• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tiger Valley- Team Sniper Match- September 19 & 20

Re: Tiger Valley- Team Sniper Match- September 19 & 20

I so wish I lived in Texas you guys live in the Mecca of shooting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Run 'til I puke...got it! Thanks for the great advice. I will be the spotter on our team. My AR is a standard M4 with a 16" barrel and a 4x ACOG scope on it and my pistol is an <span style="color: #FF0000">Springfield XD 9MM with iron sights.</span> Do you think I could just use those guns for the competition or do I need to find a different rig? How do misses work in the scoring? Do you shoot until you hit the target or do you get a limited number of shots? If you use a low powered scope on your AR can you bring binoculars with you for spotting longer range? Thanks for all the help, look forward to meeting y'all! </div></div>

Forget the 9mm, you won't knock the pepper poppers down, ask me how I know.

Still echoing in my head: TJs voice "What the hell are you shooting? a .32?"

I was there, I saw it, and it was not pretty! Get a .40cal or more, or be forever heckled! Your good to go with an M4 and ACOG…

Thanks for the warning. I was sure hoping to shoot my 9mm...just stocked up on ammo and I like the way that pistol shoots.
I'm concerned enough about being able to hit the targets...I sure would hate to actually hit one and not have it fall over!
Thanks for the help...don't worry, I'm sure I'll give the hecklers plenty to comment on!

Every match at Tiger Valley is a learning lesson to build your skills for the next one. The great thing about being on the Hide is other members willing to share what they learned the hard way.

Maybe TJ will adjust his targets or allow audible hits to count. A 9mm should work since its the GI rd and we're GI pretenders. Whether he adjusts the targets I'm shooting a 9mm w 124JHP @ 1200fps hoping it works. Those targets were indeed heavy last year; I hit em with 40's and they kinda hesitated to tip even then. Us 9 guys will just hit em high!

Re: Tiger Valley- Team Sniper Match- September 19

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe TJ will adjust his targets or allow audible hits to count. </div></div>

Audible hits counted in the two team matches I shot in last year at Tiger Valley. 9mm will work fine.

rick and tman
Thanks for the warning. I think I'll go along with Casey and shoot my 9mm. If the hits count then I'll just take the heckling if the target doesn't fall. Heckling from all my misses is a much more likely scenario.

Yes, a hit without knocking it over counts as a hit, at least in the past. I shoot a G35 in 40 S&W, and hit a few that didn't fall. If you hit it near the base where it's hindged, it's hard to knock over the tall steel targets with any handgun. Just be able to hit a 4"-5" wide and about 1 foot tall steel from about 30-40 yards. There will T-shirts dressed over these targets, so you have to hit the metal for it to count.

Still looking for a boltgunner to partner with, Going to be a lot of fun. Anybody interested?

Here are some pics of the details of the last fall shoot. Not the coolest pics but look at whats going on. Maybe it will help someone.

In this pics we are about to put the dummy in the chopper. My weapon is slung still and all my gear is on. My partner is setting his down and then assist me in lifting this guy in the chopper.
0920_1612.jpg

This one is different. Even though I can see my targets my bullets are hitting the baricade in front of me so I have to prop up my gun and shoot over to get my hits. I could see I had no hits is how I knew to adjust.
0920_1772.jpg

Here is one of the barricade I was nailing.
0920_1783.jpg

Here is one while unloading. You have to unload and show clear with your rifle before you can move to the next shooting bay. Pistol can stay loaded but rifle must be cleared. Mag out chamber empty. Standard for most matches.
0920_1824.jpg

Here is two reloading. Not the best form I know but it worked.
0920_1874.jpg

0920_1902.jpg

Here is one of a guy running a ACOG.
0921_1036.jpg

Here is one doing the cooper tunnel. Knock one of the sticks off and its a time penalty. I had to crawl back and forth 3 times I think.
0920_1502.jpg

Here is one shooting under the baricade. Some guys opted for their pistols. I knew I could get low enough so I used my rifle.

0920_0667.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triton19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still looking for a boltgunner to partner with, Going to be a lot of fun. Anybody interested? </div></div>
You still looking?

$hit! My carbine operator is stuck over seas and can't make this match. I have two tickets for the match and a double bed motel room booked in Waco. Any one looking for a bolt gun operator for this match?

Drop me a line,

Tman

I've been asked by many different guys looking for partners. So, if anyone is looking for a partner, post it here so you can be contacted. Don't miss out on this match!

Chad

I also posted in the home town section over on AR15.com.....

How you doing Chad? Who you shooting with this year? CKA?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How you doing Chad? Who you shooting with this year? CKA? </div></div>
Hey Todd! Doing alright. Need more time for loading, though!
Yes, Jay took me back!!
grin.gif
I'm running the gas gun, and he's running either his 260 bolt or his AR-10 308. If I get my new AR-15 (M4) in time, I'll shoot it. Waiting on a custom rig with a 1:8 twist. Otherwise I'll shoot my current M4. I look forward to hanging out with you again.

Chad

tman, I may need a partner. I'm not sure if my guy is still in. I'll let you know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe this isn't full yet. Awesome match with awesome prize table. </div></div>
Me too, and yes it is!!!

Does anyone need a spotter for this match? If so shoot me a PM as I have a friend that would be interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone need a spotter for this match? If so shoot me a PM as I have a friend that would be interested. </div></div>
This spotter Puff is talking about is a 3 gun guy, and runs an AR very well.

Guys, I have been boxing up alot of cool stuff for my spot (<span style="font-weight: bold">Atwell Tactical</span>) on the prize table for yall. I dont want to spoil the details, but here is a teaser list..

AR complete lower halves,
AR lower parts kits (yes, made of 100% unobtanium
smile.gif
),
M4 stocks,
Steel targets,
Silencers,
Silencer vouchers,
A bunch of gift cards,
and stuff that everyone gets as long as you show up.

Also, I am bringing some machine guns for people to fun-fire after the match for $5, BYO ammo. I think thats fair. Or you can burn through my ammo, pre-linked or mag'd for $1 a round.
Here is a partial list.

Browning 1919 .308
Lakeside LM7 (reduced rate 25cent per round linked)
AK-47 7.62x39
M16 commando, 5.56
UZI nine millametah
STEN 9mm

If you think that might interest you, and need ammo, please let me know so I know about how many ammo cans to bring.

Maybe if we ask TJ real nicely he will let me set up the Browning on the helo, door gunner style
smile.gif

your photographer could make some decent change if he took pics of all the persons/ squads and posted a link of them for sale. A good picture doesn't always capture how poorly you shoot the match, so it can be a trophy in of itself.

Hey guys, I am new to this sight. I have been talking to Tman300wm about being his partner but he already has one. I am waiting to find out when I will be leaving for HALO school, but I am praying to tha Spartan Gods that they will let me take part in this kick ass two days.

Welcome Deltanate! Post what you are looking for (gas gunner or precision guy) and see who you can partner up with. Lots of people still looking, and this is a great match!

We that dosent really matter to me. I am a sniper in the army with 6 years behind the gun. Right now I dont have a bolt gun. I am trying to build one but my OCD kicks in and I never can decide what I want to do. Todd just emailed me about a partner and we will see what comes from that.

Nate,

Welcome to "The Hide"! Hope it works out that you can shoot the TV match with us. I'll let folks know that you are looking for a partner.

All the best,

Tman

I have this whole thing figured out guys! I'm going to pair with Nate, he is going to run the bolt and gas guns simultaneously. I'll keep the spotting scope, rifles, and ammo in my Spaulding golf bag, and he can just defer to my considerable expertise for which rifle selection best suits the course of fire. I'll be a like friggn' sniper caddy....

Just joking! I have a partner so at least I got that going for me, which is good.....

Hey Todd that sounds like a plan. Maybe we could even get a cart for it too. As long as one of use has our foot on the ground as we are moving we should be fine. Right? T.J maybe you could let use know. J/K

Nate,

Way to stir up a major shit storm! Last year there was some big hate being sent at Tiger Valley because some guys wanted to drive golf carts between the stages. Holly shit!

LOL!

Hand grenades, sniper golf man this keeps getting better and better. Maybe I should see about maybe getting some flash bangs or something. Sorry Todd didnt know I would do that. I retract the golf cart idea.

some one post the pictures of the sun umbrella please......most totally tactical........

Bolt,

Ease up on my parasol, I gots fair skin. As well I find it easier to nap between stages in the shade. Behave or I'll police my brass.

Ok Todd I have an update for you. I got the ok from the banker for the match. Next I will be to see when I get my HALO school. I should be finding out in the next week or two. In the words of Hannibal " I love when a plan comes together."

Nate,

That's good news. Hope you can make this match! I'll keep searching for a gunner for you.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badd Kharma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tango you must have tons of pictures of yourself </div></div>
I have around 1500 pics from the last match. At least half of them are of my team. My buddy wanted to go see this match last year and he took some awesome pics. I don't think he is going this year. We you in my squad? I can look and see if I have any of you.

TJ....can we shoot the dove, they will be in season, and i get hungry during the match.......please advise.