• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thunder Valley Precision Sniper Match April 21-22

Re: Thunder Valley Precision Sniper Match April 21-22

Breeze

Looks like a great match and perfect Marine weather!!! I hope to make it to your matches soon. It was just too close as you know to Woodys especailly with me helping.

Semper Fi

Branson

Sweet videos and pictures. Even though that was a bad one haha.

Definitely had fun!

This match was a blast. It was by all means a sniper match, and was exactly what I was expecting coming from Tom and Wayde. I had good stages and some god awful stages when it came to my shooting but thats how it goes. It was good to see everyone again and to meet new shooters that i havent met before and im looking forward to the next sniper match later on this year. Also thank you to all the RO's and sponsors that helped out and donated prizes.
See everyone at the range.

We had a blast as well! To all who have never shot a match like this one. I learned more about situational shooting in two days at this match, than I have in two years of just going to the range. I now have a very good picture of what gear and tactics are working and which ones go to the trash can. Thanks Tom, Wade, all the ROs and everybody else involved. I am hooked, and I will be back.

I had a great time! Thanks to all the ROs, the sponsors and especially Tom and Wayde. I definitely came away a better shooter. Looking forward to another trip.

This was an outstanding match. I met and shot with some great folks. Biggest learning for me is my typical range practice wasn't adequate for this. I'll be doing much more timed dot drill type stuff to better prepare for the next time.

It's a heck of a drive from the great lake state but definitely worth it!!!!!

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SND</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was an outstanding match. I met and shot with some great folks. Biggest learning for me is my typical range practice wasn't adequate for this. I'll be doing much more timed dot drill type stuff to better prepare for the next time.

It's a heck of a drive from the great lake state but definitely worth it!!!!!

Scott </div></div>

My partner and I are in the Ann Arbor area, and are avid shooters. Lets exchange contact info for carpooling/expense sharing. We go to TVP 3-4 times/year, and would like to go more.

Tom
Looked like you had a great turn out, busy gassing college kids in Kent so we had our own fun. I will make it down someday, see you at OTOA.

ST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lonmower</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any info on noob shoot available?? next weekend?? </div></div>
<span style="color: #CC0000"> Do to construction on the range there will be NO matches or Newbie shoot next weekend....Sorry for any inconvenience</span>

thanks wade,

rescheduled for later date or done for this year??

Re: Thunder Valley Precision Sniper Match April 7-8th

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any payouts for 1st-3rd?

</div></div>

This is how it was done...

1st paid cash $1000

2nd,3rd,4th,5th received the donations from the sponsors in order of value

This match sounds amazing.. does anyone know how to get ahold of Thunder Valley Precision to get some information about the training they offer and scheduling range time..I've called and sent emails and cant get a response.

Thanks,
Jeff

Try getting a hold of Breeze260 on here.

Its a great place to shoot a group of us drive a 13 hour trip one way to shoot there from Wisconsin.

damn thats commitment, I'm only 1.5 hrs away. I've been looking for a place to shoot long range for a long time. I've cut lanes in my property to get to 420 yds but anything past that where I'm at is risking a ticket from ODNR.

Thanks for info,
Jeff

how do you get a ticket from odnr? for that? do those guys ever get out of the truck?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SASSdriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do you get a ticket from odnr? for that? do those guys ever get out of the truck?</div></div>

Huh?

yea, where I live there are old strip mines that are state wildlife areas for hunting & fishing that are patrolled by state game wardens. No atvs or target shooting. I have 2 friends that both got $140 tickets for sighting their muzzleloaders in before deer season this year. I'm sure they could make an excuse for confiscating your rifle If they wanted to.

i meant on your property... if your shooting on your land, and your bullets stay on you land, ODNR cant say much..

Oh, no odnr isn't a problem on my land but I can only shoot 420 yards up hill. 15 minutes down the road I can shoot 1000+ all day but you have to worry about game wardens out there.