• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Through barrel flush pump

Messmaker

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
I have the Gre-Tan setup already that I’ve been running direct on my onboard pump for my lathe but would like to up the pressure and flow for better chip removal. I’d like to know what others that are using this type system use for a pump that won’t break the bank. Also what type and how are you grooving your reamers to get good oil flow through them.

Thanks guys.

No idea what you're currently using as current pump.
But this is what I'm using, under $100. Mounted to a Grizzly coolant tank. This model with nitrile impeller, as I use dark sulfur oil and not water based coolant. Most utility pumps aren't set up to pump petroleum-based liquids so this is key.
Can't use it anywhere near capacity until I revise my catchment container to handle the volume; need to withdraw the reamer frequently to let it clear chips but still beats the hell out of half-turns of the tailstock...take it out...clean reamer....flush chamber.... over...and over...

Reactions: Danny1788
No idea what you're currently using as current pump.
But this is what I'm using, under $100. Mounted to a Grizzly coolant tank. This model with nitrile impeller, as I use dark sulfur oil and not water based coolant. Most utility pumps aren't set up to pump petroleum-based liquids so this is key.
Can't use it anywhere near capacity until I revise my catchment container to handle the volume; need to withdraw the reamer frequently to let it clear chips but still beats the hell out of half-turns of the tailstock...take it out...clean reamer....flush chamber.... over...and over...

Do you find 45 psi to be plenty to thoroughly flush out the chips while reaming?