• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on Magpul PRS Lite?

Very anxiously awaiting one.
Had me at release video.
First spring, then summer, now late summer, crossing fingers its not fall
I'll be a guinea pig with my cheapie PSA PA10 ;)

Reactions: bfoosh006
No matter the vendor car parts or pig casings any fuck up or delay will be cv19s fault because the sheep accept it universally.

Ordered reloading stuff from the same state as electronic parts same day. The gun stuff was here in 2 days the electronics was six with a lame excuse of rona and shipping problems.

Both shipped ups.

The fact that the shipping lable for the in stock electronics was 4 days in the making did not elude me.

Probably every incompetent in America should blame it on rona.

Picking up a receiver today to start a build, and I find this thread and also find out its not available yet.
I guess that means my build has been put on a payment plan due to availability.

Picking up a receiver today to start a build, and I find this thread and also find out its not available yet.
I guess that means my build has been put on a payment plan due to availability.
Looking back historically on some other product launches, arfcom seems to have a good record of a similar instance, where magpul basically delayed a planned product release for almost a year past the original launch date…and that was without any covid production concerns as a factor. It sucks to say the least.

Every delay by every company has been conveniently Spindoctered and blamed on covid.

That excuse is wearing thin.

Reactions: Halfnutz
I keep watching for a lot of places offering the regular PRS on sale... at lower clearance type prices.

Hoping that means they want to clear the older ones out prior to the PRS Lite release.... ( its all the hope I have left... Lol )

Between this, mbus3, k2xl, and gl9 mag ALL being vaporware, I give up on Magpul.

I keep watching for a lot of places offering the regular PRS on sale... at lower clearance type prices.

Hoping that means they want to clear the older ones out prior to the PRS Lite release.... ( its all the hope I have left... Lol )
The regular PRS isn’t going anywhere

Reactions: bfoosh006
There’s a lot more options than the PRS out there these days. What would be ideal is something like the PRS Lite with the LMT DMR cheekweld/comb. The B5 Precision stock is close, but misses the mark a bit. In the meantime I have the new Arisaka adjustable buttplate for the SL-S which addresses what I’ve really missed about not having a PRS.

It's usually pretty easy finding a PRS GEN3 for $180

I have both the PRS Gen3 and the LMT, I like both. The adjustability is nice but once it's set it usually doesn't get messed with. The B5 just doesn't look right for some reason. I like the looks of the lite. Paired with a Seekins NOXS fore end it should make for a svelt rifle. But with a heavy 24" barrel the PRS may balance better.
Decisions, decisions.

I got to finger one of the RRA Marksman stocks the other day and I've got to say it's probably my favorite stock in this segment. Problem is it's expensive enough that I'd just as soon jump up a tier and get an XLR or Tacmod.

Reactions: Snuby642
A couple of thoughts for the day.

First of all today is the first day of fall, where are the stocks?

Second, must be getting close .
180 dollars on sale.

Last edited:
A couple of thoughts for the day.

First of all today is the first day of fall, where are the stocks?

Second, must be getting close .
180 dollars on sale.

I'm pretty sure the PRS Lite is not a replacement for the regular PRS. So I don't think there is a correlation between the PRS being on sale and Magpul about to release the Lite.

I differ with that assessment sir.

It's a half price work around with adjustments that are not as quick but still fully functional.

That function may be preferable to some users.

At the sale price the prs looks better for some I expect.

Reactions: Steel head
I differ with that assessment sir.

It's a half price work around with adjustments that are not as quick but still fully functional.

That function may be preferable to some users.

At the sale price the prs looks better for some I expect.
Yeah, I'm talking from a product line perspective. I doubt Magpul will discontinue the standard PRS because of this Lite version.

You saying "must be getting close" because some random website has a sale on the standard PRS doesn't make sense to me. Unless I missed something.

The PRS Lite is absolutely, positively not replacing the PRS.

I didn't intend for that to read as a product line replacement.

It is however a huge purchase option (replacement) in that respect.

And yes when a new product becomes available it is standard that the old modle will be discounted as its sales will share the customer base.

Other than a place to put rail / monopod can't see me missing anything I need.

I didn't intend for that to read as a product line replacement.

It is however a huge purchase option (replacement) in that respect.

And yes when a new product becomes available it is standard that the old modle will be discounted as its sales will share the customer base.

Other than a place to put rail / monopod can't see me missing anything I need.
Ahh okay, yes I agree. From a functional standpoint it can perform the same and fill the same role.

Probably splitting sales by 50 %.
But overall upping sales.

You have to think Magpul ran the numbers.

I didn't mean to suggest the PRS would be "replaced" by the PRS LtWt.

I certainly don't plan on replacing all mine... I will most likely buy just the LtWt version in the future.

What I meant was the PRS "probably" wasn't going to selling as quickly, after the LtWt comes out. And a lot of parts outlets prefer to not have product/$ sitting on the shelf that doesn't sell as fast.

I hope that makes better sense ? Sorry to all if I stirred up a whole lot of nothing.

Anyway... I am still looking forward to a lighter weight PRS, as mentioned before, I rarely adj. mine after initial setup... so those parts aren't really necessary for continued use from me.

Maybe just trying to dry up stock of existing prs so thier vendors are not left holding them.

I’m running the SL-S with Arisaka’s adjustable buttplate.

Recently there was import restrictions on arms from some places. Vauge but forget exactly the facts, sorry.

Hate to envision Magpul relying on them but, money money money.

Well was actually hoping for an official fresh response from the company to dispell my insinuation.

I imagine that plastic components, such as Magpul specializes in, are not considered arms.
They cut cheap garbage ammo some people liked. That is also not arms?

It's been all this time and not at the least low rate initial production?

Wtf and I have mostly magpul products for my entire family in case you thought I was dissident.

Reactions: lash
The PRS Lite isn't all that much shorter from what I saw. Iirc less than an inch.
Less than that unfortunately, 14.3" for the PRS and 13.85" for the Lite. So the Lite is still too long for me on anything other than a dedicated prone gun but I'm probably more picky about this stuff than most people. I've got two rifles that are identical in every respect except for .3" of LOP and they feel completely different.

Reactions: Steve_In_29
Less than that unfortunately, 14.3" for the PRS and 13.85" for the Lite. So the Lite is still too long for me on anything other than a dedicated prone gun but I'm probably more picky about this stuff than most people. I've got two rifles that are identical in every respect except for .3" of LOP and they feel completely different.
Yeah I'm a shorter LOP guy as well.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger