• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tiger Valley- Team Sniper Match- September 19 & 20

Re: Tiger Valley- Team Sniper Match- September 19

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><cough> Shaggy's got a bolt gun <cough> </div></div>

but he prolly aint shootin this one

aw shit.... there goes the neighborhood.. damn Cajuns are comin'
wink.gif

It'll be good to see yo cats again...

cheers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sfikes2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im on the M4 and dont have a partner yet.</div></div>

there is always Andrew, he can run the bolt!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badd Kharma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sfikes2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im on the M4 and dont have a partner yet.</div></div>

there is always Andrew, he can run the bolt! </div></div>

I'm not running this one. I'll be there as a sponsor, but I don't feel like shooting it.

Me and Chris are in. Last fall was outstanding. TJ and crew really know how to run a great match.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7JRsyTzbdJw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7JRsyTzbdJw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Awesome video.

If I'm not in CA that weekend I will bring some Data Books for the prize table and get to meet some of you whom I haven't met yet. If I cant make it, I will send the books! mark

Just a FYI. I have a $300 credit to Tiger Valley that I need to sell. Basicly a spot in this match. I'll get rid of it for $280 OBO. We are still going to this match this credit is from the 4 Man match. Email me and if this is against rules I apologize.

Re: Tiger Valley- Team Sniper Match- September 19 & 20

There may be a new twist to this years match. I have 3000 acres just minutes from the range that I have access to. I am thinking of a seven stage deployment. Your are given a start time and told where to be. Once you get to the location you will be followed by an RO on a 4-wheeler. Eight minutes after you start another team starts behind you. If they catch you, they get your points that you have scored and you zero for the stage. It will be a bugger to set up but fun to run. We will stagger the other stages at Tiger Valley while some are running off location. I am in the final stages of setting this up, should be fun to run

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.J. PILLING</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Eight minutes after you start another team starts behind you. If they catch you, they get your points that you have scored and you zero for the stage. </div></div>

That would be so much fun. Don't let me down!

man i wish i could get into shooting something like this! sounds like a blast!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man i wish i could get into shooting something like this! sounds like a blast! </div></div>

So do it!

No one is gonna give you shit for being a beginner as long as you are safe. Everyone has to start somewhere, and TJ puts on a great match to get your feet wet.

If you can't shoot it, I would at least come out & watch it, pick people's brains, ask questions... have fun. It will give you an even better idea of what it takes to shoot these types of matches... and it will give you an unscratchable itch...

Hey, if you need a partner, we have several guys along the way that come up short and we can hook you up with them. If your precision shooting isn't what it needs to be yet, shoot the AR. Targets for it will be from contact to 400 yards. No other group is as good about helping others then the precision rifle group. You can learn a ton just from competing.

Sounds like a blast, cant wait to shoot it. Hopefully it wont be 105 this time!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man i wish i could get into shooting something like this! sounds like a blast! </div></div>

So do it!

No one is gonna give you shit for being a beginner as long as you are safe. Everyone has to start somewhere, and TJ puts on a great match to get your feet wet.

If you can't shoot it, I would at least come out & watch it, pick people's brains, ask questions... have fun. It will give you an even better idea of what it takes to shoot these types of matches... and it will give you an unscratchable itch...

</div></div>

I 100% concur with Wil, I started shooting matches over 3 1/2 years ago and it is still a blast to compete against yourself and trying to do better than the time before

I need a bolt gunner for this match. My partner for this match has backed out. If anyone would like to discuss it please pm or e-mail me. thanks

Just wanted to say thanks publicly to the guys who PM'ed and emailed me. Support here is first class.

I dunno if i'll be able to shoot this one because of some prior obligations but I'm going to try and at least come down and watch.

thanks again and we'll be seeing ya'll soon.

TJ, do it!
Make it different. Keeps it challenging for even those who shoot lots of matches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badd Kharma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">be careful casey, tj can be quite evil </div></div>
Yes he can!
laugh.gif
(But good!)

I know he can be crafty; I'm still sore from bug out drill 2008, but he is too since he nearly broke his leg cowboying his ATV.

If anyone needs a spotter for this match shoot me a PM. I have a buddy that may be looking to get in on this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need one...

Oh wait.... LMAO ... love ya BK</div></div>

STFU you african american nfl quaterback

Did Wil get shot by his 20 yoa gf?

Every time I try to go to the info page for this match my computer says entering the site may infect my computer with malware? Is there still space for another team? How do we register?

We still have space in the match and you can send a check to the business office at 6309 Scottsboro lane Garland Texas 75044. I will have the web site looked at, thanks T.J.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.J. PILLING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There may be a new twist to this years match. I have 3000 acres just minutes from the range that I have access to. I am thinking of a seven stage deployment. Your are given a start time and told where to be. Once you get to the location you will be followed by an RO on a 4-wheeler. Eight minutes after you start another team starts behind you. If they catch you, they get your points that you have scored and you zero for the stage. It will be a bugger to set up but fun to run. We will stagger the other stages at Tiger Valley while some are running off location. I am in the final stages of setting this up, should be fun to run </div></div>
Man that sounds great T.J. ! How far do you think the distance will be? I run now but I will need to start running with my gear.

Looking for a boltgunner for the 2-man. Any one interested pm me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.J. PILLING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There may be a new twist to this years match. I have 3000 acres just minutes from the range that I have access to. I am thinking of a seven stage deployment. Your are given a start time and told where to be. Once you get to the location you will be followed by an RO on a 4-wheeler. Eight minutes after you start another team starts behind you. If they catch you, they get your points that you have scored and you zero for the stage. It will be a bugger to set up but fun to run. We will stagger the other stages at Tiger Valley while some are running off location. I am in the final stages of setting this up, should be fun to run </div></div>
Man that sounds great T.J. ! How far do you think the distance will be? I run now but I will need to start running with my gear. </div></div>

Tango, your in better shape than all of us... rest up on the couch, you need to take it easy and eat lots of chocolate milk shakes, and cheese fries.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.J. PILLING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There may be a new twist to this years match. I have 3000 acres just minutes from the range that I have access to. I am thinking of a seven stage deployment. Your are given a start time and told where to be. Once you get to the location you will be followed by an RO on a 4-wheeler. Eight minutes after you start another team starts behind you. If they catch you, they get your points that you have scored and you zero for the stage. It will be a bugger to set up but fun to run. We will stagger the other stages at Tiger Valley while some are running off location. I am in the final stages of setting this up, should be fun to run </div></div>
Man that sounds great T.J. ! How far do you think the distance will be? I run now but I will need to start running with my gear. </div></div>

Tango, your in better shape than all of us... rest up on the couch, you need to take it easy and eat lots of chocolate milk shakes, and cheese fries. </div></div>
I doubt that. Mussman has been rocking the kettle bells. Kicking some butt.

This match will be the first one of any kind that Sleeper and I have participated in. Do you have any advice on what type of weapons, optics, and gear we should bring. How much ammo will we need? What type of shots will the sniper be taking and what type of shots will the spotter be taking? Please let me know what you think so that we can practice and show up with the right guns and gear! Thanks again

youtube "tiger valley team match" that will get a visual pointer.

other than that bring the best/reliable weapons, ammo and optics you can muster. Sometimes just having equipment that doesn't have "issues" will get you along way.

Practice with your spotter (AR-15 gunner) and shoot 200 rounds in one day from targets as cose as 10 yds to 500yds. And bolt rifle man shoot from 50-1000yds (150rounds). Have a solid 100,200,300,400,500,600, and 1000 yard zero. Prepare ballistics cards for each weapon in 50 yard increments 10mph wind and 2mph target speed (mover) JBM ballistics can help you there.
Make sure your pistol shoots good enough to hit 10" steel out to 50yds, more mags (mag capacity the better) shoot out to 100yds with pistol on man-size paper just in case you need to.

Work on accuracy first, speed will come with more practice, many of the stages are timed so hits/time = score. Be smooth but fast and always think ahead. know what/how your going to shoot the course of fire before you go. Try and be last on every stage to watch how you can improve on others mistakes,or see how some of the really good shooters shave off seconds and get hits from different positions. Walk through the stages simulating your strategies while you help reset steel paste the targets.

Remember to have fun along the way, and welcome to the best time you can have shooting.

Thanks Rich,
What type of optics do most spotters use on their ARs? Do they switch optics or guns for different stages, like use a red dot up close and a high powered scope for longer ranges? Can you modify your equipment for each stage or do you have to stick with the same gear for the entire match? In a stage can you chose what weapon you want to use, like say you have a 30 yard target, could you shoot it with your AR or your pistol? Thanks again for the great information and advice.
--Lucks

I run a 2-10 nightforce with a MOA reticle with a trijicon red dot on top for shots within 50. The MOA reticle works very well with my partners bolt gun. He runs a MOA nightforce as well so it makes spotting his shots and calling out corrections very easy. Working well with your partner is big. Rich pretty much covered the rest. Run in your gear, shoot in your gear. Make sure it all works an doesn't bind up.

Yes, Rich and Tango nailed it. You can not switch guns- big no no. You each run 1 gun for the entire match. Some use a big scope and red dot on top or side mounted. I'll be running the AR this time with a Burris XTR 1-4.

I'll add this. Learn to shoot with a elevated heart rate. Do a 50 yard sprint then drop load weapon and shoot, unload, another 50 yard sprint, draw pistol shoot, holster ect. Repeat till you vomit. Don't be afraid to train when it's hot, be safe, drink water. This isn't BUDS but TJ loves to make us run. Be prepared. Overtrain

Run 'til I puke...got it! Thanks for the great advice. I will be the spotter on our team. My AR is a standard M4 with a 16" barrel and a 4x ACOG scope on it and my pistol is an Springfield XD 9MM with iron sights. Do you think I could just use those guns for the competition or do I need to find a different rig? How do misses work in the scoring? Do you shoot until you hit the target or do you get a limited number of shots? If you use a low powered scope on your AR can you bring binoculars with you for spotting longer range? Thanks for all the help, look forward to meeting y'all!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My AR is a standard M4 with a 16" barrel and a 4x ACOG scope on it and my pistol is an Springfield XD 9MM with iron sights. Do you think I could just use those guns for the competition or do I need to find a different rig? </div></div>

That is a good set-up to start with. As was posted before, make sure your equipment works and you know how to work it under pressure. Keep in mind that it will be your first time and you will learn a lot just by watching what other teams are using or running. Also make sure and ask questions. I am sure the shooters will help you out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you use a low powered scope on your AR can you bring binoculars with you for spotting longer range? </div></div>

Tv25.JPG

I guess it's true, a picture is worth a thousand words!:) That pretty much answers that question! Thank you so much for your help!