• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision Sniper Match April 21-22

Re: Thunder Valley Precision Sniper Match April 21-22

Money paid, and rifle ready! Bump to fill up the list.

Still waiting to here back from a few sponsors, be sure to visit the sites of the ones that have been kind enough to donate by clicking on the graphic in the first post.
Thanks

We still have some spots available....

To ease some minds... If I sent you a registration form to fill out you are in the match.

Thanks

Still some room in this match

Thanks for the info breeze. I am going to let a friend know about the shoot, so I may be able to get one more team, but not sure yet. Wait one, will advise.

I still have a single shooter looking for a partner for this match....PM me if iterested
Also have team spots available

Some Impact Data Books arrived today for the prize table...Thanks Tony

Two more sponsors stepped up in a big way..Thank you

Maybe I missed this Breeze, but when should the teams be arriving to the range? Will we have a chance to take a few zeroing shots before getting started? Or will the range be cold until start time? Sorry if this has been answered already! Doc

If you need to check your <span style="color: #CC0000">100yd</span> zero you need to be on the range at 7:00am, you will have until 7:30am
Check in starts at 7:30am range is cold
Match starts at 8:30am

Bolts must be removed or chamber flag unless you are on the firing line.

Wondering if we could come camp up friday night too in order to avoid the very early morning drive on Saturday.

Very excited for the match!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wondering if we could come camp up friday night too in order to avoid the very early morning drive on Saturday.

Very excited for the match! </div></div>

Yes Matt

My partner and I are going to be camping as well. It should be a fun weekend

Colin So will Brett and I. Wayde I'm assuming the camping statements made earlier are an open invite. Please let me know if not. Also will there be a shower available or are we doing the baby wipe showers
wink.gif

Thank you,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skigolfmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I plan to be camping also weather permitting.

What is the round count for this match? I just want to make sure I load enough ammo. </div></div>
I believe it was 100 rounds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will there be movers? </div></div>
No

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wayde I'm assuming the camping statements made earlier are an open invite. <span style="color: #FF0000">Yes</span> Also will there be a shower available or are we doing the <span style="color: #FF0000">baby wipe showers
wink.gif
..</span>

Thank you,
Merritt </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will there be movers? </div></div>
No

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wayde I'm assuming the camping statements made earlier are an open invite. <span style="color: #FF0000">Yes</span> Also will there be a shower available or are we doing the <span style="color: #FF0000">baby wipe showers
wink.gif
..</span>

Thank you,
Merritt </div></div> </div></div>

Wayde... You know between my time in the sandbox, 29 palms, and Thailand I have no problem making you deal with my stank
wink.gif

Breeze, will there be any open range time on sat evening, after the match is over for the day? I only ask because I would like to stretch out the new 6.5x284.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Copperdoc1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Breeze, will there be any open range time on sat evening, after the match is over for the day? I only ask because I would like to stretch out the new 6.5x284. </div></div>

No....

Are we able to come out Friday afternoon and shoot on the square range?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are we able to come out Friday afternoon and shoot on the square range? </div></div>

No

Breeze one of the guys coming down to shoot the match wanted to ask if spectators and or girlfriends are allowed to walk with a team while on the course? I told him that he was whipped and to get over it and be a man, but he still wants to know?

"One of the guys" yea we know what that means...lol

Yes spectators are welcome, but they have to sign a waver and can not leave the group once we start.
Thanks

Dang it. Sounds like a fun day. I wish I could come, but my rifle is still out getting a new barrel put on.

Baby wipe showers, HMMMM brings back memories!!

Good luck to all you lucky dogs that get to shoot the match... Hopefully this fall I can get away. might make it up Sunday for a visit. if I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Four more days and counting. Pretty freakin excited for the Sniper Challenge this weekend!! Hopefully any lightning will not be in the forecast. Bring on the rain and mud!!!

Just a heads up (Mostly for Wayde's amusement)

Triceratops3 and my rifles will hopefully be completed tomorrow for load development.. Barrels are still not put on and the dies just came in today haha.

Hopefully the thunderstorm and 27MPH gusts stay away..
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/coshocton-oh/43812/daily-weather-forecast/335036?day=5

Either way, we're excited for the match!

Hey a little rain never hurt anyone
wink.gif
On the up side at least its not going to be 95 deg and 85% humidity like last year. Whatever the weather is going to be its going to be one hell of a match and nothing is going to keep me away. See everyone on saturday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a heads up (Mostly for Wayde's amusement)
Triceratops3 and my rifles will hopefully be completed tomorrow for load development.. Barrels are still not put on and the dies just came in today haha.

Either way, we're excited for the match! </div></div>

LOL....

Brett and I are coming up late friday night and going to set up camp. I'll see you guys Sat morning. Wayde you've been saying no shooting on the range accept for competition. What time will we be complete Sunday? Do we need to plan for dinner up there Sunday night? Will there be any open range time at all on Sunday afternoon?

Thanks,
Merritt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sbfcolin2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey a little rain never hurt anyone
wink.gif
On the up side at least its not going to be 95 deg and 85% humidity like last year. Whatever the weather is going to be its going to be one hell of a match and nothing is going to keep me away. See everyone on saturday.
</div></div>

My Man! I will see you Saturday. I heard the ticks bit harder when it wet......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwroseberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Wayde you've been saying no shooting on the range accept for competition. What time will we be complete Sunday? <span style="color: #CC0000">As early as possible 12-2 ish</span> Do we need to plan for dinner up there Sunday night? <span style="color: #CC0000">I'm eating at home.</span> Will there be any open range time at all on Sunday afternoon? <span style="color: #CC0000">Yes, but you may have to wait for me to retrieve my targets. </span>

Thanks,
Merritt </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sbfcolin2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey a little rain never hurt anyone
wink.gif
</div></div>

I would take heat over thunderstorms any day...
<<<Does not like shooting in the rain. Much harder to spot impacts, pressure signs show up in brass and I generally do not like driving 3 hours with wet seats.

Hey Sean its been awhile. Looking forward to checking out that 260 of yours. See at the range.

Are you coming out friday night or early saturday? I should be there late friday night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a heads up (Mostly for Wayde's amusement)

LOL.... </div></div>

Well we got the barrels put on and got to shoot them today.. hopefully our JBM Data will get us close enough.

I can't wait for the match. Matt and I will be there Friday.

Eric and I are going to arrive real early Sat morning. See you all there looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Im also bringing my video cameras and gear and trying to film ALOT of footage this year, IF you are an actual secret agent or a wannabe and dont wished to be on video let me know at the match on Sat morning & Ill oblige your request to remain off video, otherwise everyone is fair game for You Tube match videos!
Lastly Whoever said the T word "ticks" .....this years match is a whole month earlier than last years match so I dont believe they have awoke this early in the season.
--Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triceratops3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze260</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a heads up (Mostly for Wayde's amusement)

LOL.... </div></div>

Well we got the barrels put on and got to shoot them today.. hopefully our JBM Data will get us close enough.

I can't wait for the match. Matt and I will be there Friday. </div></div>

I know the feeling! I just stuck a fresh barrel on my rifle, on a picnic table at my gunclub... looks like my old load works well. I have an appointment with the Chronograph and my partners basement (dirt) tomorrow evening...

Hopefully Strelok, JBM, Xbal and FFS Delta IV will come to some kind of consensus on dope...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sbfcolin2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Sean its been awhile. Looking forward to checking out that 260 of yours. See at the range.

Are you coming out friday night or early saturday? I should be there late friday night.
</div></div>
I am not sure yet,i was going to camp until I saw the weather, I may just get a room. It sounds like a fair amount of guys are camping, so I will probably be there Friday to camp. I am the king of wishy washy.....

The ticks are out at my house in sunburn, so I know they are out at tvp.

FYI on ticks:

The military uses a product called "Permethrin", which is applied to your CLOTHING.

I've used it at TVP. By the end of the day, I had found 5-10 DEAD ticks on or about my person. This stuff WORKS.

You can get it at outdoor sports places such as REI. You spray your clothes the night before and allow clothes to dry. It lasts through several washings. It is harmful to cats (felines).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI on ticks:

The military uses a product called "Permethrin", which is applied to your CLOTHING.

I've used it at TVP. By the end of the day, I had found 5-10 DEAD ticks on or about my person. This stuff WORKS.

You can get it at outdoor sports places such as REI. You spray your clothes the night before and allow clothes to dry. It lasts through several washings. It is harmful to cats (felines). </div></div>

Good info right there, I hope Bass Pro carries that stuff.