. Hopefully the software company will get it worked out soon. It is out of our hands.

I have been deleting the multiple orders and so far no one has been douple shipped to my knowledge. If it does happen you can rest assured that we will take care of it. Thanks for your business!!

Reactions: Pbgt

Thanks for handling this promptly 3rdgss. It was very confusing what the website was doing to me. it would take all my info, and when it asked to confirm the order i would click confirm, and my shopping cart would list the items I put in it, but the total due would change to 0. And then an error would come up saying "processing error. Try again "

I came here to see if anybody else was having the same problem, because I know you are a well thought of vendor on the site. Hopefully the site gets worked out and this stops happening to people. I like your products, prices, and especially the shipping and I want to keep doing business with you guys moving forward.

BJ and company are good to go. I've gotten a couple things from them and everything has been good to go

BJ did a Hornady group buy for us here at the hide a few months ago.

Because it was a group buy it took awhile to get everything in, which one should expect with a GB.
Some of my things were backordered so I didn't get my order when everyone else was getting theirs but BJ took care of everything.

He shipped me my order even before he had all the items in stock.
He sent the rest of the order when the items showed up a few days later, all on his dime.

He'll take care of ya don't worry.

never had a problem with them.... good prices...good shipping charges.....knowledgeable inventory....
bill larson

The one thing in this whole thread that really stands out to me is the "I ordered 5 or 6 times, but they better only charge me for one".

Classic.
How many times do you have to be hit in the head with a hammer before you realize that it is going to hurt every time?

Reactions: Clob McStrunk

Website is fixed
smile.gif

Ordered a blank barrel from them and didn't have an issue. Great service and shipping was quick...

based on my experience, 3rd gen is GTG. They worked with me to ensure my Hornady GB order was assembled and delivered. I appreciate their patience and flexibility during the process. While I appreciate broken technology is frustrating (and sourcing unavailable parts from manufacturers - so far, many in this industry), retailer/distributor customer services Goes a long way towards making me a loyal customer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so you placed an order 6-7 times by your above count in a few hours rather than calling them, and YOU'RE "a little sour"...

</div></div>

I usually place my orders at night once Im home from the office. So, if he did the same thing for some reason then you cant really call them for customer support at 10pm.

Chill out dude!!!

Deal with BJ - he has always been a standup guy and treated those of us very fairly.

so you placed an order 6-7 times by your above count in a few hours rather than calling them, and YOU'RE "a little sour"...

This behavior has gotten much, much worse in the last 18 months. There are days when I want to close my business, use my emergency fund to pay off my farm, and crawl in a hole there. Fuck money and travel.

Everyday is, "I would like x."

My reply, "That is going to cost around $100k are you prepared to spend that?"

Their reply, " Oh my God! What can we get for $30k?"

"We can do y for $30k."

Then we sign a contract for y for $30k. Then they throw a fit because we didn't do z.

"Ma'am, z was part of x. You didn't like the price and opted for y."

"Well I just don't understand how you can do y without z."

"Well ma'am, that's were the cost savings comes from."

"Well, I'm not happy with y without z. Can you do z?"

"Yes, but there will be an additional charge of $50k because z should have been done as part of the process. It is very difficult to add it on after the fact."

"Well, nevermind then. I was hoping you would include it. I will just remain unhappy."

"Ma'am, you signed a very detailed contract that stated exactly what we were going to do. It also stated in big bold letters that anything not specifically described as part of the contract was excluded from the price and would cost extra."

"Well, I just think this is unacceptable, but you did fulfill the contract, so I guess I have to pay."

This is now 5/10 customers. Prior to covid it went more like this.
"We would like x"

"That will run you around $120k."

"That is more than we were thinking, but we would like to go ahead."

We deliver x.

Customer reaction:
"Wow, this is great. It was definitely worth the money even though it was expensive. Can you also provide abc?"

I miss those days. I'm providing a service. There are a lot of ways to be different. The op is asking for someone to provide a product with very little opportunity for interaction. It seems like consumers think anything less than a perfect experience is poor. The only way to go above and beyond is to have a team of people that expertly answer questions about products. How do you pay that team of people? Charge more...and the bitching ensues.

That said there is something wrong with our culture, as I find myself inclined to act this way sometimes. I stop myself by remembering what it feels like to be in the opposite role.

Reactions: Clob McStrunk
Those guys are some of the best in the industry.
Change your OMG OMG OMG BS title and take that negativity over to AR.15.