• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Update, takedown 22 as noted when I asked works fine, there is enough clearance with the longer thread that it does not contact the first baffle, though it’s got to be damn close!

Stupid quiet, and accuracy is fine.
C933BE27-DA24-486B-8154-9B9437EA7ED2.jpeg

Any ideas on how to get better balance? I have a T1x in a KRG bravo and it's super rear heavy, the balance point right at the mag.

I have the stock T1X with a 16”barrel I’d like to put it in the Oryx Sportsman Chassis, after contacting manufacturers i figure that I’ll have about 11/2” of barrel sticking out past the chassis, was wondering if anyone has the same setup if they would post a picture of it. I took a muzzle break off my grandson’s BuckMark just trying to make it longer, unfortunately my groups opened up

I have the stock T1X with a 16”barrel I’d like to put it in the Oryx Sportsman Chassis, after contacting manufacturers i figure that I’ll have about 11/2” of barrel sticking out past the chassis, was wondering if anyone has the same setup if they would post a picture of it. I took a muzzle break off my grandson’s BuckMark just trying to make it longer, unfortunately my groups opened up
What are you worried about with the 1.5"?

The 20in barrel on my T1x sticks out about 5.25 inches from the end of the Oryx chassis.

anyone know if there are any arca rails that mount to the factory stock preferably with (but w/o is okay too) a beavertail forend that dont require any additional holes to be drilled?

I know mountain tactical has the 9" one that should work okay, im wondering if any of the longer 10 or 12" Area 419 ones will install without any more holes needing to be drilled.

Last edited:
anyone know if there are any arca rails that mount to the factory stock preferably with (but w/o is okay too) a beavertail forend that dont require any additional holes to be drilled?

I know mountain tactical has the 9" one that should work okay, im wondering if any of the longer 10 or 12" Area 419 ones will install without any more holes needing to be drilled.
The Area 419 weighted rail will mount without any additional holes being drilled. It is 14.25 inches long so it will stick out past the end of the forend a few inches. It attaches easiest directly onto the factory stock without the beavertail forend, although you will have to find an extra rear action screw (the longer one) as the front action screw will now be too short). A couple small washers or a spacer then is needed to get the action screw to the proper depth. Then the front of the rail will attach using the sling stud mounting hole and one of the small bolts that comes with the rail.

KeWvDi5l.jpg

Last edited:
@Buckhead Thank you for the reply. Do you use the middle screw in the stock at all? The one between the action screw and the sling stud.

Bore guide suggestions,seems like everything is out of stock?
I got one here:

@Buckhead Thank you for the reply. Do you use the middle screw in the stock at all? The one between the action screw and the sling stud.
I didn't use the middle screw at all. One would have to drill a hole in the ARCA rail and I didn't want to do that.
It seems to be solid like it is. I have the action screw torqued to 30 in/lbs and the sling stud screw at 20 in/lbs.

Last edited:
I didn't use the middle screw at all. One would have to drill a hole in the ARCA rail and I didn't want to do that.
It seems to be solid like it is. I have the action screw torqued to 30 in/lbs and the sling stud screw at 20 in/lbs.
okay thanks for all the info. so you just take a regular length rear action/receiver bolt and used some washers? any specific washers or spacer height i should go for?

okay thanks for all the info. so you just take a regular length rear action/receiver bolt and used some washers? any specific washers or spacer height i should go for?
One needs to space it out far enough that it doesn't bottom out in the action but not so far that the head of the bolt sticks past the surface of the ARCA rail, then it will interfere with sliding the barricade stop on and off. Sorry, I don't take measurements for small projects like this, I just modify as I go and when it fits, it fits. I just pulled it apart and got the measurements. I just used a small piece of some stainless tubing I had kicking around, .382 OD and .295 ID. .179 thickness.

Last edited:
Reactions: OwO
T1x purchased in August 2021. Threw a spare USO 5-25x58 on it to get going. Came across a gently used Kahles 318i here on the Hide. Seemed more fitting for an inside 200 critter getter. Mounted this afternoon with a rough 100 yard zero that I’ll fine tune when the wind backs off (was 30+ today).
392E7EAF-BD17-4AC5-82AE-399DDF6D03D6.jpeg
A463103A-8627-4F03-A17C-541E4E8FBAC1.jpeg

Does anyone know if a T1x KRG Bravo stock with take a T3 without modification?

I know you can't go T3 to T1 due to T1 magazine setup it never seen anything about going T1 to T3.

I know you can't go T3 to T1 due to T1 magazine setup it never seen anything about going T1 to T3.
It will drop in - ETA - There won't be a mag catch for the AICS Magazine, however so not advised.

@cannoncrossfire set me straight, so I edited this post

Last edited:

I modified my T3 bravo to take a T1x and can still use it on a T3 or T1x if I want to. The T1x bravo has no magazine lever, so how would that work when you put a T3 in it?
images.jpeg-16.jpg

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
I modified my T3 bravo to take a T1x and can still use it on a T3 or T1x if I want to. The T1x bravo has no magazine lever, so how would that work when you put a T3 in it? View attachment 7857534
I didn't think about lack of mag catch that'd certainly be a problem....

Do you have any pictures of the mods you did to get it to work with both T3 and T1?
Some post suggest it's just a little bit of relief required, others show much much more work involved.

Do you have any pictures of the mods you did to get it to work with both T3 and T1?
Some post suggest it's just a little bit of relief required, others show much much more work involved.
5th time posting the mods in this T1x thread lol.

I finally got around to modifying my T3 KRG Bravo to suit the T1x.
Pictures should explain it, but it involved a short head cap screw for the magazine well, drilling/counterboring 2x holes in the top of the Chassis to suit M3 screws (will probably change them to hex drive pan head - zinc philips were all I had on hand).
Drill and Tap M3 into the trigger guard due to the existing screw no longer being used.
Remove/Drill/Mill/File material to allow for Plastic Tab on Magazine and Cap screw.
I've checked it all assembled and can still use the T1x magazine with the AICS mag lever in place. The bottom rear of the magazine presses against it, but it means I can swap a T3/T3x and T1x in the one stock. I did make the Thru-holes a little bigger so the 2x M3 screws can slide a little back and forth to get the right tension when using AICS magazines still (original screw did the same).
Next up will be a Sterk handle and shroud ;)

View attachment 7083527View attachment 7083529View attachment 7083530View attachment 7083531

Reactions: viking78

IMG_6189.JPG

CTR Stock / Bottom Metal Modified for T1X Magwell Attaching Bolt

IMG_6188.JPG

IMG_6187.JPG

IMG_6191.JPG

CTR Bottom Metal Modified for KRG Midas Trigger

IMG_6190.JPG

CTR Bottom Metal Modified for KRG Midas Trigger

I would like to get my T1x barreled action cerakoted.
Could this be done successfully without removing the barrel from the action ?

I would like to get my T1x barreled action cerakoted.
Could this be done successfully without removing the barrel from the action ?
LRI coated my t1x. Very happy with the outcome.

CaptNemo , you have the keg trigger on your t1x ? How do you like it , how low will 1st and 2nd stage adjust ?

Has anyone seen a 16" T1x in stock anywhere recently? Seems they have disappeared of the face of the earth!

I have an ARCA from JP rifles that has slots running all the way that mounts to the existing holes on the factory stock.

Has anyone tried the mk machining +4 t1x 'magazine extensions'?

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
I use them with the spacer as a 12 rounder. They work fine and are a good "fix" for the random factory mag that will only hold 9 rounds.

Reactions: Buckhead
I use them with the spacer as a 12 rounder. They work fine and are a good "fix" for the random factory mag that will only hold 9 rounds.
Interesting, not sure if it's worth spending almost $45 CAD each to get 2 extra rounds...

Does it look cool though? :D

Thoughts?
I have one and it’s ok for what it is. Twice during matches I’ve had it come apart and have to go to a backup mag I keep in my pocket. It functions fine and I still use it on stages that would require a mag change but you need to be careful to not put any side pressure on it as the friction fit is just meh.
I was planning on upgrading all of my mags if they worked great but I have no plans to do that now.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
New chassis option from Grey Birch. Got mine this week, range trip soon.

Attachments

• 57EF447B-EC61-44F3-857F-81B06BD9F29C.jpeg
    57EF447B-EC61-44F3-857F-81B06BD9F29C.jpeg
    712.8 KB · Views: 562
  • 66D8F5C0-D055-42A9-BAF7-5ADA493D9E99.jpeg
    66D8F5C0-D055-42A9-BAF7-5ADA493D9E99.jpeg
    686.1 KB · Views: 573