• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Thoughts on the CONX RF?

anaxagoras

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
My gf got me a kestrel 5700 sportsman & conx combo for $875 for my birthday. I told her i wanted a 5700 elite and she saw this combo and went for it instead. - Not complaining, good girl.

I'm curious how the combo still rates? my current RF is a leica 1600b.

Do you think the CONX is worth keeping? If Not: She's not opposed to me returning it, but i feel like she got it for a good price, so maybe i should try and flip it on ebay? I've been eyeing up the kilo 2400 is part of the issue.

I do want the kestrel, although if i keep it, i'm upgrading it to the elite.

I just want to make sure i'm getting the right thing the first time.

Last edited:
I have not tried the CONX but I have the Elite 1 mile which was out before it. I am pretty impressed with mine for the $. If you put it on a tripod it ranges to some pretty good distance. I can get 1,400 yds off big rocks, you just have to hit the right spot. Best range was 1,500 yds. I imagine the CONX will be as good or better. Tripod is pretty key with mine though.

I received the CONX in a trade and ended up selling for $550. It didn't come with the Kestrel. I tested the CONX out, ranged out to 1800y. For the $ its a good LRF. Almost on par with the G7 I also sold,(IMHO). You might consider selling separately? The new Sig Kilo 2400 is where it's at. I think paired with a 5700 elite will be the cat's ass!!!