• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Anyone using a TBAC takedown 22 on their t1x factory barrel threads? Any problems with thread length? Got one in jail for my 17

I have two T1X rifles, 17&22.
I took them out of them factory stocks and into Boyd’s stocks. They are heavy but accurate..

Has anyone had really good accuracy with the factory stocks? Would adding pillar bedding in them help?

I recently got a Bergara BMR and like how light it is. Not trying to get it that light but.

Yes. Threads on and off without issue. Zero issues.
Another 22TD owner with T1X. I've had zero issues with the combination. I will say the Tikka threads seem to be a bit longer than standard. My pistols have shorter threaded section. So the suppressor threads need to be cleaned before it will easily thread back into the T1X.

Thunderbeast recommends muzzle to shoulder length of 0.400".
Found that. Reason I ask is seems like guys are running them no problem. I just measured my threads and looks like they are around .48-.49” long. Which creates another problem for possibly using a .2” spacer and then being the other way.

Maybe it’s worth getting .1” chopped off the end. I don’t know maybe @TBACRAY can tell us the space to the first baffle. I know the spec, unfortunately if I don’t have to take my rifle to a smith halfway across the state I’d like to avoid it.

Reactions: LeftyJason
I have two T1X rifles, 17&22.
I took them out of them factory stocks and into Boyd’s stocks. They are heavy but accurate..

Has anyone had really good accuracy with the factory stocks? Would adding pillar bedding in them help?

I recently got a Bergara BMR and like how light it is. Not trying to get it that light but.
You can get really good accuracy with the factory stock, but, it takes lots of messing around with that barrel wedge (in or out) and action screw torque values. For what it is worth I also put in a titanium recoil lug and that seemed to perk it up a bit, it fits tighter in the action slot.

I have pillar bedded T3's in the factory stock before and there was no noticeable increase in accuracy that I could determine.

Last edited:
Reactions: BKSSNIPER
A few weeks ago I had the misfortune of breaking my wrist, so I figured I'd use the downtime to work on my T1x. I'm starting from scratch and would appreciate input on the build. Below is what I have figured out and want to verify the ring height and if I need an additional adapter for the bipod to connect with the rail:

MDT LSS GEN2 Chassis - Black
MDT MDT SCS-LITE - Skeleton Carbine Stock Lite
MDT Vertical Grip Elite
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 5-25x56 MOA First Focal Plane Riflescopes
American Rifle Company M-BRACE Scope Rings 34mm | 24mm-0.94in Low
MDT Arca-Swiss M-LOK Rail Adapter - 7"
Tikka T1X Threaded Adjustable Bolt Handle Upgrade - Dragon Scale Titanium
Tikka T1x Extended Mag Release
Area 419 Tikka T1X Improved Scope Rail 30 MOA
Yodave Tikka T3, T3X and T1X spring
Atlas Bipod BT46-LW17 PSR: Standard height with ADM 170-S Lever

Reactions: godofthunder
A few weeks ago I had the misfortune of breaking my wrist, so I figured I'd use the downtime to work on my T1x. I'm starting from scratch and would appreciate input on the build. Below is what I have figured out and want to verify the ring height and if I need an additional adapter for the bipod to connect with the rail:

MDT LSS GEN2 Chassis - Black
MDT MDT SCS-LITE - Skeleton Carbine Stock Lite
MDT Vertical Grip Elite
Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 5-25x56 MOA First Focal Plane Riflescopes
American Rifle Company M-BRACE Scope Rings 34mm | 24mm-0.94in Low
MDT Arca-Swiss M-LOK Rail Adapter - 7"
Tikka T1X Threaded Adjustable Bolt Handle Upgrade - Dragon Scale Titanium
Tikka T1x Extended Mag Release
Area 419 Tikka T1X Improved Scope Rail 30 MOA
Yodave Tikka T3, T3X and T1X spring
Atlas Bipod BT46-LW17 PSR: Standard height with ADM 170-S Lever
Not sure about the spacer, but I have a very similar setup, except an ACC and a Cyke pod. Very happy with it. I just put an IBI barrel on. It tightened up my SK S+ groups quite a bit. Will try better ammo when it’s warmer.

Reactions: Halen
Not sure about the spacer, but I have a very similar setup, except an ACC and a Cyke pod. Very happy with it. I just put an IBI barrel on. It tightened up my SK S+ groups quite a bit. Will try better ammo when it’s warmer.

Cool. Which IBI barrel did you go with?

Found that. Reason I ask is seems like guys are running them no problem. I just measured my threads and looks like they are around .48-.49” long. Which creates another problem for possibly using a .2” spacer and then being the other way.

Maybe it’s worth getting .1” chopped off the end. I don’t know maybe @TBACRAY can tell us the space to the first baffle. I know the spec, unfortunately if I don’t have to take my rifle to a smith halfway across the state I’d like to avoid it.
Owning a T1X, I sure wouldn't get the barrel cut for such a small amount. My Tikka measures same as yours, .490. With .503 to first baffle of the TD. They are close, but no sign at all the barrel touches the baffle.

Owning a T1X, I sure wouldn't get the barrel cut for such a small amount. My Tikka measures same as yours, .490. With .503 to first baffle of the TD. They are close, but no sign at all the barrel touches the baffle.
Thanks for the info. Accuracy good? Part of me thinks that I should just cut it down to 16”, properly thread it and do it the right way. Gives me an excuse to drive back out to LRI and shoot prairie dogs. That said I also have a Griffin optimus micro that works well on the rifle, I just don’t like playing musical cans and that one lives on my 223 varmint gun.

BUYER BEWARE...T1X magazine from Euro Optics... I ordered a magazine from Euro Optics a few days ago based on the talk about new shorter base magazines available. The picture on Euro Optics website shows the shorter mag and I was assured it was as pictured but I received the mag today and it is the same old shark fin style. Doesn't sound like Euro Optics is going to do anything for me, other than charge me $15 to return it. I will update when I get this all settled with them.

Anyone heard when production with tikka will pick up?
Wish I knew. Trying to get my hands on a T1x in 17hmr. "bought" one the other day because I got an in-stock notification from 3 different notify lists with in a few minutes of each other. Turns out it was just a glitch and not actually in stock. Was super excited too because I had just signed up for notifications the day before :LOL:

BUYER BEWARE...T1X magazine from Euro Optics... I ordered a magazine from Euro Optics a few days ago based on the talk about new shorter base magazines available. The picture on Euro Optics website shows the shorter mag and I was assured it was as pictured but I received the mag today and it is the same old shark fin style. Doesn't sound like Euro Optics is going to do anything for me, other than charge me $15 to return it. I will update when I get this all settled with them.
20220113_071415.jpg
20220113_071434.jpg

havent heard of a 'shorter base' new magazine for tikka, went on the t1x mtr page and their photo does seem like the mag sits more flush, but the beretta accessories page only shows 1 t1x 22 mag for sale as well.

Got a product link for the newer one or anything like that? Im curious now.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
I looked for a product description to verify but found nothing concrete, so I called and was told the mag would be the same as pictured. I did my best to verify what I was ordering. I have a 22lr and 17hmr so I know the difference. EVERY picture you see now of T1X 22lr shows a shorter mag. I thought, with all the complaints about the shark fin mag, that maybe Tikka had made a change in mag design. Seems a change would be easy enough. I am sure that I am not the only one that would like a shorter base mag.

I looked for a product description to verify but found nothing concrete, so I called and was told the mag would be the same as pictured. I did my best to verify what I was ordering. I have a 22lr and 17hmr so I know the difference. EVERY picture you see now of T1X 22lr shows a shorter mag. I thought, with all the complaints about the shark fin mag, that maybe Tikka had made a change in mag design. Seems a change would be easy enough. I am sure that I am not the only one that would like a shorter base mag.
You may have better luck reaching out to the eurooptic rep on snipershide. I have a feeling whoever told you that you were getting a shorter mag made a mistake.

Thanks Alek. I will look into it. How do I get in touch with ero optics rep on the hide? Is there a vendor list?

Last edited:
I am looking to make a few upgrades to my T1x. Currently it is straight out of the box stock with a Area419 30 MOA scope rail. The main uses for this rifle with be for the whole family to go plinking with. The 2 ranges we go to have dedicated 22lr areas that go out to 100yds. My 12yo son and I will use it out to 400yds and it will be used introduce my 7yo daughter to proper firearms handling and shooting fundamentals.

First, I am currently looking at dropping it into a KRG Bravo stock and adding the toolless adjustable LOP to easily go between my daughter and me. I'm curious to know of other chassis/stock options.

Second, I have been tossing several different scopes on it and I want to get a dedicated scope for it. I've had several scopes on it ranging from an old Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 to a NF 7-35x56. I am looking at the Bushnell Match Pro but I'd like the get some input on other options.

Thanks,

T
Another way to add adjustable length of pull to the T1x Bravo is to swap the buttstock for the X-Ray buttstock with adjustable LOP kit. The X-Ray buttstock, grips and X-Ray tool-less LOP kit only cost $20 more than the Bravo tool-less LOP kit.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
\
I am looking to make a few upgrades to my T1x. Currently it is straight out of the box stock with a Area419 30 MOA scope rail. The main uses for this rifle with be for the whole family to go plinking with. The 2 ranges we go to have dedicated 22lr areas that go out to 100yds. My 12yo son and I will use it out to 400yds and it will be used introduce my 7yo daughter to proper firearms handling and shooting fundamentals.

First, I am currently looking at dropping it into a KRG Bravo stock and adding the toolless adjustable LOP to easily go between my daughter and me. I'm curious to know of other chassis/stock options.

Second, I have been tossing several different scopes on it and I want to get a dedicated scope for it. I've had several scopes on it ranging from an old Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 to a NF 7-35x56. I am looking at the Bushnell Match Pro but I'd like the get some input on other options.

Thanks,

T
You could also try an MDT Oryx (LOP adjustment is not tool-less out of the box but Ive seen others add aftermarket parts that do so) if you're shooting as a bench rifle it is a great option.

In the 400 yard option, I would recommend an athlon cronus.

Thanks,

T
Update: Got the KRG Bravo in and installed. Now I just need to decide on an optic. Trying my hardest not to get an S&B for a different rifle and putting the Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 on the Tikka.

T

Update: Got the KRG Bravo in and installed. Now I just need to decide on an optic. Trying my hardest not to get an S&B for a different rifle and putting the Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 on the Tikka.

T
I run the vortex viper pst gen 2 on mine, for the money it made sense (I already had it, lol), it seems to be pretty much a perfect scope for 22

I am looking to buy a T1x in the future to have a 22 that I can throw in my Tikka ACC and German Gun Stocks. Any suggestions on what ammo to stock up on for getting my grandson used to a bolt gun out to 150 yards or so? CCI standard?

I am looking to buy a T1x in the future to have a 22 that I can throw in my Tikka ACC and German Gun Stocks. Any suggestions on what ammo to stock up on for getting my grandson used to a bolt gun out to 150 yards or so? CCI standard?
CCI SV works well in Mine for Mid Priced ammo.
The SK Rifle March and Long Range Match ammo is more accurate in my gun at a significantly higher cost and limited availability.
Be aware that the attaching screw for the magazine chute will interfere with a stock with a T3 / T3x inlet at the bridge between the trigger pocket and the magazine well.
It's a pretty easy milling cut to gain enough clearance to make it fit.
I did this with my old CTR bottom metal and the T1X Barreled Action lived in that stock until my MDT XRS with the T1x inlet got here.

CCI SV works well in Mine for Mid Priced ammo.
The SK Rifle March and Long Range Match ammo is more accurate in my gun at a significantly higher cost and limited availability.
Be aware that the attaching screw for the magazine chute will interfere with a stock with a T3 / T3x inlet at the bridge between the trigger pocket and the magazine well.
It's a pretty easy milling cut to gain enough clearance to make it fit.
I did this with my old CTR bottom metal and the T1X Barreled Action lived in that stock until my MDT XRS with the T1x inlet got here.
I have access to a mill, so I figure I can modify my ACC and the aluminum mini-chassis in the GGS stocks that I want to use. I will start buying the CCI SV and keep my eyes peeled for some SK if I decide to shoot any of the local 22 matches.

Thanks

Oddly enough, my T1X doesn't seem to like CCI SV all that much. CCI sub-sonic hollow points work quite well.

My T1X dropped right in to my ACC. CCISV did as well as SKRM in the factory barrel. Average 1.76” 10 rnd groups at 100 over 44 groups. With an IBI 12T the SK stepped ahead to 1 1/4” groups or so. YoDave trigger spring, and it’s done.

Reactions: 260284
I don't have a T1X, but CCI-SV out of several rifles was as good or better than SKRM. Get some of each and see what works for you.
My T1x seems to shoot CCI SV quite well for low end ammo. It does better (usually, but not always) with better ammo. Have had great results with almost everything that I've tried. Center-X, Tenex, Wolf MT, SK Std+ all produce respectable groups. I'm finding that the biggest variable to getting great shot groups is the shooter, not the rifle or the ammo. Since I always shoot suppressed in my back yard, I haven't tried any HV stuff in it, but will try some mini-mags and Fed AM the next time I go to an outdoor range. This last month has been too cold to do much shooting. I'm old enough that I ain't shooting if I ain't comfortable.

I have some Mini Mags, but when they're gone I'm not buying any more. Standard Velocity is good in all of mine...I have a case and a half (almost) of SK pistol match, it seems to be better than the rifle match I had. I'm going to get some pistol match special for when it's cold(er) outside...like you, I'm not big on shooting if it isn't comfortable.

I have some Mini Mags, but when they're gone I'm not buying any more. Standard Velocity is good in all of mine...I have a case and a half (almost) of SK pistol match, it seems to be better than the rifle match I had. I'm going to get some pistol match special for when it's cold(er) outside...like you, I'm not big on shooting if it isn't comfortable.
I'm with you on the Mini Mags. I have about 4 bricks and am thinking of just selling them to finance more of the better stuff. I've had them for a while, so they are "old" production and probably better than the newer lots. I just keep looking for 'deals' on better grades of standard velocity.
What amazes me is that people are paying $0.15 a round for mini mags and happy to do so. Wasn't so long ago that you could get decent Eley for that - or SK Magazine for less than that! The last SKM that I bought was $0.10/rd plus shipping. I guess those were the good old days...

I'm with you on the Mini Mags. I have about 4 bricks and am thinking of just selling them to finance more of the better stuff. I've had them for a while, so they are "old" production and probably better than the newer lots. I just keep looking for 'deals' on better grades of standard velocity.
What amazes me is that people are paying $0.15 a round for mini mags and happy to do so. Wasn't so long ago that you could get decent Eley for that - or SK Magazine for less than that! The last SKM that I bought was $0.10/rd plus shipping. I guess those were the good old days...
I remember buying 40 grain Blazers for $18/brick and CCI-SV for $24/brick. The SKRM was $65/brick, so I was expecting it to be significantly better than CCI-SV, it wasn't for me.

I'll buy 40 grain Blazers again, even though they are HV, we use them for Rimfire Challenge (completely unrelated to this thread, sorry for the off topic), when reliable "cheap" ammo and distances under 35 yards is the game, you buy what works...and it works great for big targets when you're burning through 300 rounds a match per person.

Hope these end up working out:

ETA:
Code for copy/paste of URL for those who can't see it

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/mkmachining/photos/a.1911000629137825/3113160585588484/

Hi from across the pond,

New to the forum and Tikka, I've shot ISSF style stuff for many years, stop a few years ago but recently started doing nrl22. Really enjoyed it and so wanted to get a rifle specifically for it. Initially wanted to go for a Annie 1710 competition as I have always shot Anschutz but then decided to give Tikka a try after reading this thread and others on it.

So anyway, finally got it earlier this week:
PXL_20220203_114424413_kindlephoto-173077115.jpg

So far only mounted a vortex strike eagle on March/Audere rings. I went straight dovetail as our club doesn't go beyond 100yds and I didn't want to stack tolerances. Also installed a yodave spring, trigger now breaks at 1.1lb with adjustment screw fully out touching the big hex bolt. Not quite the 3oz trigger on my Annie single shot but probably appropriate for positional shooting.

Still waiting for my ACC chassis and Sterk bolt handle to arrive.

Did anyone notice any change in the rifle's ammo preference following a chassis swap?

Was thinking about whether to do some ammo testing before the chassis arrives.

Hi from across the pond,

New to the forum and Tikka, I've shot ISSF style stuff for many years, stop a few years ago but recently started doing nrl22. Really enjoyed it and so wanted to get a rifle specifically for it. Initially wanted to go for a Annie 1710 competition as I have always shot Anschutz but then decided to give Tikka a try after reading this thread and others on it.

So anyway, finally got it earlier this week:
View attachment 7799661

So far only mounted a vortex strike eagle on March/Audere rings. I went straight dovetail as our club doesn't go beyond 100yds and I didn't want to stack tolerances. Also installed a yodave spring, trigger now breaks at 1.1lb with adjustment screw fully out touching the big hex bolt. Not quite the 3oz trigger on my Annie single shot but probably appropriate for positional shooting.

Still waiting for my ACC chassis and Sterk bolt handle to arrive.

Did anyone notice any change in the rifle's ammo preference following a chassis swap?

Was thinking about whether to do some ammo testing before the chassis arrives.
I didn’t test mine without the ACC. The biggest for me was putting an IBI 1:12 twist barrel on. I doubt the twist made a difference at 100, but the barrel itself cut my SK Standard+ 10 shot group size by 40%. Now it averages around 1.375”, often putting 8/10 at 1” or under. Center X and Eley Match are more consistently under 1”, but positional shooting usually doesn’t call for that and the cost gets significantly higher.

Was that a one off 1:12 twist from them?

I am probably going to try and stay with the factory barrel as far as possible if it shoots well enough. Barrel swaps are a bit more complicated in the UK given our legislations, so if I do swap then I will probably go the full barrel blank/custom chambering route.

Was that a one off 1:12 twist from them?

I am probably going to try and stay with the factory barrel as far as possible if it shoots well enough. Barrel swaps are a bit more complicated in the UK given our legislations, so if I do swap then I will probably go the full barrel blank/custom chambering route.
They do 1:12 for anyone who asks. It only really makes a difference past 200. I understand the pain the law can make from basic things. The IBI barrel cut my groups quite a bit, but for you buying an Anschutz might be easier re the legalities.

I see, I will probably be ok for nrl22 under 100yards until I do .22 elr I guess. I haven't even shot the rifle yet lol but Anschutz prices in Europe are probably the only thing good vs US.

I just read that the mkm mag extension doesn't work with the ACC, is that still the case?

Reactions: Emerson0311
while i am unsure whether or not they have any I did notice on mdt page where you can get there chassis it did mention the tika t1 like you could order the stock and also the T1 action if it is that would be pretty cool as i have drawn a blank in finding one in stock so far .
https://mdttac.com/xrs-chassis-system/ best of luck with whatever you decide to do .

I see, I will probably be ok for nrl22 under 100yards until I do .22 elr I guess. I haven't even shot the rifle yet lol but Anschutz prices in Europe are probably the only thing good vs US.

I just read that the mkm mag extension doesn't work with the ACC, is that still the case?
Anything that makes the factory mag base significantly bigger won’t work with the ACC because the ACC magwell is designed for a T3X and a bigger 22 magazine won’t fit.