• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This definitely sucks. Submarine lost.

Is that even the right submersible?

Those fasteners look tiny. 1/4-20 SHCS ish. Might have stretched one out right in that video.

Reactions: 101st
And we have to remember, the crew of that sub is a bunch of millionaires on a thrillseeking trip, not TRAINED divers or Air Force pararescue men who know how to regulate breathing and stress levels during situations like this. Panicked breathing under extreme stress will deplete the oxygen supply in that vessel much faster than the estimated rate. Their O2 may have run out even sooner than the estimated time that is being broadcasted right now. Fucking horrific to even think about it.

And the bolt pattern/spacing looks about 12" apart.
Do you suppose they'll find the wreckage withing a week?

My guess is that it imploded on the way down and sank to the ocean floor.
It's fairly heavy at 25,000' so I'm guess it's in the general area.

Reactions: Fig
First you give me a quarter of a million dollars. Then I'll bolt you into this contraption from the outside, and sink you to the bottom of the sea. But don't worry about an F'ing thing, because you can control everything with this.....

screen-shot-2023-06-21-at-10-37-11-am.png
The billionaire could have built his own deep sea submersible by experienced 50 yr. old experts with real controls that weren't labeled with a Sharpie.

Or better yet, he could be sitting on his yacht anchored in the Greek Islands, drinking 20 yr. old Argyros VinSanto and snorting coke off 20 yr. old bikini clad models asses. But NO-O-O...

Last edited:
According to this article, the viewport (window) was only rated to 4250 ft., they were diving 3x that. Not much margin left, one might imagine.

According to this article, the viewport (window) was only rated to 4250 ft., they were diving 3x that. Not much margin left, one might imagine.

If anything were to even develop a microscale crack down at 12,500 feet, that whole sub would momentarily become a diesel engine as water compacts everything inward and ignite everything in a flash, before being snuffed out by the water and leaving nothing but a pancake shaped hunk of metal and plastic debris. Even at the depths normally cruised by military subs, a water leak would be akin to a metal cutting jet coming in, powerful enough to sever limbs clean off if someone gets in the way.

And we have to remember, the crew of that sub is a bunch of millionaires on a thrillseeking trip, not TRAINED divers or Air Force pararescue men who know how to regulate breathing and stress levels during situations like this. Panicked breathing under extreme stress will deplete the oxygen supply in that vessel much faster than the estimated rate. Their O2 may have run out even sooner than the estimated time that is being broadcasted right now. Fucking horrific to even think about it.
Thats what I'm thinking, lots of panic and the Pakistanis chanting, rocking and praying out loud, probably nonstop.

Plus, the O2 it took to kick that sub owner's ass.

There is a video of the sub owner on youtube now, saying how his company is different. His company is young and racially diverse, and he states the other sub companies hire those 50 year old white ex Navy nuclear submarine guys, but not him no, I mean if your at crush depth why would you need a ex Navy nuclear submarine white guy. In addition his submarine is controlled by a video game controller that Costs $29.99.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Sniperwannabee
There is a video of the sub owner on youtube now, saying how his company is different. His company is young and racially diverse, and he states the other sub companies hire those 50 year old white ex Navy nuclear submarine guys, but not him no, I mean if your at crush depth why would you need a ex Navy nuclear submarine white guy. In addition his submarine is controlled by a video game controller that Costs $29.99.
I think the ex Navy guys told him no way am I going to lose my life in that actual beer can you built.

Reactions: Charlie112

I think the ex Navy guys told him no way am I going to lose my life in that actual beer can you built.
2hhqt5.jpg

This is all almost unbelievable. A guy with that much money, piecing together a sub with hardware store parts and pieces of an rv and thinking he is going to us AEROSPACE tech over deepsea tech-in a DEEP SEA enviroment. The only thing that surprises me is that this didnt happen to him sooner- unless this was his maiden voyage.

This is all almost unbelievable. A guy with that much money, piecing together a sub with hardware store parts and pieces of an rv and thinking he is going to us AEROSPACE tech over deepsea tech-in a DEEP SEA enviroment. The only thing that surprises me is that this didnt happen to him sooner- unless this was his maiden voyage.
It really is unbelievable especially considering the warnings.

"Pride cometh before destruction."

Life is stranger than fiction. We were talking about it at work. My boss says if he had that kind of money he'd build a better sub. I said I'd just buy a vacation where the water is warm and snorkel for sunken pirate ships.

Apparently, Stockton Rush is (was) married to the Great, Great Granddaughter of the co-founder of the Macy's Department Store chain. And, oh by the way, the Macy's co-founder and his wife perished in the original Titanic sinking. They were depicted in Cameron's movie as the old couple that laid down in bed and held each other as the water enveloped them and the ship sank.

One of the sad parts about this tragedy is that money to do things right should not have been a problem. Conversely, he may have been viewed inside the extended family as being enough of a fuck up that they weren't interested in funding any of his pie in the sky projects.

I've also had a chance to think about Stockton Rush's comments about hiring diverse, younger, inspired people. I think his comments were just smokescreen to hide the fact that he wasn't interested in getting into arguments with older "50 year old white guys", that just happened to know more about what it took to get things right than what he did. The younger, "more inspirational" kids would not argue, fight back, or question what he told them to do, in fear of losing their jobs or getting red marks on their resume. I hope they are smart enough to figure out that Rush did indeed use them.

More and more, I'm getting the impression that Rush was at a minimum, a sociopath.

1000001132.jpg

Apparently, Stockton Rush is (was) married to the Great, Great Granddaughter of the co-founder of the Macy's Department Store chain. And, oh by the way, the Macy's co-founder and his wife perished in the original Titanic sinking. They were depicted in Cameron's movie as the old couple that laid down in bed and held each other as the water enveloped them and the ship sank.

One of the sad parts about this tragedy is that money to do things right should not have been a problem. Conversely, he may have been viewed inside the extended family as being enough of a fuck up that they weren't interested in funding any of his pie in the sky projects.

I've also had a chance to think about Stockton Rush's comments about hiring diverse, younger, inspired people. I think his comments were just smokescreen to hide the fact that he wasn't interested in getting into arguments with older "50 year old white guys", that just happened to know more about what it took to get things right than what he did. The younger, "more inspirational" kids would not argue, fight back, or question what he told them to do, in fear of losing their jobs or getting red marks on their resume. I hope they are smart enough to figure out that Rush did indeed use them.

More and more, I'm getting the impression that Rush was at a minimum, a sociopath.
So it looks like Donald Trump doesn't have the biggest ego after all.

A fool or several fools and their money... may be appropos.

A game controller.... smdh

For 250K, money could be much better spent elsewhere, but its easy to be an armchair quarterback at this stage.

Reactions: myronman3
Looking at it from here, I would have prayed for an implosion rather than 4 days freezing with depleting O2.

Or a cyanide capsule.

According to Stockton Rush's Twitter Feed, the passengers paid $250,000 each. But the round trip ticket price was $500K.

Sirhr
Gets to the bottom. So guys its going to be another $250k to get back up. How would you like to pay.

14.7 PSI at Sea Level

At the point they lost contact they were what, 8,000' = 242 ATM, or 3,563 PSI
The cylinder head on a diesel tractor engine is about 2,700 PSI

Imagine being a half inch tall and in the cylinder head of a diesel tractor. There won't be any bodies. They vaporized as the air ignited.

At least they were killed instantly.

One woke mother fucker has some 'splaining to do.

Most of those big money fuckers are sociopaths. Show me a software company mogul and I'll show you an intellectual property thieving sociopath that steals the young, naive talent's ideas and discards them.

I doubt Bill Gates ever wrote a software program by himself in his life.