• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on Magpul PRS Lite?

I got an FDE earlier today, and noticed a few hours later, all three colors are sold out.

Thanks to this thread for pointing me to it.
My preorder/backorder at Optics Planet now shows ETA of Feb. 2022....glad i can cancel that.

Looks like FDE is back in stock at least for today....if anyone else is still looking.
If you're going for other colors, suggest checking back daily in the morning.

These are a response, and a gut punch to Luth-AR. I wonder how they will react.

I would also say recognition of market demand for a light weight adjustable stock.

I have a couple Luth-ARs. One of them is going to get swapped out when the PRS-Lite arrives.

For what they were at that price point, when I bought them I am happy with them.

If the PRS-Lite had been out a couple years ago, I would not have gotten the Luth-ARs, or at least only one to try out...

Last edited:
I'm getting one for my 18" eventually.

Meh. I think Randy sells stocks as a hobby, with nothing to prove and no real desire to compete hard in the market.
I would venture it's not just the stocks that are a "hobby".

I bought two of their bolt catches and they didn't fit my rifles (PSA PA10s). When contacted they weren't helpful nor even seemed concerned. I was told, mail them to us (on my dime) and they would check them out. No thanks, I just used Optics Planet's free return and got my money back.

Same lack of concern when asked about their new AR10 mags. I requested info on where they source the mags from via email to a customer service rep I was already talking to, as well as on their facebook page. Dead silence to both requests.

I have zero interest in spending any money with LuthAR at this point.

I would venture it's not just the stocks that are a "hobby".

I bought two of their bolt catches and they didn't fit my rifles (PSA PA10s). When contacted they weren't helpful nor even seemed concerned. I was told, mail them to us (on my dime) and they would check them out. No thanks, I just used Optics Planet's free return and got my money back.

Same lack of concern when asked about their new AR10 mags. I requested info on where they source the mags from via email to a customer service rep I was already talking to, as well as on their facebook page. Dead silence to both requests.

I have zero interest in spending any money with LuthAR at this point.
Yeah I'm not too surprised by that. He's a super nice guy but I think his business is just something to kill time in retirement and he doesn't take it too seriously. And I get the impression they don't actually manufacture anything in house.

Reactions: Steve_In_29
am getting it for a few of my guns, notably a Sig DMR2, maybe one of my Noveske Switchblocks.

Yeah I'm not too surprised by that. He's a super nice guy but I think his business is just something to kill time in retirement and he doesn't take it too seriously. And I get the impression they don't actually manufacture anything in house.
Perhaps he uses it for a tax right off and a way to expense his shooting toys.

Magpul shipping is quick!

Attachments

• 38AB79E2-6F2C-4DDA-9D85-742AD5F307C7.jpeg
    38AB79E2-6F2C-4DDA-9D85-742AD5F307C7.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: jwramp
Installed mine today as well. Prefer the cheek weld of the SOCOM or SL-S tbh, but that was sort of understood going into it k guess. I think the Arisaka buttplate is a great alternate solution, especially if shorter LOP or quickly adjustable LOP is desired.

Installed mine as well. Very easy installation, one screw, and locks up tight. Adjustments are all very easy to make as well. Just need a 1/8" and 5/32" Allen wrench for total install/adjustments. Very stable and rigid after tightening everything up, my initial impression is very good. Mounted mine on a Vltor A5 extension.

PXL_20211219_232303906.jpg

Here's another pic installed:

PXL_20211219_232325471.jpg

Here's my complete rifle now:

PXL_20211219_232244763.MP.jpg

- Aero M4E1 lower
- Aero M4E1 Enhanced Upper
- 18" Compass Lake Eng. Krieger (CLE chamber 1:7.7")
- SLR adjustable gas block
- Triggertech Diamond
- Atlas Super CAL (Crazy Stable)
- Leupold Mark 5 and mount
- MKM Grip

Waited a long time and was not disappointed!

My PSA 308Ar (ignore scope setup, it's temp)

Not in final configuration as wife insisted she wrap it for Christmas so like a suppressor in jail, I got a short visit.

Reactions: viking78
Waited a long time and was not disappointed!

My PSA 308Ar (ignore scope setup, it's temp)

Not in final configuration as wife insisted she wrap it for Christmas so like a suppressor in jail, I got a short visit.

Yup my wife did that with my KRG I ordered.

They look a lot better on rifles than I thought they would look.

Anyone know if this will fit the prs lite?

Good question. I like extra length and shoot in a T-shirt a lot.

Definitely good for target shooting to keep from sliding.

Would not want on 2 way unless maybe a DM type rig which is the build I'm scrounging together currently.

The PRS Lite has the same butt pad footprint as the PRS Gen 3, just with a thinner pad.

They are back in stock at Magpul's site. I just placed an order for a black one.

Reactions: Snuby642
I was bummed I missed out the other day, but they just came back in stock in black, so now I have one on the way!

I received mine today and found that when you adjust the LOP the adjustable part has a lot of movement. It wiggles and moves about 1/8” forwards and backwards.

I took it apart and the clamping mechanism bottoms out against itself and will not grip the rail/teeth tightly except in the most forward position. The tooth is larger at that position when compared to the rest

you can see how much play there is and the clamp is tightened all the way. I can probably sand the raised portions between the halves but curious if anyone else has this issue.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 76
Installed mine today as well. Prefer the cheek weld of the SOCOM or SL-S tbh, but that was sort of understood going into it k guess. I think the Arisaka buttplate is a great alternate solution, especially if shorter LOP or quickly adjustable LOP is desired.

Interesting to hear, I just installed the Arisaka angle adapter and bag rider on my SL-S to try out on my SPR. The total weight of that set up is 18.7 oz, very close to the PRS-Lite at 18.2 oz with similar capabilities minus the adjustable cheekpiece, however I personally haven't found a need for that feature on AR-15's.

Interesting to hear, I just installed the Arisaka angle adapter and bag rider on my SL-S to try out on my SPR. The total weight of that set up is 18.7 oz, very close to the PRS-Lite at 18.2 oz with similar capabilities minus the adjustable cheekpiece, however I personally haven't found a need for that feature on AR-15's.

I've never liked adjustable AR stocks for precision shooting, even the ones that lock, as they usually still have some movement in them after a while. Getting the correct cheek height is also very important for precision shooting. Going from a little strain in your neck to none is still a noticeable difference. Coming from a B5 SOPMOD on this build to this PRS Lite is a night a day difference (with respect to precision shooting that is)

you can see how much play there is and the clamp is tightened all the way. I can probably sand the raised portions between the halves but curious if anyone else has this issue.
View attachment 7765640

Are you tightening the adjustment before it's mounted and tightened down? I think I remember my PRS, or something else, being a little loose before everything was kiu ted and tightened up. In other words, set everything where you want it then tighten everything down and see if it still wiggled.

View attachment 7765640

Did you follow torque specs when adjusting that LOP bolt?

Reach out to Magpul's customer service and we'll see how helpful they are?

I have a Magpul PRS Extended Rubber Buttpad - 0.80" on thy way from Primary Arms, I will see how that works out.

7 lb ~3 oz, without optic/mount, with UTG MLOK split (separate legs) bipod on it.

p1.jpg

Did you follow torque specs when adjusting that LOP bolt?

Reach out to Magpul's customer service and we'll see how helpful they are?
I called Magpul and the tech said the stock has to be installed and it won’t have the play. I’m short a castle nut to finish everything for the A5 tube. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have it together to check again.

Reactions: Harman117
I'll probably get one when FDE becomes available for my very overweight M5 build (rifle tube I think) that has a PRS v3 now.

If it's great maybe I'll finally replace the ARFX on a rifle tube on my grendel.

I'll probably get one when FDE becomes available for my very overweight M5 build (rifle tube I think) that has a PRS v3 now.

If it's great maybe I'll finally replace the ARFX on a rifle tube on my grendel.
No? Carbine/A5 only?

Designed to military standards, the PRS Lite is intended for carbine/SR25/A5 extension tubes for .223 and .308 receiver-pattern rifles.